PDA

View Full Version : Armies of the Damned (IC)

2015-12-08, 06:22 PM
Following the directions in the letter, you arrive at the hotel in time for the scheduled meeting. Making your way into the main room, you find the ground floor bar has a more somber mood about it than you're used to seeing in a Ghallanda-run establishment. Inquiring at the bar, you are directed to a meeting hall a ways away from the bar, where the elf awaits. As you enter the room, you see a long table dominating the room; the overhead lights have been dimmed to a barely flickering candle here and there, with the lighting of the room mostly provided by the roaring fireplace a cloaked figure stands next to, her eyes boring into you from across the room with hawk-like intensity. As more people filter into the room, everyone takes a seat, and the figure by the fire still has as-of-yet to move.

When the clock strikes eight, the figure finally stirs, taking her seat at the far end of the table. Her voice, a soft monotone, emerges: "That's all that will answer the call, I think. Down to business: each of you is a powerful person in your own right, but the foes marching across Khorvaire are vast, numerous, and lead by powerful undead generals. An individual can be brought down through numbers, or from their weaknesses being exploited. A team can strengthen each other, cover their weaknesses, and drive back the masses. For whatever reason you have come here, be it an inability to accept Karrnath's actions morally, a desire to see Karrnath fall for personal gain, a desire to defend Khorvaire, or just getting paid for a good fight, you have come. All of us, gathered together, can drive this menace back, destroy the corrupt generals and their abominable leader, and bring Khorvaire back to the peace it has earned after the Last War."

"What say you all? Will you join this alliance and face a seemingly unbeatable foe and its endless armies?"

Irish Musician
2015-12-08, 07:37 PM
Ivan "Deathsbane" Thuglinun (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=632476), Cleric of Pelor and Warrior of the Tribe of the Light
Ivan arrives at the hotel, getting off of Andrei and hooking him up to the ground. Ivan knows he won't go anywhere, but it is more of a formality than anything. Ivan unhooks a bail of hay from the side of Andrei and throws it in front of the large Woolly Elephant. He pats Andrei's side and walks into the hotel. Before he is even able to open his mouth and ask, someone directs him to a room where an elf is waiting. Being as big as he is, Ivan must bend fairly far over to make it through the doorways. He sits on the ground, as most of the seats won't support him, and orders a large ale from the waitress.

The first thing people tend to notice about Ivan is his size. At a whopping almost 8ft tall, he towers over most everything around him. His skin is a muted grey and his eyes are a soft, medium blue. The parts of his body you can see, there are markings of the same color of his eyes, and he is completely bald. He has a sword handle in his belt, and his shield covers his back and it is emblazoned with the symbol of Pelor.

Ivan sits and waits for everyone to arrive as he milks his ale. Once the elf starts talking, he listens intently. At the mention of reasons Ivan doesn't hear his, but he waits until the elf is done talking. At the close, he speaks up in a very low, resonating voice, "I am here to see that Karnath is dead and gone. I do not care if I am killed in the process, but by Pelor's light the dragon will fall. Of that I promise."

JNAProductions
2015-12-08, 08:36 PM
I'd love to say no and slam the metaphorical door in your face... But I won't. Gods only know why, but I won't, Jennifer says. I'm yours to command.

Heartspan
2015-12-08, 10:01 PM
I think everyone has much to gain from the dragon's destruction.... I also agree to lend my powers to end his. Asgore sits at the end of the table, relaxedly, appearing almost amused. Far less concerned for the grave threat than he should be.

Majin
2015-12-09, 12:36 AM
Gray had been rather intrigued by this job offer and the person behind it. He was also interested in seeing what sort of people this supposed avatar of death had hired.

As Gray entered the room, he grabbed a chair and took a seat. His body language was relaxed and he didn't look very menacing. Gray in fact looks very plain and unremarkable, except for his golden irises. He was of average height and rather spindly and wasn't seemingly even wearing any armor or weapons.

"As long as the payment is delivered, I'm in".

Lioslaith
2015-12-09, 07:22 AM
Purpose.

The one thing that seemed to resonate with Jhaedys now was that word, purpose. He never takes a seat at the table, remaining off to the side observing the group. A few serving girls approached him but were ignored and left in a huff all in turn.

Jhaedys's armor was once fine, very much so, in fact discerning eyes might be able to tell it was mithril though it has suffered years of neglect. Many. Many. Years. He had 2 sword hilts that looked ancient hanging from his side and little else on his person.

"I will help in whatever way I can." Was all he said, and with that he joined the cause, he had found...purpose.

GanonBoar
2015-12-09, 12:13 PM
'I'll help. Can't have evil taking over my tribe. My sword and my spells are yours to command. Well, not literally. But up to a point.'

Ellowryn
2015-12-09, 02:17 PM
Sitting quietly in the back corner, Dorn raises his voice just enough to be heard. A smile on his face.

Of course i would love to help in any way i can, this is a threat for all of us.

2015-12-12, 03:23 PM
"Alright then. I've spent some time gathering information on the various generals. Tracking troop movements, looking through old records..determining which general we would face, and where we would face them, will make a significant difference in how we wish to approach the situation. Unfortunately, my information isn't quite complete enough to determine everything; perhaps some of you have some knowledge as well...or know where to find it."

The lot of spend a few hours pouring over notes, recalling bits of news you've heard, or seeking out sources of information elsewhere in Sharn.

Alright, we're gonna have a skill challenge leading up to a logic puzzle. The skill challenge is over when all the clues are collected, but the more checks that takes, the further behind you'll be for the actual war. The liches operate on an existing schedule, and events will progress in a certain way unless you throw a wrench in the works in time to cause problems.

The automatic skills that will work are Arcana, History, and Investigation; other skills can work if you can convince me it's appropriate, though. Each successful check collects a clue, on top of the base clues Amber has collected; each failure takes away from your prep time before events start advancing for the liches; if failures advance the time beyond the start of the war, you can choose to continue collecting clues (eating into your time while the liches attack), or go to war with less-than-full information.

EDIT: Amber has 3 clues, and there are 10 total. Clues collected are revealed once you decide to stop.

JNAProductions
2015-12-12, 05:19 PM
Jennifer tries asking around the town, seeing what the various people around know.

Persausion [roll0]

Ellowryn
2015-12-12, 06:47 PM
Dorn will throw his lot in with those pouring over the notes and also adding in the bits of knowledge brought in by those that checked elsewhere.

Investigation, cause honestly what you described is what is written under the skill. Well, that and im better at getting the information from others who have done the hard work. :smalltongue:

[roll0] minimum 20 due to Reliable Talent

Heartspan
2015-12-12, 11:24 PM
After introducing himself to potential teammates, Asgore retreats to his room to think in peace.[roll0]

Majin
2015-12-13, 04:12 AM
Gray goes asking around the town as well...

...Batman style
Intimidation: [roll0]

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/batman/images/9/9d/Arkhamcity121.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120120013746

GanonBoar
2015-12-13, 04:15 AM
Realian looks around, looking for anything magicky.
[roll0]

Lioslaith
2015-12-13, 08:10 AM
Jhaedys stands quietly watching the group, standing as still as only the dead can. Gathering intelligence was certainly not his best trait. He would wait for a target rather than hinder the efforts of those more suited to the task.

Irish Musician
2015-12-13, 05:21 PM
Ivan "Deathsbane" Thuglinun (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=632476), Cleric of Pelor and Warrior of the Tribe of the Light

Ivan thinks back to his training as a warrior, and wonders if he can predict the generals' moves. He touches his head with a finger, his divine powers helping his memory.

Insight [roll0] with Guidance added on! [roll1]

Lioslaith
2015-12-14, 07:34 AM
Something shoots through Jhaedys's mind as he remembers his time with the Ghost Slayers order and he tries to recall some information about the generals.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lioslaith
2015-12-18, 07:27 AM
Jhaedys has watched the group long enough, he clears his throat to garner a bit of attention, "Each of us have answered the call to arms and so the reason why is clear. What we are set out to determine now is the how. I believe it is safe to say that no one brings an army with them to this fight and so we are to form a smaller more elite squad to try and guerrilla fight our way to each of these generals, if I have the gist of it. I propose we make our way around the room and divulge what it is we each bring to this fight. My name is Jhaedys Khar and personally I bring the full weight of the Order of the Fading Dream, which sounds good until you realize there are so few of us left. In lay terms, I am a ghost slayer and little else. Ms. Mclain is known to our order but the rest of you are mostly strangers to me." With that he steps back from the research table and awaits everyone's response.

Majin
2015-12-18, 07:51 AM
"Name's Goodman Gray, though just call me Gray. What I bring, well, I have an assortment of spells, I'm pretty sneaky and", Gray's face rippled and took Jennifer's appearance, "I can disguise myself pretty well", she said smiling and changed back. "Beasts aren't a problem either".

Lioslaith
2015-12-18, 07:58 AM
Jhaedys nods to Gray, a slight smile crossing his features quickly.