PDA

View Full Version : [5e] Zman's Heros for Hire IC I

Pages : [1] 2

Zman
2015-12-08, 11:51 PM
Thentia-City

On the seventh day of the third tenday of Tarsakh, morning dew glistened along the grass. The snow had only been gone a score of days, and the season of Greengrass was almost upon the lands of the Moon Sea and the moorlands of Thar. The wise woman have called it an early spring, but warn of storms on the horizon...

As the sun climbs in the horizon over the great bustling markets of Thentia whose merchants and live by the motto "Anything for a Price" you find yourself amid the hustle and bustle of the masses. Merchants of different ages, ethnicities and obvious places of origin littler the bazaar. The ports are open and the ships from Mulmaster, Phlan, and even Zentil Keep accross the Moonsea are rolling in and just as many ships are leaving. The Merchant Lords of Thentai's purses fatten as you walk down the Bazaar.

Rumors are passing around you about a mile a minute, Orc tribes across Thar have been growing bolder even raiding small towns to the East near Hulburg and Glister, Ogre tribes have stopped fighting among themselves, and anywhere there is strife bandits make home as the roads grow ever more treacherous. Some fear monger ears among the group claim they've found Vorbyx's Hammer and are going to resurrect the ancient Thar empire. Others say it's just unease, every generation has a story about the orcs and ogres.

The word is Glister is paying good coin to bolster their ranks with mercenaries and Spellsword's and wrestle control of the area. Those stories are immediately followed about the mad Lord Beldoran of Glister hidden away in his keep.

A group of three, a lithe half elf with a silver smile, a tall strong woman of unmistakable presence, and a broad strong Half Orc catch sight of a pair of Wood Elves, one male the other female...

IC I Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?471553-5e-Zman-s-Heros-for-Hire-IC-I)
OOC I Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?471367-5e-Zman-s-Heroes-for-Hire-OOC-I)

History Check
DC10: The region of Thar was long ago an Ogre/Orc Empire.
DC15: The empire was led by a cunning and ruthless Ogre named Vorbyx who wielded a legendary Warhammer.
DC20: It is said that Vorbyx's Hammer was a gift of the gods and granted Vorbyx the cunning to amass an empire. When he lost the hammer he lost hold of his empire which was eventually overtaken and shattered by the invading humans.

Common Knowledge
Glister and Hulburg were at war a generation ago, but Lord Beldoran and the Lord Hulmaster have held the piece for over twenty years by fostering trade. Glister's metals, gems, and raw materials for Hulburg's grains and seafood.

Townopolis
2015-12-09, 02:05 AM
Ercard

Upon returning to his companions, the raven-haired bard hands each a piece of something breaded, baked, and seared on a stick. The third stick is kept for himself, and he takes an exploratory bite. For a moment, the gossip of the crowd washes over him and his companions, and then he is finished chewing and resumes talking.

"So my point is this. Most bandits--I mean most new bandits--are just people who've deserted a fighting force or had their livelihoods taken away, right? I mean that you have your career ruffians, of course, but when a crisis strikes and banditry goes on the rise, it's desperate folks, not evildoers. So we have all these bandits, and they used to be farmers or guards or whatever."

Another bite of his bready, greasy, "food"-on-a-stick gives him time to think and his companions time to digest what he's indubitably about to propose.

"Point is, Hulburg is going to be missing farmers and lousy with brigands. That's bad for trade two ways, which means the whole Hulburg-Glister situation is going to be worrying the Hulmaster on top of ogres. So we head east along the coast--sea or land doesn't matter--and then start going through villages and towns until we find where the raiding is heavy, right? And then we find out what's been going on to make bandits. It probably is orcs and ogres. That's precisely the sort of thing that would upset the countryside like that. So we start smashing orc and ogre heads."

Bite.

"Because, see, most of these men are just in a desperate situation. If we can make their situation less desperate--if we provide a light to rally to--they'll..."

Another bite and some slow chewing gives Ercard time to think of where he's going with this.

"... well, some of them will rally to our banner. Then we have a little contingent of locals who know the area, and we can roam up and down the countryside smashing more orc and ogre heads, stabilizing the region and making such a racket that the Hulmaster won't be able to NOT reward us... Okay, it isn't a perfect plan, but Pau'la gets to be a hero, and Zaar gets the pay and the fighting except the orcs come to us and we set the ambushes."

And, with his piece finally said, Ercard takes the opportunity to chew through the rest of his snack while his companions respond.

[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-09, 09:26 AM
Zaar

Taking the seared meet with what amounted to a smile, well more of a slight upward movement of the corners of his mouth he takes it and rips into it, rips is an adequate turn of phrase as his canines were clearly meant for tearing into flesh as he listens to Ercard... Well listens as much as any other time, the man is always talking, always planning, which didn't bother Zaar much... Ercard was good people and that was a rare quality.

After devouring his food and glancing around to see if Ercard hid a fourth from him, "Aye, who doesn't like a good Orc killing, just don't get any ideas about adding my head to the pile.". There is a mix of sarcasm and vitriol in his words. Despite being half kin, Zaar held no sympathy or love for his fathers kind. "Sounds like we may even get Glister to pay us for the effort on top. I mean, noble intentions are well and good, but coin puts food on our plates, mead in our mugs, and women in our beds. Hard to argue with coin."

Zaar take one of his daggers from one of his chest sheath and begins picking at his teeth.

To anyone looking on, Zaar would make most uneasy. Though somewhat favoring his mother's kin, there was no mistaking his lineage. His hair was black as night, his eyes a burnt reddish brown, and he possessed a size that few men could match. Among the mostly human population outsiders were rare, among the humans with Orc troubles a Halfbreed was even rarer yet.

Zaar always felt a kindred spirit to Ercard, he was a halfbreed too, albeit a more acceptable union. He too straddled two worlds...

Ercard's friend.... The lass... Well she was a recent acquaintance... But, Ercard vouched for her and that's was enough for Zaar.

Zaar has two daggers in chest sheaths, one left and right. He has two more daggers in thigh sheaths. STwo Shortswords at his hips. Two Longswords crossing his back along with a Long Bow, Quiver, and a shield for good measure just in case. He is wearing a Chain shirt and darker cloak over the back.

He is 6'2", 250lbs, with black hair, burnt brown eyes, and has slightly longer and shaper canines.

Townopolis
2015-12-09, 09:07 PM
Ercard

Ercard snorts in response to Zaar's joke--as if there was any danger of him or Pau'la trying to seize the half-orc's head. Then he cast a curious glance in Pau'la's direction. The girl he remembered had been idealistic and sympathetic towards all, not to mention a devout Lathanderite, but that had been years ago. At least the Lathanderite part hadn't changed, and she seemed to be the same woman he knew. Time would tell.

He continued chewing through the silence the followed.

When he was finished, he cleared his throat and said "Thoughts, Lady Trista? It'll be several weeks of roughing it around the wilds and moors, but it's for a good cause! And coin, but it's good to have both!"

With the noisy hubbub of the bazaar around them, Ercard isn't especially quiet. He isn't quite yelling, but his planning isn't private either.

ncpunkin
2015-12-09, 09:08 PM
Luna Shadowstep (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=637943)

Luna stood with Phynn , he hadn't steered her wrong yet. [Elvish]"They seem likely to help curb the threat the ogres and orcs pose." She pretended not to watch them devour their food, but a tinge of hunger hit her. [Elvish]"I think the vulgar one just noticed us." She paced around to stand on the other side of Phynn. The city's hustle and bustle caused her to be uneasy. There are so many people.

The wood elf turned her thoughts to the conversation she had strained to hear, Their plan is brash and I am sure Phynn is already formulating. She looked over to Phynn as he stood beside her, "They will need a guide if their plan has even a chance of success." She grinned at the thought of being post humorously rewarded. It seemed very optimistic at best.

Luna's attention turned back to the armed group amid the rabble [Elvish]"I wonder if they realize we have been following them for two days?"

Fishybugs
2015-12-09, 09:32 PM
Phynn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=611214)

Phynn smiled at Luna, noticing her nervousness in the city. While not completely comfortable himself, Phynn had at least spent time in some real cities when growing up, and was used to the huge amounts of people. (Elvish)"They do look competent, and look comfortable with each other, as friends do." Phynn pauses a moment before continuing, thinking of his words carefully. (Elvish) Luna, these people may serve a couple purposes for us. It sounds as if the area may be a little more dangerous than usual. Extra swords may come in handy. Also...their plan isn't totally horrible. I could use some more coin before we continue on."

Phynn leads Luna over to the group of friends. ""Hello. My name is Phynn. This is my friend Luna. We couldn't help overhearing your plan. We were thinking...well, we thought maybe you may want someone that knows the area, the dangers."

Estralita
2015-12-10, 01:21 AM
Pau'la had been taking in the village with interest. Aside from being able to do good deeds and spread the word of Lathander, being able to travel to different places was her favorite part of being an adventurer. Father had never been one to travel, and there were just so many things to see in a market like this. She was so engrossed, she intially missed that her traveling companion was talking. But she picked up enough get the gist.

Slightly embarrassed, she tried to answer. "Yes, getting paid to do what is right is a nice bonus, but not the main focus of our plans. The true reward is helping these people, and potentially spreading Lathander's word."Pau'la thought for a moment how Lathander had given her father how, and wondered if he could do the same for these people. Then she realized something else that was wrong that need fixing. Something important.

"And for the last time, my name is Pau'la! We're adventuring partners now. That means we're equals!"

Townopolis
2015-12-10, 03:48 AM
Ercard

Ercard let a warm smile play across his face at Pau'la's protestations. "Of course, forgi-" but his response was interrupted by the arrival of another, or rather two others.

The bard turned stopped walking and turned to Phynn when the elf introduced himself and his companion. For a moment, Ercard stood with a slightly bready stick in his hand and an expression of mixed surprise and curiosity on his face. Then his face broke into a broad grin and he extended his stickless hand toward Phynn.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Phynn. I am Ercard, bard," he says, punctuating the declaration by waving his stick over his shoulder at the suspiciously lute-shaped parcel slung over his back, "And these are my friends, Four-Swords and Pau'la." Zaar and Pau'la get vague pointing with the stick as well.

"So. You were listening? I didn't know I had an audience" he continues, then pauses to look Phynn and Luna over. As he does so, the two elves will likewise be able to get a good look at him. A few inches shorter than even Luna, the raven-haired halfbreed is neatly groomed and clean-shaven. His posture is easy, relaxed, and his body language shows no sign of malice or suspicion. That said, he is still clearly attired for travel and conflict. He wears a plain brown brigantine jack over a simple tunic that, once, was probably cream-colored and is now mostly a mottled road color. Dull gray leggings tuck into a pair of study leather boots. Each boot, incidentally, is probably worth more than the rest of his clothing combined minus the armor. Over all this, a weathered tartan hangs from his waist and over his shoulder. A plain brooch holds the the tartan in place at his shoulder, and a strong belt holds everything snug around his waist. Finally, a plethora of pouches and weapons hang from his belt. Two short swords, a long dagger, and a crossbow and its bolts make up the armament in total, and none of them look new. He smiles.

"Well, it's always nice to meet new folks. You said you knew someone familiar with the Hulburg region?"

Zman
2015-12-10, 07:37 AM
Zaar

Zaar nods in greeting, "Four swords ehh? But, sometimes I get mad and throw one of them at my enemies, then I'm only three swords. But, you can call me Zaar" Zaar chuckles at the familiar name.

He attempts a smile, but it's toothy, and those teeth are sharp, few would see mirth, most would see a snarl.

Fishybugs
2015-12-10, 10:37 AM

Phynn obviously relaxes at the warm response to his greeting. "No, I don't know someone familiar with the area. We are the ones familiar with the area. We've been travelling around the area for a while now. As you say, there is more danger out there that needs some culling. We could be of use to you in that."

Zman
2015-12-10, 01:27 PM
Zaar

Zaar gives a bit of a chuckle, "Just when I thought half a pointy ear was enough!" Zaar looks the two thin Elves over apparently unimpresed by their physical prowess.... Maybe they are more capable than they look...

With a glance towards Ercard and Pau'la, "We were discussing heading east, rumor has Glister will pay gold for mercenary work, are you headed east as well?"

ncpunkin
2015-12-10, 03:28 PM
Luna Shadowstep (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=637943)

Luna's senses were studying the features, gear, appearance, voice, everything about the Ercard, Pau'la and Zaar. She didn't say a word, but just analytically stared for several moments. Luna remained seemingly aloof as Phynn introduced them, but her attention was razer sharp.

She looked at Ercard as he introduced his group. These three were the most impressive warriors she had seen in sometime, but money could buy all sorts of weapons and armor. Ercard was clearly the talker among the group, but Luna looked past him to his compatriots. Her attention was focused on Pau'la as she spoke, A Devotee of Lathander?!. She nodded slightly at the woman's words. They were genuine and it was clear she lived for the morning God, a wonderful sign.

Her attention went to the half-orc as she noticed him gauge her. His words made her head turn slightly as if to question his motives, but she was learning that coinage was a requirement in society. His taunts made no impression on her, she had been called worse. No longer in the woods, but you can still smile...smile. She smiled at the half-orc, "We may have use of some coinage, but I typically let Phynn negotiate the terms."

Townopolis
2015-12-10, 04:25 PM
Ercard

"Ahh, mercenaries," says Ercard, still smiling, then hastily amends "fellow mercenaries. Well, if you're looking to combine arms, I must warn you, the coin we're after likely won't come for a while. Until it does..." he trails off and takes second looks at Phynn and Luna.

"Well, I'm just now thinking you might just the sort of allies we need." He flashes his winning smile at the two elves again, then turns his attention briefly to his own companions.

"What do you think of traveling together? Yay or nay?"

Estralita
2015-12-10, 05:59 PM
Pau'la briefly hesitated upon hearing the word mercenaries.Those who took money to fight- wasn't that too close to assassins and thugs? But Ercard seemed to think this was on the level, and if this was a bad situation, then it was her duty to stop it. Either way, the best way forwards would be to go along.

Pau'la smiled happily. "Sounds good to me!"

Fishybugs
2015-12-10, 08:01 PM

Phynn hesitates a moment, then looks at Luna. (Elven) They mistake us for sellswords. I'm not sure where I went wrong. He then turns back to the bard, who appears to be the leader of the group of friends.

"I'm sorry, I seem to have miscommunicated. We don't typically make a living by collecting bounties. We are travellers, moving around a lot. It's more expensive to do so in the cities, and we do need to earn some if we mean to eventually continue on our own journey."

The smell of the market made Phynn's stomach grumble, and he glanced toward one of the vendors. Maybe hunting tonight if we can't find some way to earn coin, he thought. We have a ways to go on what we have left.

Zman
2015-12-10, 08:58 PM
Zaar

Seeing Pau'la and the elves uncomfortable with the mention of mercenary work, Zaar attempts to be charismatic, "Don't think of it as mercenary work, think of it as being a Hero for Hire. Your intentions are what matter.". After a moment's pause Zaar gives a toothy grin, "And I intend to help as many as people as I can for as much coin as I can.", followed by a hearty chuckle.

ncpunkin
2015-12-10, 11:18 PM
Luna shifts her gaze slowly around the market. There are a lot of people around, but she scans slowly. She looks towards alleys, faces in crowds, and shadowy market stands. Looking for anyone watching them or anything out of the ordinary. "Our intentions seem to align at least to some degree." She felt her stomach growl as she blushed, [Elvish]"Phynn, We haven't eaten all day. Can we go...to our camp?" She glances at the half-elf expecting him to understand, but willing to trust.

[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-10, 11:43 PM
As Luna looks around she merchants going about their business, some loading wagons, others selling wares. Nothing out of the ordinary.

She does notice a group of men on horseback leaving through the East gate. She also spots an aging pot bellied man readying a wagon, tending to two draft horses, one of which is an old grey mare you hear him refer to as "Bessy". It looks like he is preparing to leave the city and is some kind of linen merchant..

Luna also notices a much finer carriage readying to depart the city. Four well armed guards in well kept breastplate are seeing to the horses as a finely dressed young noble woman and her handmaiden.

FYI it is mid to late morning.

As far as I can tell no one owns a horse in the group so you'll be hoofing it or hitching a ride.

I used your Passive Perception as it was higher and these are things you'd notice.

Townopolis
2015-12-11, 02:19 AM
Ercard

The expression on the bard's face moves from surprise to concern to curiosity and finally to a sort of bland neutrality. "I see" he says and is silent a moment. Then Luna's stomach growls, and Ercard stands up to look around. Unfortunately, all he can see is the crowd.

"Zaar, can you find us an inn? We should all get some second breakfast in our stomachs."

Then, with a look at Luna, he says "Come. We'll begin our acquaintance properly, and I'll trade you a feast for a tale."

Zman
2015-12-11, 09:01 AM
Zaar

Zaar keeps his nose open as he looks around, "Looks like he Drunken Pearl over there may have something edible, or we can head towards the city proper.". Zaar motions off to the east near the gate to a shoddy looking inn which is where the linen merchant is readying his wagon having likely been a patron.

Fishybugs
2015-12-11, 10:22 AM
Phynn

Phynn looks to Luna and c0cks an eyebrow questioningly. Knowing her dislike of large groups of people, he'll follow her lead on this one.

ncpunkin
2015-12-11, 04:31 PM
Luna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=637943)

Luna looks towards the shoddy inn for a moment and nods, [Elvish]"Lets talk in there. I forgot to pick up a resupply of bandages and he has linen." The wood elf would smile and turn to the other group, "I would like that Ercard, but I'll let Phynn do most of the talking." She would start walking towards where Zaar had pointed.

Luna came beside the trader and spoke, "Hello, are you a linen merchant? I need cotton and linen if you don't mind." Luna would take care of the business she needed handing the man 2 gold and 5 silver for the material, "Thank you, Can you tell me something. How dangerous has the rode been for merchants lately?" She made small talk as they concluded business, but was really seeking information.

Zman
2015-12-11, 05:22 PM
Myrl- Linen Merchant

The again potbellied man didn't notice Luna until she was quite close. When he did he jumped with a little start, wincing as he stepped, "Oww, didn't see you there, lass." When he notices Luna's concern about his pain, "Don't fret, gout is just acting up."

When Luna asks him about purchasing some linen and the safety of the road, "Sure, but we best be quick about it..." he groans as he crawls into the back of the covered wagon, "actually, that's why I"m rushing to get on the road right now. I figure if I can keep within earshot of that carriage, it'll be a lot safer trip, the roads aren't what they used to be and its an aweful lot of coin for hired protection, linen doesn't sell that well.... but I'm not sure Ole' Bessy will be able to keep up." he motions in the general direction of the heavily armed carriage that was getting ready to leave the city and you notice the affection for his old mare, they must have seen many season on the road together.

You are able to buy your supplies.

Townopolis
2015-12-11, 05:48 PM
Ercard

Ercard's mouth opens to say something when the only inn Zaar can find is a seedy dive at the edge of town, but he closes it and nods when the elves decide they'd rather not head further into the city. When Luna strikes out, he follows.

He almost walks right past when Luna stops at the linen merchant's cart, but catches himself and turns around in time to catch the conversation. For a moment, he seems pensive, but it mostly passes as he waits for Luna to finish her business. When that business is concluded, however, Ercard speaks up.

"You're right, there's little chance of keeping up with a rich carriage like that, but you wouldn't be headed toward Hulburg or Glister, would you? If you are, how would you like to hire your own protection for the price of six meals and letting some of us ride the cart here and there?"

Zman
2015-12-11, 07:38 PM
Myrl-Linen Merchant

Looking to the half elf, Myrl responds with slight smile, "About the only places the East gate does. Heading east, and going north at the fork for a stop on Gordondale before making way to Glister."

Myrl seems to ponder the question, "Well, that is an awefully fair price, I can't hardly pass it up." Hesitating for a second, "How do I know you aren't bandits that are going to rob me blind a soon as Thentia is out of sight?"

You can check the linked maps in the OOC or first post to see where Gordondale is.

Estralita
2015-12-11, 08:43 PM
Pau'la was usually content to let Ercard take the lead in negotiations, but this time was different. She stepped forwards her emblem and holy symbol clearly visible she also pulled her family ring out of a small pouch on her belt "I swear on my honor as both a Devoted Paladin of Lathander as Lady Pau'la Trista of House Trista I will do everything in my power to keep you, your money, and your merchandise safe and untouched by any miscreants."

Would a Persuasion check be necessary? I don't think so, but...

ncpunkin
2015-12-11, 08:46 PM

Luna looks up to Ercard and a true smile flashes momentarily, "I'll return I need to fetch some oil." Luna checks a few stalls for a sturdy flask of oil and a healing potion among the stalls. She returns quickly enough to hear the exchange turn to the insulting. "and some of us are defenders of nature." Her annoyance may have shown through, but she was not used to be called a bandit.

The remark from Pau'la kept her from continuing on.

50 gp and 1 sp

Zman
2015-12-11, 09:45 PM
Myrl

Myrl is slightly taken aback by the strong response, "My pardons milady, Lathander's folk are good and honorable, I trust ya.". Myrl looks beyond Luna, Paula, and Ercard, "And who are the rest of your companions?" he eyes the half Orc suspiciously.

No check necessary

Fishybugs
2015-12-11, 10:02 PM

I am Phynn, good sir. Servant of Rillifane Rallathil, wanderer, and companion of Lady Luna. We have but recently come to town, and look to continue moving along in the company of our new friends. We would be pleased to help you reach your destination."

He pauses for a moment as if he's done, then adds. He did mention in exchange for a few meals, right?

Zman
2015-12-11, 10:34 PM
Zaar

Meeting the merchant's gaze, "Zaar, you've got little to fear from me, unlike anyone that wishes you harm." Zaar's lips turn into a somewhat smile.

Myrl

The pot bellied man shifts how weights, obviously uncomfortable standing too long, "Pleased to meet you.". When reminded about the hot meal, "Best make our way inside, I smelt some fresh side pork and gristle.". Myrl motions the group inside for the agreed upon meal...

Anyone that is paying attention sees the carriage get under way.

You can RP with Myrl for a while, or we can fast forward a bit.

Townopolis
2015-12-12, 05:09 AM
Ercard

The bard lets the merchant lead the way and decide upon the meals he is willing to pay for, or at least he doesn't interject on his own behalf. Once everyone is seated and the elves have some food in them, however, Ercard gets down to his business.

"So, Phynn, was it? You say the pair of you are travelers? If I heard right, you're just looking for enough to furnish yourselves with fresh supplies. Please forgive my misplaced words earlier, I leapt to a common answer before I'd heard your story." He glances in Zaar's direction before continuing "I should know better than that, with the things Zaar and I have been mistaken for. Why, there was one time..."

And he launches into a story, a short one about the time a merchant approached Zaar and tried to commission an assassination from him within seconds of seeing the half-orc. In the end, the merchant gets a rude awakening, but Zaar is unable to prove he tried to to hire a hit, and the guard refuses to take action on a half-orc's words. Ercard doesn't spend too much time on the story, keeping it short and sweet.

"And now we're here," he concludes, "Two friends, now three with the addition of Lady Pau'la--childhood friend of mine--just out to make our own way and keep to the light."

He takes a drink before really turning to his point. "But you're more than just that, aren't you?" he says to Phynn and Luna. "You're coming from somewhere. Going somewhere else."

Although it isn't quite phrased as a question, it is a hook. From the story he tells to the questions he leaves unasked, he's trying to tease out Phynn and Luna's story and what quest they find themselves short on coin for.

Zman
2015-12-12, 10:55 AM
Myrl

Myrl seems delighted with his new found company, as he orders up a round side pork, a hearty loaf, and nigh a pound of butter. "I hope this meal will be payment enough." as he laughs.

Zaar

Zaar gives a hearty chuckle that sounds like grinding gravel, "Let's not forget that time the Nobleman tried to proposition you!. Zaar laugh deepens, "And thanks to the wine he only thought your objects were over the amount of coin!"

Zaar and Ercard had been companions for some time, he recognized the inquiry and awaited their reply with some small amount of interest. Such things were of much greater concern to men like Ercard.

ncpunkin
2015-12-12, 12:01 PM
Luna

Luna eats little of the meat, but digs through the bread and butter a bit, This is very delightful. She thinks about the inn with a smile. The few people in the inn made things much more pleasant for Luna. The wood-elf listens to Ercard with rapt attention. She loved a good story and wondered if he had his tales memorized or just jumped from thought to thought. Her own thoughts began to drift off as she had hoped Phynn would handle Ercard's questions. She in turn took focus on the inn keeper, she suddenly moved away from the group, hoping to draw less attention while they are talking. "Hello Inn-keep, I want to know your drinks on tap. Do you have mead or anything spicy?"

Luna would order a round of mead for the party, returning with a large gallon and several mugs, [Elvish]"Drinks friends." She said and poured each a glass, before settling back beside Phynn.

Zman
2015-12-12, 12:49 PM
The bar has two brews, neither of any note, but they'll do the job.

Myrl

As Luna brigs the mead, "Thank you lass, some mead always makes the road a little easier.". He chuckles.

Fishybugs
2015-12-12, 01:35 PM
Phynn listens intently as Ercard relates his story, and smiles at Luna and nods his head in thanks as she pours his drink and sits back down. (Elven)"Thank you, Luna."

Phynn takes a sip of the drink as he gathers his thoughts, then begins. "Well, our story isn't quite as interesting, really. We met through a mutual friend who knew we were travelling in the same direction. We've known each other only a few weeks...maybe a few months now I guess?" He hesitates a moment, as if contemplating how much he wants to share with practical strangers and wondering how much of her own story Luna really wants told, at least as much of her story as he knew.

"I'm looking for clues to help me find a lost family member. I was headed this way when Luna and I found each other, and she is helping me. We have run into some goblins and orcs destroying villages and natural habitats...helped to run them off a few times. I believe our purposes would align well if we travelled together. This bread is quite good, thank you," he says to Myrl as he concludes.

Townopolis
2015-12-12, 02:17 PM
Ercard

When Luna returns with mead, Ercard thanks her with a smile and begins pouring mugs for everyone. And when it is clear that Phynn has finished his tale, the bard raises his mug to the air and offers a toast "A noble endeavor, you're on. Let us drink to great success when you're journey ends."

He raises his mug and drinks a long gulp from it, then adds "And to a new one soon after, always."

That's all I wanted to do here, so ready to move on when everyone else is.

Zman
2015-12-12, 02:52 PM
Zaar

Zaar raises his mug as well, "I too have a family I'd like to find, but it's a reunion he'd dread." he is somber and there is vitriol in his voice...

Myrl

When he meal and mead are done maybe an hour has passed before the group makes their way towards Myrl's wagon. The pot bellied man with frying hair pats Bessy on the rump lovingly before turning to the group, "We'd best be off, only room for one up front next to me, the rest of you are welcome to ride in the back and make yourselves comfortable."

Who is riding up front, who is riding in back, anyone deciding to just walk?

ncpunkin
2015-12-12, 05:42 PM

Luna would help stow any gear, before she slips up beside Myrl and smiles. Luna's attitude would shift ever upward as they made their way out of town. Happy to be outside of civilization, despite yearning it sometimes, she still loved nature. Soon she is in good enough spirits to ask, "Do you come this way very often, Mr. Myrl?" She sat with her bow beside her, intent on letting the others keep watch. Luna would let him answer and follow up in her lyrical tone "You said you were concerned with the roads. Have they not always been dangerous?"

Zman
2015-12-12, 10:15 PM
Wagon east of Thentia

Myrl

The laden wagon is underway, it is quite slow going for the aging grey mare and young chestnut. On every rotation of the right rear wheel the wagon jostled, the wheel slitly out of balance. Myrl had been overly hopeful when he had thought that he'd be able to keep up with the carriage, his laden wagon was going nowhere fast.

Myrl looks at Luna, "Aye I do, I make a grand loop from Phlan along the northern Moonsea east to the Galena Mountagains and back West north of the Dragonspine and back. I'll unlock most of my linens in Glister and buy some material, as much as I can carry."

When asked about the dangers of the road, "I've been making the trip for nigh on thirty years, and my father did before me. Roads haven't been this dangerous since before my time, when Glister and Hulburg were at war. Father said it was a bloody time, good coin in bringing food to Glister in those days, they can't grow much of their own. I've settled for linens for the most part, most bandits are too lazy if they know the wares, but with the Orc trouble and increased banditry, they aren't as safe as I'd like.". After a short pause, "I'm certainly glad for the company and the protection. Guards are costly and I'd like to retire in a few seasons."

We can add a bit more RP, then we'll move forward, I'll make it a two and two walking guard between Phynn, Pau'la, Ercard, and Zaar.

ncpunkin
2015-12-12, 11:34 PM

Luna nods and smiles as she listens to the old merchant's tale, A few more seasons is about all he has left., "We will do our best to make sure this leg of your trip is safe, Mr Myrl." Luna pulls out her flute and begins to practice with a soft melody that carries to the group. The thoughts of Orcs troubled her, but not enough to drench her spirits and she had hoped to pass her optimism for the day to everyone. Though her bow remained against her left leg, just in case.

Zman
2015-12-13, 01:16 AM
East of Thentia-Coast Road

As the wagon lumbers on, the hours begin to drift by, and the wagon keeps lurching in sequence with turning of the wheels. Luna still rides up front as Pau'la and Ercard are walking along side while Zaar and Phynn ride in the covered wagon....

As the wagon enters hillier country...

[roll0]

Luna Perception [roll1] Disadvatage [roll2]

Who is walking? Phynn, Pau'la, Ercard, Zaar [roll3][roll4]
Other Perceptions
Left sans modifier[roll5]
Right sans modifier[roll6]

Zman
2015-12-13, 01:28 AM
As the wagon enters Hilliard country Luna, Ercard and Paula notice a large flesh colored bolder begin to move maybe a hundred or so feet away... It's a massive humanoid nearly ten feet tall and weighing half a ton, an Ogre male.

Surprise Round
[roll0][roll1]
Zaar and Phynn didn't get Perceptions as they were in the mostly enclosed Wagon

Initiative
Ercard[roll2]
Luna[roll3]
Phynn[roll4]
Pau'la[roll5]
Zaar[roll6]

Surprise Round Initiative(Only Action or Move)
Ercard
Ogre Male
Ogre Female
Luna
Pau'la

Initiative
Ercard
Ogre Male
Zaar
Ogre Female
Luna
Myrl etc
Phynn
Pau'la

Zman
2015-12-13, 01:34 AM
Myrl Initiative [roll0]

I'll have a map up tomorrow, feel free to post OOC with questions.

Map!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1plA-vmS8gnnHM2Qy7VtG3lXZG4Bn1FcPs5cnjA7pcsc/edit?usp=sharing

Townopolis
2015-12-13, 01:12 PM
Ercard

"Ogre!" shouts Ercard from the right. As he does, he reaches to unhook his crossbow with one hand and draw a bolt with the other.

Since he can't see the FO, Ercard won't be dropping any spells just yet. Instead, he'll use his action to ready his crossbow and the free item interaction that comes with to load it.

Zman
2015-12-13, 04:07 PM
Ogre Male

The Ogre male, massive in its form stands up shadowed by a rock and draped in tanned hides from all manner of beasts. Ogres aren't intelligent, but they know enough to fashion makeshift weapons, and this Ogre has a ten foot javelin thick as a man's wrist with a sharpened tip, with little effort the Ogre launches the small tree... The massive projectile impact's Bessy behind her right shoulder, the wrist thick javelin explodes out the other side, each pump loosing her lifeblood. Her knees buckle and Bessy is dying as she hits the ground... The loss of the draft horse causes the wagon the careen to a stop, nearly throwing all on board...

Attack vs Bessy Advantage for restrained cancels Disadvantage of Range
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Everyone will have a DC 10 Acrobatics Check or be Prone at the start of their turn.

Edit: Bessy had more HP than I thought, but the Ogre Female sealed the deal. RIP Bessy, you'll be missed.

Zman
2015-12-13, 04:13 PM
Ogre Female

The grotesque and bulbous female mate, slightly smaller in stature and mass than the male launches her own makeshift weapon at the dying horse... Bessy may have survived the first, but the second wound is final as the loyal draft horse exhales a last bloody breath...

Bessy is dead.
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

Pau'la and Luna are up in the surprise round and can go in any order. Don't forget your DC 10 Acrobatics Check or be prone.

Fishybugs
2015-12-13, 04:25 PM
Acrobatics check: [roll0]

ncpunkin
2015-12-13, 04:32 PM
Dex Save [roll0]

Estralita
2015-12-13, 04:33 PM
Yay for stat penalties!
[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-13, 04:54 PM
Zaar Acrobatics[roll0]

Myrl Acrobatics[roll1]

ncpunkin
2015-12-13, 05:13 PM

Luna gasps and stands up seeing the large javelin tear into Bessy. She feels a rage bubble for the unprovoked and unneeded death of the animal who was near death already. The next moment she stands up. She puts her foot on the front of the wagon to brace, grabs an arrow from her quiver, and extends her bow as far as it could go. She releases the feathered arrow in a high arc, hoping for the shot to connect the large male who had delivered the opening blow.

I am pretty far away, but I got a max of 320
Attack : [roll0] or [roll1]
Hit : [roll2]
Crit : [roll3]

Townopolis
2015-12-13, 05:43 PM
Ercard

When the female ogre emerges, Ercard hesitates. He had been aiming a shot at the male, but the presence of a second enemy changes things. Quickly, he wets his lips and then lets out a lilting, lyrical whistle.

"♪̷̖̦̹♪̧̤̯̼̖̪̦ͅ♫̙̤̪͕ͅ♪̶̦̝♫̳͇̬͍͍̱̻͠♪♪̘̭♫͝♫̶̻̻̖̤ ͙̖̟"

A haunting, if brief, melody fills the air. But it is even more than that. It is a fey melody, and it brings a touch of the feywild with it.

Moving to 28P

Casting Faerie Fire, centered between the ogres.
Ogre Male must pass a [roll0] or grant advantage on all attacks.
Ogre Female must pass a [roll1] or grant advantage on all attacks.

Zman
2015-12-14, 09:02 AM
Luna's rapid reaction looses an arrow true to its mark as the arrow sticks going virtually unnoticed by the massive brute...

Pau'la

Pau'a readies her glaive as she moves to the front of the chestnut horse.

Pau'la's surprise round action NPCed due to 12 hour rule.

Zman
2015-12-14, 09:14 AM
Ogre Male

The massive brute lumbers forward, a massive gnarled club in his hand as he approaches and engages Ercard...

Move/Dash

Check the map, there are tabs on the bottom for rounds.

Zman
2015-12-14, 09:27 AM
Zaar

Startled and hearing his friend's call of warning, Zaar jumps out of the wagon drawing one of his Shortswords... As he round the corner of the wagon and sees the massive Ogre bearing down upon his friend, Zaar cries out, his blood boiling, "Gethe nine hells outta there!"

Zaar enters Rage, Move/Dash, and draws a Shortsword as part of a weapon interaction.

Ogre Female

The nigh equally large femlae comes lumbering down the hill, a veritable small tree held in hand as she closes on Zaar...

Move/Dash

Myrl

Seeing his beloved Bessy fall, Myrl jumps off the front of his wagon, a wince of pain as he lands on the ground. He does what he can as he tries to save the his lost, "No, no, no!"

Initiative
Ercard
Ogre Male
Zaar
Ogre Female
Luna, Myrl, Phynn, Pau'la

Block initiative, Luna, Ohynn, and Pau'la in any order. Check the map, it has updated tabs for every round of combat.

Fishybugs
2015-12-14, 12:11 PM

Phynn hears the disturbance, some crashing, and the cart lurch to a sudden halt, followed by a cry of anguish he instantly recognizes as Luna. He jumps out of the cart as he readies his bow, moves around the side, and sees a hulking monstrosity of flesh with an arrow sticking out of it. Phynn takes aim and lets fly an arrow...

Phynn moves to O32 and fires his longbow. We have advantage on attacks due to faerie fire? If not, just use the first roll...

[roll0] or [roll1]

for [roll2] damage and [roll3] if it crits.

FOR BESSIE!!!

After he shoots, he'll use the remainder of his movement to place himself between Myrl and the ogres if possible.

NOTE: I ACCIDENTALLY HIT PREVIEW...I'LL MAKE MY ROLLS IN THE OOC THREAD

Zman
2015-12-14, 12:28 PM
Phynn manages to loose the arrow and it travels over Ercard's shoulder and into the shoulder of the male Ogre, the wound seems like little more than a flesh wound to it...

Hit for 8 Damage despite soft cover

Initiative
Ercard
Ogre Male
Zaar
Ogre Female
Myrl, Phynn, Luna, Pau'la

ncpunkin
2015-12-14, 12:31 PM

Luna, for a moment, wanted to jump up and down at hitting the far away target, [Elvish]I got him, Phynn.. Her eyes widen in fear as the large creature just takes the arrow without even a wince. She glances over to Myrl as he jumps down, "No." She quickly shoulders her bow and follows him, "You must hide. Bessy is no longer with us. She'd want you to live, Run!" Luna spins around in a flurry, her totem glows in her hand. A puff of fire emits from the tip and with a continuation of the flurry Luna throws the flame ball towards the male ogre.

Target - Male Ogre.
Attack - [roll0]
Hit - [roll1]
Crit - [roll2]

Whoohoo 1 Damage!

I wanta go to 33 P please :)

Estralita
2015-12-14, 12:54 PM
Pau'la had remained quiet through most of the introductions. She wasn't especially comfortable making small talk with people she just met. If there was something she needed to say, she'd say it. But talking for talking's sake was different. As was a battle with ogres.

Unfortunately, the ogres were attacking from the opposite side of the wagon that Pau'la was on, which made entering ther fight more difficult. But she managed to get around the wagon and join in on the brawl, setting her sights on the female or the pair.

Sorry I didn;t post earlier. Moving to 30 P, because what's the point of a weapon with reach if you don't use it sometimes?:smallwink:

Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Bonus Attack:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Townopolis
2015-12-14, 01:08 PM
Ercard

When the ogre charges, Ercard has time to flee. If he ran immediately, he could get away and hide, but he doesn't. He hesitates, waiting for something. The ogre comes nearer, and Ercard begins incanting. In fact, he is smiling at the ogre as he weaves words of magic, almost as if he were daring the brute to hit him. He is still speaking when the ogre arrives to complete its charge and brings its massive club down where the bard is standing.

"Hu͘n͞͡ ̶̨̧San̨͟͝x̨͟u̧ ̷͞Vo͠҉͞co͝ ̢͝V͠ur̛͠"

Ercard dodges, of course, lurching toward Zaar at the last moment. As he does so, his free hand reaches out, as if to steady himself, and rests momentarily on Zaar's shoulder.

His maneuver is successful. His mocking stance goads the ogre into performing a more powerful, but slower swing, which Ercard deftly sidesteps. The bard keeps moving from there, turning and rushing past Pau'la. When his hand leaves Zaar's shoulder, there is a golden, gossamer thread reaching from his hand to Zaar. As he rushes past Pau'la, his hand also brushes her, and another gossamer thread connects them as well. Then the threads disappear, and those who saw them are left wondering if they were ever there at all.

Ercard will back up to 29p, provoking an attack from the ogre.
[roll0]
If the Ogre rolls 13-15 15-17 (total), Ercard will use [roll1] to reduce his attack roll result.
I don't know how much damage their clubs do, so I'll leave that roll to Zman.

Afterward, assuming he lives, he will cast Heroism in a level 2 slot, targeting Zaar and Pau'la. Both will receive 3 temporary HP at the starts of each of their turns and are immune to fear (as long as Ercard maintains concentration).

Then Ercard will continue moving, ending up in 33o.

Zman
2015-12-14, 03:15 PM
Pau'la rounds the wagon and doesn't waste antime striking out with her glaive before immediately following it up with a deftly placed haft attack. The Ogre female become acutely aware of this new threat...

Ercard step backwords, narrowly avoiding that massive ogres club which contacts the ground where he had been just a breath before, if he hadn't snapped words of power at the Ogre, his aim may have been just a touch better...

Paula's haft attack damage should have been +3 not +5. Nice swinging!

Ogre Male is up!

Zman
2015-12-14, 03:17 PM
Ogre Male

The small man darts out of read of the Ogre and that club comes around again, this time towards the more imminent threat, Zaar....

Attacking Zar
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
Yikes, nearly a Crit! Though with Rage S/P/B Resistance and the Temp HP he takes only 2 HP of Damage.

Zman
2015-12-14, 03:20 PM
Zaar

Zaar is rocked off balance by a near miss, or maybe it was just a graze, who knows, and recklessly spins in as he draws a second shortsword from his hip attempting to hamstring the huge brute... both blades near their mark, but neither is a debilitating blow...

Main Hand vs OM [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]
Offhand vs OM [roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7]

14 Damage

Zman
2015-12-14, 03:23 PM
Ogre Female

The female Ogre, barely distinguishable from her male partner, steps forward forcing Zaar to fight on two fronts before she returns a massive strike towards her glaive wielding foe... but Pau'la turns at the last second forcing the club to mearly glance off her sturdy armor robbing the blow of its power...

Vs Paula [roll0][roll1][roll2]

Miss

Back to the Initiative
Initiative
Ercard
Ogre Male
Zaar
Ogre Female

ncpunkin
2015-12-14, 03:49 PM

Luna contemplates restraining the ogres, but decides against it. She whispers a small incantation and whips her totem in a small circle another puff of flame emerges from totem. Luna throws the flame puff like one does a bullet in a sling. This time she aims for the female Pau'la has engaged.

Target - Female
Attack - [roll0]
Hit - [roll1]
Crit - [roll2]

Zman
2015-12-14, 04:20 PM
Luna's somatic movements were a bit off and she held the spell a moment too long... it was a near miss... on the wrong Ogre... everyone always says it takes decades to master even the simplest spells...

Myrl

Realizing that his momentary lapse in judgement and grief was putting his life at risk, Myrl hastily retreats around the wagon...

Ok, Phynn, Pau'la are up.

Edit: Corrected Zaars HP, he took the 5 HP and didn't gain any Temp HP until hi sturn.

Fishybugs
2015-12-14, 04:27 PM

Phynn sees the multiple powerful attacks delivered by his friends against the male ogre and can't believe he is still standing. He knocks another arrow, aims at the male and fires...

Shortbow attack roll [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] if crit.

Zman
2015-12-14, 04:35 PM
Phynn looses his arrow and it finds its mark, this time under the short ribs of the Ogre, it bellows as the surprising pain rocks it back a step before fighting on...

Nice hit, great damage roll!

Pau'la is up!

Estralita
2015-12-14, 09:04 PM
Roll with the hits. Pau'la thoguht to herself as she dodged the woman's attack. And strike when they are off-balance.

Blah, Blah Pau'la attacks again:smallwink:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Townopolis
2015-12-14, 09:17 PM
Ercard

A spell, a narrow escape, and a hasty dash into the rear ranks puts Ercard in a relatively safe position, but he can hear his allies clashing with the ogres even as he slips past the male elf. His left leg skids on the road to absorb his momentum as he turns around. He almost drops into a kneeling position. As he turns, though, he sees Zaar and the male elf deliver blow upon blow to the ogre bull.

The bard makes a snap decision and leaps for the driving seat of the cart. His leap is graceful, and two steps are all it takes for him to be on the other side. On the other side of the cart, he pushes off with his right foot to land next to the chestnut, and this time he does drop to a low marksman's position; his left foot plants itself where it lands while his right leg sweeps around the back to rest toes-and-knee on the road. It's a crying shame that nobody can see it.

Also, he double-checks that his crossbow is loaded and then looses a bolt at the ogre bull.

Move to 31L. Figure it takes 20' to move across the 10' front of the wagon, then another 10' to get into position from there.
[roll0]
[roll1] | [roll2]

Zman
2015-12-14, 09:53 PM
Pau'la lands blow after blow as her glaive moves in rhythmic fashion, looking for her opportunity for a deathblow...

Ercard gracefully vaults over the front of the wagon and lands a well placed crossbow bolt, the male Ogre is visibly struggle and bloodied...

Ogre Male

Staggered and bloody the Ogre males viciously and reflexively strikes out at Zaar whose rage and reckless attacks leave him open to attack... But Ercards bolt lodged itself under the Ogres arm and caused his strike to be wayward leaving a dent in the ground the size of a Halfling...

[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]
Despite Flanking and Advantage he misses!

Zman
2015-12-14, 10:02 PM
Zaar

Zaar continues his whirlwind of death giving no care to his own safety so long as his blow is greater risk to his foe, Tempest would be proud! With a roar, unintelligent, Zaar strikes seeking blood... And his blade finds the side of the Ogre's knee bowing the great brute over, another backhanded spin opens the Ogre's throat as the mass of flesh collapses to the ground...

Mainhand[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]
Offhand[roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7]

The Male Ogre is down

Zman
2015-12-14, 10:07 PM
Ogre Female

Seeing her mate collapse to the ground the female loses herself in grief, using it to fuel her strikes retaliating against her foe... The massive blow rocks Pau'la, had the blow been a hair higher it would have bypassed her guard and ended the Holy Knight, but fortune favored the follower of Lathander's that day...

Vs Pau'la
[roll0][roll1][roll2]
Damn, 21 damage, ouch.

Initiative
Ercard
Ogre Male
Zaar
Ogre Female

Fishybugs
2015-12-14, 11:41 PM

Phynn sees Pau'la get hit hard and starts heading her way, shooting once at the female ogre as he approaches. He than grabs his holy symbol and mumbles a prayer to Rillifane. The holy symbol glows with green energy, then Pau'la also glows.

Attack roll [roll0] for [roll1] damage and [roll2] if crit.

Cast Healing Word as a bonus action healing [roll]d4+5 points on Pau'la unless the female ogre goes down with the shot.

EDIT: And it doesn't...

Zman
2015-12-15, 08:44 AM
The uneven terrain causes Phynn to misstep and consequently his shot is wide of its mark, his healing energies flow into Pau'la bolstering her for a continued fight...

ncpunkin
2015-12-15, 09:37 AM

Luna looks around the battlefield and sees Phynn bolster Pau'la. Luna decides to press the attack, her totem glows amber as she begins to utter another incantation. With a gesture and a flick another puff of flame comes into being and shoots down the totem's features towards the remaining ogre.

Target - Female Ogre
Attack: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

Zman
2015-12-15, 12:15 PM
As Luna releases another bolt of flame the Ogre turns and the bolt harmlessly travels past its target...

Pau'la is up.

Estralita
2015-12-15, 01:09 PM
Pau'la burned from embarrassment as the Ogre got under her guard. Fortunately, her new allies were quicker than she was to react. Pau'la threw herself into her attacks, hoping to make up for her carelessness.

Attack!Attack!Attack!

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Zman
2015-12-15, 02:56 PM
Pau'la's attacks put the Ogre on the defense, but she isn't able to land a mortal blow... The Ogre female is on the back foot and the realization of mortal peril is beginning to dawn....

Two solid hits, and Estralita not worrying about hitting by much, both are exact hits!

Initiative
Ercard
Ogre Male
Zaar
Ogre Female

Townopolis
2015-12-15, 03:21 PM
"Ercard"

The ogre bull goes down with a satisfying thud, but then Ercard witnesses the female nearly cleave Pau'la in twain, and he rushes around the horse to get a shot at her. However, before he can load another bolt, he finds himself shouting "Y̴͟o̢u͟҉r҉͘ ͏͝m̶̕҉àt̷e̷̛ ̀i̶s͞ ̛ẁ͝a͟i̡͟ti̶͟n̡̡g͡҉.̡ ͡͏J̡o̷͟҉i̡͘͞n̶̨ ͘h̵͢i̸m̶̴!̧"

Move to 30m
Casting Vicious Mockery at the Ogre female
She must pass a [roll0] or take [roll1] and have disadvantage on her next attack.

Zman
2015-12-15, 03:59 PM
As Ercard utters his incantation, the Ogre female visible winces and searing pain flashes across her mind...

Zaar

Seeing his opening Zaar turns and carelessly and holding no regard for his own safety leaps at the filthy bulbous Ogre in an attempt to land a devastating fatal blow... as he is mid air he switches his grip on both of his shortswords bringing them bowth in a downward stab, both blades enter just above the Ogre's collarbone and plunge hilt deep as Zaars weight is enough to pull and ride the now lifeless body to the ground.

The threat being over Zaar takes a moment to close his eyes savoring the adrenaline of battle as he calms his breathing and lets the blinding red rage of battlelust clear his vision... anyone looking at Zaar will see clear evidence of his tainted blood, battle is in him, part of him, and as much as he may hate his lineage it lends him strength.

Mainhand [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3] Crit!
Offhand[roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7] Hit!

Ogres are dead!

Zman
2015-12-15, 04:52 PM
Myrl

With the Ogre's felled and a moment to collect his thoughts Myrl comes limping from around the Wagon, his quick movement during the fray obviously costing him, but he doesn't seem to be registering the now passed danger or his personal ails. "Dammit Bessy, twentyfive years, twentyfive years you've been on the road with me. You lived on the road and you've died on the road." Myrl speaks softly, a tear falling down his right cheek mingling in the scruffy beginnings of a motley beard.

Townopolis
2015-12-15, 05:16 PM
Ercard

Ercard is hastily reloading his crossbow when the final foe falls, and it takes him a moment to register that the battle is over. When he finally gets it, he lets his crossbow drop to his side, which also causes the bolt to fall out, and takes a deep breath.

"There there" he says, when his nerves are calmed, and he turns to comfort and check on the nearest creature--which happens to be the standing horse. He strokes the beast on its long nose once, twice, and then thrice.

"Pau'la! Are you alright? Zaar, are you alright?" he calls out, still standing by the horse.

Fishybugs
2015-12-15, 05:59 PM

Phynn watches with awe as the half-orc launches himself into the air and brings the final opponent to a gory end. Several seconds of silence pass before Ercard's voice help him to realize the battle has ended. He re-quivers his arrow and slings the bow over his shoulder as he glances at Luna to ensure she appears okay.

Phynn kneels next to the fallen horse and utters a prayer to Rillifane Great Oak that Bessie may pass on to the afterlife and run the grasslands carefree for eternity. He then makes his way to Myrl and wraps his knee. "How are you doing, good sir? I am sorry for your loss." After tending to the knee, Phynn continues, "How will you manage? Can the chestnut pull the wagon on his own for the remainder of the journey?"

Medicine check on the knee wrap: [roll0] Don't know if it will help at all, but I've already burned one spell slot. :smalltongue:

Ha! Natural 20. He probably just had an unstable patellofemoral joint that's been bothering him and the wrap is now holding it secure. Feels better than it has in years!!

ncpunkin
2015-12-15, 06:14 PM

Luna catch Phynn's eyes, before walking over to the ogres, [E]"So massive.". Luna would walk up to where she had first seen them launch the javelin from. She hunted around trying to figure out where they came from, hoping their size might reveal what direction they came from.

Investigation? [roll0]
Perception is 5 if that is the skill.

Zman
2015-12-15, 07:11 PM
Zaar

Zaar turns when he hears his name almost as if he was looking through Ercard before his eyes with their reddish tint almost more pronounced focused on his friend, after a painfully long pause he wipes some warm blood off his brow, "Couldn't be better." his smile is sharp, his features almost ferral.

Myrl

The aging merchant thanks Phynn for examining his leg, the wrap definitely seemed to ease his pain. When asked about the wagon, "Not fast, and not with rider, but if we give it a little push up the hills we can keep her moving." Myrl hides grief with a fascade of practicality.

Na, it is an extremely tight tensor fasciae latea and illiotibial tract which has causes an excessive lateral pull on the patella and caused patellar grooving with years of use. Wrap will ease the pain but not solve the issue.

Luna isn't able to discern the direction the Ogrs came from, but from the excriment they seem to have been waiting in that particular spot for a handful of hours. When searching the remains of the Ogres she find two pouches of random baubles, some coins, and a few gems and stones. A closer look shows some of the stones aren't completely worthless, others are just rocks.

Gems, trinkets, and coins worth 11 Gold Pieces.

ncpunkin
2015-12-15, 07:42 PM

Luna returns with the coins in her hands along with the gems, "I've found their spoils. A few trinkets and some gold." She looks at Phynn and then to Myrl, [E]"I want to give it to him." She'd eventually let Phynn decide the fate of the spoils. Luna moves over to remove Bessy's harness from her body. "Zaar, please help me move Bessy to the side of the road."

"How far is it to the next stopping point? Can we make it in a couple of hours?"

Townopolis
2015-12-15, 07:49 PM
Ercard

Unable to help himself, the bard chuckles at Zaar's response. Then he remembers that there are things that must be done after a battle. He hooks his crossbow back on his belt and kneels to pick up and stow the fallen bolt. Afterward, he gives the living horse a few more reassuring pats on the nose before moving to join in the efforts to move Bessy.

"Do you think we should give her a burial? Truth be told, this might be the safest place along the road--other brigands are unlikely to be about if the spot has been claimed by those two."

Fishybugs
2015-12-15, 08:31 PM

When Luna approaches with a small handful of gems and some junk, Phynn agrees with her, (Elven)"I was thinking the same thing, to tell the truth. It's small compensation for the loss of his long time friend."

Phynn turns to Ercard on his recommendation to perform a burial. This is an excellent idea, sir bard. Thank you for thinking of it. Phynn steps to the side of the road where Luna is attempting to move Bessie and concentrates for a moment and a hole opens in the ground, the earth being displaced a few feet away.

Mold Earth to create the grave, then once she is in, cover it up again.

Zman
2015-12-15, 09:40 PM
Myrl

When the discussion turns to burying Bessy, Myrl almost tears up, "You'd do that? Tha...thank you."

Myrl joins the rest helping to drag Bessy off the road. As Phynn shapes the earth into a simple grave is is quite amazed, "Bet you never find yourself needing a shovel."

When asked about finding a place to rest Myrl responds, "We've got a couple of hours of travel and we can camp for the night at the wagon. If we pushed it tomorrow we could possible make the Rosestone Abby Inn, but with just one horse we may not be able to make it and will have to camp on the road another night before pushing towards Gordondale the following night."

Currently located below the "T" in "The Moonsea".

Fishybugs
2015-12-15, 10:03 PM
Phynn offers the found gems to Myrl. Feeling guilty about that, Phynn pulls a couple of his own gold pieces of equivalent value from his belt pouch and offers them to his friends.

Luna found a little bit up by the ogres. A few gold worth for each of us.

Estralita
2015-12-16, 01:05 AM
Once the female orc fell, Pau'la rested for a few moments in silence. You're going to have to do better than that next time She chided herself.

When the topic of a funeral came around, Pau'la looked up. "I am so sorry for your loss, sir. Would you like me to say a few words on her behalf? Lathander cares deeply about those who pass on, and those who are left behind." Pau'la's eyes darken briefly as her thoughts turn to her father. "I know not everybody worships Lathander, and I understand if the answer is no, but..."

Zman
2015-12-16, 08:46 AM
Myrl

Myrl turns to Pau'la and kindly accepts her request with a nod.

People usually have a preferred God, and Paladins and clerics heavily devote themselves to one, but often in the Forgotten Realms people will pray to odfferent drones when the need arises. Most people aren't devoted exclusively to a single God.

ncpunkin
2015-12-16, 09:30 AM
Luna

Luna nods and moves over to Myrl, "Thank you, I'll leave you to remember Bessy" She would tap Phynn and gesture towards the wagon as the burial finished. [Sylvan]"If he pets me..." Luna said softly as she looked over the colt. She smiles and pets the brave horse, "Phynn help me get set in." Luna would cast a glance at the procession and then she shifts into a Warhorse and steps around to be put into the carriage's harness.

I'll change into a Warhorse. Like the one pulling the carriage of the nobles.

http://wallpaperswa.com/thumbnails/detail/20140113/nature%20fences%20animals%20horses%20white%20horse _wallpaperswa.com_30.jpg

Fishybugs
2015-12-16, 09:45 AM
Following the ceremony and brief rest, Phynn helps get the cart hooked up to Luna and gets things re packed into the cart. He then assists Myrl up into the care and takes the seat next to him, his bow readily within reach.

Zman
2015-12-16, 10:10 AM
Myrl

Seeing Luna change into a majestic and fierce looking horse in the blink of an eye, "Well I'll be damned!". He spends a few long moments just staring and blinking, not quite believing what he just saw. Sure, magic exists, but it's awfully rare for someone like Myrl to see something like that.

Zaar

Seeing Luna change,m"Can't say I'd of expected that.". As Phynn is helping hook Luna up to the cart, a concept that was still odd, Zaar gives her a massive slap on the rump. He lets out a hearty bellow, a gravely grating laugh, "She isn't going to be happy abou that when she can speak!"

ncpunkin
2015-12-16, 10:39 AM
Luna

Luna was not thrilled and if she weren't in a harness she would have made it known more clearly. Her head shot to Phynn, Kill him! She eventually settles her anger and glares at the Half-Orc. Zaar was going to get an ear full about 'personal' boundaries after this.

Townopolis
2015-12-16, 01:05 PM
Ercard

Ercard helps as much as he can with the burial of Bessy. There isn't much he can do now, though, so mostly he stays out of the way.

When Luna shapeshifts into a horse, he is taken aback. He gives her a surprised look as she has Phynn help her into the harness. Then he shrugs. Then he facepalms when Zaar slaps her rump. "Zaar!" he protests, but doesn't get further than that before his face is buried in the palm of his hands. When he recovers, he says "I am so sorrry for him" to Luna.

As the party gets ready to get underway, Ercard takes up a position to one side of the wagon. He'll just stay on foot the rest of the way.

Zman
2015-12-16, 02:09 PM
Map updated
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByqQBH7wb0tvU3VWZnlQQlE3dDA/view?usp=sharing

Zman
2015-12-16, 03:47 PM
East of Thentia

With Luna in the harness the group gets on the road again. As they travel along the Coast Road they catch occasional glimpses of the Moonsea's cool dark waters to the SouthEast.

An hour goes by and Luna is forced to expend more of her energy maintaining the form of the Warhorse. She finds the work surprisingly hard, labor animals are trained from young to work with the Wagon, Luna having no such training finds herself often working harder than she needs to before she can find her rythem and work with her partner horse...

After a couple of hours Myrl indicates that they'd best make camp for the night, its good he does, as Luna finds it incredibly hard to continue maintaining her form...

Ok, chance for RP before making camp for the night.

Estralita
2015-12-16, 03:53 PM
Pau'la's words were heartfelt, but short. It was difficult sometimes to speak the words of Lathander for those grieving. It was one thing to know that time would heal, and new life sprung from old, but those who were less devoted tended not to understand.

ncpunkin
2015-12-16, 04:18 PM
Luna

Luna felt at first annoyed with her partner horse, he paced so slowly. She felt the urge to at least trot the wagon along. The time spent in the harness was degrading at best, but she knew her hardship would come at great benefit to time. By the second hour she was utterly tired, irritated and began to understand the burden put on the service animals, This is grueling. Bessy did this for twenty five years?!

Luna shifts out of the harness when Myrl indicates they should stop. She marches straight to Zaar, "Listen here, you savage. You'll not live to regret the next time you slap my ass!" Luna huffs and turns to Phynn as if to ask, Did we really just pick them as traveling partners? Luna would be cold to Zaar as they made camp.

Estralita
2015-12-16, 04:23 PM
Pau'la glared at Zaar."You know better." she said warningly.

Zman
2015-12-16, 05:23 PM
Zaar

Luna is furious, Zaar smiles. When she calls him a savage he merely nods his head in agreement... when she says he won't live to regret the next time he tilts his head with a doubting smirk. He contemplates a joke involving a ride but thinks better of it...

When Pau'la scolds him Zaar responds with a wink, "Of course I did milady." followed by his best and most innocent face... which to be truthful isn't much different than his normal scowl or smirk.

With a hearty deep gravely laugh, "You were furious! I bet we made a good half mile an hour better with all that anger."

Apparently you can't say co cks his head as it gets blocked as expletive.

Townopolis
2015-12-16, 06:00 PM
Ercard

When the group makes camp, the bard's first actions are to set up his own bedroll and help get the fire going, which gives the rest of the group time to chit-chat and get their own preparations out of the way. It also affords him the opportunity to listen in on said chit-chat and get a feel for how the evening is going to go. It looks about as he expected.

So his first stop is to find a spot near Luna and offer his apologies "I would like to apologize for Zaar, since he won't. And... I don't expect this to help, but it's because you're till strangers to him. Once we've been on the road together a few days, he'll stop testing your limits and respect you more." He shoots a look toward Zaar as if to assert that what he just said is true.

Then he sits by the half-orc in question. He keeps silent for a while and checks the condition of his weapons. When he does speak, he asks "Really? Was that wise? Or important in some way?"

Zman
2015-12-16, 06:08 PM
Zaar

Giving his old friend a wry smile and a nod, "I think I'm growing on them."

When Ercard gives him a disapproving glare the Half Orc pats him on the back, strictly speaking harder than necessary, but still a sign of friendship, "Oh come now, when we first met I did worse to you." With a pause, "Remember that tavern... that wench..." Zaar's laughing cuts him short, "in that storeroom..." another pause, "and I stole your clothes..." a longer and louder interruption of laughter, "and you can run across the commonroom with naught but a flower sack for decency!" and Zaar laughs till he can speak no more. When done his look momentarily softens and he gives Ercard a sign he understands.

ncpunkin
2015-12-16, 08:49 PM
Luna

Luna glares coldly at Zaar as she pulls her gear out. SHe takes a spot opposite of him the fire. She smiles to Ercard, [E]"No need to apologize on his behalf."She would glance over to Zaar, "His attempts to impress me fall flat, but they are cute." Luna shifts backwards and onto her bedroll, "I am tired, Goodnight." Her eyes close and she starts to trance.

Zman
2015-12-16, 09:15 PM
Making Camp

After a quick supper and a small fire the group settles in for the night. Both Luna and Phynn settle into trances readily while Ercard and Zaar snag a couple hours before having to wake for watch. Pau'la and Myrl get first watch...

It is still early in the year and darkness fell fast, the temperature dropped faster. Looking up you can see the clouds rolling in and blotting out the stars, there is a chance for rains...

As Pau'la and Myrl finish their watch rain drops can be felt... Be the time Zaar and Ercard are finishing their watch the heavens opened and doused the countryside in sheets of water. Everyone that can takes cover in the wagon to stay dry as the fire is doused.

Hours later the sun begins cresting the horizon barely noticeable through the clouds and hazy light rain, more like just a general condition of less dark.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zman
2015-12-17, 01:30 PM
Breaking Down Camp

The group packs up their camp and makes themselves ready to hit the road again. The rain has lightened but it looks like it'll me a wet, cool, and hazy day. Myrl mentions he hopes the roads don't soften too much...

Ok, off for another day on the road. Let me know how you are proceeding, is Luna wildshaping into a horse again? Travel 2 hours then rest? It will make better time than one horse, and without a second horse there may be a bit of pushing involved to keep a decent pace.

Townopolis
2015-12-17, 02:03 PM
Ercard

Once camp is broken, Ercard double-checks that everyone has everything, then moves to a marching position to the right of the wagon, roughly abreast of the driver's seat. He has his crossbow loaded and ready when the party sets out.

ncpunkin
2015-12-17, 02:33 PM
Luna

Luna walks over to the front of the horse and pets his mane, [E]"You'll have enough strength to carry us today." She pets along his cheek and holds his head still. Their bodies would glow green for a few moments, before Luna rubs the chestnut's ear, "That should give you the power to pull us." She continues to focus on the chestnut and moves up to sit beside Myrl. Offering him a hand up to the carriage.

Enhance Ability, I'd rather not get muddy.

Fishybugs
2015-12-17, 02:44 PM
Phynn

Phynn helps to break camp and settle the chestnut into the wagon for the morning, helping to adjust the tongue of the wagon to maximize efficiency of being pulled by just one horse. When ready to move out, he takes up a point position opposite Ercard, shortbow at the ready.

Zman
2015-12-17, 03:19 PM
Zaar

Once camp is broken and they begin to get under way, Zar gets near the rear of the Wagon, occasionally helping to push...

Coast Road-East of Thentia

The road is wet but not overly soft, the hard pack withstanding the rain so far. Occasionally the wagon has to be guided around some softer puddles and soft spots. With his new spell enhanced strength the Chestnut was able to make up for the loss of a second draft horse at least for a while...After an hour the spell's energy wanes and the pace of the wagon slows...

Maintained Normal pace for an hour, now back to slow. Is Luna Wildshaping, or are you guys moving along at a slow pace?

Townopolis
2015-12-18, 12:24 AM
Ercard

When the spell wears off, and the Chestnut slows to a trudge, Ercard gives the horse and cart a long look. Briefly, he turns his gaze to Zaar and seems to consider the half-orc carefully, but then he changes his focus to Phynn.

Slow as the cart is moving, it is easy for Ercard to jog around the back and meet up with Phynn. "We could pick up the pace, but it occurs to me that we might also seize advantage of this leisurely rate. As slow as the cart is moving now, you would have ample time to scout ahead and to the sides of our path. Perhaps you and Luna could take a side each and stay within earshot but flush the hills for more ambushes or opportunities."

He turns his head up to the sky, where the morning sun still tries to shine.

"And, as the day goes by, we could start keeping an eye out for the most defensible camping spot we can find. I don't think, even with Luna's magic giving all she's got, we'll make it to this abbey by nightfall. It'd be nice, but the way Myrl described the speed we'd need to make, I don't want to be overly hopeful."

ncpunkin
2015-12-18, 09:02 AM

Luna walks alongside the cart as the young chestnut struggles to drag the it a long. She could've helped with pulling or lending him even more strength, but it would have taxed her.

Ercard broke her out of her day dream, but when Zaar chose to take the lead instead she nods and just keeps on beside the cart. Luna looks around as they walk along the soft packed ground. She looks up at the sky, wishing for a sun break to lighten their spirits.

Zman
2015-12-18, 09:20 AM
Zaar

Zaar seems to nod in approval of the plan, havin two of them scout ahead is definitely beneficial, "I'm quieter than I look.". As Zaar prepares to scout ahead he drops off his pack off on the back of the wagon and draws two of his daggers. "You'll know if I found something by its screams." Zaar's demeanor changes as he separates from the group, almost wilder, more predatory.

Zman
2015-12-18, 09:24 AM
Coast Road

As the day gets moving, the going was slow with just he Chestnut pulling the Wagon. The rain started letting up around noon, but the sun stubbornly refused to poke out.

[roll0]

ncpunkin
2015-12-18, 12:47 PM
Luna

The weather is so dreary in the North. Luna walks around the hundredth puddle. [E]"Can we chose a location shielded by trees?" The clouds above seem to choke out any hope for sun.

Luna starts to notice the chestnut tiring, but she had a stigma about putting the harness back on.

Zman
2015-12-18, 03:33 PM
Coast Road

As the group is moving along everyone except Zar notices some shadows far up above in the sky, four large birds, nearly the size of horses are circling above...

Perception Block
Ercard [roll0] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll1]
Luna [roll2] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll3]
Phynn [roll4] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll5]
Pau'la [roll6] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll7]
Zaar [roll8] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll9]

Only Zar does not see them.

Nature
DC5 Know they are predatory birds
DC10 Know they are Giant Vultures, large predators and pick off weakened prey, sometimes known to track wounded animals for days before attacking.
DC15+ Basically know their statblock

Zman
2015-12-18, 03:38 PM
Zar and Ercard sneaking ahead and scouting

Stealth Block
Ercard [roll0] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll1]
Zaar [roll2] If Advantage/Disadvantage[roll3]

Estralita
2015-12-18, 04:15 PM
Pau'la was doing her best to keep alert and vigilant, but nothing was happening, and what was happening wasn't something she could contribute to. So seeing the bird creatures attracted her attention. "Look!" she said excitedly, grasping her glaive. Just in case.

Let's roll that nature check!
[roll0]

Townopolis
2015-12-18, 04:33 PM
Ercard

Ercard pauses when he notices the birds and debates whether or not he should double-back to the wagon. He eventually decides on a compromise. He climbs to a nearby vantage point and, trying not to give away his position, casts his gaze back to the wagon to see if they've noticed the birds.

When he sees that they have, he turns his gaze forward, scanning for likely ambush points that might need flushing out.

Not seeing anything likely, he opts to go ahead and link up with the wagon to check on the vulture situation. He descends his vantage point and trots back to the party. "Vultures. You see them?" He looks up another time to see what the birds are doing. "They see we're moving slowly, maybe think we're limping and like to die. I don't expect they'll attack straightaway, but they'll follow us until the sense an opportunity to finish us quick."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Estralita
2015-12-18, 04:44 PM
Pau'la nodded eagerly. "I will watch them carefully. If they dare to get within biting range, my glaive will slice them to bits!"

Fishybugs
2015-12-18, 07:39 PM
Phynn looks to the sky. "I agree with Ercard. They will likely wait to attack until they are sure of easy pickings. Look alert. Keep an eye skyward." Phynn nocks an arrow and prepares to defend the wagon. "It may be wise for at least one of us to keep their eyes on the ground as well. Only a fool watches not where he steps."

Zman
2015-12-18, 08:27 PM
Coast Road- The Fork

He giant vultures continue to circle, but do not approach the wagon... Four huge shadows circling high overhead....

After some more travel the group reaches the fork in the Coast Road. Zaar is waiting for the group, as he sees Ercard having rejoined the group he has a quizzical look, "Left me all alone scouting?"

Myrl

As the wagon approaches the fork he addresses the group, "Ahh, the fork. Best rest and make a quick meal before continuing on."

What happened to heading posts with character names, haha?

Fishybugs
2015-12-19, 01:00 AM
Phynn

As they come to the clearing, Phynn looks around, then glances at the sky. He is clearly unhappy. (Elven)Something doesn't sit well here. I don't believe all is as it seems. Hunt with me, Honored Friend. (common) I don't like the looks of this. Luna and will look around.

He looks to Luna, then motions up the road with a jerk of his head.

Townopolis
2015-12-19, 04:24 AM
Ercard

The bard points up and indicates the birds in response to Zaar's question. "Vultures. Was conferring with the rest on what we'll do if they come down."

When the party is set to settle down for lunch, Ercard helps get the Chestnut settled and fed before taking a turn at watching their surroundings while the others chow down. He'll eat when someone else can relieve him.

Zman
2015-12-19, 08:43 AM
Zaar

When Ercard mentions the giant Vulures, Zaar looks up squinting, sometimes his Orcish heritage disagreed with the sun, "Well shiit. Damned Orc yes, sometimes they are worthless in the sun."

Myrl

Myrl seems a bit less worried about the vultures, "Glad you guys are around, they'd be bolder if it was just me, I doubt they'll give us much grief if we look strong.". After a slight pause and upward look,m "Damned unnerving though."

ncpunkin
2015-12-19, 10:02 AM

Luna nods, [E]"Okay.", shifts into a large wolf with a few bone protrusions coming from her head and down her back. She shakes herself off as if to get used to being a wolf and would pad over to Phynn.

Once they move away, Luna starts to find any strange scents in the area or any out of place noise.

Smelling
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hearing
[roll2]
[roll3]

Zman
2015-12-19, 03:44 PM
In Luna's wolf shape sounds and scents leap out at her, the world is overwhelming. Widths. Little effort she can begin to distinguish them. Most notable is the scent of horses and men a handful of hours old that had passed the north fork hours before. Nothing dangerous or odd jumps out at her...

Fishybugs
2015-12-19, 04:15 PM
Phynn

Phynn follows Luna for a bit, then the two separate and come back together. A few months of scouting like this had developed a system of nonverbal communication between the two.

Run a perimeter out a ways...but never so far that we can't see the circling birds. If we're satisfied there's still no other danger, we'll rejoin the others.

ncpunkin
2015-12-19, 05:01 PM

Luna would stare down the Northern fork a moment, but eventually follows Phynn back to the camp. She would lay near the camp, her eyes kept glancing skyward to the circling vultures. She was ready to bolt up at first sign of aggression. Luna's thoughts shifts to that of flying high in the air and what it must feel like.

Townopolis
2015-12-20, 11:19 AM
Ercard

After being relieved of his watch, Ercard quickly downs some trail rations and washes them down with cool water. He doesn't say much during the brief rest, and it seems his mood is as dampened as anyone else's by the vultures circling overhead.

When he is ready to go, he looks up again and muses "If we do encounter further hostility on the road, perhaps ending it quick will give these birds something else to think about and eat?" He then shrugs, packs his things, and makes himself ready to head out.

Zman
2015-12-20, 04:39 PM
Zaar

Responding to Ercard, "Indeed, I'd prefer they attack... Lingering above us,never present is... Unnerving."

The rest of the group's time and rest is uneventful. After around an hour Myrl pipes up, "Best be getting back to the road."

Let me know about any changes or give me to the OK and we'll get back to the road.

Fishybugs
2015-12-20, 04:55 PM

Phynn continues looking upwards during their short respite from the road. "If you want, I can take a few shots at them before we hit the road. See if they react."

Zman
2015-12-21, 08:45 AM
Northern Fork

The convoy gets underway again, the single Chestnut working hard. The going is slow. Hours pass by and the sun begins to set with the he giant Bultures ever flying far overhead. The moorlands gets hillier and hillier and the party often has to help the chestnut up the hills.

As the sun sets and Myrl's horse is exhausted Myrl indicates that they should stop for the night. M"Best make camp for the night, it'd take us a couple of hours to make the Rosestone Inn. We'll pass it sometime in the morning and with a bit of luck we'll make it to Gordondale by dark tomorrow."

The Giant Vultures are flying far far overhead. Hundreds of feet.

Setting up camp for the night. Chance or IC RP. If you want, I'll roll for the night and keep things moving and if posting is slow I'll advance things later today a bit.

ncpunkin
2015-12-21, 10:53 AM
Luna

Luna would lazily pad along the cart, until shifting out of her form for the rest of the day. The pause for camp couldn't have come at a better time, "It is disheartening that they are still up there." She was drawn to protect the circle of life, but she preferred being at the top of the food chain.

Luna would offer to take last watch with Phynn again, but waits until everyone decides.

Fishybugs
2015-12-21, 11:55 AM
Phynn

Phynn travels with the cart, sometimes scouting ahead with Luna, but usually staying pretty close in case of sudden danger. When breaking for camp, Phynn agrees with Luna's plan for standing watch. "Keep the fire big tonight. See if that dissuades the birds." He looks puzzled for a moment. "How long can they stay aloft without tiring?"

Estralita
2015-12-21, 12:57 PM
Pau'la sat down with a thump, glad to be off her feet. She looked up at the vultures. "Persistant, aren't they? Is that normal for those birds?"

Townopolis
2015-12-21, 01:10 PM
Ercard

"Days, I believe," says Ercard, "and I think yes. They're waiting for us to wear down and collapse so they can swoop in and help themselves." He casts his gaze upward and squints at the birds. "Don't know if they'll roost once we stop moving or not. Beasts have to sleep, and they ought to just be daytime predators. Still, they aren't the only things in these hills."

He doesn't have any answers, though, so he busies himself setting camp. When it's time for supper, he suggests "Same watch rotation as last night?"

Zman
2015-12-21, 01:40 PM
Zaar

When questions of the overhead predators come up, Zaar just shrugs. When Ercard mentions the watch rotation he nods agreeingly.

Making Camp

The group eats their supper before settling down to make camp, it looks as if the weather is going to hold out... The fire is warm and welcome...

They'll likely roost during the night.

[roll0]

Estralita
2015-12-21, 02:18 PM
Pau'la silently agrees to the watch order, and gets ready to carry it out.

Zman
2015-12-21, 10:32 PM
Dawn Approaches

The night passes without so much as an animal crossing their paths. The sun crests the horizon signaling a new day, and judging by the warm dawn brought a mild comfortable day.

Myrl can be found making porridge, as it simmers he gets up with a grunt as feeds and brushes down the Chestnut, preparing him for the day's work ahead.

IC or RP. Any changes or back on the road? I'll continue things in the morning.

Fishybugs
2015-12-21, 10:53 PM
Phynn

As Phynn is finishing up the final watch, he gets some of the porridge from Myrl. "Thank you good sir, for preparing our morning meal. May I take a second bowl for Luna who is still standing watch over there? Thank you again."

Phynn takes the bowls over to Luna and offers her one. "I believe Mr. Myrl said we should make it to the town tonight. Hopefully he'll make enough money to replace Bessie." Phynn looks to the sky for circling birds. "I can help keep the ground packed again today. It will help some. Can you keep an eye on the sky, so I can feel comfortable looking down?"

After breakfast, Phynn helps pack up and prepare the chestnut for another long day.

Zman
2015-12-22, 08:50 AM
Northern Fork towards Glister

The group gets back on the road again, for a third day of laborious journey... Not long after the sun is up their four foul dark guardians are again overhead watching... Waiting....

A few hours into their journy they see the Rosestone Abby Inn nestled off the road. It's a collection of small buildings, a stable, and a second story Inn. Myrl indicates he'd have like some of Mara's sausages for breakfast, but he'd rather not dally and have to spend another night on the road. He wants to make Gordondale by dark.

Zman
2015-12-22, 08:54 AM
Descent of Vultures

A few more hours pass and the group breaks out their lunches, salted pork and dried biscuits, the going jays been slow. Phynn is looking up when he notices that the four Giant Vultures are descending, their large circling growing tighter and closer to the ground. Descending not towards the party, but to a point north of them and possibly along the road...

ncpunkin
2015-12-22, 11:31 AM
Luna

Luna would take the bowl from Phynn with a smile. She would pass the miles under them with a tune from her pan flute. Luna's eyes would go up as the vultures suddenly begun their descent, "Hmmm?" She put her pan flute down and stood up on the carriage beside Myrl to get a better look, "They must have spotted a food source" She would let options weigh in her mind, "Should we scout ahead to make sure it isn't some kind of ambush?"

Looking for smoke from fires or if I can make out where they are landing.

[roll0]

Fishybugs
2015-12-22, 11:32 AM

Phynn watches the birds descend. He puts his lunch down. Looks like they finally found something worth their time. We'll be back." He readies his bow, turns to Luna, and says, "(Elven) Let's see what they find so interesting."

Phynn presses his hand against his holy symbol, mutters an indecipherable prayer, and a mild green glow encompasses him. He turns and heads into the woods, knowing Luna will be padding along behindn him shortly.

Cast guidance on himself.

Stealth roll [roll0] plus guidance [roll1]

Stealth through the woods to the point the birds landed.

ncpunkin
2015-12-22, 11:40 AM

Luna looks over to Phynn as he goes to step off the road. She would run, jump off Myrl's side, shifts into a dire wolf and lands on all four paws. She padded off the road with Phynn and began to let the world come at her with her heightened senses.

Luna would pad behind Phynn and slowly angle out from him as they moved deeper. She tried to gain a trail with her nose between the air and ground.

Stealth
[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-22, 02:11 PM
Luna and Phynn begin scouting ahead along the road, taking care not to be seen. About two miles ahead of the wagon they crest a hill and see the huge black vultures ripping into the carcasses of two horses from a distance, the horses are still in harnesses attached to a carriage, the same carriage that belonged to the noble woman they saw in Thentia two days before.

Almost immediately one of the Vultures turns and looks in Lunas direct, vicera trailing from its beak to the horses opened belly. It lets out a shieking caw and the other three look your direction as well, the giant Vultures move to position themselves between the wolf and their meal...

Fishybugs
2015-12-22, 04:21 PM
Phynn

Once the vultures take a defensive position, Phynn lies a hand on Luna's back to get her attention and indicates they should return to the group.

Once back to camp, Phynn greets everyone. "The vultures found the easy prey they were searching for. The Noble carriage which left just before us. The horses are gone, but it may not be too late to help the people.

He then looks to Luna and smiles. (Elven) Maybe next time I'll ask Rillifane to guide your footsteps instead of mine.

Estralita
2015-12-22, 04:41 PM
The second Pau'la understood what the emergency was, she headed in the direction the two elves had gone as quickly as she could run.

Fishybugs
2015-12-22, 05:08 PM
Phynn

Phynn watches Pau'la run off towards the danger. He glances ruefully at the others. "I guess I should have anticipated that. Let's go."

Phynn sprints back in the direction of the vulture feast.

Zman
2015-12-22, 05:30 PM
Zaar

The large Half Orc glances at Ercard and shakes his head sarcastically until he can't help but smile, knowing that the young woman's zeal was both endearing and endangering sometimes... just the way he like it. "Best be off."

Taking a few moments to draw both of his daggers, holding them reversed blade to his forarms he takes after the eager woman, unlike her sprint his steps start slow, building a bit of speed with each step, fighting the urge to charge forward with everything he can muster....

ncpunkin
2015-12-22, 06:31 PM

Luna rushes off behind Phynn and catches up to Pau'la. Her body seeming to bristle in anticipation, but she paces herself to the group.

[roll0]

Townopolis
2015-12-22, 07:19 PM
Ercard

Ercard opens his mouth to say something when he hears of the carriage's fate, then Pau'la takes off. He suppresses a laugh and nods at her back. "What she said."

Then he draws one of his short swords and jogs after her and Zaar. Then he stops and looks back at Myrl and the wagon--the man they've been "hired" to protect. "Just keep moving" he tells the man, then jogs ahead.

Ercard won't move out-of-sight of the wagon, but he will move as far forward as he an while keeping his line to Myrl. Also, at a certain point, he mutters "Oh... oh ****" to himself and more-or-less goes on high alert.

Somebody ambushed that carriage, destroyed it and its guards, and is probably nearby. In fact, they're probably going to use the carriage to spring their next ambush. Go us. Ercard is looking for any sign of these presumed lurkers.
[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-22, 10:57 PM
Zaar

As Zaar catches his stride sweat begins to glisten on his brow... And he quickly catches and passes Pau'la...

After many hundreds of strides he catches sight of the massive birds feasting and picking at the corpses... He pauses, knowing that waitin for his allies is best.

Athletics[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-22, 11:03 PM
As Ercard begins looking around, his eyes darting left and right, never pausing long enough to fully focus on any one thing. He sees no sign of Ambush although his allies are quickly leaving him behind...

Fishybugs
2015-12-23, 01:32 AM
Phynn

Phynn heads straight back to the vultures and stops just short entering the view of the carriage. He once again grabs his holy symbol and the green glow follows. He then listens for any signs of survivors in the carriage.

Athletics: [roll0]

Perception roll: [roll1]

Zman
2015-12-23, 06:59 AM
Phynn sees no new danger, but does notice the corpses of four guards surrounding the carriage, though he is unable to see within it.

Townopolis
2015-12-23, 09:07 AM
Ercard

Ercard maintains visual contact with Myrl, unwilling to abandon him, and continues cursing under his breath.

Zman
2015-12-23, 09:16 AM
Myrl

Seeing Ercard's reluctance, Murl urge see him to go, "Best hurry, if you can save someone do it. I'll manage and be right behind you. If I need help, I'll holler.". Myrl's shaky tone is less sure than his words.

Zman
2015-12-23, 03:34 PM
After Zaar, Phynn reaches the spot moments later. Luna and Pau'la arrive a minute or so later each breathing quite heavily. If you look back Ercard is well on his way.

Looking towards the Carriage the four massive birds are ripping into the carcasses of the horses, each rip of their beak removing fist sized hunks of flesh. The giant vultures are aware of you presence, but are merely keeping an eye on you... for the time being...

Both sides are aware. The map has the corpse locations identified as well as the four Giant Vultures. They are around 150-200' away. I'll roll initiative if you guys decide to close and attack them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1469if4Ssj4yr4-2mJJIRWXAynmfmC0PIyV1P4C3U0jo/edit?usp=sharing

Townopolis
2015-12-23, 07:02 PM
Ercard

Ercard nods to Myrl and says "Screams carry faster and further, if it comes to that." Then he touches his forehead in a pseudo-salute and turns to lope up the road to where the others are making plans on how to move against the vultures.

When he arrive, he slows to a halt beside Zaar and surveys the situation himself before asking. "We have a plan?" and looking at Phynn and Luna, as if they are clearly the ones in charge.

[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-23, 07:18 PM
Zaar

Zaar half ***** his head at the question, "Poke em full of holes before they poke us full of em."

Townopolis
2015-12-23, 10:32 PM
Ercard

The bard looks from his friend to the birds and back again. "Actually, this is good. Once they've had their fill, they'll likely leave us alone the rest of the way... we should probably just wait for them to finish."

"Unless, hmmm, unless anyone is still alive." he takes another look at the carriage wreckage. "I don't see whoever was riding in the carriage..." he trails off and begins to look concerned, then shakes his head. "The vultures wouldn't attack survivors, not when there's perfectly edible horse-meat to be had... probably."

Fishybugs
2015-12-23, 10:43 PM
Phynn

Phynn studies the vultures, then turns to his companions. I want to try and level the field a little bit Be ready to intercede should this fail. Phynn lays a hand on the wooden leaf at the end of the chain around his neck one more time and a faint green glow encompasses him. He makes eye contact with Luna and looks to the vultures, indicating she should follow.

Phynn and Luna slowly approach the vultures, hands in the open with no weapons drawn. Phynn makes soothing noises towards the birds, and continues walking until he is just close enough. He once again grabs his holy symbol and asks Rillifane for help in persuading one of the vultures to turn around the continue eating from the horse, and to leave the wolf and two-legs alone.

First cast guidance on myself [roll0]

Then I'll use animal handling with advantage to approach the vultures [roll1] +guidance roll or [roll2] +guidance whichever is higher.

I'll also make a perception check to see if I can tell if there is anyone alive in the carriage: [roll3]

If I make it close enough, I'll channel divinity to charm one of the vultures...if I can tell which is the flock leader, I'll try for him, otherwise just any of the vultures. If I don't get close enough to cast charm before they attack, then hope I dodge well.

Townopolis
2015-12-23, 10:54 PM
Ercard

Before Phynn leaves, Ercard touches him on the arm and says "We'll be ready, but only so you can't accuse us of dozing; you won't fail" and he flashes the elf a smile of supreme confidence.

As discussed in the OOC thread, Ercard will grant Phynn a bardic d6. If he isn't sure a 26 will cut it, he can add [roll0]

ncpunkin
2015-12-24, 12:33 AM

Luna pads up behind the group and peers at giant vultures. Her hair stands on end again, I could get to them. The horrible sight of the vultures picking at the remains was disgusting. She looks to Phynn and pads along behind him. Once they got closer Luna began to sniff around here and there trying to pick up any scent she could.

[roll0] / [roll1]

Fishybugs
2015-12-24, 03:38 AM
Phynn

Phynn looks to Luna, It is the way of nature, you can not blame the birds.

He turns his attention back to the birds and keeping them calm. Do you sense any survivors?

Zman
2015-12-24, 11:15 AM
As Phynn approaches the giant vultures, he assumes an awkward Gaint, not like a man, but like the birds walking across the ground, his movements are jerky but rhythmic and the sounds he make are odd coos, but they seem to be well received by the giant vultures.

Phynn gets closer and closer, when he is barely a dozen paces a way he knows that wild predators like this aren't easily swayed and calmed, the task is far more difficult and deadly than domestic animals... But Phynn's skill is near perfect and he closes to a mere handful of paces... As he channels his will.... Two of the Vultures postures quickly change, from ready to pounce and rip him to shreds to a far more relaxed and comfortable stance, as if he was one of their own... The other two Vultures ready themselves to pounce on him... But then the other two shift as if to challenge the actions of the others... For anyone less skilled and I tune with nature will make little out of the situation...

Luna catches the whiff of men, smelly unkempt men, in addition to the horses, vultures, and noble woman and her entourage.

Channel Divinity To Charm Animal, it effects every animal within 30', not just one.

GV1[roll0]

GV2[roll1]

GV3[roll2]

GV4[roll3]

No one can see the fate of the inside of the carriage.

Fishybugs
2015-12-24, 02:02 PM
Phynn

Phynn contemplates the vultures, two who have relaxed a bit and two more still on edge. He slowly reaches up and grabs the oak leaf hanging on his chest. A small green glow encompassed Phynn momentarily.

This looks like a great meal. We have heard of an even greater amount a ways that way. Plenty for everyone, and no hunters to bother your feast."

Phynn points a direction the group is definitely not traveling.

cast speak with animals, as discussed.

Townopolis
2015-12-24, 11:40 PM
Ercard

The bard waits with bated breath and a ready crossbow as the elves negotiate their way around for frankly enormous birds.

Zman
2015-12-25, 12:41 AM
Phynn communicates his message thanks to his divine magics, moments later two of the Vulture quickly take flight. The other two, Make and awed up sound, translated to, "what are you doing?!" Seeing themselves outnumbered, they too take flight...

Estralita
2015-12-25, 02:17 AM
Only barely registering what was going on, Pau'la rushed up to the carriage, looking for survivors.

Zman
2015-12-25, 08:22 AM
Carriage

Pau'la rushes up to the carriage and immediately noticed the noblewoman opened and dead inside. Her handmaiden in no where in sight. The four guards are laying on the ground as if they attempted to put up a defense. A few black Orc arrows and a broken knelt ace can be seen. The ground around the carriage is stained red, though mostly from the Vulture's ripping and tearing at the horses.

ncpunkin
2015-12-25, 09:26 AM

Luna puts her nose to the air and tries to find the source of the men. Her nose flares as she tries to determine where they had gone.

[roll0] / [roll1]

I'm gonna find them.

Fishybugs
2015-12-25, 11:44 AM

The macabre scene with the vultures didn't' bother Phynn, as the vultures were only following their nature. The blatant murder of these nearly defenseless travelers, however, enraged him. He once again invokes the power of his god to help him in finding any survivors.

Cast guidance: [roll0]

Going to roll with advantage since Luna and Phynn are hunting together...I think we've established that's a thing:
Survival skill for tracking: [roll1] +guidance or [roll2] +guidance

So 23 survival score on tracking the survivors/raiders. Also, how close are we to our destination? Do we have time to get Myrl there before following the trail without losing them?

Zman
2015-12-28, 05:28 PM
Phynn is confident he can track the attacks east towards the hills and higher elevation, though he is less confident he will be able to in a few hours time or if he loses the light.

Luna's nose is overwhelmed by all the powerful scents, the overload causes her difficulties in separating out the scents, though she does not smell the foulness or Orcs, she smells men... and blood.

Fishybugs
2015-12-28, 06:19 PM

Phynn gathers with his friends. "We have a problem. The town is several hours away. If we want to follow these attackers, it has to be now. We aren't hired to protect this carriage, or to avenge the occupants. We are hired to protect Mr. Myrl. What do you guys suggest we do?

While they discuss the options, Phynn begins picking through the wreckage of the carriage.

Investigation: [roll0]

I thought about casting guidance, but I doubt Rillifane Rallathil would appreciate being bothered about helping to find extra treasure....

Estralita
2015-12-29, 12:24 AM
Pau'la looked down in mourning for the travelers' tragic death. The question brought her back to reality. "We, or at least I, have already made a commitment to Mr. Myrl. I will go back to defend him. If you wish to track them, I won't stop you." She spoke sadly. Whoever did this might go unpunished, but they couldn't leave the man undefended.

Townopolis
2015-12-29, 02:00 AM
Ercard

Ercard approaches the grisly scene behind Pau'la, and he seems little less affected by it than she does. Indeed, he is silent a good while. During this silence, he goes to each of the guards and kneels by each one to say a few words and--if needed--close their eyes. The noblewoman is visited last, and her eyes pressed shut as well. Then Ercard hurries off to the side of the road to be violently ill.

When he returns, he speaks in a solemn, almost grim tone "Phynn and Luna, if you wish to track the perpetrators, you should do so now. Pau'la, Zaar, and I will take Myrl to town."

Then he pauses and thinks before speaking again, and this time in a calmer, yet more decisive voice "If you find whoever did this, note where they go and find us in Gordondale. We'll take them down together."

Fishybugs
2015-12-29, 02:38 AM
Phynn

Frustrated at arriving too late to be if any help, Phynn throws the debris aside. He marks the trail taken by the men and returns to Myrl's wagon.

"Luna says she smells only human scent. No orcs, no trolls. We're not here to look for them. It pains me to let murderers free, but we belong here."

Phynn settles back into his position beside the wagon, arrow nocked and ready for any threat.

ncpunkin
2015-12-29, 10:33 AM

Luna seems distant even in her animal form and shares Phynn's sentiments of being unable to help. She would slip into the wagon and meditate after she slips out of animal form.

Once the raw feelings of the carnage had passed, she approached Phynn, [Elvish]"That was most frustrating. That poor hand maiden is good as dead.". Her attention turns back ahead, "A good drink would go a long way right now."

Fishybugs
2015-12-29, 10:42 AM

Phynn thinks a moment before responding. (Elven)"Have you flown before, Luna? They headed that way," Phynn points down the trail he marked. (Elven) If you can see where they went from the air, you can probably still beat us to Gordondale. Then we can head straight to their lair and attempt a rescue"

ncpunkin
2015-12-29, 11:12 AM

Luna shakes her head at Phynn's questions, [E]"I've yet to master the wing movement. I was studying the vultures, but it still eludes me." She looks up towards the sky, "I'll get it one day."

Zman
2015-12-29, 12:32 PM
Zaar

The large half-orc looks down at the broken Orc axe, when he turns to Ercard his face is hard, his words venom, "A maid taken by Orcs... is a fate worse than death... My mother..." He doesn't finish and is silent and still as stone.

Fishybugs
2015-12-29, 01:12 PM

Phynn listens to Zaar's helpless expression about his mother and glances involuntarily at Luna, knowing she may be thinking the same thing.

"I agree, friend Zaar. We are in no good situation. We have an obligation to fulfill to Myrl. We will do what we can afterward. I swear it is so. Phynn looks off in the same direction he marked one more time, obviously wishing to be telling his friend they were going immediately after the helpless woman.

Townopolis
2015-12-30, 02:10 AM
Ercard

The bard listens to the others discuss the predicament. When Luna mentions the handmaiden's presumed fate in elven, he suppresses his reaction, but he does look up at Zaar's words. Then he looks down, lost in thought for a few seconds. With a nod, he says "Very well then, we will take Myrl to Gordondale. Ahh, perhaps someone should check on him." He looks back down the road to where they all left Myrl behind.

"Meanwhile, a prayer, Trista?" he says to Pau'la while himself moving back to the carriage.

Inside the carriage, he takes another look at the dead noble, but this time he pays only brief attention to her features--enough to note major distinguishing features--before rummaging around on her person for other identifiers--jewelry, distinct accessories, signets, or anything else that is he thinks could be used to identify her. He also checks on the guards and the carriage itself for identifiers before turning his attention from identifying the victims to identifying the assailants. He scours the scene for clues that might shed light on who wished the noble dead.

"Phynn!" he calls out while searching. "Where did the ambushers strike from? Where did they hide? And how many were there?"

[roll0]
I think Phynn still has his bard d6 from earlier. If he doesn't, he gets a new one.
If it would help, Ercard will cast Faerie Fire to illuminate objects in the area, for easier searching.

Fishybugs
2015-12-30, 01:26 PM

Phynn scouts around the area of the carriage. "Rillifane help me to know how this was done. Grant me knowledge to right this wrong," he says as he holds on to his holy symbol once again. He looks at tracks on the ground, broken and mashed down foliage, and any waste left behind by the invaders.

Ummm.....not sure if this counts as tracking which would be survival or investigation...so I'll roll and let you add the modifier... +2 for investigation, +5 for survival

[roll0] [roll1] for guidance and [roll2] for inspiration

So....18-21...I'm thinking I'll have a little bit of an idea.

ncpunkin
2015-12-30, 01:54 PM

Luna would be squatting near the horse she had turned into, [Sylvan]"I am sorry we were not able to help." Her attention turned to Ercard as he mentioned Myrl, "I'll check on him." In truth the sight had begun to turn her stomach a little.

Luna walks slowly with her totem at the ready. Her eyes scanning the sides of the road for movement or danger.

[roll0]

Zman
2015-12-30, 06:10 PM
It takes Luna almost ten minutes to catch up to Myrl, his progress was slow but he was managing by himself. The Chestnut looks tired and is glistening with sweat. Myrl is standing off the side of the wagon leading the Chestnut from the ground.

Myrl

Shouting out to Luna as she approaches, "Lady Luna, what is the news? I saw the Vultures fly off." His face shows signs of softness, he is visibly glad to see Luna safe.

ncpunkin
2015-12-30, 06:19 PM

Luna smiles at Myrl's welcome, "Phynn negotiated with them." She came up beside the chestnut, "The scene is quite morbid Mister Myrl. The vultures were preying upon the noble's entourage. They were attacked." Luna would try not to outpace the cart, but she was eager to return to the group.

Zman
2015-12-30, 06:23 PM
Myrl

Myrl chuckles when she says he negotiated with them, when mentioning the attack alarm crosses his face, "Attacked, by what? Who? Were there any survivors?" Unconsciously Myrl picks up the pace...

Townopolis
2015-12-31, 01:39 AM
Ercard

The bard keeps up his searching up until Myrl arrives. He doesn't have much hope of finding anything solid, but he scours the battlefield for splinters from a shield, distinctive bootprints, discarded weapons, or anything else that the attackers may have left behind through carelessness or haste. At one point, he double-checks around the wagon to see if there's anything the noble or her handmaiden might have torn from their assailants in a struggle.

Rolled investigation in my last post, got an 11.
Ercard will go ahead and cast Faerie Fire. It illuminates objects, so maybe it'll wrap around something interesting. Maybe I can wheedle advantage? I dunno, we'll see what the DM thinks.
[roll0]

ncpunkin
2015-12-31, 09:05 AM

Luna gives a slow nod, "We are unsure, but they will be brought to justice. There is hope that the handmaiden survived, her body wasn't found among the dead." Luna took in a deep breath as they made their way back to the carnage.

Zman
2016-01-01, 03:44 PM
Ercards doesn't find anything else left behind, just the broken Orc Axe and and the handful of Orc arrows. He does see a signet ring on the Noblewoman's hand. It looks like any loose valuables have been taken.

The guards are relatively untouched, each has a crossbow, a Longsword, shield, and breastplate emboldened with the crest of Glister.

Myrl

When told that the handmaiden could have survived, "Hope? Where is she?"

Estralita
2016-01-01, 07:37 PM
After Pau'la whispered another short prayer for the fallen, she lapsed into silence. If only she had been faster, or more alert, maybe she could have done something...

Did you think this would be easy, Pau'la? she reminded herself. You need to give all your effort into what needs to be done, both for others, and your Goddess. It is too late for them; they are already reborn. Work harder next time."

She was so caught up in her worries, she didn't take part in the conversation with the guards, instead waiting for the others to come to a decision.

ncpunkin
2016-01-02, 01:54 AM

Luna would look back as they neared the scene, "If I knew that Mister Myrl, I would be rushing to her aide." She pushes towards the group as they came into view, "Hopefully they have found more clues."

Townopolis
2016-01-02, 02:58 AM
Ercard

With only a signet ring to show for his efforts, Ercard looks around the scene in frustration until he finally lets it all out with a sigh. "It's no use. I can't find anything we can use to find the attackers later. Although... did they head into the moor, or toward the coast?" He shakes his head immediately after and adds "We can bring her corpse and her signet to the city, but that's about it for now. If we could bury the guards, that would at least keep them until they can be properly retrieved... but I would prefer to bring her with us straight-away."

Fishybugs
2016-01-02, 11:12 AM

Phynn finishes checking out the nearby area. He returns to the grisly scene, and says to Ercard and Pau'la, "I can see which way they've gone. They left in a hurry. Luna says she smelled only humans, so I'm wondering if they are a group setting up the orcs to take the fall for their actions? Regardless, I can follow them. We need to finish with Myrl as quickly as possible."

Based on my previous roll (18 or 21 depending on which modifier used) can I tell where the group came from and if they were waiting in ambush or just happened apon the carriage?

Zman
2016-01-03, 11:43 AM
Onwards to Gordondale

Not wanting to waste any time the group quickly makes preparations to leave. With a roll of linen Ercard's wraps the noble woman's body hastily and secures her in the back of the wagon. Zaar helps bury the guards, stripping them of their armor and weapons noting how easy it should be to get a blacksmith to remove and change the emblazoned crest. Phynn is able to move earth and bury the bodies in short order.

On the road again, the group keeps their eyes peeled, not wanting to be caught unawares...

Gordondale- Outskirts

...a few hours later as the sun is setting on the horizons a small town can be seen growing in the distance. Near a half dozen guard posts surround the town. Two men, well a man and a boy great them as they near.

The man is grizzled and leaving his middle years behind him while the boy is nearing manhood. Each wear worn armor and arms fitting a town guard. The man shouts a greeting to them as they approach.

Townopolis
2016-01-03, 08:30 PM
Ercard

Ercard shouts "hail" to the man and waves in reply, then he trots forward ahead of the party to greet them. "Well met, watchmen. I take it we've at last reached Gordondale?" he begins. "I'll admit to being new to these lands, so I don't suppose you could say if you've a temple nearby? Say of Chauntea? Lathander? Kelemvor? Siamorphe?" he indicates the wagon and adds "Not all were left unscathed by the road."

When the cart, or at least the elves, are close enough for the watchmen to see their faces and converse with them comfortably, Ercard will say "Luna, Phynn, I think we're far enough for you to double-back and see if you can track them."

Fishybugs
2016-01-03, 08:38 PM

As Phynn approaches with the cart, he listens to Ercard interact with the guard. As he suggests he and Luna return to the scene of the ambush he nods his head and turns to Myrl. "Mr. Myrl, I assume you'll be okay from here?"

He then looks to Luna, (Elven) Are you ready, Little Kitten, or do you need to rest?"

ncpunkin
2016-01-03, 09:32 PM

Luna smiles, "I think that is our plan." She wanted these murders brought to justice as soon as possible and before they hurt the hand maiden, [Elvish]"I'm ready, we can ride back and hopefully establish a trail." She was already intent on doing what the group wanted. [E]"Though we may want to wait until morning to follow it."

Zman
2016-01-03, 10:13 PM
Roderick Smit

The grizzled veteran hails back, "Troubles? Is that Ole Myrl I see? That silvered mare finally give out on you?"

When asked about temples, "No temples here, people pray on their own under their own roofs."

Ryle Ward
The hound man next o him seems eager and on edge when Ercard mentions troubles on the road, "Orcs?!" As she shouts the young man's voice cracks, indicative of his maturing state. Roderick shoots him a look becoming get the boy to be quiet.

Townopolis
2016-01-03, 10:19 PM
Ercard

"Ogres" says Ercard. "they pierced Bessy's flank with a spear before Lady Trista and Zaar convinced them that we were not the easy pickings they desired, but there was other trouble on the road, and we don't think it was orcs exactly."

He sweeps his gaze over the two of them. His eyes settle on the younger a moment before he speaks "Militia? Do Glister guards not garrison here?"

Zman
2016-01-03, 10:40 PM
Roderick Smit

The grizzled veteran eyes light up when Ogres are mentioned, "Ogres? You're lucky to be alive, not many survive such encounters. Trouble?"

When asked about Hulburg garrisoning in Gordondale, Roderick expression hardens as if it was a sore spot, "Aye, they do. Hulburg has sent Sir Rawley and six of their Shieldsworn in response to our requests for aid..." his sentence ends hanging as if he doesn't want to say more to strangers. "Our guard has been forced to double due to recent Orc Raids."

Edit: Sir Rawley and the Shieldsworn are from Hulburg, not Glister.

ncpunkin
2016-01-04, 12:27 PM

Luna would waste little time as she approaches the others with Phynn. Their gear ready to go back out, "Remember to look towards the sky in the morning. The clouds will point the direction we are tracking." Luna moves over to Phynn and transform into a horse. She shoots Zaar a glare, Don't even think about it.

Once Phynn is on Luna would inhale a little, Okay, Phynn hold on. She was full speed in no time. The knowledge that they only had a hour to get back, driving her forward.

I guess I am going to be tiring myself out Dashing the entire way.

Fishybugs
2016-01-04, 12:47 PM

Once Luna has shifted, Phynn mounts and positions himself to be the least burden for Luna, but where he can hold on. "We'll see you guys soon. Don't delay. We don't know what we're getting into. (Elven) Let's fly, Luna."

Zman
2016-01-04, 08:54 PM
Luna quickly transforms into a horse and Phynn crawls on her back, they make their departure with haste...

Here is the Temp IC thread, feel free to keep yourself in the dark about the Main thread goings ons and vice versa. I'll do my best to bring them back together as quickly as possible. Go go Party split!

Temp IC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?474011-5e-Zman-s-Heroes-for-Hire-Ia)

Zaar

Seeing the odd turn of events, Zaar just shakes his head, "That'll never get old." He is learning, and doesn't make any further comments...

Roderick

Roderick's mouth just hangs open, "Well. ****."

Ryle is just staring blankly as the profound display of magic that just unfolded. For many in Faerun such fears are merely tall tales and tavern stories.

Townopolis
2016-01-05, 12:07 PM
Ercard

After letting the display of druidic magic speak for itself for a while, Ercard attempts to recapture the older guard's attention. "As I said, the ogres got more than they bargained for. But... " and he trails off a moment before shaking his head and resuming. "Thank you. Now, I suppose we'd better help Mr. Myrl get settled for the night."

He inclines his head to the two guards and waits for the wagon to pass before heading into town.

Zman
2016-01-05, 09:48 PM
Roderick

The veteran guard shakes the wonderment from his expression, "Myrl's a good man,mood thing he had you to keep him and his safe.". He gives a familiar nod to Myrl and it is returned.

"Best check in with Sir Rawley, he'd like and report on the roads. Any Ogre and Orc activity or Bandritry on their roads is their business... And he's a good man, just with Hulburg would have sent two dozen more. He'll be sitting with his Shieldsworn for supper soon, check with Max, the proprietor of the Horse's Head."

Zman
2016-01-05, 09:57 PM
Gordondale

Gordondale is a small, but growing town on the northern reaches of Hulburg's influence. It is surrounded by farmsteads, the life blood of Gordondale. It is a stop between Glister and Hulburg and acts as a major food exporter to Glister as Glister is wealthy in Ores and metals, but settled on harsh land.

There is a large Inn, the Horses Head, a stable, large house for the mayor's residence and an attatched hall. Near the norther outskirts is a grainary, storing the last of the years food and seed for the spring. There is also a general store, and a small smithy. Houses surround the town within the reach of the five guard posts, each manned by two town guards all of them as weary and worn as Roderick.

Myrl

"Your help has been appreciated.... Wouldn't have been likely to survive the Ogres with my life or livilyhood in tact. Best meals I've ever bought."Myrl chuckles as he lets you know it shouldn't be difficult to him to get his wagon situated, though he motions towads the corpse questionly.

Townopolis
2016-01-06, 04:36 AM
Ercard

The bard regards the wrapped corpse for a minute before shaking her head. "Nobody's going to let us bring her indoors. Let's get her under some eaves and... someone'll have to watch her through the night. I guess that means we'll set a rotation. Let's just hope the night is cold and dry, for her sake." He sighs.

"Pau'la, would you help Zaar find a safe place away from any front doors for her? I'll find this Sir Rawley and see what sort of man he is."

Zman
2016-01-06, 12:53 PM
Zar

Nonchalantly questioning Ercard, "We going to tell anyone about her? May not look good if these folk find out we've been stashing a noblewoman's corpse..."

Townopolis
2016-01-06, 08:37 PM
Ercard

"On the other hand," says Ercard, "with the attackers being human, they may well be locals, or even dissidents from Hulburg. If this Sir Rawley seems trustworthy, he'll be the first I let know. Otherwise... otherwise, I'll try my luck at the stables. We... I..." he trails off and looks long at the corpse. "She won't keep. One of us may have to ride hard for Glister with her tonight, depending on how things go with the Sir."

Zman
2016-01-06, 09:24 PM
Horse's Head Inn

As Pau'la, Ercard, and Zaar approach the Horse's Head Inn. The Inn is dim, moderately kept. A young lass is cleaning some of the round tables. There is a sturdy bar with a very average man of average build standing behind it. At one of the two long tables are seated a half dozen men, based on their demeanor and dress one of them is Sir Rawley.

Max-Proprietor of the Horse's Head

The man has deep brown hair ringing his balding head and his beard streaked with grey. He's the kind of guy that could be thirty five or fifty. He shifts his weight and steps out from behind the bar, a noticeable limp as he puts weight on his right leg. Above his head and behind the bar hand a sword of quality crossed with a charred length of wood nigh as tall as a man.

In a deep unassuming voice, "Greetings good folk, possess a thirst in need of quenching? Names Max, I'm the proprietor for this fine establishment. Loella's a fine serving girl if you need anything."

Sir Rawley

The man seated at the head of the long table is well bred man in his late twenties, he possesses a strong chin and auburn hair. His pedigree is of a man of good birth, but not so good he's been softened by it. His men are of varying ages, each bearing the mark of Hulburg's Shieldsworn, Hulburg's standing army and city watch.

He looks up and studies the three newcomers, his eyes measuring them up.

Estralita
2016-01-06, 11:21 PM
Pau'la silently shook her head at the innkeeper. Now was not the time. She walked over to the man at the end of the table. "Greetings. Would you happen to be Sir Rowley of the Shieldsworn?"

Probably should have done this earlier. DOubt it's going to make much of a difference, though. History Check on Sir Rowley and the Shieldsworn:

[roll0]

Townopolis
2016-01-06, 11:40 PM
Ercard

After making sure someone--looks like Zaar--stays outside to watch the noble corpse, Ercard enters the Horse's Head and scans the place. After a moment, he settles on the man who he presumes is Sir Rawley. He is just about to approach him and introduce himself when Pau'la beats him to the punch. The bard swallows what he was about to say and instead hangs back, watching Rawley's responses to whatever Dame Trista says next.

[roll0]

Zman
2016-01-07, 12:31 PM
Pau'la knows nothing of Sir Rawly and little of the Shieldsworn besides they are the standing army and city watch of Hulburg and serve the Hulmasters.

Ercard finds the man hard to read and glimses nothing besides he collected demeanor.

Sir Rawley

The man looks up with interest as Pau'la addresses him, he takes a long moment and hard look at her before responding, a wry smile on his face. Women of such build and demeanor are a rare sight. "Aye, I am. Sir Rawley, Shieldsworn to the Hulmasters and Shield to Gordondale in these trying times. And who may you be, madam?... you have a unique bearing." He then glances at Ercard, taking note of the man.

Haha, so much more pleasant an introduction without Zaar there. No Half-Orc bias to contend with given the recent Orc troubles.

Townopolis
2016-01-07, 03:06 PM
Ercard

Ercard meets Sir Rawley's eyes briefly. Then, when the shieldsworn returns his attention to Pau'la, the bard flags down Loella. "A pint of something not too strong, please" he says before finding a table that offers a good view of the conversation between Sir Rawley and Pau'la while remaining within earshot.

Seated, he sits back and watches. One hand idly fiddles with the signet ring in his pouch.

Zman
2016-01-07, 04:13 PM
The serving wench is quick get Ercard's light ale. As he sits back he notices he isn't the only one paying at least passing attention to the goings on, Max appears to be similarly interested.

Estralita
2016-01-07, 06:30 PM
Pau'la bowed. "I am Dame Pau'la Trista. Paladin of Lathander. This is my friend and companion, Ercard Teimo.It is an honor to meet you."

Zman
2016-01-08, 01:49 PM
Sir Rawley

Sir Rawley is curteous to Pau'la, "It is a pleasure to meet a warrior of Lathander and her companion. How may I be of service?"

Knowledge History Sans Modifiers [roll0]

Townopolis
2016-01-09, 03:11 AM
Ercard

Ercard takes his ale with a smile and a quiet word of thanks to Loella, and he takes a sip to sample it before returning his attention to the conversation. After a while, when he notices max listening in as well, he splits his attention between gauging Rawley's demeanor and gauging Max's.

[roll0]

Zman
2016-01-09, 10:32 AM
Ercard gets the impression that Sir Rawley is a man of principle and what you see is what you get, a noble man who puts his life on the line for lord and land. Max... Is a different sort... He seems like the kind of guy whose ears are always open. He is definitely interested and paying attention, but you don't get any sinister or ill intent. Of course, it's difficult to get a true measure of a man.

Townopolis
2016-01-09, 01:01 PM
Satisfied, Ercard puts down his drink and says "Man on watch said you'd like to hear about the ogres and orcs on the road."

"The ogres, probably aren't anything to be too concerned over here. First, because they struck just outside Thentia, and second because they made the mistake of engaging Dame Trista in direct combat."

He sips his ale before continuing. "But we found orc weapons at the site of an ambush just a few hours out-of-town. A noble's carriage was toppled, and all the guards slain." He lets that hang in the air a moment, giving everyone time to react for him before continuing on with the truth of their suspicions.

Zman
2016-01-09, 01:47 PM
Sir Rawley

The man seems doubting until they mention the attack on a noble, "What io the noble?!?". The news of an attack on a noble brings Sir Rawley to his feet. "Who?"

Townopolis
2016-01-09, 02:18 PM
"Who attacked? Not orcs, I can tell you that. We found their weapons, but they were clearly left there by someone else for us to find."

He stands and comes around the table while taking out the signet ring to show to Sir Rawley. "As for who the noble was, I do not know, but this is her ring, and if you'd like to look at her face, we did not feel right just leaving her there."

Zman
2016-01-09, 04:41 PM
Sir Rawley

As soon as Ercard shows him the signet ring, Sir Rawley's face turns grim. With controlled emotion he evenly and measure sly says, "Show me the body."

As Pau'la and Ercard show him to the body, he effectively ignores Zaar, as he pulls the linen off her face the color drains from his. He turns to the nearest Shieldsworn, "Ink. Pen. Parchment. Prepare a raven to be sent to Glister."

Turning to Ercard and Pau'la, "This.. This is unfortunate. I believe this is the Lady Sara Beldoran, heir to Glister and daughter to Lord Beldoran. I will send word to Glister.". After a pause, "Thank you for securing the body..."

Townopolis
2016-01-09, 05:02 PM
Ercard nods gravely in acknowledgement of Sir Rawley's thanks. He does not otherwise speak or interject for a while, although he will share a look with Pau'la and Zaar. His face, to all, is hard to read save for a hint of relief that is quickly replaced by shock.

"Heir?" he says, the shock bleeding into his voice. "That, uh..." and for a moment, he is lost for words.

"We sent two of our number--a pair of elves--to see if they can track down the perpetrators... for whatever that may be worth. We also..." he looks uncertainly at Pau'la, then continues "we suspect her handmaid may have survived. The elves are to signal us in the morning if they have the trail."

Zman
2016-01-09, 05:47 PM
Sir Rawley

He nods as Ercard discusses Luna and Phynn's, "Good, good, hopefully she has survived, a witness to this atrocity." He goes from nodding to shaking his head, "This is worse than you know... The sovereign heir to Glister was murdered on Hulburg's protected soil."

Max

Sometime during the conversation Max appeared and looked on, a quizzical look and a grunt he returns to his bar. He can be heard telling Loella not to look.

Townopolis
2016-01-10, 08:10 PM
"Then it is all the more important that we find her killers. If suspicions will abound, and we can be sure they will, then you will want your witness and captives" speaks Ercard. Then he pauses and looks down the road they came down. "If our trackers aren't able to find them, we'll need another plan... and quickly, I don't know what they want with the handmaiden or... if they'll want her for long."

Zman
2016-01-10, 09:51 PM
Sor Rawley

The man nods his head, "Yes, with luck your friends will be able to retrieve the servant... Before her fate catches up to her. The las thing we need in these dangerous times is tension between Glister and Hulberg. For your troubles I'd like to extend my thanks, and a few coins of credit with Max. You'll have your room and board covered till they return."

As the town is darkening the tavern begins to liven, filling with workers and some of the town guard. They can be heard grumbling out of earshot of Sir Rawley and the Shieldsworn, apparently many are unhappy with the small number of men Hulburg sent... Some even speak of Glister's strong army in hushed whispers, and others speak with venom about the price.

Estralita
2016-01-11, 12:32 AM
Pau'la had kept her thoughts to herself through Ercard and Sir Rowley's exchange. Something in Ercars' mood made her wary about trusting the guard, and the talk of the townsfolk wasn't helping. After a bit, Pau'la asked,"It doesn't look like things are the best here. Perhaps, when the handmaiden is rescued, e can see what we can do to help.

CanI retroactively do an Insight check on Sir Rowley?

Townopolis
2016-01-11, 02:01 PM
Ercard nods in recognition of Sir Rawley's promised recompense. A moment later, he asks "Shall we leave her in your care, then?"

Zman
2016-01-11, 02:26 PM
Sir Rawley

The Shieldsworn nods his head, "That would be best, we'd have been obligated to show hospitality in life, the least we can do is extend that to death as well."

With nothing left to discuss Sir Rawley bids the party good night as he sets off to write some uncomfortable letters.

If that is everything you guys can sack up for the night in your comped rooms.

Townopolis
2016-01-12, 10:56 AM
Ercard bids Sir Rawley goodnight and watches the corpse being borne away. His expression is uncertain, but he doesn't try to reverse course now. When the noble is gone, he turns to his companions to say "Well, I think that went well" and crack a smile.

Then he throws his arms over their shoulders. "Well, we'd better get some rest if we're going to be ready to follow the trail in the morning."

Zman
2016-01-12, 11:02 AM
Horse's Head Inn

Each heads to the second floor and readies themselves for bed. The accommodations aren't great, but they certainly are better than sleeping outside. Each is given a small room, maybe as wide as a man is tall and twice as long with a simple straw cot.

The rabble downstairs can be heard dieing down the night drags on... hours before dawn but after all have gone to sleep you awake to shouting and horns. Alarm.

It is maybe 2am, alarms are sounding. You are on the second floor of the obviously stripped down for bed.

Townopolis
2016-01-12, 12:24 PM
It takes a few seconds for Ercard to realize what's going on. When he does, he bolts out of bed and takes a quick stock of his surroundings. The inn, or at least his room, doesn't seem to be under attack. He grabs his belt and buckles it on. Then he grabs both short swords and his dagger and sheathes them all before snatching up his crossbow and exiting the room. He now has:

2 shortswords
1 dagger
1 light crossbow
19 bolts
his spell components
a long tunic, belted at the waist

In the upstairs hallway, he bangs on Pau'la and Zaar's doors, just to make sure they're up. Then he loads a bolt in his crossbow and finds a window to look out.

Zman
2016-01-12, 03:37 PM
Zar

By the time Ercard makes his way out of his room, Zaar is already in the hallway, struggling to get himself fully into his leathers with no concern for decency as he was holding his two blades, unlike Ercard he didn't bother thinking the situation through, merely grabbing his blades and busting through the door forgoing even a shirt or boots.

"Best get outside. Quickly!" he shouts in Pau'la's general direction.

Leave it to the lady to take the longest getting ready! :smallwink::smallamused:

Estralita
2016-01-13, 12:14 AM
For the first time, Pau'la was glad she took the effort to leave her javelins and glaive out for Evil did not wait for the defenders of good to be ready, so it was up to her to try and be as ready as possible. Still, it would take far too long to get her armor on, so she still couldn't be as ready as she'd like. Once she was ready, she hurried to find Ercard. "What is it?" she asked anxiously.

Townopolis
2016-01-13, 12:40 AM
"Alarms" says Ercard as he abandons his search for a vantage point in favor of following Zaar and Pau'la to the door. He'll trail slightly behind them so that both are directly before him when they emerge outside. Then, barring exigent circumstances, he'll immediately cast a spell. During the casting, he lightly touches both Zaar and Pau'la on the shoulder.

Unless they are subject to a surprise attack before being able to see violence, Ercard will cast a Herism spell on both tanks at the start of combat.

If that's okay.

Zman
2016-01-13, 10:15 AM
Zaar

Seeing his final companion join them in the hallway Zaar directs them with a grunt and all three of them make heir way. downstairs. No body is in the in at this hour and Sir Rawley is seen coming down the second stairs attired in a night shirt, a sword and shield.

When you get outside you can hear horns from the north, and a second warning from the south. A glow of orange can be seen from the North.

Sir Rawley

The man is cool under pressure and begins shouting orders to anyone in earshot, his demeanor standing there in a shift is no different than if it was plate. He turns and looks at the three of you, "Dammit anyway, I'll head north and rally men, you three head south and handle that. If you are overwhelmed fall back till reinforcements arrive."

He gestures towards the south where one of the guard posts was located and the likely source of the horn.

Townopolis
2016-01-13, 09:47 PM
Ercard gives a single, quick nod to Sir Rawley before turning to the south and jogging that way, hanging just behind Zaar and Pau'la. (right?)

As he jogs along, he'll be listening for the sounds of battle and keeping his head on a swivel to look out for danger.
[roll0]

Zman
2016-01-13, 10:21 PM
Southern Guard Tower

As Ercard, Zaar, and Pau'la near the southern guard tower, shouts in the guttural Orc tongue can be heard, so can the screams and shouts of the human guards. Two were momentarily engaged with a half dozen Orcs and were slain quickly... Six orcs advance, two other guards are moving towards them from another post, a seventh Orc lays slain on the ground...

The party will meet the Orcs at the same time as the other guards...

Map probably will go up tomorrow.

Initiative
Ercard[roll0]
Pau'la[roll1]
Zaar[roll2]

Guard1[roll3]
Guard2[roll4]

Orc1[roll5]
Orc2[roll6]
Orc3[roll7]
Orc4[roll8]
Orc5[roll9]
Orc6[roll10]

Townopolis
2016-01-13, 10:58 PM
Once the orcs are close enough to engage, Ercard casts his spell. He holds his loaded crossbow to the side in his right hand while his left hand rises up to make a short series of complex gesture. He also moves his hand to form a vaguely triangular shape between gestures. At the end, he quickly taps Pau'la and Zaar's shoulders. A golden, gossamar thread appears between him and each warrior for a brief moment when he draws his hand away after touching them. This probably means nobody else notices it, but it's there. As he gestures, he speaks.

"H͚̳̠̟u҉̺͙͚̪͚̰̱n̡̦̮̤̮͖ ̰̰͙̦̭̰S̡̹̘̲͚ạ̺̤n̻̤͖̻x͘ụ̝̗͖̜͝ ҉̰͚̘͉̬͕V̫̞͕͠óc͙͎̣̦o͏̣̯ ̮̯͇̗͙V̴̭̼͔̯͕̟̠u̞͖r̼̤̼̣"

On his turn, Ercard will cast Heroism in a level 2 slot, affecting both Zaar and Pau'la.
At the start of their turns, until Ercard's concentration is broken, both warriors will receive 3 temporary HP. Additionally, they are both immune to fear for the duration.

Afterward, he will hang back/back up to be as close to 70' away from the orcs as possible.

Zman
2016-01-14, 02:45 PM
Initiative
O2, O3
Ercard, Pau'la
O4, O5
G1
Zaar
G2
O1, O6

Pau'la is up!

Here is the Map!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FZvz_m-rMyuykBonGUgOZLQ4j7naS_KJnXG33hepebg/edit?usp=sharing

Estralita
2016-01-15, 02:49 PM
Seeing the trouble ahead of them, Pau'la finally knew what she needed to do.This was a situation where she could help, as a paladin should. Lathander, please forgive my faluires, and give me strength now. She charged forwards towards the Orcs. "If you want a real battle, battle me!" She stopped within twenty feet, and lit up her glaive with divine might.

I would like to move to J9, and use the Channel Divinity Sacred Weapon to add her Charisma bonus to attacks. Ready to kick Orc butt with Polearm Master!