PDA

View Full Version : Booming Blade and Sentinel

ZenBear
2015-12-08, 12:08 PM
Is it redundant to have both? If the target tries to flee and I stop it with Sentinel, does Booming Blade not trigger?

LefferDP
2015-12-08, 03:34 PM
Is it redundant to have both? If the target tries to flee and I stop it with Sentinel, does Booming Blade not trigger?

Yes, that aspect of them is redundant, but Booming Blade does make your AoO enforcement overall stronger and Sentinel gives you a chance at making those AoOs more often than you might otherwise (due to Disengage otherwise negating that chance).

Maxilian
2015-12-08, 05:46 PM

If you have Sentinel, there's no real reason to use Booming Blade (use Green Flame instead) cause the extra damage of it won't trigger (cause the target can't move)

Note: I assume that you're talking about using Booming Blade with your OA (so that means that you have War caster)

ZenBear
2015-12-09, 12:36 PM
If you have Sentinel, there's no real reason to use Booming Blade (use Green Flame instead) cause the extra damage of it won't trigger (cause the target can't move)

Note: I assume that you're talking about using Booming Blade with your OA (so that means that you have War caster)

Well no, I'm just talking about in general taking Sentinel and Booming Blade on an EK. I wasn't even thinking about Warcaster.

Maxilian
2015-12-09, 02:26 PM
Well no, I'm just talking about in general taking Sentinel and Booming Blade on an EK. I wasn't even thinking about Warcaster.

Well... then is not completely useless, but not really useful against 1 enemy, if there are more than target, you could use BB on one and use your reaction with the other one, you could also use BB whenever you plan to use your reaction for something else (Like when you want to cast Shield or Absorb element), also BB is useful if you want to go with a hit and run tactic (you hit them and run away, they will get their OA on you but if they try to follow you they will take damage)