PDA

View Full Version : LoveGame (HSHC, IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Lentrax
2015-12-09, 01:09 PM
"And THAT," Ms. Akajira shouts, slamming her hand onto the desk, "Is why the The Adventures of Meito are a blatant ripoff of my work!"

She goes on like this on occasion. Especially when a new Meito book comes out. Like volume 35 did over the weekend.

"The art is subpar, the writing is terrible, and worse yet, it contradicts itself every other chapter!"

She calms herself down eventually, and tucks her back away into the bun she has tied at the back of her head.

"Now. Most of you are aware of our attendance policy, however, every year we seem to get some students who feel that the rules do not apply to them. Rulebreaking here at Fujiyoka Academy will be met with the strictest discipline and harsh consequences. That said, this year, we hope to defeat our rivals, Yariboshi Prep, in the annual Intercollegiate Games. Needless to say, things have not been good for us for the last four years, and the faculty is getting desperate. But, we feel that this year we have a good chance, thanks in no small part to this girl right-"

She cuts of, mid-dramatic gesture, when she sees the empty seat.

"HOW DARE SHE SKIP MY CLASS!"

You all know exactly which she Ms. Akajira is talking about. Jessie, the red-headed foreigner. Word spread through campus pretty quickly that she is likely the smartest girl the school has ever seen.

"Don't just sit there! Find her!"

Unopposed roll:
All difficulties at D5 as you spread out to find Jessie. +2VP to everyone who succeeds.

Illven
2015-12-09, 02:40 PM
Warren sighed. He just wanted to sit and read while pretending to pay attention. He knew all this stuff already, but Ms.Akajira wouldn't let that happen. Miss.Smarty pants who also probably already knew the material was missing.

And they had to find her for some reason...

Okay. If I were a girl. And the smartest one in school. Where would I be? He mused out loud, really wanting to get back to class.

He knew there was about a 50-50 chance, some girl would be coming up to him in the next 5 minutes, batting her eyes and telling him where Jessie is though.

Strong Skill, Honor student, School queen.

7th son of sons
2015-12-09, 04:42 PM
Today had turned out splendedly for the only blonde in the room. She had gotten through all of her classes thus far without any teachers commenting on her... unusual school uniform ("It's Customary French", she had explained, neglecting the fact that the France she referred to was in a video game), and now she would be allowed to leave Akijira-Sempai's latest tirade to track down the new girl.

Amelie was somewhat acquainted with Jessie, at least insofar as rumors would allow. At the same time, Amelie felt a special bond with the girl already, what with the two of them both being from other countries and all.. Her friends weren't to hard to spot out of a crowd either. Amelie approached the nearest such techie in the halls outside the classroom, smiling warmly as she approached. "Ah, bonjour, sorry to bother you, she started tapping her thumbs together as she spoke, But I was wondering if you had seen the new girl around?

Strong Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2), Quaint Greeting (+1) = +5 Allure

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-09, 05:12 PM
Upon hearing Warren's request, Mei sprung up from her chair on pure reflex.

"I will find her, Si- er, Warren. San. <I think that's right...>" And without further orders, she went off in search of the red-headed American(?)

Of course, her search was hampered by her still not knowing the layout of the academy particularly well. Not to mention that in her haste, she was misreading several of the signs, and ended up getting turned around or walking in on other classes more than once.

Strong Luck (+1), Kanji Illiterate (+2), +3 total.

ORione
2015-12-09, 06:14 PM
Rather than scramble out of her desk right away, Mio closed her eyes took a moment to consider the layout of the school. Let's be logical, instead of wandering around hoping to stumble upon Jessie; there were only so many places on campus where a truant might wish to be. Mio would search the most likely rooms, starting from closest to her classroom.

Strong Skill+Honor Student=3

Esprit15
2015-12-09, 07:14 PM
"Excuse me," Tomoko says, leaning low to give the freshman boy a nice look down her Senketsu cosplay. It was a uniform, after all, even if a bit low cut in the top and high at the stomach... "You wouldn't happen to have seen one of our exchange students, would you?"
Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Cosplay Expert (+2), Shameless (+2)

Lentrax
2015-12-11, 07:44 AM
Whether it is by good detective work, good guesswork, or just sheer dumb luck, you all find yourselves standing outside the disused computer lab in the supplementary building. The building was constructed only so that the entire academy would age the same. But since the school is exclusive to those who can pass the grueling entrance exams, there are not enough students to require its use as of yet.

Which means that the building only really gets use as storage and for rooms where the various school clubs can leave their things.

Through the door to the computer lab, you can see that a lot of the computers here are in various states of disassembly. Cables run to and fro without any seeming rhyme or reason, fans hang above open cases, blowing air down or to the side.

And one whole wall has been consumed by the monitors, all of them stacked and arranged in their own haphazard fashion, to form one giant monitor. It is in front of these monitors, that you see the outline of a girl, illuminated by the glow of the monitors. Her hands are flying furiously over two separate keyboards, and over the whirring of the fans you can hear the keys being struck takatakatakatakataka.

Esprit15
2015-12-11, 08:37 AM
"Oh good, he wasn't lying," Tomoko says out loud to herself. Looking around at the set up the girl had going, clearly beyond what the school set up. "Hey, whatcha doing in here instead of class? Hacking into something?"

7th son of sons
2015-12-11, 09:49 AM
Eh, B-Bounjour? Amelie stammered out, walking very carefully through the room to get a better look at the girl. Jessie-san? Ce que tu fais?She inquired, trying to get a good look at her virtual activities.

Illven
2015-12-11, 01:29 PM
Warren blushed at the gorgeous girl in front of him and his classmates.

"H-hey." He stuttered adorably lifting a trembling hand.

"I'm." He said gluping. "I'm Warren, We should get to class."

ORione
2015-12-11, 01:36 PM
Mio cleared her throat. "Hello, Miss Jessie. The teacher sent us to find you."

Lentrax
2015-12-11, 03:03 PM
"Oh good, he wasn't lying," Tomoko says out loud to herself. Looking around at the set up the girl had going, clearly beyond what the school set up. "Hey, whatcha doing in here instead of class? Hacking into something?"

The girl doesn't turn around when you start talking. She just keeps doing... whatever she is doing. Working. Why are you here instead of class?

Eh, B-Bounjour? Amelie stammered out, walking very carefully through the room to get a better look at the girl. Jessie-san? Ce que tu fais?She inquired, trying to get a good look at her virtual activities.

A screen goes dark. Damnit. She throws one of the two keyboards to the side, and the keys on the first keyboard start getting pounded on harder than they were before.

Warren blushed at the gorgeous girl in front of him and his classmates.

"H-hey." He stuttered adorably lifting a trembling hand.

"I'm." He said gluping. "I'm Warren, We should get to class."

Takatakatakatakataka You can go if you want. Busy. More screens go dark, and the girl starts cursing as she furiously keeps hammering code into the computers.

Mio cleared her throat. "Hello, Miss Jessie. The teacher sent us to find you."

Not now. Bu- The last screen goes dark.

The center screen lights up again, and a regular looking desktop appears, with open windows of what look like really incredibly complicated equations.

Compilation failed. Would you like to try again? The feminine voice seemed to come from everywhere in the room, and it doesn't take long to realize it is coming from the computer speakers.

Damnit. No. Not right now. Just save the results of the latest attempt, send it home. And prep the schematics from the Mark 2 cluster. I'll go over them, and make some improvements tonight.

Very well. I am sure you are aware, but school began ten minutes ago. You have visitors trying to get you to go with them.

Yup. I got it. Just get those schematics ready for me.

Jessie tosses the keyboard onto a nearby desk, grabs a can of what looks like an energy drink from the desk her other side and pops the tab with a thumb. She takes a long pull as she swings her chair around to face of you.

Come to get me, huh? Well, I guess, since I am not getting anything else done here today, we may as well.

Illven
2015-12-11, 03:19 PM
What were you doing? Warren asked, now calmed down.

Lentrax
2015-12-11, 03:25 PM
Another pull from the energy drink. Doubt you would understand, but the long and short of it is, I was working.

7th son of sons
2015-12-11, 03:43 PM
Another pull from the energy drink. Doubt you would understand, but the long and short of it is, I was working.

S-Sorry to have to bother you, M-Madamoiselle, Amelie said, her eyes widening slightly as she watched the redhead drink from the can. I-i-it is very nice to m-meet you, she spoke again, this time in unpolished english, rather than her accustomed (less broken) Japanese.

Illven
2015-12-11, 03:48 PM

"Working on?" Warren asks curious.

Lentrax
2015-12-11, 04:00 PM
Its incredibly complicated. Highly sophisticated tunneling algorithms, fractal geometric quantum inference.

Illven
2015-12-11, 04:04 PM
Its incredibly complicated. Highly sophisticated tunneling algorithms, fractal geometric quantum inference.

"Uh-Huh. Uh-Huh." Warren replied nodding while also clearly not getting it. Computers are not his strong suit.

Lentrax
2015-12-11, 04:11 PM
Jessie sighs as she takes another drink from her can.

I believe I can translate for you. Miss Jessie is attempting to create a fully realized Artificial Intelligence.

7th son of sons
2015-12-11, 05:17 PM
Jessie sighs as she takes another drink from her can.

I believe I can translate for you. Miss Jessie is attempting to create a fully realized Artificial Intelligence.

Amelie's eyes lit up at the idea. "oh mon dieu, how very exciting. And she sounds so pretty. Are you planning to build a body to accompany the intelligence, or leave her within virtual space to give her less restrictions in when and how she can operate? Et que dire de la morale et emotion? Would she be an evolving AI in that regard, or would you use a simpler gray morality scaling system and focus on processing ability and logistics? Oh, oh, oh, et ce qui est son nom? Amelie blurted out, thinking back on a number of shows about the uses for AI (Maids, Cops, Servants, "Companions", etc), before realizing how she must sound to others before sheepishly looking down at the floor, her face a pale shade of red.

Lentrax
2015-12-11, 05:47 PM
Language recognized: French.

<Miss misunderstands our intent.> The woman goes on to say in perfectly accented French.

<I am merely a virtual assistant to Miss Jessica. I have no intention on making the leap to artificial intelligence. I am perfectly content with my position in life.>

Miss Jessie, the schematics are currently printing. Also, module thirteen reports a hitch in rendering model 221b. Perhaps you can look into it later?

Jessie just waves a hand as she throws the now empty can off over the back of her head. Her target is pretty clear, a can has been up with a basketball hoop. The can arcs through the air, heading for the basketball hoop. It bounces off the backboard, perfectly aimed, but catches the rim and bounces off to hit the floor.

Why do I get the feeling I won't ever make that shot until I fix my other problems first?

According to this spoken theory(and the pile of cans unsuccessfully shot into the trash), the attempt has been made some oh, fourtyor fifty times this far.

Esprit15
2015-12-11, 05:56 PM

"Hm... I don't know much about tunneling algorithms... Or anything about them, really, but isn't fractal geometry expected in quantum effects now? Or are you wanting to ignore results based on that? Either way, I doubt the school computers have the processing power for what you want, so how about we get back to class. I'm sure Ms. Akajira would be angry with us for not bringing you back."

ORione
2015-12-11, 06:45 PM
"What are you making the artificial intelligence for?"

Esprit15
2015-12-11, 06:47 PM

"Because they're useful, I assume."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-11, 07:42 PM
Mei stood behind the others, merely listening as they talked. For the most part, she was afraid of offering any insight of her own out of fear of making herself look stupid. While Mei was by no means an idiot, she knew she wasn't as smart as Warren was, and this girl seemed way more intelligent than him. In fact, several of the others also seemed to have a better idea of what Jessie was attempting to do than she did. Mei was completely outclassed intellectually by her own classmates, which had her worried about how much longer she would last at the academy. And when she was nervous, Mei worked.

Almost on instinct, she slipped past the other girls (and Warren) and began picking up all the cans on the floor and putting them back in the trash can. "<So much clutter everywhere... are all geniuses this messy?>" she mutters under her breath in Arabic as she cleans.

ORione
2015-12-11, 08:17 PM
"Because they're useful, I assume."

Mio ignored the unhelpful comment and kept looking at Jessie expectantly.

7th son of sons
2015-12-11, 10:12 PM
Language recognized: French.

<Miss misunderstands our intent.> The woman goes on to say in perfectly accented French.

<I am merely a virtual assistant to Miss Jessica. I have no intention on making the leap to artificial intelligence. I am perfectly content with my position in life.>

Miss Jessie, the schematics are currently printing. Also, module thirteen reports a hitch in rendering model 221b. Perhaps you can look into it later?

Jessie just waves a hand as she throws the now empty can off over the back of her head. Her target is pretty clear, a can has been up with a basketball hoop. The can arcs through the air, heading for the basketball hoop. It bounces off the backboard, perfectly aimed, but catches the rim and bounces off to hit the floor.

Why do I get the feeling I won't ever make that shot until I fix my other problems first?

According to this spoken theory(and the pile of cans unsuccessfully shot into the trash), the attempt has been made some oh, fourtyor fifty times this far.

Amelie blushes lightly at the exchange, a small smile forming on her face as the assistant spoke to her in her mother tongue. I... I like your assistant, Jessie-San. Sh-shall we make our way to class then? She asked in earnest, hoping to get officially introduced to the redhead somewhere with better lighting, and less clutter. A good look was vital in her line of "work".

Lentrax
2015-12-12, 10:41 AM
"Hm... I don't know much about tunneling algorithms... Or anything about them, really, but isn't fractal geometry expected in quantum effects now? Or are you wanting to ignore results based on that? Either way, I doubt the school computers have the processing power for what you want, so how about we get back to class. I'm sure Ms. Akajira would be angry with us for not bringing you back."

Eh, Jessie says, glancing at the clock behind all of you on the wall.

Not much time left in the period anyway. 'N' I'll probably just skip the rest of morning classes too. Not like I really learn anything from the teachers.

Mei stood behind the others, merely listening as they talked. For the most part, she was afraid of offering any insight of her own out of fear of making herself look stupid. While Mei was by no means an idiot, she knew she wasn't as smart as Warren was, and this girl seemed way more intelligent than him. In fact, several of the others also seemed to have a better idea of what Jessie was attempting to do than she did. Mei was completely outclassed intellectually by her own classmates, which had her worried about how much longer she would last at the academy. And when she was nervous, Mei worked.

Almost on instinct, she slipped past the other girls (and Warren) and began picking up all the cans on the floor and putting them back in the trash can. "<So much clutter everywhere... are all geniuses this messy?>" she mutters under her breath in Arabic as she cleans.

46. That is the number of cans you picked up from the floor. As you are throwing everything away, you find sheets of crumpled up paper under the pile of cans that accumulated from the close shots. (Skill or Luck D5 to take them without being noticed)

Amelie blushes lightly at the exchange, a small smile forming on her face as the assistant spoke to her in her mother tongue. I... I like your assistant, Jessie-San. Sh-shall we make our way to class then? She asked in earnest, hoping to get officially introduced to the redhead somewhere with better lighting, and less clutter. A good look was vital in her line of "work".

What? Oh, you're talking about Sara. Yeah, she can be pretty useful sometimes. She helps me get work done.

And remind Miss about class, and work, and dinner.

Yeah. Those too, she admits with a nod. But one of these days, I am going to replace her if she keeps cheerfully telling everyone important details of my life to random strangers.

Sara sounds hurt as she replies. But how else am I to get the conversation I so desperately need? You programmed it into me, after all.

Jessie sighs. I made the help, and I still can't get away from people....

Esprit15
2015-12-12, 11:22 AM
"But people are so much fun," Tomoko says with a smile. "Besides, why are you even here if you're not going to classes? Unless you just come for the free computers?"

Lentrax
2015-12-12, 11:58 AM

Because I am sure I can. Is that not reason enough?

"But people are so much fun," Tomoko says with a smile. "Besides, why are you even here if you're not going to classes? Unless you just come for the free computers?"

I only go to school because its a part of my trust. I don't really care for people. Never have.

Esprit15
2015-12-12, 12:11 PM
"Hm, how odd. Why don't you like people?"

Lentrax
2015-12-12, 12:16 PM
Lack of stimulation. And people don't generally like to just humor me.

Although. It also brings up an interesting question. Why did you come looking for me? And to skip class to do so? Very intriguing.

Esprit15
2015-12-12, 12:28 PM
Lack of stimulation. And people don't generally like to just humor me.

Although. It also brings up an interesting question. Why did you come looking for me? And to skip class to do so? Very intriguing.

"Plot demanded it. Also the teacher asked us to find you, and we weren't really covering anything too important, so it seemed a good reason to introduce you," she says, turning to a wall away from the general facing of everyone else.

Lentrax
2015-12-12, 12:31 PM
Plot? the heck does that mean?

Esprit15
2015-12-12, 12:44 PM
Plot? the heck does that mean?

"Oh, nothing, don't worry about it. Nobody really understands anyways," Tomoko says with a smile. "You just have to catch on to it after a while, though judging by your hair you'll never really get it."

Lentrax
2015-12-12, 12:45 PM
Huh. Something I do not understand. Interesting. I might have to keep you around.

Esprit15
2015-12-12, 01:00 PM
"Oh, good! Most people toss me aside when I say weird things... Literally, sometimes," she says with a brief frown, though her smile returns rapidly. "But screw those antagonistic side characters! They don't even have proper names! Cassie you said? I'm Tomoko!" the black haired girl says with a big grin, sticking her hand out to the other girl.

Illven
2015-12-12, 02:59 PM

Not much time left in the period anyway. 'N' I'll probably just skip the rest of morning classes too. Not like I really learn anything from the teachers.

You could always do what I do, and read books on computer theory while the teacher isn't looking. Warren suggested.

I'm Warren by the way. He adds sticking his hand out.

7th son of sons
2015-12-12, 04:28 PM

46. That is the number of cans you picked up from the floor. As you are throwing everything away, you find sheets of crumpled up paper under the pile of cans that accumulated from the close shots. (Skill or Luck D5 to take them without being noticed)

What? Oh, you're talking about Sara. Yeah, she can be pretty useful sometimes. She helps me get work done.

And remind Miss about class, and work, and dinner.

Yeah. Those too, she admits with a nod. But one of these days, I am going to replace her if she keeps cheerfully telling everyone important details of my life to random strangers.

Sara sounds hurt as she replies. But how else am I to get the conversation I so desperately need? You programmed it into me, after all.

Jessie sighs. I made the help, and I still can't get away from people....

I uhm... I'm sorry to hear that. From the both of you. If y-you need anyone to converse with, Sara, I w-would be willing to do so, if that's not a problem. I-if you truly mean to skip out on morning classes, would you tell me which teachers you are seeing so that I may inform them?

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-12, 08:07 PM
Mei just continued to clean up the mess, not really concerned with the conversation going on nearby at the moment. As she got to the bottom of the pile however, she noticed the papers still on the floor. Her first instinct was to just throw them away along with the cans, but she was curious about what this new girl was doing in here. Maybe these will give me some answers, she thought to herself. She quietly picked one of the papers up from the floor and uncrumpled it in an attempt to read what was on it.

Skill, Shrinking Shadow (+2), +2 total.

ORione
2015-12-13, 04:15 AM
Because I am sure I can. Is that not reason enough?

"I suppose. I was uncertain whether or not you had a specific purpose in mind. In any case, your acomplishments are impressive."

Lentrax
2015-12-13, 09:42 AM
"Oh, good! Most people toss me aside when I say weird things... Literally, sometimes," she says with a brief frown, though her smile returns rapidly. "But screw those antagonistic side characters! They don't even have proper names! Cassie you said? I'm Tomoko!" the black haired girl says with a big grin, sticking her hand out to the other girl.

You could always do what I do, and read books on computer theory while the teacher isn't looking. Warren suggested.

I'm Warren by the way. He adds sticking his hand out.

Jessica O'Connell. I don't shake hands. I'm-erm, not too fond of people either.

I uhm... I'm sorry to hear that. From the both of you. If y-you need anyone to converse with, Sara, I w-would be willing to do so, if that's not a problem. I-if you truly mean to skip out on morning classes, would you tell me which teachers you are seeing so that I may inform them?

What's the point of skipping classes if someone else is just going to tell the teachers?

Mei just continued to clean up the mess, not really concerned with the conversation going on nearby at the moment. As she got to the bottom of the pile however, she noticed the papers still on the floor. Her first instinct was to just throw them away along with the cans, but she was curious about what this new girl was doing in here. Maybe these will give me some answers, she thought to herself. She quietly picked one of the papers up from the floor and uncrumpled it in an attempt to read what was on it.

Skill, Shrinking Shadow (+2), +2 total.

It appears to be a list of people and places, but none of the names make any sense to you. You think some of them are from a fantasy novel or something, and a complicated series of lines and arrows tie the names together.

"I suppose. I was uncertain whether or not you had a specific purpose in mind. In any case, your acomplishments are impressive."

What accomplishments? Thus far, I have failed.

7th son of sons
2015-12-13, 10:19 AM
What's the point of skipping classes if someone else is just going to tell the teachers?

I-I... Amelie looked down at the floor, embaressed. I guess th-that's f-f-fair... s-sorry. B-but then what should w-we tell them?

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 10:48 AM
Mei looked at the paper in confusion. She couldn't make heads or tails of it to save her life, so for now she simply pocketed it. Perhaps Master Warren would be able to decipher it later. He would find the puzzle entertaining at the least, given his interest in this girl. Speaking of...

"I don't think Ma- Warren is wrong," she said with a small smile, "That virtual assistant you have is quite the marvel of technology. And you certainly know more about computers than anyone in this room, myself included."

Lentrax
2015-12-13, 11:20 AM
I-I... Amelie looked down at the floor, embaressed. I guess th-that's f-f-fair... s-sorry. B-but then what should w-we tell them?

Jessie sighs. I guess if you're just going to tell them I'm here, I may as well go. Sara, how long for everything to print?

It should be done by the time you arrive home.

Right. I guess, pack up and head home yourself then. I'll be along when I sigh get out of school.

Mei looked at the paper in confusion. She couldn't make heads or tails of it to save her life, so for now she simply pocketed it. Perhaps Master Warren would be able to decipher it later. He would find the puzzle entertaining at the least, given his interest in this girl. Speaking of...

"I don't think Ma- Warren is wrong," she said with a small smile, "That virtual assistant you have is quite the marvel of technology. And you certainly know more about computers than anyone in this room, myself included."

Room? Likely the whole of the school.

Certainly not lacking for confidence, is she?

Why are you picking everything up? I'm the only one who uses this room. Not like anyone else is going to see a pile of cans sitting near a trashcan in a disused computer lab.

ORione
2015-12-13, 11:42 AM
What accomplishments? Thus far, I have failed.

"There's your virtual assistant."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 11:56 AM
"Um, it gives me something to focus on instead of being nervous," Mei admitted with a blush, "I'm not very good with people myself."

"Something we have in common, I suppose," she added with a nervous laugh.

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 01:04 PM
"Oh, of course! Should have been obvious, really. You seem like a Don't Touch Me type. Are you the violently defensive variety, or just mildly uncomfortable?"

Illven
2015-12-13, 02:07 PM
I could loan you a book if you want? Warren suggested hopefully.

Lentrax
2015-12-13, 02:10 PM
"There's your virtual assistant."
Jessie waves her hand dismissively. Feh! Anyone with half a brain these days can program an assistant. Mind you, Sara is special. But a run of the mill assistant is easy. Small potatoes.

"Um, it gives me something to focus on instead of being nervous," Mei admitted with a blush, "I'm not very good with people myself."

"Something we have in common, I suppose," she added with a nervous laugh.

Well stop. You aren't a maid. And I like my messes.

"Oh, of course! Should have been obvious, really. You seem like a Don't Touch Me type. Are you the violently defensive variety, or just mildly uncomfortable?"

Probably the latter. Don't think I'm violent. But I've also never had occasion to find out.

I could loan you a book if you want? Warren suggested hopefully.

Most of my information comes from unpublished information of my own creation and journals. You should read those instead to keep on the cutting edge.

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 02:23 PM
Tomoko tilts her head, clearly weighing the pros and cons of suddenly hugging Jessie to test which variety of Don't Touch Me she is. The girl looked reasonably fit, so she might end up hurting her a little... Worth it!

"Only one way to find out I suppose," the girl says, promptly latching onto Jessie from behind. Not as minor as a handshake, but should account for more extreme situations as well.

Lentrax
2015-12-13, 02:46 PM
And what would- eee!

Jessie freezes up as Tomoko latches onto her. Her entire body goes stiff, but her rigid body feels warm and comfortable, and she smells like a summer day.

Please.... Don't...

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 02:54 PM
As she feels the other girl freeze up, Tomoko chuckles a little before letting go. "Hm. I at least expected you to try and shove me off," she says. "Well don't worry, we shouldn't have to put you through that again. Not for a few more issues, at least. If we make it that far... So! Let's get ourselves back to class! Or I'll hug you again," she says teasingly.

Lentrax
2015-12-13, 03:20 PM
I-if it means not doing that again... fine. Just make sure the schematics are ready when I get home.

Of course, Jessica.

7th son of sons
2015-12-13, 03:32 PM
Jessie sighs. I guess if you're just going to tell them I'm here, I may as well go. Sara, how long for everything to print?

It should be done by the time you arrive home.

Right. I guess, pack up and head home yourself then. I'll be along when I sigh get out of school.

Oh, tres bien. S-Since we're all in the same class, i-it would be n-n-nice for you to get acquainted with the other students. Even i-if thats not really your style. she added with a bow of the head, and with a small smile adding in. a bientot j'espere, Sara.

Lentrax
2015-12-13, 05:53 PM
Oh, tres bien. S-Since we're all in the same class, i-it would be n-n-nice for you to get acquainted with the other students. Even i-if thats not really your style. she added with a bow of the head, and with a small smile adding in. a bientot j'espere, Sara.

<I do not have a body, miss. That would make seeing me rather difficult.>

You all return to your class after the bell had rung, which meant that Jessica had little trouble convincing someone else to switch chairs with her, giving her the seat in the back corner of the room next to the windows. Once seated, she pulls a laptop out of her satchel, opens it, and goes to work, hitting only a couple keys and tapping the mouse rather often. This goes on until the bell to start the next class rings. Jessica puts away her likely offensive laptop, and instead pulls out a magazine of some kind.

Scene Two.

Morning classes drag on, and Jessica, true to her word, sits through each of them. She doesn't pay attention though, since she is to engrossed with her magazines. Something seems to be wrong though, as she keeps altering the angle she is reading them at, or how far away the page is from her eye... Something is off... Just a matt-

"Ms. O'Connell? The answer? Ms. O'Connell! This problem on the board! Solve for 'y' please! Ms O'Connell!? Are you paying attention?"

Yeah? What is it?

"Oh good, I have your attention. Solve for 'y' please." The teacher grins, sure he has caught a student in the act of slouching off. What do you do to help?

Allure: D8: make crazy sign language cues! And if they show a little midriff, or maybe even some bottom of the bra action, so much the better, right? +2 vp.
Skill: D8: you know how to pass a note under a teachers notice. Give Jessie the answer and be totally James Bond spy action about it! +2 vp.
Luck: D6: Jessie's smart, she's got this... Wait, was that a mistake in the teachers writing on the board? He's just giving her a trick question! +1 vp.

ORione
2015-12-13, 07:11 PM
Usually Mio disdained students who didn't pay attention in school, but Jessie wasn't your average slacker. School clearly wasn't giving her enough to stretch her mind, so she was focusing on learning on her own. Mio could respect that. So, Mio would help Jessie get out of this tough spot.

Mio mentally worked out the problem, wrote down the answer, and slipped it to Jessie. She kept her expression neutral and her movements subtle to avoid drawing attention. The teacher wouldn't notice Mio breaking rules, considering that she was an excellent student and generally well-behaved.

I activate Deep Freeze.

Strong Skill+Deep Freeze+Poker Face+Honor Student=7

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 10:41 PM
Well stop. You aren't a maid. And I like my messes.

Mei looked down at the floor awkwardly, "W-Well, um, actually..."

She didn't have time to explain, however, as pretty soon the group was heading back to the classroom, with Jessie in tow. Mei sighed and took a moment to collect herself before heading back with them, paper in her pocket.

Mei was doing her hardest to keep up with the other students. While math was one of her stronger subjects, she still had a tough time keeping up with most of the other students at the academy. As such, she wasn't even necessarily thinking about Jessie when she raised her hand and asked, "Um, excuse me? It may just be me, but something about the question doesn't seem very clear to me. Would you mind explaining what you are trying to do on the right there? The logic seems too circular."

Strong Luck (+1), Kanji Illiterate? (+2). +3 if it applies, +1 if it doesn't.

Not sure how much kanji would be used in Math class, but I figured I'd try for it anyway.

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 11:08 PM
Tomoko, while the teacher's back is turned, tries to wave Jessie's attention over to her. The way the problem was set up would obviously give that y=y as an answer, which wouldn't be satisfactory. How to communicate that though...

Okay, so there was a reason Tomoko was not a cheerleader or gymnast (though she could totally pull off the outfit if she had to), but trying to act out the answer not existing was the best thing that came to mind... Removing her top to get down to just her sports bra to sign "does not exist" might have been a little over the top, though.
Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Shameless (+2), Cosplay (+2)

7th son of sons
2015-12-14, 03:56 PM
Amelie nervously looked over her shoulder at Jessica, obviously not paying attention. Her new... "friend" (friend was the right word. right?) seemed to be in a spot of trouble. And if Amelie could help her out, maybe there wouldn't be any need for the quotes around "friend". But she needed some way to get the girls attention without the professor noticing. Her face turning red, Amelie came up with an idea.

Quickly, she rolled down one of her stockings, before going at her pale, bare leg with a pen. "Ne existe pas la réponse, she scrawled in french, hoping the thought translated well. She then propped up her leg on the desk across the way from her, simultanously flashing Jessie the answer, and "flashing her" a lot more.

Strong Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Shameless (+2), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2) Quaint Greeting (Maybe? +1) = +6 (Maybe +7)

Illven
2015-12-16, 01:21 PM
But no one expected the sweet innocent boy to help out!

Passing a note to a female classmate he whispered.

Pass this to the redhead. He requested quietly.

And now they waited.

Strong skill, Honor student, School queen.

Lentrax
2015-12-16, 05:57 PM
Usually Mio disdained students who didn't pay attention in school, but Jessie wasn't your average slacker. School clearly wasn't giving her enough to stretch her mind, so she was focusing on learning on her own. Mio could respect that. So, Mio would help Jessie get out of this tough spot.

Mio mentally worked out the problem, wrote down the answer, and slipped it to Jessie. She kept her expression neutral and her movements subtle to avoid drawing attention. The teacher wouldn't notice Mio breaking rules, considering that she was an excellent student and generally well-behaved.

I activate Deep Freeze.

Strong Skill+Deep Freeze+Poker Face+Honor Student=7

Jessie rolled her eyes as she looked up at the board, thus also surreptitiously looking at the answer. She added a small disdainful shake of her head as she goes to reply.

Mei looked down at the floor awkwardly, "W-Well, um, actually..."

She didn't have time to explain, however, as pretty soon the group was heading back to the classroom, with Jessie in tow. Mei sighed and took a moment to collect herself before heading back with them, paper in her pocket.

Mei was doing her hardest to keep up with the other students. While math was one of her stronger subjects, she still had a tough time keeping up with most of the other students at the academy. As such, she wasn't even necessarily thinking about Jessie when she raised her hand and asked, "Um, excuse me? It may just be me, but something about the question doesn't seem very clear to me. Would you mind explaining what you are trying to do on the right there? The logic seems too circular."

Strong Luck (+1), Kanji Illiterate? (+2). +3 if it applies, +1 if it doesn't.

Not sure how much kanji would be used in Math class, but I figured I'd try for it anyway.

The teacher looks over his work, rereading the word problem. "No, it's what was in the book. but if it helps you understand, I will rewrite the pertinent information." He does so, and then realizes that the book made an error. He corrects it, then asks Jessie to solve it using the correct information.

Tomoko, while the teacher's back is turned, tries to wave Jessie's attention over to her. The way the problem was set up would obviously give that y=y as an answer, which wouldn't be satisfactory. How to communicate that though...

Okay, so there was a reason Tomoko was not a cheerleader or gymnast (though she could totally pull off the outfit if she had to), but trying to act out the answer not existing was the best thing that came to mind... Removing her top to get down to just her sports bra to sign "does not exist" might have been a little over the top, though.
Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Shameless (+2), Cosplay (+2)

Several cellphones surreptitiously appear behind books or in aisles as they start taking pictures. Unfortunately though, Jessie begins coughing, and turns away, missing the concept of your... demonstration.

Amelie nervously looked over her shoulder at Jessica, obviously not paying attention. Her new... "friend" (friend was the right word. right?) seemed to be in a spot of trouble. And if Amelie could help her out, maybe there wouldn't be any need for the quotes around "friend". But she needed some way to get the girls attention without the professor noticing. Her face turning red, Amelie came up with an idea.

Quickly, she rolled down one of her stockings, before going at her pale, bare leg with a pen. "Ne existe pas la réponse, she scrawled in french, hoping the thought translated well. She then propped up her leg on the desk across the way from her, simultanously flashing Jessie the answer, and "flashing her" a lot more.

Strong Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Shameless (+2), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2) Quaint Greeting (Maybe? +1) = +6 (Maybe +7)

More cameras. And a few of the students need to excuse themselves as they reach for tissues or handkerchiefs. Jessie herself has to stop for a moment and tilt her head to the side. After a moment of trying to read French, she realizes what she is looking at, and begins turning red.

But no one expected the sweet innocent boy to help out!

Passing a note to a female classmate he whispered.

Pass this to the redhead. He requested quietly.

And now they waited.

Strong skill, Honor student, School queen.

"Warren! No passing notes in class! Whatever it is can wait until break."

Jessie finally splutters out an answer, the teacher makes a sound, as though disappointed, then turns back to continue lecturing.

Jessie sits back down, lifts up her magazine, and flashes a thumbs up behind it, as she goes back to her... squinting...

The bell finally rings, and the teacher leaves, leaving you to your lunch break.

Miio and Amelie earn 2 VP. Mei gains 1.

Illven
2015-12-16, 06:03 PM
Warren pulls out a lunchbox.

So, **** move of the teacher, right? He asks another student to the left of him.

Lentrax
2015-12-16, 06:10 PM
The student shrugs. "A lot of what he does are bad ideas. But I don't blame him. I mean, she was reading a magazine, after all. Kinda asking for it wasn't she?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-16, 06:25 PM
Mei follows closely behind Warren, her face still red. She had a hard time getting the pictures of the other two girls out of her head. That taut stomach... those creamy white legs...

Stop it! she scolded herself internally, You're barely scraping by here as is, you can't be distracted by stuff like that during class! They probably don't even swing that way anyway. It's not like many girls do... Still, it was rather easy for her to get lost in her fantasies...

...lost enough that she ends up bumping into the student Warren was talking to.

"Oh!" she exclaims as she stumbles back, "I am so sorry! I didn't mean to... I should have been watching where I was going... sorry."

Illven
2015-12-16, 06:30 PM
The student shrugs. "A lot of what he does are bad ideas. But I don't blame him. I mean, she was reading a magazine, after all. Kinda asking for it wasn't she?"

Eh. Not as much if she's more advanced then the material here. Warren comments.

Lentrax
2015-12-16, 06:49 PM
"No one's that smart here, are they? I mean, why would they be here and not like get advanced to university or something?"

Lentrax
2015-12-16, 07:20 PM
Mei follows closely behind Warren, her face still red. She had a hard time getting the pictures of the other two girls out of her head. That taut stomach... those creamy white legs...

Stop it! she scolded herself internally, You're barely scraping by here as is, you can't be distracted by stuff like that during class! They probably don't even swing that way anyway. It's not like many girls do... Still, it was rather easy for her to get lost in her fantasies...

...lost enough that she ends up bumping into the student Warren was talking to.

"Oh!" she exclaims as she stumbles back, "I am so sorry! I didn't mean to... I should have been watching where I was going... sorry."

The student turns away from Warren to start yelling at Mei.

"Jeez, watch where you're going! Its good I wasn't drinking my juice or you'da owed me a hundred yen! Warren, can't you do something about your shadow? She listens to you right?"

Esprit15
2015-12-16, 07:24 PM
"No one's that smart here, are they? I mean, why would they be here and not like get advanced to university or something?"

"True, but some people don't get pushed ahead for social reasons, not academic. Or some other, personal reason."

ORione
2015-12-16, 08:26 PM
Mio sat down at the table one over from where one student was yelling at another about juice and yen. She got out her textbook and started reading it while she ate.

7th son of sons
2015-12-16, 08:30 PM
Amelie, still red faced, quickly pulled up her stocking and made her own way to the lunch room, keeping her head down and clutching her lunch box to her chest, her bag rustling with the sounds of papers and pencils and an assortment of art supplies Amelie wouldn't be caught dead without. Hopefully she could find somewhere to sit where some of her more wandering eyed classmates weren't.

Lentrax
2015-12-16, 09:39 PM
"True, but some people don't get pushed ahead for social reasons, not academic. Or some other, personal reason."

"You saying she's damaged or something?"

Mio sat down at the table one over from where one student was yelling at another about juice and yen. She got out her textbook and started reading it while she ate.

Hey. Jessie says, flopping down next to you. I was serious earlier. Journals give better info than textbooks. Still, not many people could figure out the logical fallacies in the textbooks example.

Amelie, still red faced, quickly pulled up her stocking and made her own way to the lunch room, keeping her head down and clutching her lunch box to her chest, her bag rustling with the sounds of papers and pencils and an assortment of art supplies Amelie wouldn't be caught dead without. Hopefully she could find somewhere to sit where some of her more wandering eyed classmates weren't.

You start walking, but you notice two tables with a couple of your classmates. One of them has Jessie sitting at it with a girl who is reading a textbook.

Esprit15
2015-12-16, 10:02 PM
"I'm not saying anything. All I'm saying is there are reasons besides academics that people don't go beyond their current grade when they should."

7th son of sons
2015-12-16, 10:17 PM
Amelie scurried across the table from Jessie, keeping her eyes suspiciously locked on her food as she began eating. "B-bonjour de nouveau Jessica-sama. Enchante, miss... Ki-Kimuro? she mumbled, barely audibly, caught in an odd spot of not wanting to draw her attention to herself and also not wanting to seem rude.

ORione
2015-12-16, 10:39 PM
Hey. Jessie says, flopping down next to you. I was serious earlier. Journals give better info than textbooks. Still, not many people could figure out the logical fallacies in the textbooks example.

Mio set her book down, but didn't close it. "Thank you, for the advice and the compliment. I'll see what journals I can find. Do you have any recommendations?"

Amelie scurried across the table from Jessie, keeping her eyes suspiciously locked on her food as she began eating. "B-bonjour de nouveau Jessie-sama. Enchante, miss... Ki-Kimuro? she mumbled, barely audibly, caught in an odd spot of not wanting to draw her attention to herself and also not wanting to seem rude.

"Kimura. Mio Kimura." She said this to both of them, as she hadn't introduced herself to Jessie yet. "That was quite a display you did in class, Miss..."

7th son of sons
2015-12-17, 12:59 AM
Mio set her book down, but didn't close it. "Thank you, for the advice and the compliment. I'll see what journals I can find. Do you have any recommendations?"

"Kimura. Mio Kimura." She said this to both of them, as she hadn't introduced herself to Jessie yet. "That was quite a display you did in class, Miss..."

N-N-Nosaraya... Amelie stammered, her face deepening in red. A-Amelie Nosaraya. I-It wasn't what it l-looked like, I wa-was just trying to help. I thought it would be the best way...

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-17, 05:21 AM
The student turns away from Warren to start yelling at Mei.

"Jeez, watch where you're going! Its good I wasn't drinking my juice or you'da owed me a hundred yen! Warren, can't you do something about your shadow? She listens to you right?"

"Again, s-so sorry," Mei stammers in a voice barely above a whisper, "I d-didn't mean to r-run into you... I c-can just go and l-leave you alone. If that's alright with, um... I mean..."

She looks to Warren, silently pleading for him to help her out of this.

"I'm not saying anything. All I'm saying is there are reasons besides academics that people don't go beyond their current grade when they should."

"S-She could just not be doing the required schoolwork," Mei guessed, clearly unsure of herself, "Um, I mean, like she could be really smart. But if she's only barely passing her classes because she only does the bare minimum, her teachers might not feel comfortable advancing her. R-Right?"

Esprit15
2015-12-17, 05:38 AM
"Quite true. It's a common problem for students like her."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-17, 05:47 AM
"Quite true. It's a common problem for students like her."

"Y-Yeah, I guess..." Mei muttered, "I wouldn't really know personally, but I know Mmm... Warren had that issue when he was in regular classes."

Lentrax
2015-12-17, 07:34 AM
N-N-Nosaraya... Amelie stammered, her face deepening in red. A-Amelie Nosaraya. I-It wasn't what it l-looked like, I wa-was just trying to help. I thought it would be the best way...

Well, for what it's worth Amelie, it certainly got my attention. Though I am not usually into girls, your display, and willingness to show... what you did... intrigues me.

"Again, s-so sorry," Mei stammers in a voice barely above a whisper, "I d-didn't mean to r-run into you... I c-can just go and l-leave you alone. If that's alright with, um... I mean..."

She looks to Warren, silently pleading for him to help her out of this.

The girl sighs. "Look, Warren, if you ain't gonna do anything about her, I'll just go."

She gets up. grabbing her lunch as she does so, and leaves with a huff.

7th son of sons
2015-12-17, 10:33 AM
Well, for what it's worth Amelie, it certainly got my attention. Though I am not usually into girls, your display, and willingness to show... what you did... intrigues me.

Amelie silently opened and shut her mouth a few times, her face beet red as she contemplated all the words Jessie was telling her. I-I-I di-didn't me.... It w-wasn't ... I m-meant th... N-n-not to say that I'm...Merci... she finally surrendered, dipping her heads and returning to eating, a small smile on her face.

Illven
2015-12-17, 02:05 PM
Warren finally looks up from the book on the laps.

Um... What's going on? He askes Mei.

Lentrax
2015-12-17, 05:52 PM
Amelie silently opened and shut her mouth a few times, her face beet red as she contemplated all the words Jessie was telling her. I-I-I di-didn't me.... It w-wasn't ... I m-meant th... N-n-not to say that I'm...Merci... she finally surrendered, dipping her heads and returning to eating, a small smile on her face.

Yup. That said, Jessie starts eating her lunch. If you could call another energy drink and a bag of potato chips a lunch.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-17, 06:44 PM
Warren finally looks up from the book on the laps.

Um... What's going on? He askes Mei.

Mei bowed low and said in a low voice, "I am so sorry, Master Warren! It's all my fault. I bumped into her and she thought I did it on purpose, so she left. I'm sorry I ruined your conversation."

Illven
2015-12-17, 06:49 PM
Mei bowed low and said in a low voice, "I am so sorry, Master Warren! It's all my fault. I bumped into her and she thought I did it on purpose, so she left. I'm sorry I ruined your conversation."

It's fine, Mei. Warren replied.

The conversation was boring anyway. So how are you?

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-18, 08:27 AM
It's fine, Mei. Warren replied.

The conversation was boring anyway. So how are you?

"I, um... I'm doing okay," she said sheepishly, "I suppose I'm just still a ibt intimidated by that girl we met earlier. You know, with the computers and AI helper."

Illven
2015-12-18, 02:46 PM
"I, um... I'm doing okay," she said sheepishly, "I suppose I'm just still a ibt intimidated by that girl we met earlier. You know, with the computers and AI helper."

Mmmm. She is a very smart girl. Warren agreed.

Lentrax
2015-12-18, 04:03 PM
"Is she really that smart, Warren?" Another girl at the table asks.

Illven
2015-12-18, 04:50 PM
"Is she really that smart, Warren?" Another girl at the table asks.

With computers at least. She certainly lost me talking about them. Warren replied.

Lentrax
2015-12-18, 04:52 PM
"Wow... she must be super smart to be able to leave you behind. What are you going to do about her? Is she pretty? Are you going to date her~?"

Illven
2015-12-18, 05:21 PM
"Wow... she must be super smart to be able to leave you behind. What are you going to do about her? Is she pretty? Are you going to date her~?"

Warren blushes at that.

I don't know. I mean I really haven't thought about taking her to computer conventions. He lies obviously.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-18, 11:11 PM
Warren blushes at that.

I don't know. I mean I really haven't thought about taking her to computer conventions. He lies obviously.

Mei can't help but smile a little at this. It was rather adorable seeing him have such an obvious crush.

"Well, you can always talk to her and find out if she'd like that." Mei said, "Do you know where she is now?"

Illven
2015-12-18, 11:20 PM
Mei can't help but smile a little at this. It was rather adorable seeing him have such an obvious crush.

"Well, you can always talk to her and find out if she'd like that." Mei said, "Do you know where she is now?"

Warren shrinks partly under the table, blushing and shaking his head no.

ORione
2015-12-18, 11:27 PM
"Hmm, I seem to have an extra apple. Would either of you like it?" Mio asked her tablemates.

Lentrax
2015-12-18, 11:30 PM
"Hmm, I seem to have an extra apple. Would either of you like it?" Mio asked her tablemates.

Nope. I'm good. And then just to prove it, se takes another drink from the can sitting in front of her.

7th son of sons
2015-12-19, 01:14 AM

I-if you had no plans for it, then I would be glad to take it off your hands, as they say. Amelie replied, looking across the table to her classmate. Father always said: An Apple a Day keeps le moissonneur away.

ORione
2015-12-19, 01:38 AM
Mio hands Amelie her extra apple.

7th son of sons
2015-12-19, 02:31 AM
Mio hands Amelie her extra apple.

Merci, Amelie said, graciously accepting the red fruit. You are positive you don't need this, Jessica-sama? Your current lunch certainly appears... high in energy, but low in balance. Mother always said fruit improves a young ladies thinking.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-19, 04:11 AM
Warren shrinks partly under the table, blushing and shaking his head no.

"Oh, I see," she said with a smile, "You are afraid you will make a fool of yourself in front of her, aren't you?"

Lentrax
2015-12-19, 04:31 AM
Merci, Amelie said, graciously accepting the red fruit. You are positive you don't need this, Jessica-sama? Your current lunch certainly appears... high in energy, but low in balance. Mother always said fruit improves a young ladies thinking.

Ah, no. I am perfectly fine with what I have. Been my lunch for years. Plus it pisses off the old man, so its a win-win for me.

"Oh, I see," she said with a smile, "You are afraid you will make a fool of yourself in front of her, aren't you?"

"He is... She must be cute~" The girl goes on. "Who is she?"

Illven
2015-12-19, 12:52 PM
"He is... She must be cute~" The girl goes on. "Who is she?"

Warren points to the gorgeous ember haired girl, talking to two of his female classmates with a shaking hand.

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 03:18 PM
Warren points to the gorgeous ember haired girl, talking to two of his female classmates with a shaking hand.

Out of nowhere, Tomoko leans in close to Warren's shoulder. "You should tell her that then, before everyone else does and starts some prolonged fight for her affections."

Illven
2015-12-19, 05:51 PM
Out of nowhere, Tomoko leans in close to Warren's shoulder. "You should tell her that then, before everyone else does and starts some prolonged fight for her affections."

Why would their be a prolonged fight? Wouldn't she just take everyone she's interested in on a single date, and pick her favorite? Warren asks Tomoko.

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 06:10 PM
Why would their be a prolonged fight? Wouldn't she just take everyone she's interested in on a single date, and pick her favorite? Warren asks Tomoko.

"That's how a normal person would do it. She's not normal."

Illven
2015-12-19, 06:15 PM
"That's how a normal person would do it. She's not normal."

Is it really that much smarter to have people play along for awhile? Warren asks.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-19, 07:28 PM
Is it really that much smarter to have people play along for awhile? Warren asks.

"Yeah," Mei said with a frown, "That seems kind of stupid to me... or just cruel."

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 09:44 PM
"Not what I meant. But nevermind that."

Illven
2015-12-19, 09:53 PM
"Not what I meant. But nevermind that."

What did you mean? Warren asks cocking his head quizzically.

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 10:15 PM
What did you mean? Warren asks cocking his head quizzically.

"Her hair, her demeanor, the fact that we all ran into each other at the same time when there was no reason for it. All the signs point to her being the kind of person that this will persist for several... what's the word... Nope, it's escaping me. Alas."

Illven
2015-12-19, 10:40 PM
"Her hair, her demeanor, the fact that we all ran into each other at the same time when there was no reason for it. All the signs point to her being the kind of person that this will persist for several... what's the word... Nope, it's escaping me. Alas."

Red hair means non-committing. I just thought it was a sexy color. Warren says, before squeaking and blushing again.

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 10:56 PM
"Well if it were blue, green... sometimes blonde and black, but that's less common, obviously," she adds, gesturing to her own dark hair "but for all intents and purposes, kinda."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-19, 11:00 PM
Red hair means non-committing. I just thought it was a sexy color. Warren says, before squeaking and blushing again.

"Well if it were blue, green... sometimes blonde and black, but that's less common, obviously," she adds, gesturing to her own dark hair "but for all intents and purposes, kinda."

"Um, I don't think hair color is really a good way to determine personality type... is it?"

Illven
2015-12-19, 11:04 PM

"Um, I don't think hair color is really a good way to determine personality type... is it?"

I don't know Mei. Warren points out.

What study did you find this in? He askes Tomoko. Who published it?

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 11:11 PM
"Study? It's just a fact," she says, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Illven
2015-12-19, 11:17 PM
"Study? It's just a fact," she says, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Warren blinks

Yes. But it still needs to be in a study! He says personally affronted.

Esprit15
2015-12-19, 11:51 PM
"Why? It is. The sky is blue, stuff falls, and people like Jessie are going to go through a period of romantic drama, which is brewing right now."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-20, 12:01 AM
"She may have a point... Warren," Mei said. Silently congratulating herself for not stumbling as much this time.

Illven
2015-12-20, 12:24 AM
"Why? It is. The sky is blue, stuff falls, and people like Jessie are going to go through a period of romantic drama, which is brewing right now."

But not because of the color of her hair. Warren replies.

It's because she's beautiful! He exclaims.

Esprit15
2015-12-20, 01:06 AM
"It's a combination of factors, and her hair is an easy way to pick her out from a crowd. Trust me, I know."

Illven
2015-12-20, 01:56 AM
"It's a combination of factors, and her hair is an easy way to pick her out from a crowd. Trust me, I know."

That's true. Not many people here have redhair.

Esprit15
2015-12-20, 02:29 AM
That's true. Not many people here have redhair.

"Wrong shade in most cases. I said red, not orange."

Illven
2015-12-20, 02:38 AM
"Wrong shade in most cases. I said red, not orange."

Hmm? Difference? Warren asked.

Esprit15
2015-12-20, 02:51 AM
"Orange just denotes ancestry. Red highlights what I'm referring to."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-20, 02:53 AM
"Orange just denotes ancestry. Red highlights what I'm referring to."

"You're saying you think she dyes her hair?" Mei asks, brow raised, "It doesn't look dyed to me..."

Esprit15
2015-12-20, 04:42 AM
"Nevermind, nevermind. Neither of you get it."

Lentrax
2015-12-20, 04:40 PM
Scene 3

The bell signaling the end of homeroom rings, and everyone gets up, heading for either the shoe lockers, or to club activities.

You can all probably guess that Jessie isn't in any clubs. But that leaves you wondering what she does after school. Or if she will change her plans to hang out with you.

Opposed Roll. Winner gains +3 VP and gets to determine the setting for the rest of the scene.

ORione
2015-12-21, 01:30 AM
The next time Mio saw Jessie, she stopped her and said, "Pardon me, Jessie, but I've set up a study group today, and I was wondering if you would like to join us? I've got a good grasp on chemistry, mathematics, and Japanese, so if you would like help with any of those subjects, I am available. There are other people with other specialties, too, and you could certainly help people too. Are you interested?"

Strong Skill+Deep Freeze+Honor Student=5

Also, I use Foresight. I guess Odd.

7th son of sons
2015-12-21, 02:33 AM
Amelie's heels clicked noisily as she made her way down the halls, handing out flyers for one of her clubs events. She had quite a large amount of free time, and she needed to get enough attendees to make the outfit she had commissioned fall into her desired price range (AKA Free). Some of the school faculty wasn't fond of her bunny costume, but so long as it was extracurricular in nature, and certain assets remained completely covered, it was technically allowed on school grounds. And it certainly did a lot for student... morale.

As she made her rounds, Amelie eventually caught sight of her new redheaded friend. "Ohayou et Bonjour, Jessica-Sama!" She called out, a new confidence in her voice as she approached the girl. As she came near, she made a move to lean in and kiss the girls cheek, before recalling her disdain for contact and instead handing her a flier If you're at all interested in the arts, or meeting with new students, or maybe even just free drinks, I would like to formally invite you to the art clubs bi-monthly comic conventions. We've already gotten a nice place picked out and it would mean a lot for you to come. Je ne sais pas if you're interested in Japanese comics, but we could even teach you to make your own! And with that, she presented to Jessica a comic of her own design, the flier enclosed within, anxiously awaiting the girls response.

Failure: The Comic is a short, silly one of about a pair of Heiresses and their continually escalating attempts to impress the other with their money

Success: The comic is a not so short, and certainly less silly, but it does remain about two heiresses. However, rather than impressing them with money, they attempt to impress one another with their... talents... Oddly enough, one heiress is blonde, and the other a redhead. What a coinkledinkle.

I know it's coming

Strong Allure (+1), Stand Out (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2), Shameless (+2), Doujinshi Enthusiast (+2, Maybe), Quaint Greeting (+1) = +8, Maybe +10

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-22, 10:27 AM
Mei, of course, wanted Jessica to stick around (for Warren's sake, of course), and to do that, she needed to get on her good side. However, she wasn't sure where she could bring Jessica that she would like. So instead, Mei decided that the best way to get on her good side would be through her stomach.

Operating quietly, she slipped out of the academy for a little bit to pick up some extra ingredients, then set about making bento boxes for Jessica and the others. She had decided on them both because they were a good way to introduce the foreigners to Japanese culture and because they were mobile enough that they could eat even if they decided not to stick around the school. That's not to say Mei didn't find the act of making them calming herself, of course. But like a good maid, all that really mattered to her was making Jessie and the others happy.

As classes let out, she wordlessly passed the bento boxes out to the intended recipients. When she handed Jessie hers however, she bowed and said in a low voice, "Warren and I would appreciate you joining us for an afternoon snack outside. We both wish to get to know you better."

Skill, Good Cook (+2), Cultural Enthusiast (+1), Shrinking Shadow (+2), +5 total.

Esprit15
2015-12-22, 03:01 PM
Tomoko watches the other girls (and single guy) try to find their various ways to totally nonchalantly get some personal time with Jessie, and chuckles to herself. As expected. Hm, narrative convention says that the most obvious romantic interest takes the lead initially, but peters out as the more popular shippings overshadow the initially intended romantic partner. Obviously the straight couple will be preferred, for simplicity, even if Jessie obviously doesn't swing that way. Still, run with it while you can.

"I think Warren and Mei's idea sounds absolutely wonderful," Tomoko says from beside the other girl.
Allure (+1), Moe (+1), Cosplay (+2), Shameless (+2)

Illven
2015-12-22, 03:20 PM
Warren was behind Amelie.

You could go to the comic convention. Warren replied.

Or! I could bring us to the annual Japanese Comp-con. Where the best computer minds interact with their shared pleasure.

The fact that he and a female friend had researched this only today was irrelevant, right!

Strong skill, Honor student, School queen, Just as planned.

Lentrax
2015-12-22, 04:47 PM
The next time Mio saw Jessie, she stopped her and said, "Pardon me, Jessie, but I've set up a study group today, and I was wondering if you would like to join us? I've got a good grasp on chemistry, mathematics, and Japanese, so if you would like help with any of those subjects, I am available. There are other people with other specialties, too, and you could certainly help people too. Are you interested?"

Strong Skill+Deep Freeze+Honor Student=5

Also, I use Foresight. I guess Odd.

I don't think so. I have work to do at home. Maybe another time?

Mei, of course, wanted Jessica to stick around (for Warren's sake, of course), and to do that, she needed to get on her good side. However, she wasn't sure where she could bring Jessica that she would like. So instead, Mei decided that the best way to get on her good side would be through her stomach.

Operating quietly, she slipped out of the academy for a little bit to pick up some extra ingredients, then set about making bento boxes for Jessica and the others. She had decided on them both because they were a good way to introduce the foreigners to Japanese culture and because they were mobile enough that they could eat even if they decided not to stick around the school. That's not to say Mei didn't find the act of making them calming herself, of course. But like a good maid, all that really mattered to her was making Jessie and the others happy.

As classes let out, she wordlessly passed the bento boxes out to the intended recipients. When she handed Jessie hers however, she bowed and said in a low voice, "Warren and I would appreciate you joining us for an afternoon snack outside. We both wish to get to know you better."

Skill, Good Cook (+2), Cultural Enthusiast (+1), Shrinking Shadow (+2), +5 total.

(See below)

Tomoko watches the other girls (and single guy) try to find their various ways to totally nonchalantly get some personal time with Jessie, and chuckles to herself. As expected. Hm, narrative convention says that the most obvious romantic interest takes the lead initially, but peters out as the more popular shippings overshadow the initially intended romantic partner. Obviously the straight couple will be preferred, for simplicity, even if Jessie obviously doesn't swing that way. Still, run with it while you can.

"I think Warren and Mei's idea sounds absolutely wonderful," Tomoko says from beside the other girl.
Allure (+1), Moe (+1), Cosplay (+2), Shameless (+2)

Mmm. No. I will grab a bento on my way home. I need to do some work.

Amelie's heels clicked noisily as she made her way down the halls, handing out flyers for one of her clubs events. She had quite a large amount of free time, and she needed to get enough attendees to make the outfit she had commissioned fall into her desired price range (AKA Free). Some of the school faculty wasn't fond of her bunny costume, but so long as it was extracurricular in nature, and certain assets remained completely covered, it was technically allowed on school grounds. And it certainly did a lot for student... morale.

As she made her rounds, Amelie eventually caught sight of her new redheaded friend. "Ohayou et Bonjour, Jessica-Sama!" She called out, a new confidence in her voice as she approached the girl. As she came near, she made a move to lean in and kiss the girls cheek, before recalling her disdain for contact and instead handing her a flier If you're at all interested in the arts, or meeting with new students, or maybe even just free drinks, I would like to formally invite you to the art clubs bi-monthly comic conventions. We've already gotten a nice place picked out and it would mean a lot for you to come. Je ne sais pas if you're interested in Japanese comics, but we could even teach you to make your own! And with that, she presented to Jessica a comic of her own design, the flier enclosed within, anxiously awaiting the girls response.

Failure: The Comic is a short, silly one of about a pair of Heiresses and their continually escalating attempts to impress the other with their money

Success: The comic is a not so short, and certainly less silly, but it does remain about two heiresses. However, rather than impressing them with money, they attempt to impress one another with their... talents... Oddly enough, one heiress is blonde, and the other a redhead. What a coinkledinkle.

I know it's coming

Strong Allure (+1), Stand Out (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2), Shameless (+2), Doujinshi Enthusiast (+2, Maybe), Quaint Greeting (+1) = +8, Maybe +10

Jessie starts to thumb through the comic. She stops at one particular picture, a single piece across two pages. Her eyes go wide, and her pale-skinned face pinkens, for a moment looking almost healthy. But before she can say anything, she is cut off by Warren.

Warren was behind Amelie.

You could go to the comic convention. Warren replied.

Or! I could bring us to the annual Japanese Comp-con. Where the best computer minds interact with their shared pleasure.

The fact that he and a female friend had researched this only today was irrelevant, right!

Strong skill, Honor student, School queen, Just as planned.

Jessie could only just nod, her face still pink from the comic she is still holding onto. Y-yes. That sounds agreeable.

Which means! You have to decide if you are going to a computer convention or not.

Illven
2015-12-22, 05:49 PM
It would be my pleasure to take you. Warren replied interlocking arms with Jessie.

Shall we get going? He asks her.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-22, 09:41 PM
"Of course, Sir," Mei said on reflex, before blushing and mumbling, "I mean that sounds lovely."

ORione
2015-12-22, 09:55 PM
Mio found one of her study groupmates and said, "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to come today. I've heard about a computer convention at the same time, and it sounds fascinating." No need to mention that the most fascinating part was who was also going.

7th son of sons
2015-12-22, 11:29 PM
The light in Amelie's face dimmed slightly as her smile vanished and her shoulders sagged a bit. O... Oh...Je Sois... Th-That's okay, it sounds like fun.
Je fais comme les ordinateurs... I-if I may come along...

Esprit15
2015-12-23, 12:18 AM
Hm, so the maid and the boy were not in unison? Interesting. Does that mean that she's... Alright. She could work with that. "Well! I'll have to find a better cosplay than simply this!"

Lentrax
2015-12-23, 04:17 AM
When Warren takes Jessie's arm, her embarrassment changes to... something else. She stops walking, which jerks Warren to a halt.

P-p-please let go.

Illven
2015-12-23, 01:19 PM
When Warren takes Jessie's arm, her embarrassment changes to... something else. She stops walking, which jerks Warren to a halt.

P-p-please let go.

Hmm. Oh yes sure, my apologies. Warren replied.

My parents always told me that was the proper way to make sure you don't get split up.

Lentrax
2015-12-23, 03:09 PM
I... Jessie clears her throat before she continues.

I don't like to be touched.

Illven
2015-12-23, 03:35 PM
I... Jessie clears her throat before she continues.

I don't like to be touched.

Again, my apologies. I should have asked first. Warren replied.

Lentrax
2015-12-23, 04:10 PM
I-it's fine. You didn't know. The tone of her voice suggests she is incredibly off put, but she keeps going, as though just ignoring it will make the problem better.

So, convention. Where are we going?

Illven
2015-12-23, 05:19 PM
I-it's fine. You didn't know. The tone of her voice suggests she is incredibly off put, but she keeps going, as though just ignoring it will make the problem better.

So, convention. Where are we going?

Oh it's just downtown. Frankly I'm surprised you didn't know. Conventions not your thing, usually? Warren replied.

Lentrax
2015-12-23, 05:34 PM
I don't usually, no. What about the rest of you? Are you going too?

7th son of sons
2015-12-23, 09:41 PM
If it does not run too short, I will perhaps catch up after my... my comic book meeting. It should not be to hard to find, non?

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-23, 09:56 PM
"I will be, of course," Mei said with a small bow, "After all, in a sense Warren is my ride."

ORione
2015-12-23, 10:39 PM
"Yes. It does sound interesting."

Lentrax
2015-12-24, 03:45 AM
If it does not run too short, I will perhaps catch up after my... my comic book meeting. It should not be to hard to find, non?

Probably not, but it may be difficult to find us inside.

"I will be, of course," Mei said with a small bow, "After all, in a sense Warren is my ride."

Yeah? You two together or something? There is no snarky or sarcastic humor to her question. It is just a simple question.

"Yes. It does sound interesting."
Okay then, let's go.

Illven
2015-12-24, 03:50 AM
No we are not together. Warren answers just as simply.

I'll lead the way. He replies starting to move towards the limo.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-24, 04:12 AM
Yeah? You two together or something? There is no snarky or sarcastic humor to her question. It is just a simple question.

"Oh no," Mei says, shaking her head for emphasis, "We're, uh, just friends. Really good friends."

Mei walks besides Warren, and as he and Jessie approach the door she quickens her pace to reach the door before them so she can hold it open.

"Um, after you..." she adds awkwardly as she realizes what she's doing.

Esprit15
2015-12-24, 04:55 AM
I don't usually, no. What about the rest of you? Are you going too?

"As I said, I have to change to a more interesting outfit than I can wear at school. I'll meet you guys there."

Lentrax
2015-12-24, 09:51 AM

A limo? Geez, what are you, like loaded or something?

"Oh no," Mei says, shaking her head for emphasis, "We're, uh, just friends. Really good friends."

Mei walks besides Warren, and as he and Jessie approach the door she quickens her pace to reach the door before them so she can hold it open.

"Um, after you..." she adds awkwardly as she realizes what she's doing.

You may not be his girlfriend, but you sure do act weird around him.

"As I said, I have to change to a more interesting outfit than I can wear at school. I'll meet you guys there."

Oh okay, yeah. Like I said, it may be hard to find us when we are there.

7th son of sons
2015-12-24, 12:13 PM
Probably not, but it may be difficult to find us inside.

I think it will be easier than you think, Amelie replied with a smile. La fille aux cheveux rouges is a very specific request out here

Lentrax
2015-12-24, 01:18 PM
Sara might be able to, but I don't speak French.

7th son of sons
2015-12-24, 01:48 PM
Oh yes, Amelie said with a small giggle, of course. i only meant that Red hair is uncommon. You stand out.

Illven
2015-12-24, 02:40 PM
A limo? Geez, what are you, like loaded or something?

Quite. The king family is one of the richest in Japan. The world really. Warren answers.

ORione
2015-12-24, 04:24 PM
"Are you offering a ride?" Mio asked Warren.

Illven
2015-12-24, 04:31 PM
"Are you offering a ride?" Mio asked Warren.

If you want one. Warren replies with a nod.

7th son of sons
2015-12-24, 04:45 PM

As fun as that sounds, I will have to decline. I have to be on my way to the comic book convention. I'm sure mi pere won't mind taking me after he gets off work. I will see you there, then. Ciao. Amelie says with a bow of her head before waking off.

ORione
2015-12-24, 10:56 PM

"Yes, thank you."

Lentrax
2015-12-26, 08:49 PM
The convention center is huge. Incredibly so.

And there are computers on display that defy rational explanation. From a computer large enough to walk around in (which is encouraged) to a computer so small you need to use a microscope just to see it. Computers that render detail so precise, so detailed, that the CGI booth babes are indistinguishable from the real ones.

And there are video games. New games, old games running on new hardware, Virtual Reality, motion sensors, things that even a couple of years ago were inconceivable. Jessie looks all around. She looks up, she looks down. She goes on the tour of the computer three times, dragging you all along with her.

Eventually you do all meet back together, just as Jessie is wanting to go through the giant computer again.

Illven
2015-12-26, 09:13 PM
The convention center is huge. Incredibly so.

And there are computers on display that defy rational explanation. From a computer large enough to walk around in (which is encouraged) to a computer so small you need to use a microscope just to see it. Computers that render detail so precise, so detailed, that the CGI booth babes are indistinguishable from the real ones.

And there are video games. New games, old games running on new hardware, Virtual Reality, motion sensors, things that even a couple of years ago were inconceivable. Jessie looks all around. She looks up, she looks down. She goes on the tour of the computer three times, dragging you all along with her.

Eventually you do all meet back together, just as Jessie is wanting to go through the giant computer again.

Warren who has found a newfound appreciation for computers. Or a appreciation for the gorgeous redhead that likes computers is currently now decked out in the latest and most expensive tech.

Um. Uh? Help? He pipes up trying to get VI scheduler to function.

7th son of sons
2015-12-27, 05:41 AM
Warren who has found a newfound appreciation for computers. Or a appreciation for the gorgeous redhead that likes computers is currently now decked out in the latest and most expensive tech.

Um. Uh? Help? He pipes up trying to get VI scheduler to function.

A small giggle can be heard just over Warren's shoulder as a small, pale hand reaches out to help him. When my mother was working for
la famille des régents, they showed me much about using these. Amelie said dreamily as she navigated the menus, Said that une jolie fille devrait être assez intelligent. She smiled to herself, remembering days past, momentarily forgetting she was helping anyone at all

Esprit15
2015-12-27, 08:52 AM
So maybe it wasn't ever clearly explained to Tomoko that the convention wasn't a Comicon style convention, but the girl doesn't even seem red faced at the attention that her new outfit garners (what little of it there is). Still going with the Senketsu outfit, though not the same mundane version she wore to school.

"Hm, there are more computers and fewer comic booths than I expected," she says to Jessie as she comes across the group.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-27, 12:29 PM
Mei instinctively moves in to help Warren, though the French girl gets there first. She ends up just watching as Amelie shows Warren how to work it, though her gaze drifts a little too far downwards to be paying attention to the computer.

So maybe it wasn't ever clearly explained to Tomoko that the convention wasn't a Comicon style convention, but the girl doesn't even seem red faced at the attention that her new outfit garners (what little of it there is). Still going with the Senketsu outfit, though not the same mundane version she wore to school.

"Hm, there are more computers and fewer comic booths than I expected," she says to Jessie as she comes across the group.

Tomoko's statement snaps Mei out of her ogling as she looks up and blushes, "Um, yes, well, it's a c-computer and tech show, not really a manga convention. Um, I, uh, have a spare outfit if you want to change out of... that." she adds, looking down at the floor as her blush deepens even further.

Illven
2015-12-27, 12:30 PM
A small giggle can be heard just over Warren's shoulder as a small, pale hand reaches out to help him. When my mother was working for
la famille des régents, they showed me much about using these. Amelie said dreamily as she navigated the menus, Said that une jolie fille devrait être assez intelligent. She smiled to herself, remembering days past, momentarily forgetting she was helping anyone at all

Umm.... Can you show me that again? Warren piped up hopefully.

7th son of sons
2015-12-27, 03:18 PM
Umm.... Can you show me that again? Warren piped up hopefully.

Hmmm...? Amelie said, remembering again where she was and what she was doing O-oh yes, Monsieur King. It is simple when you get the hand of it. She says with a smile, slowly walking him through the menus and options of the Scheduler

Esprit15
2015-12-27, 04:50 PM
Mei instinctively moves in to help Warren, though the French girl gets there first. She ends up just watching as Amelie shows Warren how to work it, though her gaze drifts a little too far downwards to be paying attention to the computer.

Tomoko's statement snaps Mei out of her ogling as she looks up and blushes, "Um, yes, well, it's a c-computer and tech show, not really a manga convention. Um, I, uh, have a spare outfit if you want to change out of... that." she adds, looking down at the floor as her blush deepens even further.

The girl tilts her head as though Mei asked her to remove her own skin. "Why would I want to change?"

ORione
2015-12-27, 05:00 PM
Mio stood behind Warren and Amelie and listened to the latter's explanations.

Illven
2015-12-27, 05:18 PM
Hmmm...? Amelie said, remembering again where she was and what she was doing O-oh yes, Monsieur King. It is simple when you get the hand of it. She says with a smile, slowly walking him through the menus and options of the Scheduler

Awesome! Warren beamed at Amelie. Thanks! He says hugging her.

7th son of sons
2015-12-27, 05:54 PM
Awesome! Warren beamed at Amelie. Thanks! He says hugging her.

Amelie instinctively eeped back from the touch at first, before realizing that Warren was only being friendly. Y-yes, of course. A-anything for a f-f-friend.She said with a smile as she blushed lightly. Though j'imagine there is not much I could help you with, Monsier King

Illven
2015-12-27, 06:05 PM
Amelie instinctively eeped back from the touch at first, before realizing that Warren was only being friendly. Y-yes, of course. A-anything for a f-f-friend.She said with a smile as she blushed lightly. Though j'imagine there is not much I could help you with, Monsier King

"Oh. I'm sorry. Should I not touch you as well?" Warren asked concerned.

7th son of sons
2015-12-27, 06:31 PM
"Oh. I'm sorry. Should I not touch you as well?" Warren asked concerned.

O-Oh, no, it's... it's truly quite alright, Amelie said, a tad bit flustered. It was just... inattendu. A surprise. B-but a nice gesture, She said with a smile, hugging him lightly.

Illven
2015-12-27, 07:11 PM
O-Oh, no, it's... it's truly quite alright, Amelie said, a tad bit flustered. It was just... inattendu. A surprise. B-but a nice gesture, She said with a smile, hugging him lightly.

Well again, thank you for your kind help of my technoinability. Warren beams at her.

Lentrax
2015-12-27, 08:16 PM
It is at that point that you are interrupted by an exclamation from Jessie. What! This is incredible! Have you seen this!?

She is holding up a flyer and waving around fast enough you can't actually read what it says.

Augmented Reality! Truly immersive virtual worlds! Maybe We can get Everquest remade! And then actually live there!

Illven
2015-12-27, 08:33 PM
It is at that point that you are interrupted by an exclamation from Jessie. What! This is incredible! Have you seen this!?

She is holding up a flyer and waving around fast enough you can't actually read what it says.

Augmented Reality! Truly immersive virtual worlds! Maybe We can get Everquest remade! And then actually live there!

Everquest? Warren replies grabbing the other half of the flyer to hold it still and read it.

ORione
2015-12-27, 08:34 PM
"That sounds interesting," said Mio. "How would we eat and drink in a virtual world? I doubt that virtual food would be nutritious."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-27, 09:55 PM
The girl tilts her head as though Mei asked her to remove her own skin. "Why would I want to change?"

Mei looked down at the floor, "Um, I just thought... it l-looks kind of cold. And revealing. Not quite appropiate for a public place like this."

That said, Mei was still stealing glances at the outfit on occasion.

"Really?" Mei asked, turning around to look at the flyer, "Is that, um... is that something we can actually try out right now?"

7th son of sons
2015-12-27, 10:13 PM
Virtual Reality! Amelie shouted, nearly as excited as Jessie. Fully realized virtual interactions with both programs and others! C'est parfait! Do you really think that it will work?

Lentrax
2015-12-27, 10:30 PM
Everquest? Warren replies grabbing the other half of the flyer to hold it still and read it.

MMO. Good one.

The part of the flyer you can read says:

Akihiko, creator of the revolutionary new technology, will be unveiling the technical demo of his marvel of computer bioware today.

"That sounds interesting," said Mio. "How would we eat and drink in a virtual world? I doubt that virtual food would be nutritious."

Stick a feeding tube in me. I'll get out of this world for a year or two.

Mei looked down at the floor, "Um, I just thought... it l-looks kind of cold. And revealing. Not quite appropiate for a public place like this."

That said, Mei was still stealing glances at the outfit on occasion.

"Really?" Mei asked, turning around to look at the flyer, "Is that, um... is that something we can actually try out right now?"

Dunno. Doesn't say on the flier. We could go check it out though.

Virtual Reality! Amelie shouted, nearly as excited as Jessie. Fully realized virtual interactions with both programs and others! C'est parfait! Do you really think that it will work?

I don't know. Something we would have to wait and see, I suppose.

Illven
2015-12-27, 10:31 PM
Stick a feeding tube in me. I'll get out of this world for a year or two.

Isn't a year an awfully long time? Warren asks concerned.

ORione
2015-12-27, 11:26 PM

"That does sound like fun."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-27, 11:28 PM

"Um, I would really like that," Mei said with a smile, "Doesn't it sound like fun, Warren?"

7th son of sons
2015-12-27, 11:52 PM
I don't know. Something we would have to wait and see, I suppose.

I would very much like to experience such a wonder. If my... shows are any sort of credible, such a technology could be quite the experience. Amelie said, clasping her hands in front of her.

Esprit15
2015-12-28, 12:01 AM
"I wonder what they're going to use as a demo."

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 05:20 PM
Isn't a year an awfully long time? Warren asks concerned.

Who cares? Virtual people are better to deal with than real ones.

Illven
2015-12-28, 05:31 PM
Who cares? Virtual people are better to deal with than real ones.

Well then, I suppose we can go check it out. Warren relented.

He seemed nervous for some reason.

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 05:44 PM
Yeah. Let's get going. I don't want to miss this.

You all head to where the demo is supposed to be presented, but find that it is in a hall that is blocked from public access. Jessie seems disheartened, and goes to see if another door is open, but to no avail.

What's the point of putting fliers out for something if people can't get in?

Illven
2015-12-28, 05:46 PM
Yeah. Let's get going. I don't want to miss this.

You all head to where the demo is supposed to be presented, but find that it is in a hall that is blocked from public access. Jessie seems disheartened, and goes to see if another door is open, but to no avail.

What's the point of putting fliers out for something if people can't get in?

I could bribe a security guard. Warren offers. Or what are the qualifications for entry? He asks reaching for the flier.

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 06:05 PM
Jessie doesn't have the flier anymore, but a passerby speaks up.

"It's just open for the press."

7th son of sons
2015-12-28, 06:51 PM
I do not imagine school yearbook club would suffice, Amelie states, half joking, as she looked about the area for some other means of entrance.

Esprit15
2015-12-28, 07:10 PM
"Hm... How hard would you guess it to be to sneak into the back?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-28, 09:02 PM
"Oh," Mei said with a frown, "That's a shame... I wanted to see how good it was."

"Why is it only open to the press?" she asks the passerby.

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 10:19 PM

[Skill check D6]

"Oh," Mei said with a frown, "That's a shame... I wanted to see how good it was."

"Why is it only open to the press?" she asks the passerby.

The passerby shrugged. "Industry does it sometimes. They just want professionals writing about it, so they only invite the professionals to see it. Generates more interest, I suppose."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-28, 10:32 PM
The passerby shrugged. "Industry does it sometimes. They just want professionals writing about it, so they only invite the professionals to see it. Generates more interest, I suppose."

"Oh," Mei said with a frown, "I suppose that makes sense... is there any way for the common person to find out what's going on in there though? Right now, I mean."

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 10:56 PM
"Sure," the passerby says with a hint of sarcasm. "Genius is showing off his work. I mean, that is the point of having a demonstration at all, right?"

ORione
2015-12-28, 10:56 PM
"Surely they must be opening it up someday," said Mio. "We could keep our eyes open for news."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-28, 11:01 PM
"Yeah, I suppose we'll have to..." Mei said with a frown, "Is there anything else interesting around here?"

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 11:21 PM

There... doesn't seem to be a back door. Which is probably against some fire code somewhere. Not that that helps you at all here...

Esprit15
2015-12-28, 11:26 PM
Of course, plot may demand that the group not be able to enter, treating this more as a chance to show off Jessie's side interests. Although... Tomoko heads back to the security.

"You know, publicity and hype would be a lot better if they had a little bit of unofficial coverage. What's the harm in letting a few girls in, hm?" she asks one of the men blocking the way, stretching to show off her assets.

ORione
2015-12-28, 11:29 PM
Mio supports Tomoko's request with, "We would be careful and not touch anything fragile, sir."

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 11:32 PM
Of course, plot may demand that the group not be able to enter, treating this more as a chance to show off Jessie's side interests. Although... Tomoko heads back to the security.

"You know, publicity and hype would be a lot better if they had a little bit of unofficial coverage. What's the harm in letting a few girls in, hm?" she asks one of the men blocking the way, stretching to show off her assets.

Mio supports Tomoko's request with, "We would be careful and not touch anything fragile, sir."

The security guard crosses his arms. "Not my decision to make. We were just told press only. You got a problem with that, I suggest taking it up with someone else."

7th son of sons
2015-12-28, 11:40 PM
A-and wh-who would we n-n-need to talk too, sir? Amelie said, looking up at the men, more than a little afraid.

Esprit15
2015-12-28, 11:50 PM
More frowning. Nope, not that kind of story. Hm... "You know, we'd be out of your hair a lot faster if you pointed us the way to someone who could help us."

Lentrax
2015-12-28, 11:58 PM
"Why you want in so bad? There's a whole convention of this kind of technical crap out there. Jut go find something else."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-29, 12:01 AM
"B-But it's virtual reality," Mei said, "It's probably the most exciting, science-fiction-y thing here! Of course we want to see it! We're not even sure if it's the real deal or not."

7th son of sons
2015-12-29, 12:12 AM
Amelie audibly gasped, as if offended. Monsieurs! I assure you, augmented reality is far more interesting than anything else on this floor. It is l'avenir! I-It is science that scientists have only hoped for! There's... there's nothing else like it! It's, au sens propre a whole new world!

Esprit15
2015-12-29, 12:14 AM
"Why you want in so bad? There's a whole convention of this kind of technical crap out there. Jut go find something else."

"Spoken like a background character. Like the others said, the guy claimed to have augmented reality, we wanted to see. Why announce it if you're not letting the populace in to see it too? It's terrible marketing. Heck, we could probably make a lot more negative accusations at the secrecy..." She flips of a phone from nowhere and begins typing. "Rough draft: As we all know, there's a little too much friendliness between the console and gaming industry and their associated news outlets. It would seem that the same fate shall befall augmented reality before it even begins, as one of the first groups to get a working product without exception banned anyone that was not specifically chosen by them, no doubt chosen by who accepted funding..."

Lentrax
2015-12-29, 11:00 AM
The guard sighed. Obviously these girls were nuts for this crap and won't leave him alone until he does something. So he sighs again.

"Look. You want in there? Fine. Just do anything stupid, and don't blame me if you get your butts kicked out for being obviously underage. And someone will notice you. You've made that pretty obvious."

Esprit15
2015-12-29, 12:23 PM
Just do anything stupid, and don't blame me if you get your butts kicked out for being obviously underage.

"See, Jessie? Just takes a little persuasion."

Illven
2015-12-29, 01:28 PM
"See, Jessie? Just takes a little persuasion."

Good job Tomoko. Warren replied.

7th son of sons
2015-12-29, 03:26 PM
Amelie smiled wide and clasped her hands together. Charmant! Merci beaucoup, Monsieurs! She said cheerily. Je suis tellement excitée , je suis sans voix !

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-29, 03:50 PM
"Thank you, sir," Mei said with a bow, before following the others inside. It would be a lie to say that she did't have some excitement of her own about seeing this virtual reality machine. Assuming it was the real deal, of course.

ORione
2015-12-29, 03:52 PM
"Thank you." Mio nodded to the security guard as she walked in.

Lentrax
2015-12-31, 02:46 AM
Scene 4

The inside of the room is packed full of people. People who are more readily apparent to be members of the press.

Even Jessie looks more like she belongs than most of you. And you are already drawing attention to yourselves. And the more people whisper and point, the more people look over and point and whisper. Until eventually, the whispers become talk. And the talk is that you don't belong here. Which, to be fair, you don't. But Jessie seems really interested in virtual and augmented reality, and so you forced your way in.

The trick is convincing all these members of the press that you are legitimately there for legitimate reasons.

How do you do it? Or at least, how do you get Jessie to be able to stay, if you can't?

Allure, and Luck: D8. +2VP
Conflict: D9. +3 VP
Skill: D9. +3 VP, unlocks scene 4b.

Two or more failures results in Scene 4c.

Esprit15
2015-12-31, 03:06 AM
Tomoko rolls her eyes as people murmer and chatter. "Sorry I'm late, just got out of another convention and drove straight here. Erin Stout, with The Escapist. Sorry Jessica, it looks like all the good seats are taken," Tomoko says, partly to the group and partly to Jessie, pulling out a fake ID and waving it just enough that it seemed legitimate. Seriously, where were these pockets that she pulled stuff from? "Now rather than gawk, how about we focus on what is important - the reason we are all here. I'm sure everyone is curious to see if this is the next big thing or if it's just going to be another fad, so how about rather than acting surprised at a few girls showing up you get back to your own jobs of reporting."
Huh? What? (Skill)

Allure (+1), Shameless (+2), Cosplay (+2), Moe (+1)

7th son of sons
2015-12-31, 10:15 AM
Amelie looked at the large crowd, a small blush on her face, before realizing that a lot of those "doesn't believe" talks were directed towards HER! She needed a way to blend in with the crowd, and it seemed as though Tomoko had just the idea. Amelie adjusted her costumes tie and pulled a set of fake glasses (for emergency professionalism) from her pocket, putting them on before taking a seat, a (drawing) notebook in hand, as though taking notes. Ah, Bonsoir efferyone, She said with fake confidence, getting as French an accent as she could manage, sounding particularly exotic. So sorry to be late, but now I have arrived, non?Comment dites-vous... Bettah late zen nevah? Zoe, I am sent in all ze way from Paris to see demonstration of zis technologie, and yet you mumble about me like zee.... like ze schoolgirls? I must say, I sought zat Tokyo would be a bit more professional zen zis. Dahlings, she said, motioning to the rest of the fake attendees. You may take zees spots, zey seem to be open for un peu plus. She finished, kicking up one of her heels and crossing her legs in the seat, looking over her glasses half seductively and half accusingly.

Strong Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2), Shameless (+2), Quaint Greeting (+1) = +7

ORione
2015-12-31, 12:04 PM
Mio cleared her throat. "Ah, thank you for coming, ladies and gentlemen. While I am not one of the creators of this technology, I am here to give you some information on the principles behind it." She hoped she could bluff her way through this. What was it they were talking about in science class? Oh, yes. Mio launched into a technobabble-laden monologue.

Strong Skill + Deep Freeze + Poker Face + Honor Student = 7

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-31, 07:00 PM
Mei wasn't the best liar out there, that was for damn sure. What she was, however, was an expert at looking like just another person in the crowd, even if her ethnicity usually made her stick out like a sore thumb. However, this ended up working in her favor for once rather than a detriment, as the international interest in the device meant that, like Amelie, she could very easily pass for a foreign correspondent.

Unlike Amelie though, she didn't really speak up to intentionally do so, instead meekly sitting down in a spot that, ironically enough, was reserved for another reporter, a mistake she wouldn't have had the courage to make, had she been able to properly read the sign on the chair as 'Reserved' rather than 'Guest' like she assumed it was.

Illven
2015-12-31, 07:56 PM
Warren sighs as his body arches with energy.

No one expects the surprise adept. He heard once in his life. They all expected the wizard, or a cleric, or even a druid bear storm.

He wasn't sure what those things were, but he knew what to do. And that was important.

Thank you. Did you already conduct the interview, or is that still open. Warren said to Amelie

And pictures, we need pictures, from every angle, I want our readers to feel like it could jump off the page at them.

Skill. Less is more to copy Amelie's mod.

Lentrax
2016-01-01, 09:42 AM
Amelie looked at the large crowd, a small blush on her face, before realizing that a lot of those "doesn't believe" talks were directed towards HER! She needed a way to blend in with the crowd, and it seemed as though Tomoko had just the idea. Amelie adjusted her costumes tie and pulled a set of fake glasses (for emergency professionalism) from her pocket, putting them on before taking a seat, a (drawing) notebook in hand, as though taking notes. Ah, Bonsoir efferyone, She said with fake confidence, getting as French an accent as she could manage, sounding particularly exotic. So sorry to be late, but now I have arrived, non?Comment dites-vous... Bettah late zen nevah? Zoe, I am sent in all ze way from Paris to see demonstration of zis technologie, and yet you mumble about me like zee.... like ze schoolgirls? I must say, I sought zat Tokyo would be a bit more professional zen zis. Dahlings, she said, motioning to the rest of the fake attendees. You may take zees spots, zey seem to be open for un peu plus. She finished, kicking up one of her heels and crossing her legs in the seat, looking over her glasses half seductively and half accusingly.

Strong Allure (+1), Moe Enthusiast (+1), Cosplay Enthusiast (+2), Shameless (+2), Quaint Greeting (+1) = +7

Amelie sits down in a seat, and as she talks, sees that many people have taken their attention away from her. Almost everyone that is, except the middle aged man sitting next to her. He has seemed to have taken great interest in her.

"Your group does look a bit odd for professionals, you know." He places a hand on Amelie's thigh in a familiar way, like he has known the girl for years. "But not you. Why don't we meet up later for a drink and go over notes from the trade show? We'll both get better articles for it."

Warren sighs as his body arches with energy.

No one expects the surprise adept. He heard once in his life. They all expected the wizard, or a cleric, or even a druid bear storm.

He wasn't sure what those things were, but he knew what to do. And that was important.

Thank you. Did you already conduct the interview, or is that still open. Warren said to Amelie

And pictures, we need pictures, from every angle, I want our readers to feel like it could jump off the page at them.

Skill. Less is more to copy Amelie's mod.

Warren, hs attention focused on Amelie, doesn't notice Jessie taking her seat next to him, but when he is done speaking he hears her next to him.

Oh, yeah. Different angles from a single chair. Oh, and she is doing the reporter bit, so you may want to try a different route.

Tomoko rolls her eyes as people murmer and chatter. "Sorry I'm late, just got out of another convention and drove straight here. Erin Stout, with The Escapist. Sorry Jessica, it looks like all the good seats are taken," Tomoko says, partly to the group and partly to Jessie, pulling out a fake ID and waving it just enough that it seemed legitimate. Seriously, where were these pockets that she pulled stuff from? "Now rather than gawk, how about we focus on what is important - the reason we are all here. I'm sure everyone is curious to see if this is the next big thing or if it's just going to be another fad, so how about rather than acting surprised at a few girls showing up you get back to your own jobs of reporting."
Huh? What? (Skill)

Allure (+1), Shameless (+2), Cosplay (+2), Moe (+1)

"The Escapist, eh? Nice offices, aren't they? And how's Kevin doing?"

Mio cleared her throat. "Ah, thank you for coming, ladies and gentlemen. While I am not one of the creators of this technology, I am here to give you some information on the principles behind it." She hoped she could bluff her way through this. What was it they were talking about in science class? Oh, yes. Mio launched into a technobabble-laden monologue.

Strong Skill + Deep Freeze + Poker Face + Honor Student = 7

"Hey, look. That was a nice try, little girl, but I am pretty sure that a lot of your little speech came from the latest Star Trek movie. Which frankly, had problems of its own, but still. Next time, you should just keep it to yourself and leave the lying to your friends who seem to be doing a better job. And it looks like someone is calling security."

Mei wasn't the best liar out there, that was for damn sure. What she was, however, was an expert at looking like just another person in the crowd, even if her ethnicity usually made her stick out like a sore thumb. However, this ended up working in her favor for once rather than a detriment, as the international interest in the device meant that, like Amelie, she could very easily pass for a foreign correspondent.

Unlike Amelie though, she didn't really speak up to intentionally do so, instead meekly sitting down in a spot that, ironically enough, was reserved for another reporter, a mistake she wouldn't have had the courage to make, had she been able to properly read the sign on the chair as 'Reserved' rather than 'Guest' like she assumed it was.

"Excuse me, miss. But you seem to have taken my seat." The voice comes from a woman whom you recognize from television. "Oh, and if I were you, I would gather up the rest of your friends and get out of here. Security is doing a sweep of the room checking credentials. Seems that someone told them there were a bunch of interlopers in here."

7th son of sons
2016-01-01, 10:21 AM
Amelie sits down in a seat, and as she talks, sees that many people have taken their attention away from her. Almost everyone that is, except the middle aged man sitting next to her. He has seemed to have taken great interest in her.

"Your group does look a bit odd for professionals, you know." He places a hand on Amelie's thigh in a familiar way, like he has known the girl for years. "But not you. Why don't we meet up later for a drink and go over notes from the trade show? We'll both get better articles for it."

Although she was screaming internally at the sensation of the stranger's hand on her legs, Amelie did all she could to remain in character. Ze Monseur presumes much, it vould seem. Some sings nevah change, I soopose. How very unfortunit for us bose zat I am unallowed to drink vile on buisiness. Amelie's ears perked up as she heard the television woman talking about checking credentials, and rose to her feet. Vell, vell, très malchanceux. I vas hoping zat my appearance and zis rediculous accent vould be enough, but I seem to have lost my ID. Ah, c'est la vie. It seems I must be making the away. Right now.

Esprit15
2016-01-01, 10:47 AM
"If you don't believe a lie, you can just tell me to my face. Quizzing me is simply rude," Tomoko says with a small glare. "It is absolutely ridiculous that they advertised this despite closing it to the public. It's an awful way to generate interest in a product, and it would be a shame to see such an amazing potential market killed by secrecy and dishonest coverage." Without further comment, Tomoko steps out of her own accord, not wanting to deal with the security from earlier.

Lentrax
2016-01-01, 11:03 AM
Although she was screaming internally at the sensation of the stranger's hand on her legs, Amelie did all she could to remain in character. Ze Monseur presumes much, it vould seem. Some sings nevah change, I soopose. How very unfortunit for us bose zat I am unallowed to drink vile on buisiness. Amelie's ears perked up as she heard the television woman talking about checking credentials, and rose to her feet. Vell, vell, très malchanceux. I vas hoping zat my appearance and zis rediculous accent vould be enough, but I seem to have lost my ID. Ah, c'est la vie. It seems I must be making the away. Right now.

"Hey, look. How about meeting me later anyway. For dinner? My treat."

"If you don't believe a lie, you can just tell me to my face. Quizzing me is simply rude," Tomoko says with a small glare. "It is absolutely ridiculous that they advertised this despite closing it to the public. It's an awful way to generate interest in a product, and it would be a shame to see such an amazing potential market killed by secrecy and dishonest coverage." Without further comment, Tomoko steps out of her own accord, not wanting to deal with the security from earlier.

"Nah. That was cool. What was rude was Trying to pass yourself off as someone from my office. And honestly, girl. Have you ever been to a trade show? This is a technical demo only. They don't want it open to the public in case something goes wrong. Because the public is far less forgiving, and more rumor mongering than we are. And Kayaba Akihiko is a damn genius. i doubt any of us here would give a bad preview of something doesn't go right because of how revolutionary and how huge a leap forward it is."

ORione
2016-01-01, 12:27 PM
"Hey, look. That was a nice try, little girl, but I am pretty sure that a lot of your little speech came from the latest Star Trek movie. Which frankly, had problems of its own, but still. Next time, you should just keep it to yourself and leave the lying to your friends who seem to be doing a better job. And it looks like someone is calling security."

Mio looked around. "So they are. Thank you for letting me know."

She headed towards the exit. On the way, she passed Jessie and said, "I have to go now. I'll see you later."

Esprit15
2016-01-01, 01:52 PM
"What loser calls himself cool?" Tomoko says (loudly) to herself as she casually flips the guy off while walking away. Whelp, back to planning horrible things to write about him online, then spread them around the Internet.

Illven
2016-01-01, 02:13 PM
Reporters need pictures too. Warren protested sitting down next to her.

So, how are you doing?

7th son of sons
2016-01-01, 03:19 PM
"Hey, look. How about meeting me later anyway. For dinner? My treat."

I uhm... I vill consider it. Amelie informed the man, internally set on very much not doing that, clicking her pen. And vis whom am I speaking to?

The TechnoGnome
2016-01-01, 09:48 PM
"Excuse me, miss. But you seem to have taken my seat." The voice comes from a woman whom you recognize from television. "Oh, and if I were you, I would gather up the rest of your friends and get out of here. Security is doing a sweep of the room checking credentials. Seems that someone told them there were a bunch of interlopers in here."

Mei gets a genuine look of panic on her face. She was in trouble, that was already certain. She almost listened to the woman and bolted from the room, but she didn't want to abandon Warren in case his antics got them in trouble. So she compromised, and told the truth. Technically.

"I am so sorry," she said, playing up her Middle Eastern accent as much as she could, "I am still learning how to read kanji, and I didn't realize the seat was reserved for you." She pointed to Warren and Amelie, "I am with those two. We are from out of the country, and came here to see the tech demo. I will be sure to let my boss about the credentials so he can deal with security."

With that, she calmly made her way over to Warren and whispered, "Sir, someone called security. They are asking for people's credentials in order to make sure they belong here. We need to leave or do something before they end up asking us."

Lentrax
2016-01-02, 11:57 AM
"What loser calls himself cool?" Tomoko says (loudly) to herself as she casually flips the guy off while walking away. Whelp, back to planning horrible things to write about him online, then spread them around the Internet.

Tomorrow walks out of the hall, still insulting everyone in the room and talking about the horrible things she intends to do, when she collides with someone who was carrying a box of something that sounded like it wasn't in one piece anymore.

Reporters need pictures too. Warren protested sitting down next to her.

So, how are you doing?

Dont get too comfy, we gotta go. Jessie gets up from her seat and starts heading for the door before security gets to them.

I uhm... I vill consider it. Amelie informed the man, internally set on very much not doing that, clicking her pen. And vis whom am I speaking to?

"Tashima Kuriba, Tokyo Tech Weekly. It was nice to meet you, miss."

Mei gets a genuine look of panic on her face. She was in trouble, that was already certain. She almost listened to the woman and bolted from the room, but she didn't want to abandon Warren in case his antics got them in trouble. So she compromised, and told the truth. Technically.

"I am so sorry," she said, playing up her Middle Eastern accent as much as she could, "I am still learning how to read kanji, and I didn't realize the seat was reserved for you." She pointed to Warren and Amelie, "I am with those two. We are from out of the country, and came here to see the tech demo. I will be sure to let my boss about the credentials so he can deal with security."

With that, she calmly made her way over to Warren and whispered, "Sir, someone called security. They are asking for people's credentials in order to make sure they belong here. We need to leave or do something before they end up asking us."

"Oh, don't worry about it," the woman says. "It took me quite some time to learn Japanese myself. But considering how many technical advancements come out of this country, it was well worth it. Work hard at it, and you should do fine."

Esprit15
2016-01-02, 01:28 PM
"Oh shoot!" Tomoko says, scrambling to pick the box up and hand it back to its owner. "I hope I did t break anything..."

7th son of sons
2016-01-02, 06:37 PM
"Tashima Kuriba, Tokyo Tech Weekly. It was nice to meet you, miss."

Enchante, Monsieur Kuriba, Amelie said as she began to make her way from the room. Perhaps ve shall zee oneanozer anozer time!

The TechnoGnome
2016-01-02, 07:53 PM
"Oh, don't worry about it," the woman says. "It took me quite some time to learn Japanese myself. But considering how many technical advancements come out of this country, it was well worth it. Work hard at it, and you should do fine."

"Oh, I am," she said, "I am quite fluent in the spoken language, but kanji are tricky. I find it easier to write in Arabic or even English when I can get away with it."

She frowned for a second, then said, "Um, this may be forward of me, but I feel like I've seen you somewhere before... not in person of course, but on TV."

Lentrax
2016-01-03, 11:49 AM
"Oh shoot!" Tomoko says, scrambling to pick the box up and hand it back to its owner. "I hope I did t break anything..."

"It should be fine. I just hope... Were you leaving the tech demo? Did I miss it, are people already leaving?"

Enchante, Monsieur Kuriba, Amelie said as she began to make her way from the room. Perhaps ve shall zee oneanozer anozer time!

"Maybe we will. Good bye."

"Oh, I am," she said, "I am quite fluent in the spoken language, but kanji are tricky. I find it easier to write in Arabic or even English when I can get away with it."

She frowned for a second, then said, "Um, this may be forward of me, but I feel like I've seen you somewhere before... not in person of course, but on TV."

"You may have. I do a few technical pieces for large news networks, CNN, the BBC. But now isn't the time for a chat. You should go. Here," she says, handing Mei a card. "Call me later. That's my private line."

"Oh! I don't even know your name!"

Esprit15
2016-01-03, 02:09 PM
"Well... I wasn't exactly invited... One of my friends saw that this was going to be here, and when we saw it was closed off to the public, tried to sneak in..." Tomoko says, blushing a bit.

Lentrax
2016-01-03, 03:23 PM
"Oh, good. I'm not too late then. I was hoping that wasn't the case. I can't believe I got that far behind. But you probably know how it is. Anyway. I should get in there. Sorry you can't get in yourself, though from the sounds of it, you don't care for this stuff anyway."

Esprit15
2016-01-03, 03:50 PM
"I don't, but my friend does, and she seemed really disappointed that it wasn't open to the public. Is there any way that she could get in at least? One teenager wouldn't do any harm, would it? She really seems to know her stuff about this."

Lentrax
2016-01-04, 12:57 AM
"Well, I'm really not supposed to. I don't think I should bend the rules. But, I'll make you a deal. I'm going to go get this set up. If you send your friend back to see me, and she knows what she is talking about. Then I suppose I could let it slide."

Illven
2016-01-04, 01:16 AM
So Jessie, did you like what little you saw? Warren asked brightly.

Lentrax
2016-01-04, 02:11 AM
There wasn't anything there. He hasn't shown up yet, or had anything set for a demonstration at all. So, no. I can't say I did.

Esprit15
2016-01-04, 02:17 AM
"Jessie!" Tomoko calls, running back in. "The guy said to talk to him! He might be willing to let you stay for the presentation! Hey Jessie!"

7th son of sons
2016-01-04, 02:25 AM
Amelie skirted from the demonstration room, her eyes vigilant for any further elder men of questionable morals. Even still, she was glad to have helped Jessie, as little, it seemed, as she had managed. Every little bit counts, as they said. And knowing Jessie was interested in virtual reality opened up all manner of... possibilities... she thought lewdly, her face brightening as she looked for somewhere her classmates would be able to see her.

Illven
2016-01-04, 02:51 AM
There wasn't anything there. He hasn't shown up yet, or had anything set for a demonstration at all. So, no. I can't say I did.

Is there anything I can do to help? Warren replies.

Lentrax
2016-01-04, 03:23 AM
Is there anything I can do to help? Warren replies.

No. And now the day is just a bust. If I leave now, I can still go home and get-

"Jessie!" Tomoko calls, running back in. "The guy said to talk to him! He might be willing to let you stay for the presentation! Hey Jessie!"

What guy? What are you talking about?

Esprit15
2016-01-04, 03:29 AM
"The presenter guy! The one you came to see! I bumped into him on the way out and explained what happened and told him how smart you were and that you were super excited to come here and that you were crushed when we weren't allowed in so we snuck in and got caught and we're getting kicked out and now I'm repeating myself but the point is you should go talk to him in the back so you can wow him with how smart you are and he'll let you stay for the presentation!" Tomoko says, talking at a mile a minute and sounding particularly chipper.

The TechnoGnome
2016-01-04, 05:39 AM
"You may have. I do a few technical pieces for large news networks, CNN, the BBC. But now isn't the time for a chat. You should go. Here," she says, handing Mei a card. "Call me later. That's my private line."

"Oh! I don't even know your name!"

"Oh! My name!" Mei stammered, trying to think on her feet as she took the card, "Um, it's N-Nasira. Thank you for the card, um..."

Lentrax
2016-01-04, 05:17 PM
"The presenter guy! The one you came to see! I bumped into him on the way out and explained what happened and told him how smart you were and that you were super excited to come here and that you were crushed when we weren't allowed in so we snuck in and got caught and we're getting kicked out and now I'm repeating myself but the point is you should go talk to him in the back so you can wow him with how smart you are and he'll let you stay for the presentation!" Tomoko says, talking at a mile a minute and sounding particularly chipper.

Oh, cool. Wait. How did you meet him?

"Oh! My name!" Mei stammered, trying to think on her feet as she took the card, "Um, it's N-Nasira. Thank you for the card, um..."

"Nadia Rosend. Get going, or you'll get in trouble."

The TechnoGnome
2016-01-04, 08:48 PM
"Nadia Rosend. Get going, or you'll get in trouble."

Mei nods, then runs off to meet up with the others. As she approaches, she hears Tomoko and Jessie talking about a mysterious man.

"What's going on?" she asks curiously.

Esprit15
2016-01-04, 09:59 PM
"I told you, bumped into him on the way out! No go, before security grabs you or he changes his mind!"

Lentrax
2016-01-05, 12:49 PM
I don't know. This sounds wrong, like a bad plot line in a comic or something.