PDA

View Full Version : Player Help I kinda found a hack with an unexperienced DM what should I do

Miyamoto
2015-12-07, 04:20 PM
Story short , my DM created a loot including a Ring that made people hair grow really fast , an i mean it . So I took it and asked for nothing more to my party . My goal was to create a market of wigs of good quality by paying anybody that has good hair to wear the ring and sell the hair to the wigmaker . I could make a ton of money . From what we saw someone put on the ring for 5 sec and it grew 1 meter lol . What should I do ? Should I compromise and just sell the ring to the DM in exchange of a good item or could one of you guys help me figure out how much money should it get me or etc...

ComaVision
2015-12-07, 04:28 PM
Watch out OP, clearly the ring is cursed and the DM is going to turn your character into Rapunzel.

nyjastul69
2015-12-07, 04:43 PM
Is it just the hair on your head, or is it all body hair?

Uncle Pine
2015-12-07, 05:07 PM
Play it along: the money you'll be able to do selling wigs is still capped by your Profession (wigmaker) checks, so it's not like you'll instantly have infinite gold. But you'll definitely have a discount on raw materials.

Troacctid
2015-12-07, 05:13 PM
If I were DM, I'd adjudicate your plan using the DMG2 rules for running a Service business.

Agincourt
2015-12-07, 05:28 PM
I don't recall seeing a market price for hair in the books. Is there one listed somewhere?

This doesn't seem too problematic to me unless the market price for hair is more than salt, for example. Even then, this plan requires the DM to play along and let you sell hair indefinitely. Even an inexperienced DM is going to put his foot down.

Chronos
2015-12-07, 08:02 PM
Yeah, there might be a price for wigs, but that only matters if there's someone willing to buy them. You'll probably saturate the market before you get more than about a hundred gold.