PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Seductive Channel

Geddy2112
2015-12-07, 02:10 PM
Hi Playground,

I am cooking up a cleric of Calistria, and I am debating the seductive channel feat. It says that anybody I heal with positive channeled energy can get additional healing equal to my charisma modifier, but then take a -2 to will saves against charm, emotion, and compulsion effects I product. Also a -2 to sense motive against my bluff checks.

How does this work against non ally targets-namely NPC's and enemies? Since the wording says it is voluntary, do all targets of the channel know what they are getting into? Do they only see the extra HP offer and not the penalty? Any clarification would be great!

Elder_Basilisk
2015-12-07, 05:19 PM
Bizarre feat and one that would require a lot of creativity to take advantage of under most circumstances (seriously, how often is healing your enemies going to be a good strategy--and how often will you have the opportunity to heal people you need to charm or suggest).

Since the feat doesn't specify one way or another, I would say that it is fully transparent. In character, they would know that by giving in to your supernatural attraction, they can gain additional healing. Or they can forgo that healing in order to keep their heads about your character.

Ravens_cry
2015-12-07, 05:26 PM
It's pretty weird, yes. However, it can be a fair bit of extra healing, especially if you're playing an Oracle and charisma is your main stat. It could also add an interesting twist in a social game of intrigue. "Oh, let me heal you, sire/my lady. Now, about this proposal I had in mind . . ." Still, that's very, very niche.

BowStreetRunner
2015-12-07, 05:30 PM
I could see a 'spy' type using this.

Geddy2112
2015-12-07, 05:42 PM
In combat, I would use it for the extra HP to buff the party. Mind control on PC's invites trouble, and I would not use it against a PC unless absolutely needed. I am going for a spy style cleric, with trickery as a domain. I like the option out of combat because I can come in as a healer-channeling positive energy is a nice olive branch, and if I could offer extra(or force it) without the NPC's knowing that is even better. I was going for CG, and Calistria's neutral and good healers often offer healing and restoration without taking payment up front, saying they will collect it later. Since I will have a ton of enchantment spells from trickery, and I was considering the evangelist archetype to spontaneously cast enchantment/emotion spells, I could see a lot of use. However, if the NPC's know it is pretty meh, and I will take something else.