PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder optimize this flavor!

arkangel111
2015-12-07, 04:47 PM
Finally got a home game instead of PFS so more PF material is available.

here's the concept non-goblin raised by not evil goblins to be an ambassador and defender of their tribe.
I am hoping PoW is allowed but as of now lets assume it isn't. I am more or less going to play him as a goblin, while he might not be dumb, he'll have a skewed view of the world. So more than anything I want this character to feel like a goblin regardless of his class.

here's what the party has: Monk, Swashbuckler, Kineticist, hunter.

Warrnan
2015-12-07, 05:06 PM
I'm not very knowledgeable about PF but if you want someone who is A diplomat for your tribe of non-evil Goblins, then Bard is the way to go. Charisma, skill points, and bluff and diplomacy as class skills.

Enchantment flavored wizards could work too. Rogue can do a decent job as a face with out resorting to magic.

arkangel111
2015-12-07, 05:30 PM
Well I was originally thinking a tank type class since he will be much bigger than his brethren and i think it would be appropriate, but with the damage heavy classes that's already there it might not be so good. plus I know one of the guys is probably PURE damage, he usually makes his character blow through scenario's solo in PFS and I have never seen him play a character that wasn't "I hit hard". In fact i think I complained about him in a previous post even. So in order to keep having fun with my first home game in ages I want the character himself to be fun and to focus on something besides damage cause ultimately i think we'll have enough of it.
I am looking for race/feat/class/playstyle suggestions that I could make feel really "gobliny". I am reading through the goblins of golarion book now to really get a grasp on this character's lifestyle.

Geddy2112
2015-12-07, 05:53 PM
Caviliers make excellent tanks, and fit the goblin lifestyle as goblins love to ride dogs and pigs. The emissary archetype could be the rider who seeks to tell others about the tribe and how they are not the evil flesh eating pyromaniacs most people think they are. Order of the beast(ACG) could represent goblins who respect nature and animals for more than just food. Order of the sword or dragon is a classic loyal protector of the tribe.

Goblins are savage and love fire, so alchemist, gunslinger, and blaster caster are classic stereotypes.