PDA

View Full Version : Complete Champion - The Healing Sorcerer

JackMage666
2007-06-11, 01:13 AM
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you could make a Healing Sorcerer that's pretty effective by using Complete Champion. Here's how I'd go about it.
Step 1: Domain Access (pg 52), nab the Healing Domain. Reduces spells you get to pick to know, in exhange for the Healing Domain spells (so, a number of the good ones). Also, nets you a +1 CL to healing.
Step 2: At 6th and 9th level, Mitigate Suffering and Touch of Healing as feats are good. +1 CL to healing spells each (and it stacks), as well as the abilities that will help you conserve spells (reduction of damaged ability scores, usable at will, as well as the ability to return a creature to 1/2 health before you have to use real spells)
Step 3: Other spells. You still get your awesome arcane spells. Cool.

I'm not seeing any real limitations that wouldn't make the Sorcerer pretty good at healing. Any restrictions or rules that I'm missing here?

GryffonDurime
2007-06-11, 01:15 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, even as a Domain Sorcerer, you only get 1 domain spell a day per spell level.

CASTLEMIKE
2007-06-11, 09:51 AM
The UA/Hypertext Spellcaster has both arcane and divine spell lists to choose from plus choice of primary ability Int, Char or Wis and bonus feats at 5, 10, 15 and 20 if not PRCing.

ReluctantDragon
2007-06-11, 10:49 AM
The quickest way I've seen to accomplish the same task that you describe is to take the feat Arcane Disciple. Follow Pelor(or another god with the healing domain), and heal/blast/utility to your heart's content

Neek
2007-06-11, 12:54 PM
The problem with a the Arcane Disciple feat idea is that you can only prepare one domain spell for each caster level. The feat's worded a little badly, however. You can only cast one spell per day--but it's not explicit if that's against your spells per--and you learn the domain spells as per your class. Which means, worst case (it counts against spells per day and spells known), for a Wizard it's not bad.

For a Sorcerer, it's trouble. You lose a spell slot per level to learn a Domain spell which you can only cast once for that day.