PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility

8BitNinja
2015-12-07, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can make invisibility work

the idea is for a meta-effect and people not seeing a piece, but how can you actually hide a creature?

Flickerdart
2015-12-07, 05:30 PM
What game? It can be as simple as casting invisibility in magic-heavy games like D&D, to a flat out impossibility in something like Everybody is John.

8BitNinja
2015-12-07, 05:33 PM
What game? It can be as simple as casting invisibility in magic-heavy games like D&D, to a flat out impossibility in something like Everybody is John.

I just need to be able to hide an enemy, not necessarily the effect

AceOfFools
2015-12-07, 05:38 PM
Are you asking how to mechanically define invisibility?

Flickerdart
2015-12-07, 05:39 PM
In what? Miniatures, theatre of the mind, chess?

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-07, 05:39 PM

Is the enemy working with you or resisting?

You can secretly disguise the enemy to appear as someone else using magic or skills

You kill the enemy and stuff him into a trunk.

You can max out perform:ventriloquism and kill/knockout/sleep the enemy and Weekend at Bernies it.

You can kill the enemy, and raise him as undead zombie, and then disguise him to be someone else.

You can kill/sleep everyone but the enemy, thus rendering him invisible.

Jeraa
2015-12-07, 05:55 PM
Is the enemy working with you or resisting?

You can secretly disguise the enemy to appear as someone else using magic or skills

You kill the enemy and stuff him into a trunk.

You can max out perform:ventriloquism and kill/knockout/sleep the enemy and Weekend at Bernies it.

You can kill the enemy, and raise him as undead zombie, and then disguise him to be someone else.

You can kill/sleep everyone but the enemy, thus rendering him invisible.

I believe the OP is talking about hiding the creature token on the battle map, not the creature itself in a game. In which case, label one side of the map with letters, and an adjacent side with numbers. That gives each row and column a designation, so you know that the invisible creature is in square A6 or G4, for example.

LibraryOgre
2015-12-07, 06:13 PM
I believe the OP is talking about hiding the creature token on the battle map, not the creature itself in a game. In which case, label one side of the map with letters, and an adjacent side with numbers. That gives each row and column a designation, so you know that the invisible creature is in square A6 or G4, for example.

This is the best option, I think, if you're running a battlemap scenario.

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-07, 06:33 PM

That makes so much more sense.

8BitNinja
2015-12-07, 07:56 PM
This is the best option, I think, if you're running a battlemap scenario.

Yes, I am running a battlemap

Thanks for telling me how to hide the pieces

The Orc sunk the battleship which is the name of the Fighter

Aran nu tasar
2015-12-07, 08:41 PM
I keep track of what square the invisible creature is in. If it is a player, the mini can be on the battlemap without issue and I just make sure to have enemies act as if they couldn't see it; if the invisible creature is an enemy, I usually leave a mini to mark its last known location.

goto124
2015-12-07, 11:07 PM
Use a double-sided Battleship thing for the battle grid. (http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/66141/66141_1000x1000.jpg)

nedz
2015-12-08, 02:56 AM
I just use a sketch map - possibly just in my head - and add or remove the figure, as appropriate, at the start of each player's turn.

8BitNinja
2015-12-08, 01:17 PM
I just use a sketch map - possibly just in my head - and add or remove the figure, as appropriate, at the start of each player's turn.

Thanks, this will help me DM in the future