PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Base Class: TEMPLAR - (PEACH; WIP)

Arkhios
2015-12-08, 06:02 AM
TEMPLAR

Level
Proficiency Bonus
Features
Cantrips

+2
Spellcasting, Lorekeeper, Order

+2
Templar’s Knack, Order Feature

+2

+2
Ability Score Improvement

+3

+3
Order Feature

-

+3

+3

+4

+4
Order Feature

+4

+4

+5

+5
Order Feature

+5

+5

+6

+6
Grand Lorekeeper

+6

+6
Order Feature

Class Features:
Hit Die: 1d8+Con at 1st level; 1d8 (or 5) + Con each level after first.
Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: You have proficiency with light armor and with all simple weapons. Orders may grant more.
Tools: Select one artisan's tool to be proficient with.
Saving Throws: See individual Orders.
Skills: See individual Orders.

Spellcasting
Spellcasting methods vary between each Order so that they are in practice unique to each order. As such, their spellcasting ability depends from their Order. In general, however, their spellcasting follow same universal rules.

Spell Saving Throw DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Order’s ability modifier.
Spell Attack Bonus = your proficiency bonus + your Order’s ability modifier.

Cantrips: At 1st level, you know two cantrips of your choice from your Order spell list. You learn additional Order cantrips of your choice at higher levels, as shown in the Cantrips Known column of the Templar table.

Spells Known and casting spells: Templars have access to the Abjuration, Illusion, and Necromancy schools, from which they can learn their spells by default. In addition, each Order grants access to another School which is open only for the given Order. You know all spells from your Order’s Secret and Specialized schools as specified under each Order. Over time, you may choose to learn the spells from the two remaining Universal schools, but you must acquire each one individually through research, study, or by learning them from another Templar. In order to cast spells, you must prepare them when you finish a long rest. Each day you can prepare a number of spells equal to your Order’s Ability Modifier + ½ of your Templar level. These spells can be from any spell levels you are able to cast and for which you have spell slots available. You can cast your prepared spells in any combination until you have expended all spell slots.

It's intentional that the Templar can prepare less spells than a full-caster normaly would. This is due to the core assumption of Magic in the Torn Horizon. If you wanted to use Templar elsewhere, your DM might allow Templars to prepare spells equal to their Order's Ability Modifier + your Templar level

Ritual Casting: You can cast a Templar spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spells prepared.

Wild Magic: For a Templar, the chance when a Wild Magic Surge occurs depends on how familiar he or she is with the specific methods of casting a spell from each school.

Secret School = Advantage on the d20 roll to determine whether a spell causes a Wild Magic Surge.
Universal School = Disadvantage on the d20 roll to determine whether a spell causes a Wild Magic Surge.
Specialized School = No advantage nor disadvantage on the d20 roll to determine whether a spell causes a Wild Magic Surge.

Order: At 1st level, you swear fealty to the Templars and you make a vow you won’t share your Order’s secrets to anyone other than a Templar of your Order. If you do, you and all those with whom you shared them will be executed. If a Templar is executed for this reason, another Templars will refuse any requests of revival, and you must follow the rules for making a new character, as normal.

Multiclassing Note: A character who has levels in another class can multiclass into a Templar, if you can find a Templar of an appropriate order willing to Mentor you, but if a Templar ever multiclasses into another class, you may never continue to advance as a Templar, as the organization considers such thing as a violation of your vow. Multiclassed Templars are nevertheless subject to the vow’s punishments, if they ever share their secrets to the uninitiated.
Multiclassing Prerequisite stats are Cha 13 for Order of the Chain, Wis 13 for Order of the Flame, and Int 13 for Order of the Tome

Lorekeeper: Templars are the keepers of ancient lore, safeguarding and researching knowledge that is forgotten and yet to be found. At 1st level, select one skill from your order’s skill list with which you must be proficient with. You add double your proficiency bonus on all checks with this skill.

Templar’s Knack: Templars know the risks of spellcasting and have accepted the possible result as a one more eventuality in life. At 2nd level, when a Wild Magic Surge would occur, before your DM rolls to determine the event, you can choose to have your DM roll twice and you can choose which one will happen. You then make a Sanity saving throw against a DC equal to 10 + the level of spell which caused the Wild Magic Surge. If you fail the saving throw, you gain a short-term madness, which lasts until you finish a long rest.

OPTIONAL: If you use this class in campaign where spellcasting is stable, and doesn’t cause Wild Magic Surges, you instead learn signature spells from your Order’s secret lore. At each spell level from 1st to 9th select one spell. You have these spells prepared at all times and they do not count against your spells prepared each day.

Grand Lorekeeper: Once you reach 18th level, you add half your proficiency bonus to any skill checks that do not already benefit from your proficiency bonus. In addition, when you finish a short or long rest you can choose one skill you’re proficient with. All creatures of your choice within 30 feet of you (including yourself) who can either hear or see you gain advantage on all checks with that skill until you choose another skill.

The following three spoilers are some points of I think are worth mentioning, but which aren't really part of the class features per se:

Torn Horizon is a post-apocalyptic fantasy world, with strong flavors borrowed from Dark Sun, Eberron, the Fallout series, H.P.Lovecraft, and the Shadowrun. A civilization with advanced technologies is now ancient history, and the remains of those people are reduced to near extinction, struggling to survive against ever increasing dangers of the surrounding wilderness and new horrific threats risen during the apocalyptic cataclysm, simply dubbed as the Tearing (thus named Torn Horizon). Remnants of the ancient technology remain as wondrous devices, and some of the old technology have kept their place among the people, such as advanced surgery, along with advanced prosthetics, firearms being a common sight, and the warforged race, to name but a few.

Fear, madness, and sanity walk hand-in-hand. The never-before-seen monstrosities which now roam the wilderness have all the means to frighten the crap out of you, in the most literal way possible. I've taken it as a fairly common occurence, that if a character is at any time frightened by some abominable or supernatural creature or another similar phenomenon, he or she is subject to a possible madness, ranging from short-term to infinite, depending on the CR of the encounter.

Since madness is closely tied to sanity, in respect to Lovecraft, I've taken a seventh ability score from DMG: Sanity. Saves against fear are rolled as usual, but with a failure, there is additional save against madness, which is rolled with the Sanity Score. Obviously this isn't the only possible use for the additional ability score, but it is the most prevalent one.

First off, since I personally dislike a sort-of black & white point of view in things such as alignment, I liked the idea of dropping the concept altogether. However, while there is no real border between good or evil, I do recognize the need to monitor the general morale and motivation of characters - both player and non-player. That's why I've included a factor by which all Orders are judged: Pros & Cons. I've tried to maintain the ideals, that none of the Orders are particularly good or evil, but rather ambiguous instead. Each player can play their character as they feel right, without having to stick with some "code" to remain aligned to one end or another.

Another issue is with the deities. Too many fantasy roleplaying game is filled with dozens of different gods, waging their immortal war against each other, mortals as their pawns on a multi-layered dragonchess-board. For this reason, and partly for an intriguing idea, I decided to leave the setting wanting of deities altogether. This has worked well so far, and the beliefs upon higher (or lower) beings have remained as I see them, personal and abstract concepts for the characters, and not tied to any religious texts or tenets. And might even have some sway on the alignment vs morale view.

At first I was reluctant to allow magic at all in Torn Horizon campaign, but later on I realized the real issue I had with magic was with spells creating or summoning things out of thin air, not with the manipulating things already there. This led me to exclude two schools of magic completely: conjuration and evocation. However, since spellcasting classes from PHB are no doubt designed with purposes to accommodate even those schools of magic, allowing existing classes from the book might have proved problematic in the long run. So I decided to whip up a new class of my own, from the ground up.

For a while I wrestled with the idea of three distinct sub-classes of one class, all of which had their unique feel and function, but I didn't know how to do it. Then, with suggestion from a friend, I finally got it: 6 remaining schools divided with 3 sub-classes, with classic banned schools of magic for each one. I'd already had an idea of each order having their own spellcasting abilities, which helped me to form the thematic frames for their allowed vs banned schools. Finally I ended up with a concept: each sub-class an Order of the Templars (originally from Dark Sun, but later mixed up with real world templars and the ones from Assassin's Creed) had one school of magic as a secret for their own, and remaining 3 schools given universally to all.
Thematic guidelines for each order were Knowledge for Tome (Divination), Self-perfection and transcendence for Flame (Transmutation), and Social manipulation for Chain (Enchantment)

Because I still wanted to keep up the illusion of dangerous, unpredictable, and thus rare magics, I wanted to present a drawback on spellcasting. Not only were each individual order forbidden access to other orders' "secret" schools of magic, all magic would behave like they were cast by a sorcerer of Wild Magic Origin. However, unlike with the sorcerous origin, the 5% chance (a natural 1 from a d20 roll) would be present at each and every time a spell is cast. Granted, a few results on that table creates an effect that is roughly or precisely equivalent to a spell from either conjuration or evocation school, but since the caster wouldn't have any control over them, it would be alright. And would add up an extra risk; especially if one would trigger a fireball centered on oneself!
With this possibility in mind, I came up with a lenient idea of giving each order a better chance of not triggering a Wild Magic Surge, in the form of giving them advantage on the d20 roll if they were casting a spell from their secret school. Likewise they would have disadvantage on the roll if the spell being cast was from a school they were not particularly familiar with.

Arkhios
2015-12-10, 03:58 AM
Order of the Chain

http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57399&d=1368017427&stc=1

"True leaders hold the reins of the monarchs, either through subtle whispers or with an iron grip."

A Templar of the Chain is rightfully considered dangerous and feared for their inquisitive ways, but their order is also revered for their sway with positions of leadership. It is their belief that whether the Templars interfere with the world’s natural cycle or not, a world flung into chaos is as a hot ingot to be molded. Their order believe that it is their purpose to restore order and unity at all costs, whether it be with an iron fist at the head of an army or with silken whispers behind a throne.

Pros: Order is restored.
Cons: Order is imposed.

Order Proficiencies:
Armor. You also have proficiency in medium armor and shields.
Weapons. You also have proficiency in all martial weapons.
Saving Throws. You have proficiency in Constitution & Charisma saving throws.
Skills. Choose two skills from Athletics, Animal Handling, Deception, Intimidation, and Persuasion.
Spellcasting Focus. You can use druidic focus as a spellcasting focus.
Spellcasting Ability: Your spellcasting depends on your ability to persuade and lead others. Essentially your magic draws its power from your will. Thus, your spellcasting ability is Charisma.

Secret Training: Your order grants you access to Enchantment school.
Specialized Training: As a Templar of the Chain, you have Specialized Training in Abjuration school.

Order Features:
Order Training: At 1st level, you adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options: Archery, Defense, Dueling, Great Weapon Fighting. You can’t take a Fighting Style option more than once, even if you later get to choose again.

Encouraging Words: As you reach 2nd level, you learn to inspire your allies through stirring words enhanced by your magic. As an action, you can expend a spell slot to grant a target within 60 feet one Encouragement Die, which is 1d6. With a 1st-level slot you can choose two targets, increasing by one target with each spell slot level above 1st, up to 10 targets with 9th-level slot. Each target may spend the die within the next 10 minutes to an ability check, an attack roll, or a saving throw, rolling the die and adding the result to the final roll.

Extra Attack: Starting at 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Rally: Starting at 10th level, you can use inspiring words to rally friendly creatures. As a bonus action, your choice of up to 3 allies who can also hear you within 60 feet of you can use their reaction to make a melee or ranged attack with a bonus to their attack rolls equal to your Charisma modifier. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier. You regain expended uses once you finish a long rest.

Battle Magic: At 14th level, you have mastered the art of weaving spellcasting and weapon into a single harmonious act. When you use your action to cast a templar spell, you can make one weapon attack as a bonus action.

Beacon of Inspiration: Once you reach 20th level, you become an inspiration to your allies and a fascinating or terrible sight to your foes. As an action, you can activate your innate powers and emit an aura with a radius of 30 feet. Allies within 30 feet of you when you activate the aura receive one additional Inspiration which they can use only while they remain within the area. Enemies who start their turns within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be either charmed or frightened of you (your choice). A successful save leaves the target immune to this feature for 24 hours. The aura lasts for 10 minutes, and you must finish a long rest to be able to use this feature again.

Arkhios
2015-12-10, 04:03 AM
Order of the Flame

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_klzpNPsXHas/TTsBj3QL0mI/AAAAAAAAAL4/nCMxdOCS6G0/s1600/Steampunk%2BLord%2BPreator.jpg

"Praised be."

Templars of the Flame believe that gods - or rather their absence, if they truly ever existed, - are the true reason to blame for the chaos which now rules over the world. Their Order believes that the divine presence is the key to gaining control over the wild forces of their world. Thus most Templars of the Flame believe it is their destiny to transcend their mortal selves through their magical powers, to essentially become gods themselves. This is not the case with all members of the Order, but it is enough to prove their ambitions dangerous for all creation.

Pros: Benevolent Gods may return.
Cons: Malevolent Gods may return.

Order Proficiencies:
Weapons. You also have proficiency with all swords.
Saving Throws. You have proficiency in Strength and Wisdom saving throws.
Skills. Choose two skills from Acrobatics, Athletics, Insight, Perception, and Religion.
Spellcasting Focus. You can use Holy Symbol as a spellcasting focus.
Spellcasting Ability: Your spellcasting depends on your faith in yourself. Essentially your magic draws its power from your soul. Thus, your spellcasting ability is Wisdom.

Secret Training: Your order grants you access to Transmutation school.
Specialized Training: As a Templar of the Flame you have Specialized Training in Necromancy school.

Order Features:
Order Training: At 1st level, you are trained to substitute your Wisdom modifier in place of your Dexterity to your Armor Class. The same limitations apply as with Dexterity.

Control Life: As you reach 2nd level, you learn to control your own life force so that you can cure wounds by focusing on the pain. As an action, you can expend a spell slot and you regain hit points equal to 2d6 with 1st-level spell slot, increased by +1d6 each level above the first, up to a maximum of 10d6 with 9th-level spell slot. When you reach 6th level, as an action you can instead expend a spell slot of 2nd-level or higher to end a diseased or poisoned condition on yourself.

Fleeting Flame: Starting at 6th level, your speed is increased by 10 feet at all times, while you are wearing light or no armor and you’re not wielding a shield. Once you reach 10th and 14th level, your speed is increased by another 5 feet at each level, up to a +20 feet at 14th level. In addition, if you move in a straight line, you can travel over difficult terrain, lava, or water, without taking damage or being affected by movement impairing effects.

Eluding Flame: At 10th level, your instinct allows you to evade from harm. Whenever a successful Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution saving throw would reduce your damage taken to half, you take no damage at all. You are still affected by any other effects. In addition, if you are a target of a melee attack, you can use your reaction to use the Dodge action. You can use this ability a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier and you must finish a long rest to regain all expended uses.

Inner Fire: Beginning at 14th level, your hit point maximum can’t be reduced by any means, and when you’re killed, if you have any spell slots available, you can expend half of the remaining spell slots (round down) to revive after 1 hour with a number of hit points equal to four times your Wisdom modifier. If you’re beheaded or your other vital organs have been removed, this effect doesn’t work. Any other extremities you have lost won’t grow back on their own. You must finish a long rest for this feature to become usable again. If you die again before finishing a long rest, you must be raised from dead as normal.

Divinity: Once you reach 20th level, you no longer age, and you don't die of old age. Additionally, you can seek divinity from within yourself to accomplish the impossible. Describe what you seek to accomplish, and roll percentile dice. On a roll of 50% or lower, you succeed. The DM chooses the nature of the resulting effect; the effect of any spell would be appropriate. If you succeeded, you can't use this feature again for 7 days. Otherwise, you can use it again after you finish a long rest.

Arkhios
2015-12-10, 04:08 AM
Order of the Tome

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/1/10005/944681-ss83c_hires.jpg

"Knowledge is power, but the world isn't ready to wield it; thus we must gather and keep it hidden!"

Templars of the Tome have remained the most true to their original agenda: search and preserve knowledge. Only a few knows for a fact that it was the Templars who brought the disaster known as The Tearing upon the unsuspecting world of present day Torn Horizon. It weighs heavy on their shoulders that the Templar's hunger for knowledge, and therefore power, led to the horrible disaster. From the days of Templar reformation, Order of the Tome has been searching, preserving, and guarding the dangerous knowledge from the outside world - and from their more brash collegial Orders. To this end, it could be said that the Templars of the Tome are the least harmful of all three orders. However, they are mistrusted by those who know of them because they refuse to share their knowledge with anyone else than with the members of their own Order. Even if their aid would further mutual goals. The irony is that Templars of the Tome are equally mistrustful of the uninitiated.

Pros: Knowledge is preserved.
Cons: Knowledge is hidden.

Order Proficiencies:
Saving Throws. You are proficient in Dexterity and Intelligence saving throws.
Skills. Choose two skills from Arcana, History, Investigation, Medicine, and Stealth.
Spellcasting Focus: You can use Arcane Focus as a spellcasting focus.
Spellcasting Ability: Your spellcasting depends on your ability to memorize what you've studied. Essentially your magic draws its power from your mind. Thus, your spellcasting ability is Intelligence.

Secret Training: Your order grants you access to Divination school.
Specialized Training: As a Templar of the Tome you have a Specialized Training in Illusion school.

Order Features:
Order Training: At 1st level, unlike other Templars, you can cast spells with the ritual tag even if you have not prepared them. In addition, you can use a Ritual Book as your Arcane Focus, as long as you have both hands free to hold it and have any additional consumed material components within 5 feet of you or on your person.

Telekinetic Power: Once you reach 2nd level, you gain the ability to control objects with your mind. As an action, at will for 1 minute at one time and within the range of 30 feet you can manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. In addition, you can use a manipulated object to attack. However, to make an attack roll you must also expend a spell slot and make a ranged spell attack. A manipulated object’s base damage is irrelevant, instead it deals damage equal to 2d6 plus your intelligence modifier with 1st-level slot, increased by +1d6 for every level above first, to a maximum of 10d6 plus your intelligence modifier with 9th-level spell slot. Damage type depends on the type of the object. For example: a bludgeoning weapon or a similar object deals bludgeoning damage, a piercing weapon or a similar object deals piercing damage, or a slashing weapon or a similar object deals slashing damage.
You can’t activate magic items with this ability, and you can carry only one object weighing up to 10 pounds at any one time.

Keeper of Tomes: At 6th level, as long as you have access to your Ritual Book, once per day, you can choose to recover expended spell slots when you finish a short rest. The spell slots recovered can have a combined level that is equal to the highest level of spell you know.

Expert Divination: At 10th level, casting divination spells comes so easily to you that it expends only a fraction of your spellcasting efforts. When you cast a divination spell of 2nd level or higher using a spell slot, you regain one expended spell slot. The slots you regain must be of a level lower than the spell you cast and can’t be higher than 5th level.

Forewarned: At 14th level, glimpses of the future begin to press in on your awareness. When you finish a long rest, roll three d20s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any saving throw or ability check made by you, or a Wild Magic Surge roll made by your DM, with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn.
Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls.

Paragon: Once you reach 20th level, you become a master of wild magic, forevermore able to exercise limited control over the wild nature of magic. Whenever you use Templar’s Knack, your DM must roll twice to determine the effects and you can choose which one to occur. You are no more subject to the Sanity saving throw caused by Templar’s Knack.

Arkhios
2015-12-10, 06:09 PM
I'll add the Order features later under spoiler tags in individual orders. However, I'd like to hear your opinions on the general features as well as hear possible ideas on the capstone ability, and whether it should be Order specific or Main class feature.

Thanks already in advance!

WarrentheHero
2015-12-12, 12:35 PM
I feel like you need to narrow it down a bit more. Find a focus and zero in on it.

As it is now, it feels like separate classes, since you have entirely different proficiencies, spell lists, and most importantly, casting modifiers.

When I make a class, I try to figure out what role I want them to be in:
Blaster, for classes that focus on long-range high-damage. Could be considered a subset of Striker. Warlocks and Sorcerors fall into his.
Controller, for classes that specialize in controlling the battlefield. Certain Wizard and Druid builds fall into this, for example.
Defender, for the beefy aggro-soak classes like Fighter and Paladin
Generalists, a little of anything, and can branch into several other roles.à Wizards in general, or Bards
Striker, for classes that specialize in burst damage, like Rogues and a few Ranger builds
Support, those that help out. Most Clerics and certain builds from Druid.

When you make a class, focus on which role they should fulfill. Maybe make a mention of it in the description so people know what's up. Then the subclasses should either refine the role or lean towards another.

Ex. Fighter. A Defender class. It has shields, armor, and features that encourage front line combat. Champion subclass ups damage output (leans toward Striker), Battlemaster allows enemy and ally manipulation (leans toward Controller), and EK leans Generalist depending on spells, and can therefore lean towards several roles.

Also, while all of the lore background is nice, you should strive to sum it up as much as possible and leave the bulk of the post to mechanics.

Arkhios
2015-12-13, 06:50 AM
I feel like you need to narrow it down a bit more. Find a focus and zero in on it.

As it is now, it feels like separate classes, since you have entirely different proficiencies, spell lists, and most importantly, casting modifiers.

When I make a class, I try to figure out what role I want them to be in:
Blaster, for classes that focus on long-range high-damage. Could be considered a subset of Striker. Warlocks and Sorcerors fall into his.
Controller, for classes that specialize in controlling the battlefield. Certain Wizard and Druid builds fall into this, for example.
Defender, for the beefy aggro-soak classes like Fighter and Paladin
Generalists, a little of anything, and can branch into several other roles. Wizards in general, or Bards
Striker, for classes that specialize in burst damage, like Rogues and a few Ranger builds
Support, those that help out. Most Clerics and certain builds from Druid.

When you make a class, focus on which role they should fulfill. Maybe make a mention of it in the description so people know what's up. Then the subclasses should either refine the role or lean towards another.

Ex. Fighter. A Defender class. It has shields, armor, and features that encourage front line combat. Champion subclass ups damage output (leans toward Striker), Battlemaster allows enemy and ally manipulation (leans toward Controller), and EK leans Generalist depending on spells, and can therefore lean towards several roles.

Also, while all of the lore background is nice, you should strive to sum it up as much as possible and leave the bulk of the post to mechanics.

While I appreciate everything you said, I'm already aware of the usual design intent. However, with Templar, I wanted to see if a different approach would be possible, while still being able to keep the class intact and essentially the same class disregarding the obviously huge differences.
I did make some alterations on how the class should be viewed, one of which is that they now have essentially the same spell list (of three schools), and the individual Orders only add one school more, along with a special training in one of the three "universal" schools.

I'm also trying to figure out a few more streamlining alterations but it's all very hazy at the moment.

PS. I added the further details of each order's features recently.

Arkhios
2015-12-18, 07:17 AM
So, I'm getting there. As most of you have suggested, I should kind of "ditch" the separate spellcasting stats for the varying Orders, and go with one stat that's of mutual value to all. I admit it might be far-fetched, but I kinda liked the idea:
Given that I've already tied class mechanics with the Sanity bit, why not go full on Sanity, and make the whole class a Sanity caster. It's going to narrow down the adoptability for most campaigns, but a class that's relying on Sanity as their casting ability is no doubt unique, at least for the time being.
Obviously, I don't want to strip each order from their keyed ability scores entirely and thus I was thinking that maybe those should remain as secondary stats for each order. Meaning, that I'd tie some or all of the Order features to the secondary stat, making them somewhat necessary to pay attention to, but not too much. Only to add some unique feel for each Order, who in a sense share many things in common, but still remain separated from each other due to mutual mistrust or colliding philosophies.

Before I go to implement the change, I'd like to hear what do you like of the idea?

Arkhios
2015-12-31, 01:48 PM
Despite stepping down from base class contest #2, I'd like to continue developing the class further.

Spellcasting Re-designed:
Templars must prepare all spells they can cast. Templar spells are always cast at the highest level possible as determined by their level, up to 5th-level slots. Spell slots up to 5th level are regained once the templar finishes a short or long rest. Spell slots from 6th level and up can be used for all spells, but unlike lower level spell slots, they are not regained until the templar finishes a long rest.

Templar spell levels and spell slot levels:
1. 1st-level spells // 1 slot / rest
2. 1st-level spells // 2 slots / rest
3. 2nd-level spells // 2 slots / rest
4. 2nd-level spells // 2 slots / rest
5. 3rd-level spells // 2 slots / rest
6. 3rd-level spells // 2 slots / rest
7. 4th-level spells // 2 slots / rest
8. 4th-level spells // 2 slots / rest
9. 5th-level spells // 2 slots / rest
10. 5th-level spells // 3 slots / rest
11. 6th-level spells // 1 slot / long rest
12. 6th-level spells // 1 slot / long rest
13. 7th-level spells // 1 slot / long rest
14. 7th-level spells // 1 slot / long rest
15. 8th-level spells // 2 slots / long rest
16. 8th-level spells // 2 slots / long rest
17. 9th-level spells // 2 slots / long rest
18. 9th-level spells // 2 slots / long rest
19. 9th-level spells // 2 slots / long rest
20. 9th-level spells // 3 slots / long rest

JNAProductions
2016-01-01, 11:05 AM
That's more powerful than the Warlock's casting. I'm not saying you can't use that-just know that your casting is better than a very comparable casting class. Make sure the rest of the class is weaker by comparison to make up for that.

Arkhios
2016-01-01, 11:50 AM
That's more powerful than the Warlock's casting. I'm not saying you can't use that-just know that your casting is better than a very comparable casting class. Make sure the rest of the class is weaker by comparison to make up for that.

Acknowledged! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll see to it first hand.