PDA

View Full Version : Gemjump spell - MoF3.0/SC3.5

GenericClone
2015-12-09, 09:56 AM
gemjump magic of faerun
By the wording in this spell it seems to me that I could have it casted on the gem and roll the gem into a group of enemies and if they fail their will save everything they have/are wearing gets teleported to the stone? Like a magnet pulling all their gear to it. Since there is no mention in the spell that it is like teleport and doesn't mention that I have to touch the objects, just myself, willing creatures and objects.

I'm planning to build a character that carries around all kinds of trinkets that would be useful that he prepares before hand and I was thinking of running this by my DM with restraints like with 20ft radius or number of creatures who cannot be more than X distance from each other.

And you could do this with the old spell and the new one

Carrying the gem around with you and using it to teleport your party by throwing it and saying the command word. Thinking of a interesting way to start a surprise round (*toss...tink tink... Inspects gem... POOF! Party of adventurers*) Or have the rogue slip it into someone's pocket, teleport in when they go to report to their evil overlord dungeon boss.

Am I right in reading this?

Bronk
2015-12-09, 10:18 AM
gemjump magic of faerun
By the wording in this spell it seems to me that I could have it casted on the gem and roll the gem into a group of enemies and if they fail their will save everything they have/are wearing gets teleported to the stone? Like a magnet pulling all their gear to it. Since there is no mention in the spell that it is like teleport and doesn't mention that I have to touch the objects, just myself, willing creatures and objects.

I'm planning to build a character that carries around all kinds of trinkets that would be useful that he prepares before hand and I was thinking of running this by my DM with restraints like with 20ft radius or number of creatures who cannot be more than X distance from each other.

And you could do this with the old spell and the new one

Carrying the gem around with you and using it to teleport your party by throwing it and saying the command word. Thinking of a interesting way to start a surprise round (*toss...tink tink... Inspects gem... POOF! Party of adventurers*) Or have the rogue slip it into someone's pocket, teleport in when they go to report to their evil overlord dungeon boss.

Am I right in reading this?

Your last paragraph is right, you could do either of those things, or use it as a 'word of recall' spell too.

The first paragraph is off though, since the caster would have to say the command word, then touch everyone, since the older version works like 'teleport without error'. You would have to go there yourself, touch the enemies somehow, then all of their stuff might go to the gem if they fail their will save. This wouldn't work at all with the newer version, since it doesn't work on objects by themselves.