PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next D&D 5e Stats for Santa

JamesIntrocaso
2015-12-08, 08:50 AM
So I'm writing a holiday themed adventure on my blog... which meant I needed create stats for Santa! Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://worldbuilderblog.me/2015/12/08/5e-santa-stats/

PoeticDwarf
2015-12-09, 01:51 PM
The Santa Claus I know, is a guy with some weak magic features and HP not above third that of a normal human, you can give him strong helpers but Santa shouldn't be above CR 1/2 is my opinion.

If you want to make him strong, it looks great.

Sredni Vashtar
2015-12-09, 02:06 PM
The Santa Claus I know, is a guy with some weak magic features and HP not above third that of a normal human, you can give him strong helpers but Santa shouldn't be above CR 1/2 is my opinion.

If you want to make him strong, it looks great.

See, I disagree. The way I see it, this is a bit short of what Santa Claus should be capable of. Frankly, given all the stories and poems and legends, Santa Claus can only be statted out in a superhero system. Otherwise, he just falls short.

JamesIntrocaso
2015-12-09, 02:15 PM
Clearly we all have different ideas, but that's great. I'd love to see both the CR 1/2 Santa and the superhero system Santa. I bet they're pretty dope!

weaseldust
2015-12-09, 03:39 PM
Wait, the mistletoe doesn't force adjacent creatures to kiss?

More seriously, I feel like Santa should have 30 charisma if anything does, but that would make his spell save DC too high. What if he cast using wisdom instead?

Also, I recommend Conjure Woodland Beings as a 3/day spell, for access to "elves" (sprites?). And Jump or Levitate at will for getting back up the chimney. Maybe Create Food and Water at will for improved hospitality, Animal Friendship at will because Santa should be good with animals, and Control Weather 1/day to make it snow. Animate Objects either 3/day or 1/day would be neat for Nutcracker-style antics. Lesser Restoration would also be nice, since you fluff Santa and his lair as having other restorative powers.