PDA

View Full Version : Random Questions

Xar Zarath
2015-12-07, 12:38 AM
1. So I've been thinking about demiplanes especially those noted in PF. Do demiplanes regardless of DND or PF have a shadow analogue? Because when you use Shadow Walk spell you travel the Plane of Shadow? Does a demiplane whether or not created by you, have a shadowy copy of itself that you travel through?

2. What happens to an evil soul condemned to the Abyss? I know it becomes a demon but does it get mulched into a thousand portions, each having the chance to become a full fledged demon or does every individual soul get transformed into a demon?

DrMotives
2015-12-07, 01:09 AM
For the first question, in standard cosmology the Plane of Shadow touches the Material Plane only, as far as full planes go. Demi-planes are a unique situation, and it really depends on a case by case, but most don't touch Shadow either. Most touch either the Ethereal or the Astral. But I said standard cosmology, and Eberron uses a unique one, as does Forgotten Realms in 3.5. 3.0 Forgotten Realms used standard though. Pathfinder has a different standard cosmology than D&D. So really, it can vary a lot.

For your 2nd question, standard rules is that 1 soul becomes 1 exemplar. So any demon or devil is made from a single mortal soul, or is spawned from the plane itself. The only multi-souled beings I can think of are some undead, many of them are specifically made from many mortals put into a conglomerate creature.

Falcon X
2015-12-07, 02:04 PM
Question 1: Through D&D cosmology, I believe the Plane of Shadow works the same way as the Ethereal Plane. It is parallel to the Prime Material plane, and thus does not exist for any of the other planes.

Question 2: I cannot quote this, but I remember no source that would make me think a person's spirit divides upon arrival. Every reference of the afterlives has a person become a petitioner, or a dretch, or something else. Most importantly: One soul.
The only part of the cycle that I think might be like shattering of the soul is when a petitioner merges with a deity or realm after living as a petitioner for a while

Uncle Pine
2015-12-07, 05:04 PM
You'll probably find more competent answers to your everyday planar questions here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?418709-afroakuma-s-Planar-And-Other-Oddities-Questions-Thread-VI).