PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need CR+0, campaign-neutral, method of making a CN Fey evil.

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-12-09, 05:54 PM
Hello again folks.

I have a fey critter (race must be held secret). It starts out as Chaotic Neutral. I would like a method other DM fiat of making it evil at first level. It cannot go mindless, increase CR, or lose arcane casting. Only official, published (online counts) WotC material. No Dragon Magazine or Compendium. It only has 50% of the Dark Creature template's abilities, and I am informed that would make using the template CR+1.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Dread_Head
2015-12-09, 06:00 PM
Unseelie Fey from Dragon Compendium is an LA (and CR) +0 template that changes alignment to evil.

The Grue
2015-12-09, 06:20 PM
Why do you need it to be evil?

Do you want it to have some evil-themed abilities, or do you just want its alignment to be evil and everything else be the same?

Tarlek Flamehai
2015-12-09, 06:38 PM
Sorry, no dragon or third party. Just official WotC (online included). I need it to be EVIL, for story reasons.

atemu1234
2015-12-09, 06:51 PM
Mind Rape.

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-09, 06:53 PM
Have it cast [evil] and or [vile] spells unrepentently

Grod_The_Giant
2015-12-09, 08:03 PM
Given that alignment is 100% arbitrary, why go book diving? Your actions are all you need to change your alignment.

The Grue
2015-12-09, 08:14 PM
Sorry, no dragon or third party. Just official WotC (online included). I need it to be EVIL, for story reasons.

So you aren't looking for any themed abilities, just the alignment to change?

In that case just change the alignment. The alignment entry given in a creature's statblock is for a generic example, and unless it says "every single one of these creatures is this alignment" then an individual specimin can be any alignment. If the book says "chaotic neutral" that just means that these Fey creatures tend to be chaotic neutral more often than any other alignment, not that every single one is CN.

If you really, really want a 100% spelled-out-in-the-book solution, just say that an Evil character cast Atonement (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/atonement.htm) and picked "Redemption or Temptation" before the game starts. Fundamentally the same as "DM fiat", but now you can lie to yourself and say that you didn't use fiat.

ShurikVch
2015-12-10, 01:51 PM
How about the CR +1?