PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A path of war money shot and manuvers? need help...

lord4571
2015-12-09, 05:59 AM
my question is if i was a warlord and was able to take a swift action to apply a boost to an ranged attack and this attack was money shot would the boost effect take place on both arrows that are fired

example: a warlord with a bab of 6/1. take a swift action to active horizon wind lancet. then make a full round atk. first atk uses money shot (shooting two arrows at the same time) both arrows take the effect of horizon wind lancet. then rapid shot doing another atk at full bab (not applying horizon wind lacncet). then another atk at bab of 1 (not applying horzion wind lancet).

first atk full bab money shot: 1d20+4: money shot 2 dmg rolls +1d6 on both from horizon wind lancet.
rapid shot: atk 1d20+4 and 1 dmg roll
second bab: atk 1d20-1 and one dmg roll

(my stats are better then this but basicly how it would look like) (sorry for spelling errors)

Elricaltovilla
2015-12-09, 08:49 AM
So first, allow me to link you to our FAQ Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?420178-Pathfinder-Dreamscarred-Press-FAQ). While your question hasn't been answered there yet, it's still a good resource for future questions should you have them.

Second, I believe what you're talking about is the feat manyshot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/manyshot-combat---final), not money shot. Money Shot means something completely different entirely unrelated to this game.

To answer your question though, Manyshot would only benefit from Horizon Wind Lancet once.

Benefit: When making a full-attack action with a bow, your first attack fires two arrows. If the attack hits, both arrows hit. Apply precision-based damage (such as sneak attack) and critical hit damage only once for this attack. Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger's favored enemy bonus. Damage reduction and resistances apply separately to each arrow.

While it isn't stated explicitly, manyshot is one single attack that deals damage twice. Effects that trigger off of "attacks" such as crits and sneak attack (and maneuvers) are only applied once. Since you're only rolling one attack roll, you only gain the benefits of the boost once. This holds true for the other boosts as well such as Searing Break, Burning Break, and Aurora Break.