PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Yuri harem IC 11. Turned up to eleven

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Illven
2015-12-09, 11:06 PM
Tanya lets out an unsteady breath. "P-probably 'bout as good as can be expected. I-I'll need to see the nurse, make sure the scratches can't get infected. And get another ice pack," she adds as an afterthought.

"M-mostly I'm worried about her," she says, nodding at Cat. "She may be scum, but I don't wanna see anyone hurt like that. Especially not when she's got the debate today..."

She frowns holding her arms close to her chest uncomfortably. "I... I was bluffing about hurtin' her. Mostly..." she said quietly, as much to herself as to the lunch lady. "I kinda wanted to do somethin' to make her listen, to make her leave you alone, but I wouldn't'a actually tried to knock her out... I sure never wanted anything like this..."

You hear a pop, which confuses Jennifer, as the rib moves back under the skin.

Okay. I think you're better... Just don't stress test that. Jen replied.

Catherine turns to Jen.

"You should totally be like Mal's bodyguard!" She says hyped up from the adrenaline.

The Lunch aide nods in understanding.

"Yeah, there's a difference between a slap, and a rib breaking kick."

"...can I be home schooled?" Alex asks meekly, shivering as she curls up around herself.

"No, Alex." Mrs.Edward replies.

Illven
2015-12-09, 11:11 PM
Mallory leaned into the hug, clearly upset, "But... there were four or five of us against just her. W-We could have knocked her out, o-or restrained her until the police showed up, or... or something, other than just killing her like that."

"And then what?" Ms.Broderick replies. "Risk a friends life?"

"Ah, of course... Studies going well? Incantations and potions starting to become more effective?"

"Yeah. Only a tad though." Agatha replies.

"Sorry about that. I'm just now constantly worried, Alex is going to like break my arms or something."

Zevox
2015-12-09, 11:27 PM
You hear a pop, which confuses Jennifer, as the rib moves back under the skin.

Okay. I think you're better... Just don't stress test that. Jen replied.

Catherine turns to Jen.

"You should totally be like Mal's bodyguard!" She says hyped up from the adrenaline.

The Lunch aide nods in understanding.

"Yeah, there's a difference between a slap, and a rib breaking kick."
Tanya lets out a much bigger sigh of relief, and is quickly over at Jen's side, throwing her arms around her in a grateful hug. "Thank goodness! It's a damn good thing you were here, Jen! You're like a guardian angel or somethin'," she says, briefly forgetting that Jen was technically the cause of Catherine's injury. Though even once she was reminded of it, she still felt the same way, since if Jen hadn't been here, who knows what would've happened to her when Catherine jumped her.

But right, Catherine. She hesitates, very unsure how to handle the girl after that. "Look..." she starts, "You're alright now, and I'm not seriously hurt. Neither of us wants to make a big thing outta this, right? Just trouble for all of us if we do. So, how about we agree not to? You don't say anything about it to anyone that'd raise a fuss, I make up some story about gettin' these some other way when I see the nurse?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-09, 11:29 PM
"And then what?" Ms.Broderick replies. "Risk a friends life?"

"I don't know!" Mallory said, "It's just... criminals should be brought to justice, given a fair trial at the very least. And as both the daughter of lawyers and a future lawyer myself, I'm supposed to be an agent of the law, and put my personal feelings aside to make sure te system is allowed to work. But when I came face to face with an actual criminal, a dangerous criminal, I... I couldn't do that. Instead I became judge, jury and executioner on the spot. That isn't how it's supposed to work. How are people supposed to trust me, as a lawyer or a person, when I can't even live up to my own rules?"

Illven
2015-12-09, 11:33 PM
Tanya lets out a much bigger sigh of relief, and is quickly over at Jen's side, throwing her arms around her in a grateful hug. "Thank goodness! It's a damn good thing you were here, Jen! You're like a guardian angel or somethin'," she says, briefly forgetting that Jen was technically the cause of Catherine's injury. Though even once she was reminded of it, she still felt the same way, since if Jen hadn't been here, who knows what would've happened to her when Catherine jumped her.

But right, Catherine. She hesitates, very unsure how to handle the girl after that. "Look..." she starts, "You're alright now, and I'm not seriously hurt. Neither of us wants to make a big thing outta this, right? Just trouble for all of us if we do. So, how about we agree not to? You don't say anything about it to anyone that'd raise a fuss, I make up some story about gettin' these some other way when I see the nurse?"

"I wouldn't say anything." Catherine replied.

"Then my captain would try to make it a forfeit, spew more homophobic crap, and I wouldn't get to debate Malone."

"I don't know!" Mallory said, "It's just... criminals should be brought to justice, given a fair trial at the very least. And as both the daughter of lawyers and a future lawyer myself, I'm supposed to be an agent of the law, and put my personal feelings aside to make sure te system is allowed to work. But when I came face to face with an actual criminal, a dangerous criminal, I... I couldn't do that. Instead I became judge, jury and executioner on the spot. That isn't how it's supposed to work. How are people supposed to trust me, as a lawyer or a person, when I can't even live up to my own rules?"

"Yeah, sweetie. If the criminal surrenders. You have a duty to do all that." Ms.Broderick replies.

"But, she wasn't, was she?" She questions.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-09, 11:41 PM
"Yeah, sweetie. If the criminal surrenders. You have a duty to do all that." Ms.Broderick replies.

"But, she wasn't, was she?" She questions.

Mallory shook her head, "No, she didn't. But... the whole point of taking and turning Luna was to give herself a chance to get away. I don't know if she would have fought us in the first place had we not tried to stop her..."

Zevox
2015-12-09, 11:44 PM
"I wouldn't say anything." Catherine replied.

"Then my captain would try to make it a forfeit, spew more homophobic crap, and I wouldn't get to debate Malone."
"Your captain would do what?" Tanya said with a frown. "Why would he want to... oh, wait, you mean he'd try to make our team forfeit?!" she said, half-shouting in surprise as she figures out what Catherine was saying. "But I'm not on the debate team! And neither's Jen! Our team's got nothin' to do with this! Why would they hafta forfeit over it?!"

Illven
2015-12-09, 11:48 PM
Mallory shook her head, "No, she didn't. But... the whole point of taking and turning Luna was to give herself a chance to get away. I don't know if she would have fought us in the first place had we not tried to stop her..."

"And then killed her hostage?" Ms.Broderick pointed out.

"Your captain would do what?" Tanya said with a frown. "Why would he want to... oh, wait, you mean he'd try to make our team forfeit?!" she said, half-shouting in surprise as she figures out what Catherine was saying. "But I'm not on the debate team! And neither's Jen! Our team's got nothin' to do with this! Why would they hafta forfeit over it?!"

"Because you failed to provide a safe intellectual space." Catherine replied starting to get up.

Zevox
2015-12-10, 12:07 AM
"Because you failed to provide a safe intellectual space." Catherine replied starting to get up.
"A safe what now?" Tanya answered with a frown clearly still confused. But after a second, she shook her head and amended, "You know what? Forget it, doesn't matter, as long as you're not gonna say anything."

As an afterthought, she adds, "Seriously, though, don't go around harassing people anymore today. Even besides all the other reasons not to, trust me when I say Jen and I are hardly the most dangerous people you could make mad in this place." Well, Jen could be, if she wanted to, but thankfully she wasn't that kind of girl. "And most of the rest couldn't fix you up like that even if they wanted to."

Illven
2015-12-10, 12:16 AM
"A safe what now?" Tanya answered with a frown clearly still confused. But after a second, she shook her head and amended, "You know what? Forget it, doesn't matter, as long as you're not gonna say anything."

As an afterthought, she adds, "Seriously, though, don't go around harassing people anymore today. Even besides all the other reasons not to, trust me when I say Jen and I are hardly the most dangerous people you could make mad in this place." Well, Jen could be, if she wanted to, but thankfully she wasn't that kind of girl. "And most of the rest couldn't fix you up like that even if they wanted to."

"But I have to protect Malone's teammates!" Catherine protests.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-10, 12:17 AM
"No, Alex." Mrs.Edward replies.

"...I'm scared," Alex admits quietly. "Agatha really has it out for me. If she has Unholy water it's only a matter of time before she uses it on me. Or Jessica, s***!" she curses in realization. "She really hates Jessica for some reason. I mean yeah she picked on her, but it's not like I've let her pick on her since I took her under my wing or anything."

Esprit15
2015-12-10, 12:19 AM
"Yeah. Only a tad though." Agatha replies.

"Sorry about that. I'm just now constantly worried, Alex is going to like break my arms or something."

"She won't break your arms, Agatha. Especially if you stick to Nate. She'd be too busy trying to hook you two up to hurt you."

Illven
2015-12-10, 12:32 AM
"...I'm scared," Alex admits quietly. "Agatha really has it out for me. If she has Unholy water it's only a matter of time before she uses it on me. Or Jessica, s***!" she curses in realization. "She really hates Jessica for some reason. I mean yeah she picked on her, but it's not like I've let her pick on her since I took her under my wing or anything."

"Um. Alex. Some people aren't so quick to forgive and forget." Mrs.Edwards replies.

"But, if you're scared. I'll think of something."

"She won't break your arms, Agatha. Especially if you stick to Nate. She'd be too busy trying to hook you two up to hurt you."

"You sure, about that?" Agatha asks.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-10, 12:41 AM
"And then killed her hostage?" Ms.Broderick pointed out.

"W-Well, she had fully intended to turn Luna from the beginning," Mallory said, "So only in the technical sense. Luna still would have come back to life had we not intervened. B-But turning someone against their will still counts as murder, right?"

Illven
2015-12-10, 01:03 AM
"W-Well, she had fully intended to turn Luna from the beginning," Mallory said, "So only in the technical sense. Luna still would have come back to life had we not intervened. B-But turning someone against their will still counts as murder, right?"

"Look, Mallory you stopped a murderer. Isn't that a good thing?" Ms.Broderick asks.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-10, 01:15 AM
"Look, Mallory you stopped a murderer. Isn't that a good thing?" Ms.Broderick asks.

"I guess," Mallory admitted, "I just... I just wish we didn't have to kill her to do it. She deserved a trial, didn't she?"

Illven
2015-12-10, 01:16 AM
"I guess," Mallory admitted, "I just... I just wish we didn't have to kill her to do it. She deserved a trial, didn't she?"

"That's on her head, not yours, Mal. Okay?" Ms.Broderick replied.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-10, 01:32 AM
"That's on her head, not yours, Mal. Okay?" Ms.Broderick replied.

Mallory sniffled and nodded, "Yeah... okay." She still doesn't sound entirely convinced, but she's at least calmed down enough to regain her composure and normal appearence.

"Thank you, Ms. Broderick. For... well, everything. I needed to talk to someone about all of this. Especially... that. I don't think I have since it all happened and I had to legally."

Illven
2015-12-10, 02:29 AM
Mallory sniffled and nodded, "Yeah... okay." She still doesn't sound entirely convinced, but she's at least calmed down enough to regain her composure and normal appearence.

"Thank you, Ms. Broderick. For... well, everything. I needed to talk to someone about all of this. Especially... that. I don't think I have since it all happened and I had to legally."

"You had to legally talk to someone?" Ms.Broderick asked confused.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-10, 02:37 AM
"You had to legally talk to someone?" Ms.Broderick asked confused.

"Of course," Mallory said, "I had to give my testimony to the police. And I told my parents what they needed to know, in case they needed to represent me in court. I have not brought it up since. And never in such a... personal manner"

Illven
2015-12-10, 03:07 AM
"Of course," Mallory said, "I had to give my testimony to the police. And I told my parents what they needed to know, in case they needed to represent me in court. I have not brought it up since. And never in such a... personal manner"

"Oh. I thought you meant." Ms.Broderick starts. "Nevermind."

Zevox
2015-12-10, 06:52 AM
"But I have to protect Malone's teammates!" Catherine protests.
"That ain't what you were doin' and we both know it," Tanya snapped, before putting a hand to her forehead and saying, "...look, just go already. Enough's happened here already, we don't wanna start that again just now, right?"

Esprit15
2015-12-10, 07:28 AM
"You sure, about that?" Agatha asks.

"Quite. She'd alienate herself from too much of this group if she hurt you."

Illven
2015-12-10, 01:02 PM
"That ain't what you were doin' and we both know it," Tanya snapped, before putting a hand to her forehead and saying, "...look, just go already. Enough's happened here already, we don't wanna start that again just now, right?"

"I suppose I can't question her while you're here." Catherine admtis.

Looking at the lunch aide, she makes a i'm watching you gesture.

"I'll be back." She promises.

"Quite. She'd alienate herself from too much of this group if she hurt you."

Agatha hugs Takia.

"Thanks." She says simply.

Zevox
2015-12-10, 05:49 PM
"I suppose I can't question her while you're here." Catherine admtis.

Looking at the lunch aide, she makes a i'm watching you gesture.

"I'll be back." She promises.
...now she was pretending she thought the lunch lady was causing trouble? Damn, this girl's act was schizophrenic. "No, you won't," Tanya insists coldly. "You'll go do whatever it is you're supposed to be doing, and let her just do her job in peace, like a decent human being - or catperson, whatever." A thought occurs to her, and she adds, "Unless you want her bringing what just happened up with the rest of the faculty? We agreed to keep it to ourselves, but she didn't say anything about that. And she's got nothin' to lose if she does, since she didn't do anything but see it happen."

Illven
2015-12-10, 06:06 PM
...now she was pretending she thought the lunch lady was causing trouble? Damn, this girl's act was schizophrenic. "No, you won't," Tanya insists coldly. "You'll go do whatever it is you're supposed to be doing, and let her just do her job in peace, like a decent human being - or catperson, whatever." A thought occurs to her, and she adds, "Unless you want her bringing what just happened up with the rest of the faculty? We agreed to keep it to ourselves, but she didn't say anything about that. And she's got nothin' to lose if she does, since she didn't do anything but see it happen."

"Hmm...... To be Lawful or good." Catherine muses out loud.

Zevox
2015-12-10, 07:21 PM
"Hmm...... To be Lawful or good." Catherine muses out loud.
Tanya blinks at that, only recognizing the reference after a moment, and even then not fully understanding it - her dad and sister were the RPG fans in her family, not her. She decides to roll it with, though. "How about both? By doin' as I been sayin'?"

Illven
2015-12-10, 08:31 PM
Tanya blinks at that, only recognizing the reference after a moment, and even then not fully understanding it - her dad and sister were the RPG fans in her family, not her. She decides to roll it with, though. "How about both? By doin' as I been sayin'?"

"How would letting the captain be poisoned, be good?" Catherine questioned.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-10, 08:38 PM
"Oh. I thought you meant." Ms.Broderick starts. "Nevermind."

"...A court-appointed psychiatrist?" Mallory asked, "No, I've remained relatively stable since the incident. I doubt I really need any therapy at all."

Zevox
2015-12-10, 08:46 PM
"How would letting the captain be poisoned, be good?" Catherine questioned.
Tanya face-palms at that. "Oh for cryin' out loud... I swear, this is worse than talkin' to Alex..."

"Just... get lost already, okay? Tryin' to explain crap you already know past the dumb act ain't worth the trouble."

Illven
2015-12-10, 08:56 PM
"...A court-appointed psychiatrist?" Mallory asked, "No, I've remained relatively stable since the incident. I doubt I really need any therapy at all."

"I..." Ms.Broderick face-palms.

"Are you feeling better?" She asks.

Tanya face-palms at that. "Oh for cryin' out loud... I swear, this is worse than talkin' to Alex..."

"Just... get lost already, okay? Tryin' to explain crap you already know past the dumb act ain't worth the trouble."

Catherine nods, fleeing for safety.

So she's either insane, or a villain. Jen points out.

Zevox
2015-12-10, 09:09 PM
Catherine nods, fleeing for safety.

So she's either insane, or a villain. Jen points out.
"Goin' with villain," Tanya agrees. "That's pretty much what Scout and Cereza said, and they've known her plenty long enough to have figured her out. Besides, Scout's pretty smart, she wouldn't mistake a total idiot for an evil genius. Plus there's no way she could be as dumb as she acts and still be any good on a debate team."

She turns to Jen a little sheepishly before asking, "So... how're you holdin' up? I know you don't like doin' that. And, well..." she trails off, unable to think of a way to ask how Jen felt about what she'd done to Catherine without it sounding callous.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-10, 09:20 PM
"I..." Ms.Broderick face-palms.

"Are you feeling better?" She asks.

"A little," Mallory answered, pulling out her compact to fix her make-up, "I've at least regained my composure enough to properly lead the debate team now. Which I should probably go and round up, now that I think about it. Thank you for listening, Ms. Broderick."

And with that, Mallory snapped the compact shut and turned to leave the room.

Illven
2015-12-10, 10:20 PM
"Goin' with villain," Tanya agrees. "That's pretty much what Scout and Cereza said, and they've known her plenty long enough to have figured her out. Besides, Scout's pretty smart, she wouldn't mistake a total idiot for an evil genius. Plus there's no way she could be as dumb as she acts and still be any good on a debate team."

She turns to Jen a little sheepishly before asking, "So... how're you holdin' up? I know you don't like doin' that. And, well..." she trails off, unable to think of a way to ask how Jen felt about what she'd done to Catherine without it sounding callous.

I'm... shaken. Jen admits taking a breath to calm herself.

You. She adds holding your face and checking for cuts.

Zevox
2015-12-10, 10:29 PM
I'm... shaken. Jen admits taking a breath to calm herself.

You. She adds holding your face and checking for cuts.
"T-the same," Tanya says, a little nervous at the contact. "B-but physically I-I should be fine after I see the nurse. Um, although...."

She hesitates just a second before continuing. "Remember that illusion thing you did for Scout to cover her horns and whatnot? Um, any chance you could do that for m-my sh-shirt?" she asks, gesturing at the various small rips Catherine's attack had left in it. "I-I mean, the scratches'll get me enough attention without my clothes looking off, too. A-and it is a l-little... embarrassing..." she adds, noticing now that she has a longer moment to inspect it that a couple of the rips do afford glimpses of her sports bra.

Illven
2015-12-10, 10:33 PM
"T-the same," Tanya says, a little nervous at the contact. "B-but physically I-I should be fine after I see the nurse. Um, although...."

She hesitates just a second before continuing. "Remember that illusion thing you did for Scout to cover her horns and whatnot? Um, any chance you could do that for m-my sh-shirt?" she asks, gesturing at the various small rips Catherine's attack had left in it. "I-I mean, the scratches'll get me enough attention without my clothes looking off, too. A-and it is a l-little... embarrassing..." she adds, noticing now that she has a longer moment to inspect it that a couple of the rips do afford glimpses of her sports bra.

Oh, uh yeah sure. Jen said, blushing as she looks away from the rips.

Zevox
2015-12-10, 11:16 PM
Oh, uh yeah sure. Jen said, blushing as she looks away from the rips.
"Th-thanks," Tanya says as Jen gets the illusion up. "I don't exactly bring spare clothes to school, and really didn't need to look like that all day." ...she tried not read anything into Jen's blush. It was only natural for her to embarrassed by this too, after all.

Illven
2015-12-12, 02:47 AM
Episode 14 scene 7

And so with the venue prepared, and safe for everyone, and with the classes over. The debate starts.

All of you choose to, or are peer pressured to go. Surprisingly quite a few people more then you expected. Clearly the cheerleaders are working, as you funnel in you notice a blonde bimbo looking celestial, that you're frankly can surprised can fly.

The second is what seems to be a 200 year old man Vampire.

As you sit down, Ms.Smith is on the stage, twirling around in her very own cheerleader-esque outfit.

"Welcome, welcome! I think this is the most attended debate in Northington high history!" She exclaims cheerfully.

"Now let's get started by introducing the moderators!" She says gesturing the mic to the Vampire, and Celestial.

"Picked by Southington high, welcome Lumi Auroraington to Northington high." She says as the celestial stands up to thunderous applause.

"And hand-picked by Moi. Welcome a life long friend. Several lifelongs." She adds with a wink. "Mr.Stringer!" She cheers as the Vampric man hobbles to his feet.

"Now let's let the team start their opening arguments!"

Skill =d8 Pick the most logical member of your team to give the initial argument. Yourself of course. +3 VP with Jen, +2 VP with Luna.

Conflict =d6 Make sure Bran knows not to screw up. +2 VP with both protagonists.

Luck =d4 Huh. Lorena certainly knows what's she's doing. +1 VP with Luna, and a surprise bonus during next scene.

Skill =d8 Give the judges a little something something, make sure that Mal wins the only way you know how. +3 VP with Jen, +2 VP with Luna.

Conflict =d7 Be loud. Boo the other team into submission. +2 VP with both protagonists.

Luck =d5 Be sitting next to the lucky new couple for some juicy gossip. +1 VP with Luna, and fluff.

If everyone succeeds. Mal gets a +1 bonus to her roll.

Esprit15
2015-12-12, 03:12 AM
Earlier
"Hm, I wonder what will happen if someone says exactly what comes to mind in a debate..." Taika says to herself as she walks by Cat's lunch while the girl is in the restroom. Just pour a little of that in her milk and she'll become a blithering moron. It was only a little sodium thiopental, barely enough to affect a first grader (she didn't want to harm the girl, after all), but the right words uttered at the right time can certainly cause some of its more famous effects to come online without a few less desirable effects as well.

Now
Taika takes a seat next to Jen and the others. As the debaters take the stage, Taika mumbles something under her breath. "P͛͠҉͖̰ͅe̯̤͈̹̮̩̮̍ͯ̀̄̓̋̋̀ṟ̵̨̩͇̩̗̗̈́̇̅̉̓ͯ͆d̺̜ͥ͐ͦͬ̏͂ͯ͟ ͔̹̞̠̳e̬͎͋ͮ̅ͩ̕͠ ̪̯̜̓ͬ̈̆̿ͩ͠l̢̗͉̮̒̃ͫ̇ͬͤ̊ͬ̚͡ä̷̟͓̑̅ ͉͇̈́c̶̛̞̹̯̦̊ͩo̪̞͖̩̿̒̂̽̐͐ͧ̓̎h̛̠̙̞̥̅̅̋̾ͦ̌̈́͂͞é̋̏̓̀́ͤͮ̽ ҉̨̘̻̜͙͜r̢̟̯̳̜̭̗ͣͤ͌͋̾͂͑̄̈́͘ͅͅeͯ̀͌҉̞͓͍̩̦ͅn̶̠͔̯̠̳̯ͮ̋̑́ c͚̹̬̣͇͂̍ͮ̑ͦ͝ͅe̮̹ͥ̔ͣͭ̿ͪ͡"

Skill, Down and Dirty (+5)

Anubis Dread
2015-12-12, 01:48 PM
Woo! Debate time! Time to cheer for Mal and boo for... Cat... fudge. She couldn't boo Cat. She LIKED Cat. And looking at the stage it seemed like it was enough of a crazy mess of cheerleaders and bimbos and old guys already that she didn't want to add her own brand of chaos in there. Besides, she didn't really feel like cheering for Mal that hard right then. She'd given Unholy water to Agatha. She KNEW how Alex felt about Holy and Unholy water, and how high strung Agatha was around her, and she still gave it to her. She wasn't sure what that meant, but it wasn't good.

As such Alex just sat back quietly and pensive, very much unlike her usual self as she tuned out the debated and mulled over the problems of her friend.

Neutral Luck

Zevox
2015-12-12, 02:47 PM
Having visited the nurse to get her scratches looked at and get a new ice pack for her wrist, Tanya had spent the rest of the school day apprehensive, unsure whether she could really trust Cat not to try and use the incident with her and Jen to force Mal's team to forfeit. She might seem sincere enough in wanting to debate Mal, and Tanya knew that competitive drive could definitely be a powerful one, but so could the desire to win no matter what, and a forfeit by the other team was still a win. Not to mention the trouble Jen could get in for it, which was bad enough that Tanya had forgotten all about being worried about the trouble she herself could get in if Cat lied about how big her role in that incident was. At least she'd heard from Mal that most of the debate team had come back after a good talking to, which eased her worries there, but these new ones were so much worse...

She arrived at the debate with Jen and Agatha, and even met up with Ethan, but didn't have much energy to do anything besides sit with her friends, try to ignore her fears, and hope that this would all work out in the end.

Skill, -2 Thaw Out = -2 total.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-12, 10:59 PM
As Ms. Smith introduced the competition, Mallory was up on the stage thinking of her strategy. Every part of the debate, even the opening statement, was another move in the grand chess game against her opponent, who in this case was the most challenging one she had ever faced. If she was going to win, she would need to make sure that even the opening move counted.

She debated doing the opening statement herself, but after some thought she figured that doing so would play her hand too early. If both she and Lestran did their team's opening statements, both of their teams would know what to expect from the opposition's strongest players. Worse, if Mallory opened for her team and Lestran didn't, Southington would know what Mallory was like while her own team wouldn't know what to expect from Lestran. No, if she was going to get the most out of her arguments, she would have to remain silent for now. If she was lucky, Lestran would end up having to give the opening statement herself, giving Mallory time to figure out how her strategy has evolved since they last met. Of course, her team couldn't neglect their opening statement entirely. She needed to make sure that it was still strong, even if she wasn't going to be the one giving it.

She elbowed Bran as they were getting seated and whispered, "You're giving our opening statement. For the love of God, do not make me regret my decision or so help me I will make sure you regret it."

Conflict, Verbal Barrage (+2), +2 total.

Necroticplague
2015-12-12, 11:16 PM
Hearing the little witch girl mutter something familiar, but blissfully unaware of the context, the squid simply replies "Sure hope not. That would be an unfortunate timing." With a continued walk, she takes her spot between some of her closer friends while she tries to listen to both the opening arguments about a relatively interesting topic, and be prepared to act as an emotional heat sink for something heavy. "You having a hard time rooting for one side, too?"
Weak Luck.

Illven
2015-12-13, 12:59 AM
As Ms. Smith introduced the competition, Mallory was up on the stage thinking of her strategy. Every part of the debate, even the opening statement, was another move in the grand chess game against her opponent, who in this case was the most challenging one she had ever faced. If she was going to win, she would need to make sure that even the opening move counted.

She debated doing the opening statement herself, but after some thought she figured that doing so would play her hand too early. If both she and Lestran did their team's opening statements, both of their teams would know what to expect from the opposition's strongest players. Worse, if Mallory opened for her team and Lestran didn't, Southington would know what Mallory was like while her own team wouldn't know what to expect from Lestran. No, if she was going to get the most out of her arguments, she would have to remain silent for now. If she was lucky, Lestran would end up having to give the opening statement herself, giving Mallory time to figure out how her strategy has evolved since they last met. Of course, her team couldn't neglect their opening statement entirely. She needed to make sure that it was still strong, even if she wasn't going to be the one giving it.

She elbowed Bran as they were getting seated and whispered, "You're giving our opening statement. For the love of God, do not make me regret my decision or so help me I will make sure you regret it."

Conflict, Verbal Barrage (+2), +2 total.

Bran. Bran disappoints you.

He is stuttery, weak. Really unconvincing.

As the teams starts to mingle somewhat on break, Bran is shaking like a leaf and trying not to meet your gaze.

Catherine comes up to you.

"So Mal? Where's your parents?" She asks.

Earlier
"Hm, I wonder what will happen if someone says exactly what comes to mind in a debate..." Taika says to herself as she walks by Cat's lunch while the girl is in the restroom. Just pour a little of that in her milk and she'll become a blithering moron. It was only a little sodium thiopental, barely enough to affect a first grader (she didn't want to harm the girl, after all), but the right words uttered at the right time can certainly cause some of its more famous effects to come online without a few less desirable effects as well.

Now
Taika takes a seat next to Jen and the others. As the debaters take the stage, Taika mumbles something under her breath. "P͛͠҉͖̰ͅe̯̤͈̹̮̩̮̍ͯ̀̄̓̋̋̀ṟ̵̨̩͇̩̗̗̈́̇̅̉̓ͯ͆d̺̜ͥ͐ͦͬ̏͂ͯ͟ ͔̹̞̠̳e̬͎͋ͮ̅ͩ̕͠ ̪̯̜̓ͬ̈̆̿ͩ͠l̢̗͉̮̒̃ͫ̇ͬͤ̊ͬ̚͡ä̷̟͓̑̅ ͉͇̈́c̶̛̞̹̯̦̊ͩo̪̞͖̩̿̒̂̽̐͐ͧ̓̎h̛̠̙̞̥̅̅̋̾ͦ̌̈́͂͞é̋̏̓̀́ͤͮ̽ ҉̨̘̻̜͙͜r̢̟̯̳̜̭̗ͣͤ͌͋̾͂͑̄̈́͘ͅͅeͯ̀͌҉̞͓͍̩̦ͅn̶̠͔̯̠̳̯ͮ̋̑́ c͚̹̬̣͇͂̍ͮ̑ͦ͝ͅe̮̹ͥ̔ͣͭ̿ͪ͡"

Skill, Down and Dirty (+5)

Takia's spell effects Catherine on stage. And even though she looks terrible, and rambles on much longer then necessary, she at least made a coherent argument.

Damn... She isn't terrible. Jen replied forlornly.

Having visited the nurse to get her scratches looked at and get a new ice pack for her wrist, Tanya had spent the rest of the school day apprehensive, unsure whether she could really trust Cat not to try and use the incident with her and Jen to force Mal's team to forfeit. She might seem sincere enough in wanting to debate Mal, and Tanya knew that competitive drive could definitely be a powerful one, but so could the desire to win no matter what, and a forfeit by the other team was still a win. Not to mention the trouble Jen could get in for it, which was bad enough that Tanya had forgotten all about being worried about the trouble she herself could get in if Cat lied about how big her role in that incident was. At least she'd heard from Mal that most of the debate team had come back after a good talking to, which eased her worries there, but these new ones were so much worse...

She arrived at the debate with Jen and Agatha, and even met up with Ethan, but didn't have much energy to do anything besides sit with her friends, try to ignore her fears, and hope that this would all work out in the end.

Skill, -2 Thaw Out = -2 total.

So far it is in fact not going well.

Cat in fact, goes up against Bran who seems to be wilting like a fish.

Ethan is also seeming upset.

"Why didn't you mention Agatha has a boyfriend?" He asks shooting disapproving looks at Agatha and Nate.

Woo! Debate time! Time to cheer for Mal and boo for... Cat... fudge. She couldn't boo Cat. She LIKED Cat. And looking at the stage it seemed like it was enough of a crazy mess of cheerleaders and bimbos and old guys already that she didn't want to add her own brand of chaos in there. Besides, she didn't really feel like cheering for Mal that hard right then. She'd given Unholy water to Agatha. She KNEW how Alex felt about Holy and Unholy water, and how high strung Agatha was around her, and she still gave it to her. She wasn't sure what that meant, but it wasn't good.

As such Alex just sat back quietly and pensive, very much unlike her usual self as she tuned out the debated and mulled over the problems of her friend.

Neutral Luck

See below post.

Hearing the little witch girl mutter something familiar, but blissfully unaware of the context, the squid simply replies "Sure hope not. That would be an unfortunate timing." With a continued walk, she takes her spot between some of her closer friends while she tries to listen to both the opening arguments about a relatively interesting topic, and be prepared to act as an emotional heat sink for something heavy. "You having a hard time rooting for one side, too?"
Weak Luck.

You two sitting on either side, of Nate and Agatha are privy to this conversation.

"Wouldn't it be nice, if we could do this all the time." Agatha whisperes.

"Agatha..." Nate starts clearly unhappy.

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 01:11 AM
Taika frowns. "Yeah, that guy couldn't convince a raven to take wing... How did he make it onto the team?"

Zevox
2015-12-13, 01:11 AM
So far it is in fact not going well.

Cat in fact, goes up against Bran who seems to be wilting like a fish.

Ethan is also seeming upset.

"Why didn't you mention Agatha has a boyfriend?" He asks shooting disapproving looks at Agatha and Nate.
Tanya isn't particularly happy seeing Mal's teammate falter, but is only a little worried since she has no idea whether it's important to the outcome or not or not. So her attention turns to her friend instead.

"'Cause she doesn't," she explained. "They're just pretending to be a couple because it helps keep Catherine - the catgirl on stage, Mal's rival - away from her. from And I only just found out she has a crush on Nate there earlier today. Was gonna tell you, but haven't had a chance until now."

"The good news though is that he doesn't seem interested in her for some reason," she noted. "When his ex - Taika, the vamp chick a few seats away - convinced him to do it, he actually said she owed him for it. Seriously. So yeah, I don't think you've gotta worry much about them actually getting together."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 01:19 AM
Bran. Bran disappoints you.

He is stuttery, weak. Really unconvincing.

As the teams starts to mingle somewhat on break, Bran is shaking like a leaf and trying not to meet your gaze.

Catherine comes up to you.

"So Mal? Where's your parents?" She asks.

Absolutely pitiful. If Mallory could, she would beam her disappointment into him with lasers from her eyes. Instead, she merely settled for glaring at him in contempt.

And of course, Lestran comes up to gloat. And not just about her victory, but about the fact that Mallory's parents were currently not there. She tried her best to remain calm as she answered, "They had prior engagements that kept them busy today. I'm guessing your parents managed to make it, though."

Illven
2015-12-13, 01:24 AM
Taika frowns. "Yeah, that guy couldn't convince a raven to take wing... How did he make it onto the team?"

Raven to take wing? Never heard that before. Is that a common Witch or Vampire saying? Jen asked.

Tanya isn't particularly happy seeing Mal's teammate falter, but is only a little worried since she has no idea whether it's important to the outcome or not or not. So her attention turns to her friend instead.

"'Cause she doesn't," she explained. "They're just pretending to be a couple because it helps keep Catherine - the catgirl on stage, Mal's rival - away from her. from And I only just found out she has a crush on Nate there earlier today. Was gonna tell you, but haven't had a chance until now."

"The good news though is that he doesn't seem interested in her for some reason," she noted. "When his ex - Taika, the vamp chick a few seats away - convinced him to do it, he actually said she owed him for it. Seriously. So yeah, I don't think you've gotta worry much about them actually getting together."

"... Is he still hung up on her?" Ethan asks not having much hope.

Absolutely pitiful. If Mallory could, she would beam her disappointment into him with lasers from her eyes. Instead, she merely settled for glaring at him in contempt.

And of course, Lestran comes up to gloat. And not just about her victory, but about the fact that Mallory's parents were currently not there. She tried her best to remain calm as she answered, "They had prior engagements that kept them busy today. I'm guessing your parents managed to make it, though."

Catherine gasps in surprise.

"That's horrible Malone. What parents would miss their daughter's big debate date with her favorite rival?"

Zevox
2015-12-13, 01:29 AM
"... Is he still hung up on her?" Ethan asks not having much hope.
"Surprisingly not," Tanya admits. "But still, if he's so disinterested that that was his reaction just to having to pretend to be with her, I think you're in the clear. The only worry is more if she's crushing on him too hard to think of gettin' with anyone else, but I figure that'd just take time, at most," she points out.

Illven
2015-12-13, 01:32 AM
"Surprisingly not," Tanya admits. "But still, if he's so disinterested that that was his reaction just to having to pretend to be with her, I think you're in the clear. The only worry is more if she's crushing on him too hard to think of gettin' with anyone else, but I figure that'd just take time, at most," she points out.

"How long do you think it will take?" Ethan asks.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 01:35 AM
Catherine gasps in surprise.

"That's horrible Malone. What parents would miss their daughter's big debate date with her favorite rival?"

Lestran may have been feigning concern, but it was clear to Mallory that she was just relishing this opportunity to rub it in her face. Well, she wouldn't give her the satisfaction.

"The kind who tend to focus on their work," Mallory replied, trying not to sound bitter, "It's not like the legal troubles that a large company faces will wait for my father to come watch me argue with you, and my mother... well, she's got a meeting with her 'agent'."

Okay, maybe a little bitterness seeped through in that last statement.

Zevox
2015-12-13, 01:39 AM
"How long do you think it will take?" Ethan asks.
"Kinda hard to say, especially since I ain't even sure if she's crushing that hard to begin with. Could be she'll realize he just ain't into her today, soon as the debate's done and he ditches her for whatever he's planning on doin' after. Could take a while if she's really that persistent."

"'Course you might be able to speed things along, if you started spendin' more time with her, maybe directed her attention elsewhere?" Tanya points out, nudging her friend's arm with her elbow.

Illven
2015-12-13, 01:49 AM
Lestran may have been feigning concern, but it was clear to Mallory that she was just relishing this opportunity to rub it in her face. Well, she wouldn't give her the satisfaction.

"The kind who tend to focus on their work," Mallory replied, trying not to sound bitter, "It's not like the legal troubles that a large company faces will wait for my father to come watch me argue with you, and my mother... well, she's got a meeting with her 'agent'."

Okay, maybe a little bitterness seeped through in that last statement.

Catherine hugs you.

"Well. I think they should be here, Malone."

"Kinda hard to say, especially since I ain't even sure if she's crushing that hard to begin with. Could be she'll realize he just ain't into her today, soon as the debate's done and he ditches her for whatever he's planning on doin' after. Could take a while if she's really that persistent."

"'Course you might be able to speed things along, if you started spendin' more time with her, maybe directed her attention elsewhere?" Tanya points out, nudging her friend's arm with her elbow.

"Right, because that worked so well last time." Ethan muttered.

"Sorry, sorry. Just... not the best time to find out." Ethan replied.

Zevox
2015-12-13, 02:01 AM
"Right, because that worked so well last time." Ethan muttered.

"Sorry, sorry. Just... not the best time to find out." Ethan replied.
Tanya gives Ethan a sidelong hug with the arm closest to him. "I definitely hear ya on that one, man. You ain't the only one who got rejected that day, after all," she adds, commiserating.

"This one's different, though. She's definitely available, and I know she's had a hard time findin' anyone around here and was pretty frustrated about that back on valentine's day. I'll try and find a time when Scout - oh, by the way, I started using the nicknames I came up with for Mal and Agatha today, and they both like 'em, so that's awesome - but anyway, I'll ask Scout if she knows what Cereza thinks of you if I get a chance to talk to her without her around. Be good to get an idea where things stand that way, right?" she says, patting Ethan on the back reassuringly.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 02:03 AM
Catherine hugs you.

"Well. I think they should be here, Malone."

Mallory only tolerated the hug for about a second before attempting to push Catherine off, "Gah! Get off! I don't need you patronizing me in the middle of the debate!"

More importantly, she didn't want her team to think that she was friendly with one of the opposition. They would get the wrong idea, and them probably hate her again. Which is probably what Lestran intended to begin with, come to think of it. She shot a glare at the catgirl for good measure.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 02:05 AM
Okay, Agatha gets pissed at Catherine for having a few obsessive tendencies, then pulls that same stuff with Alex's BROTHER? She really was some kind of new, super evolved hyper b****.

"Yeah, I am," Alex admits to P'ro'shi, scowling at the back of Agatha's head with the hopes of setting it on fire with her gaze. "Catherine has been acting a lot nicer than Mal herself has lately, and the fact she seems to hate her so much when she's just talking to her casually like that is really messed up. What's more, her giving Unholy water to a freaking psychopath has me more than a little bit worried!" Alex ratchets up the volume on that lat part loud enough that Agatha can't miss it.

Illven
2015-12-13, 02:34 AM
Tanya gives Ethan a sidelong hug with the arm closest to him. "I definitely hear ya on that one, man. You ain't the only one who got rejected that day, after all," she adds, commiserating.

"This one's different, though. She's definitely available, and I know she's had a hard time findin' anyone around here and was pretty frustrated about that back on valentine's day. I'll try and find a time when Scout - oh, by the way, I started using the nicknames I came up with for Mal and Agatha today, and they both like 'em, so that's awesome - but anyway, I'll ask Scout if she knows what Cereza thinks of you if I get a chance to talk to her without her around. Be good to get an idea where things stand that way, right?" she says, patting Ethan on the back reassuringly.

"That'll help." Ethan admitted.

"Any idea, why she's had such a problem?" Ethan asked

Mallory only tolerated the hug for about a second before attempting to push Catherine off, "Gah! Get off! I don't need you patronizing me in the middle of the debate!"

More importantly, she didn't want her team to think that she was friendly with one of the opposition. They would get the wrong idea, and them probably hate her again. Which is probably what Lestran intended to begin with, come to think of it. She shot a glare at the catgirl for good measure.

"It's okay, Malone. I understand that you're just upset over your parents not showing." Catherine replied nodding in understanding.

Okay, Agatha gets pissed at Catherine for having a few obsessive tendencies, then pulls that same stuff with Alex's BROTHER? She really was some kind of new, super evolved hyper b****.

"Yeah, I am," Alex admits to P'ro'shi, scowling at the back of Agatha's head with the hopes of setting it on fire with her gaze. "Catherine has been acting a lot nicer than Mal herself has lately, and the fact she seems to hate her so much when she's just talking to her casually like that is really messed up. What's more, her giving Unholy water to a freaking psychopath has me more than a little bit worried!" Alex ratchets up the volume on that lat part loud enough that Agatha can't miss it.

Agatha for her part handles it remarkably well.

"It's for me to feel safe around you." She replies.

"Um. Is this really the best place." Nate insists.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 02:39 AM
Agatha for her part handles it remarkably well.

"It's for me to feel safe around you." She replies.

"Um. Is this really the best place." Nate insists.

"You're right, this is a bad place to talk about this," Alex admits. "The only thing worst to talk about here is talking about being in a relationship with someone who's firmly and consistently shown no romantic interest in you when they're not in a position to rebuff you due to the circumstances. Oh, wait!"

Illven
2015-12-13, 02:47 AM
"You're right, this is a bad place to talk about this," Alex admits. "The only thing worst to talk about here is talking about being in a relationship with someone who's firmly and consistently shown no romantic interest in you when they're not in a position to rebuff you due to the circumstances. Oh, wait!"

"I just!" Agatha blurted out.

"Why! Why does every guy I like, seem to not want anything to do with me, or circumstances conspire to keep us apart?"

Zevox
2015-12-13, 02:49 AM
"That'll help." Ethan admitted.

"Any idea, why she's had such a problem?" Ethan asked
"She thinks it's because a lot of the guys around here don't want a straight girlfriend, since there's so many bi chicks around and they're dreamin' of threesomes," Tanya responded, tone becoming disdainful at that last. "You'd know better than me if that's actually a thing the guys here do I guess."

"Otherwise, well, of the guys she's been interested in, Nate ain't interested in her, and there's also apparently this Steve guy that up and vanished on her for a while and then when he came back he started sayin' he can't be with her, and apparently whatever he told Scout was the reason made her agree with him, so he's off the table, too," she explained. "So, she's had about the same luck with guys that I have with girls, basically."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 02:50 AM
"It's okay, Malone. I understand that you're just upset over your parents not showing." Catherine replied nodding in understanding.

"Among other things..." Mallory grumbled under her breath as she crossed her arms over her chest. She hadn't even been that upset about it before, but Lestran bringing it up made Mallory wish her parents were willing to come see the debate (well, other than the botched opening statement, of course. She wouldn't mind them being late if it meant that they missed that poor performance).It was infuriating how easily Lestran was able to find exactly the right buttons to push to make her day even worse.

Illven
2015-12-13, 03:00 AM
"She thinks it's because a lot of the guys around here don't want a straight girlfriend, since there's so many bi chicks around and they're dreamin' of threesomes," Tanya responded, tone becoming disdainful at that last. "You'd know better than me if that's actually a thing the guys here do I guess."

"Otherwise, well, of the guys she's been interested in, Nate ain't interested in her, and there's also apparently this Steve guy that up and vanished on her for a while and then when he came back he started sayin' he can't be with her, and apparently whatever he told Scout was the reason made her agree with him, so he's off the table, too," she explained. "So, she's had about the same luck with guys that I have with girls, basically."

"Or I've had with girls?" Ethan half jokes.

"Among other things..." Mallory grumbled under her breath as she crossed her arms over her chest. She hadn't even been that upset about it before, but Lestran bringing it up made Mallory wish her parents were willing to come see the debate (well, other than the botched opening statement, of course. She wouldn't mind them being late if it meant that they missed that poor performance).It was infuriating how easily Lestran was able to find exactly the right buttons to push to make her day even worse.

"Aw, want to talk about it?" Catherine offers.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 03:03 AM
"I just!" Agatha blurted out.

"Why! Why does every guy I like, seem to not want anything to do with me, or circumstances conspire to keep us apart?"

"Maybe it's because you constantly complain about everything and threaten to soak people in sulfuric acid," Alex points out helpfully.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 03:05 AM
"Aw, want to talk about it?" Catherine offers.

"No," Mallory stated coldly, "And even if I did, I would not do so with my rival while we're currently in competition with one another. I'm not stupid."

Illven
2015-12-13, 03:11 AM
"Maybe it's because you constantly complain about everything and threaten to soak people in sulfuric acid," Alex points out helpfully.

"I do not!" Agatha replies offended.

"No," Mallory stated coldly, "And even if I did, I would not do so with my rival while we're currently in competition with one another. I'm not stupid."

"That's a good point. My other team members may overhear, and they aren't as honor-bound as I am." Lestran admits.

"But afterwards, I'm taking you out for a sundae."

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 03:21 AM
"I do not!" Agatha replies offended.

"I hope you're talking about the complaining, because you threatened me with just that less than an hour ago," Alex remarks dryly. "And yeah, you complain. A lot. It is freaking unbearable. 'I have to many girls hitting on me', 'I don't have enough girls hitting on me', 'So and so is picking on me', 'so and so isn't picking on me but I hate them anyway', it's ridiculous."

Zevox
2015-12-13, 03:23 AM
"Or I've had with girls?" Ethan half jokes.
"Ah, somethin' you've got in common? Maybe you could commiserate on it with her," Tanya replied, giving him a sly smile.

Illven
2015-12-13, 03:27 AM
"I hope you're talking about the complaining, because you threatened me with just that less than an hour ago," Alex remarks dryly. "And yeah, you complain. A lot. It is freaking unbearable. 'I have to many girls hitting on me', 'I don't have enough girls hitting on me', 'So and so is picking on me', 'so and so isn't picking on me but I hate them anyway', it's ridiculous."

"You threatened me with physical violence!" Agatha replies.

"That doesn't sound like Alex." Nate points out. "Typically she'd have hit you first."

"Ah, somethin' you've got in common? Maybe you could commiserate on it with her," Tanya replied, giving him a sly smile.

"Yeah, yeah maybe." Ethan replied starting to get up and hearing the raised voice.

"Later." He replies.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 03:42 AM
"That's a good point. My other team members may overhear, and they aren't as honor-bound as I am." Lestran admits.

"But afterwards, I'm taking you out for a sundae."

"Hmph. Well, as much as I love the idea of having ice cream with you of all people," Mallory said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I'm probably going to be hanging out at an after-party with my teammates and friends. It's how we tend to do things here."

"Isn't that what your team does after a debate?" she asked with a raised brow. Not that she cared eitherway, but if Lestran was going to make her feel uncomfortable about her parents, turnabout was fair play.

Illven
2015-12-13, 03:46 AM
"Hmph. Well, as much as I love the idea of having ice cream with you of all people," Mallory said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I'm probably going to be hanging out at an after-party with my teammates and friends. It's how we tend to do things here."

"Isn't that what your team does after a debate?" she asked with a raised brow. Not that she cared eitherway, but if Lestran was going to make her feel uncomfortable about her parents, turnabout was fair play.

"Oh yeah, but I'm not invited because I'm gay." Catherine explained.

"Do you think the rest of your team would have an issue if I tagged along?"

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 03:48 AM
"You threatened me with physical violence!" Agatha replies.

"That doesn't sound like Alex." Nate points out. "Typically she'd have hit you first."

"Agatha, even if I did, which I didn't, there's a difference between saying 'I'm going to punch you' and saying 'I'm going to go grab the gun from my locker and shoot you in the head'. Especially because it means you have a gun!" Alex scowls. "And... I don't know how to feel about that, so I'ma punch you in the shoulder," she pouts at Nate, before doing just that at friendly level of force.

Illven
2015-12-13, 03:58 AM
"Agatha, even if I did, which I didn't, there's a difference between saying 'I'm going to punch you' and saying 'I'm going to go grab the gun from my locker and shoot you in the head'. Especially because it means you have a gun!" Alex scowls. "And... I don't know how to feel about that, so I'ma punch you in the shoulder," she pouts at Nate, before doing just that at friendly level of force.

"So what you're saying is even though, you're several times stronger then me, and could break me like a twig. I'm supposed to live and die by how merciful you're feeling that day, instead of leveling the playing-field?" Agatha points out.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 04:03 AM
"Oh yeah, but I'm not invited because I'm gay." Catherine explained.

"Do you think the rest of your team would have an issue if I tagged along?"

That crafty bitch. Even now she was trying to make Mallory look bad. If Mallory said no on her own, and Lestran told someone that she was turned away by her after saying she was discriminated against by her own team, Mallory would look like an awful person. But if she said yes, Lestran would be able to talk to her team and turn them against her, just like she did with everyone else other than Agatha. Which she couldn't let happen.

To buy some time, Mallory simply responded with, "I'll talk with the others about it." Namely, telling them exactly why they shouldn't let Lestran tag along.

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 04:49 AM
Raven to take wing? Never heard that before. Is that a common Witch or Vampire saying? Jen asks.

Taika shrugs. "Mother said it at least. It's the same thing as leading someone out of a paper bag, getting water out of a bucket with the instructions on the bottom, and so on."

Necroticplague
2015-12-13, 05:24 AM
"So what you're saying is even though, you're several times stronger then me, and could break me like a twig. I'm supposed to live and die by how merciful you're feeling that day, instead of leveling the playing-field?" Agatha points out.

"To be fair, her analogy to firearms is accurate enough, under identical logic."

Zevox
2015-12-13, 09:35 AM
"Yeah, yeah maybe." Ethan replied starting to get up and hearing the raised voice.

"Later." He replies.
Tanya frowns and looks confused at that. "Where are you goin'? Debate's just started," she asks. And what's going on over there? she wonders, glancing sidelong in the direction of the raised voices.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 12:38 PM

"You're also a lot weaker than a car, are you going to carry a bazooka around to blow up any cars that try to run you over?" Alex replied dryly. "And considering your Mal's friend no matter how I feel about you personally you're more likely to get run over by a car than beat up by me. Besides which, if you use that stuff on ANYONE you're going to get EXPELLED! Being beat up is way better than that."

Illven
2015-12-13, 02:16 PM
That crafty bitch. Even now she was trying to make Mallory look bad. If Mallory said no on her own, and Lestran told someone that she was turned away by her after saying she was discriminated against by her own team, Mallory would look like an awful person. But if she said yes, Lestran would be able to talk to her team and turn them against her, just like she did with everyone else other than Agatha. Which she couldn't let happen.

To buy some time, Mallory simply responded with, "I'll talk with the others about it." Namely, telling them exactly why they shouldn't let Lestran tag along.

"YAY!" Catherine cheered. Looking prepared to glomp you again, before settling down.

"I hope they say yes!"

Taika shrugs. "Mother said it at least. It's the same thing as leading someone out of a paper bag, getting water out of a bucket with the instructions on the bottom, and so on."

I've never heard the second one either.... How many sayings have I missed. Jen mused.

Tanya frowns and looks confused at that. "Where are you goin'? Debate's just started," she asks. And what's going on over there? she wonders, glancing sidelong in the direction of the raised voices.

"Huh." Ethan asked confused. "Oh I meant I'd talk to her later, don't want any part in that train wreck."

"To be fair, her analogy to firearms is accurate enough, under identical logic."

"You're also a lot weaker than a car, are you going to carry a bazooka around to blow up any cars that try to run you over?" Alex replied dryly. "And considering your Mal's friend no matter how I feel about you personally you're more likely to get run over by a car than beat up by me. Besides which, if you use that stuff on ANYONE you're going to get EXPELLED! Being beat up is way better than that."

"If a car was trying to run me over." Agatha replies "And I don't believe that."

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 02:25 PM
"Really? Huh, I've heard it once or twice."

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 02:34 PM
"Believe what you want. Just stop bugging Nate while he's doing you a favor and get rid of the water. You're going to get both you and Mal in serious trouble. It's not illegal, but something doesn't need to be illegal to get you suspended or expelled," Alex warns her.

Illven
2015-12-13, 05:21 PM
"Really? Huh, I've heard it once or twice."

Do you know where the phrase is from? Jen asks clearly interested in learning.

"Believe what you want. Just stop bugging Nate while he's doing you a favor and get rid of the water. You're going to get both you and Mal in serious trouble. It's not illegal, but something doesn't need to be illegal to get you suspended or expelled," Alex warns her.

"But then... I won't feel safe." Agatha admits.

Zevox
2015-12-13, 05:24 PM
"Huh." Ethan asked confused. "Oh I meant I'd talk to her later, don't want any part in that train wreck."
Tanya looked more closely at what was going on, and cursed under her breath when she realized it was Alex sitting next to Agatha. Damnit, she still wasn't used to Alex's short-haired look. No wonder things were getting loud over there.

Fortunately though, she realized there was a way to help her, which Ethan would even appreciate. "Hold that thought, dude," she remarked to him quickly.

"Yo, Cereza!" she called over, trying to be loud enough to be heard but not so loud she'd disrupt the debate, "If you want away from the crazy b****, there's an empty seat over here with me and Kit! Just one, though," she added with a glance at Nate.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 05:33 PM
"Trust me on this one Agatha. If you ever spray me with that, I will freak the f*** out and kill you. This isn't a threat. I have some serious PTSD issues with that s*** and would literally go into a frothing berserker rage to get rid of it before it could hurt me anymore," Alex warned her. "It's not something I'm proud of, but it probably WILL happen, so just get rid of it. Please," she pleads.

Before hearing Tanya's call over. Not knowing her nicknames for everyone and considering her opinion of the current situation, it shouldn't have been as surprising as it was as to what happened next. "You're right, this isn't helping anything and sitting next to a psycho isn't doing wonders for my mental health," Alex sighed before standing up and making her way to the empty seat and plopping down into it.

Zevox
2015-12-13, 05:43 PM
"Trust me on this one Agatha. If you ever spray me with that, I will freak the f*** out and kill you. This isn't a threat. I have some serious PTSD issues with that s*** and would literally go into a frothing berserker rage to get rid of it before it could hurt me anymore," Alex warned her. "It's not something I'm proud of, but it probably WILL happen, so just get rid of it. Please," she pleads.

Before hearing Tanya's call over. Not knowing her nicknames for everyone and considering her opinion of the current situation, it shouldn't have been as surprising as it was as to what happened next. "You're right, this isn't helping anything and sitting next to a psycho isn't doing wonders for my mental health," Alex sighed before standing up and making her way to the empty seat and plopping down into it.
Tanya glared at Alex and said simply, "Not you. Agatha."

Illven
2015-12-13, 05:52 PM

Give me an allure check, d5 is partial success, d7 for full.

"Why do I feel excluded." Nate partially snarks.

Zevox
2015-12-13, 06:01 PM
"Why do I feel excluded." Nate partially snarks.
Tanya shrugs. "If there were another seat open I'd offer dude, but there ain't." Conveniently.

Illven
2015-12-13, 06:14 PM
Tanya shrugs. "If there were another seat open I'd offer dude, but there ain't." Conveniently.

"Fine, fine." Nate relents not arguing too hard.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 07:44 PM

"Hey say what you want about me, I never threatened to douse someone in acid," Alex scowls.

Weak Allure, [roll0]

Zevox
2015-12-13, 08:14 PM
"Hey say what you want about me, I never threatened to douse someone in acid," Alex scowls.

Weak Allure, [roll0]

"Acid?" Tanya says, confused for a second before it dawns on her what Alex meant. "Oh, the water? Yeah, you wouldn't have to worry about that if you didn't go around threatening your supposed friend's best bud. Heck, long as you leave her alone, you don't have to worry about that. Not gettin' any sympathy here for Cereza havin' a way to keep you from hurting her - you brought it on yourself."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 09:39 PM
"YAY!" Catherine cheered. Looking prepared to glomp you again, before settling down.

"I hope they say yes!"

"Yes, yes, of course you do," Mallory muttered dismissively, "Now, why are you still here talking to me? Don't you have a debate to prepare for?"

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 10:54 PM
"Well given the content, it's likely more southern. I think Ryan's dad used it occasionally."

Illven
2015-12-13, 10:57 PM

Weak Allure, [roll0]

See below post

"Acid?" Tanya says, confused for a second before it dawns on her what Alex meant. "Oh, the water? Yeah, you wouldn't have to worry about that if you didn't go around threatening your supposed friend's best bud. Heck, long as you leave her alone, you don't have to worry about that. Not gettin' any sympathy here for Cereza havin' a way to keep you from hurting her - you brought it on yourself."

"You just threaten to assault just about everything." Agatha replies, settling in the seat next to Ethan, arms crossed.

"Yes, yes, of course you do," Mallory muttered dismissively, "Now, why are you still here talking to me? Don't you have a debate to prepare for?"

"I wanted to say hi to my best buddy and see how's she's doing." Catherine replies.

Illven
2015-12-13, 10:58 PM
"Well given the content, it's likely more southern. I think Ryan's dad used it occasionally."

Ah.... Jen replies.

How well do you know your.... step parents? Jen asks unsure of the proper term.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 11:09 PM
"You just threaten to assault just about everything." Agatha replies, settling in the seat next to Ethan, arms crossed.

Alex's eyebrow twitched. "You know how sometimes I threaten to break arms, or punch people in the face or whatever? Most of that's happened to be me at some point. One time I got into the bad end of a fight and got two ribs snapped, my left arm broken, by head cracked open and my side cut. I was in the hospital for two weeks. Being sprayed with Holy water hurt about ten times worst than that. There is literally NOTHING I could possibly do that could equal the agony of that stuff. It is evil, and it shouldn't exist. Two wrongs may make a right sometimes, but that s*** is NEVER appropriate. Get a f***ing taser or something if you need it."

Esprit15
2015-12-13, 11:11 PM
Ah.... Jen replies.

How well do you know your.... step parents? Jen asks unsure of the proper term.

"As well as you can get to know someone who is around for between a year and two years. Except Lucas's dad. He was the only one that was a one night accident."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 11:19 PM
"I wanted to say hi to my best buddy and see how's she's doing." Catherine replies.

"Well, go do that then," Mallory said, "Just leave me alone to prepare. But be warned: I will not be nearly as easy to push around as Bran. And you could barely handle him from what I've seen, so you'll probably need all the help you can get against me."

Illven
2015-12-13, 11:36 PM
Alex's eyebrow twitched. "You know how sometimes I threaten to break arms, or punch people in the face or whatever? Most of that's happened to be me at some point. One time I got into the bad end of a fight and got two ribs snapped, my left arm broken, by head cracked open and my side cut. I was in the hospital for two weeks. Being sprayed with Holy water hurt about ten times worst than that. There is literally NOTHING I could possibly do that could equal the agony of that stuff. It is evil, and it shouldn't exist. Two wrongs may make a right sometimes, but that s*** is NEVER appropriate. Get a f***ing taser or something if you need it."

".... That's a strong statement Alex." Agatha replies.

"As well as you can get to know someone who is around for between a year and two years. Except Lucas's dad. He was the only one that was a one night accident."

.... I've never had a parental figure around just one year. Jen points out.

"Well, go do that then," Mallory said, "Just leave me alone to prepare. But be warned: I will not be nearly as easy to push around as Bran. And you could barely handle him from what I've seen, so you'll probably need all the help you can get against me."

"Oh Malone. I had to save the big guns for you. It wouldn't be right to destroy Bran's hopes and dreams of being a great debater one day." Catherine replied.

Zevox
2015-12-13, 11:51 PM
Tanya does seem to hesitate a moment at that, but her response remains harsh. "If you hate it that much, might just be it's the best damn thing for her to have. 'Cause if her just havin' it guarantees you don't mess with her? That's even better than if she had somethin' she might actually have to use."

Anubis Dread
2015-12-13, 11:51 PM
".... That's a strong statement Alex." Agatha replies.

"Tell you what. Take the spray bottle you have the water in, screw it open, and pour it all over your face. If after that you still think I'm wrong, you can keep some with you. Being the only person here that's ever actually had to take that s*** in the face here, I think my word carries a LITTLE more weight than anyone else's."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-13, 11:56 PM
"Oh Malone. I had to save the big guns for you. It wouldn't be right to destroy Bran's hopes and dreams of being a great debater one day." Catherine replied.

"Of course it wouldn't," Mallory said through gritted teeth. She was holding back? So much for thinking she had gotten soft during her time at Southington. Mallory should have known better than to think that was Lestran actually trying for even a second.

Illven
2015-12-14, 12:10 AM
Tanya does seem to hesitate a moment at that, but her response remains harsh. "If you hate it that much, might just be it's the best damn thing for her to have. 'Cause if her just havin' it guarantees you don't mess with her? That's even better than if she had somethin' she might actually have to use."

"Tell you what. Take the spray bottle you have the water in, screw it open, and pour it all over your face. If after that you still think I'm wrong, you can keep some with you. Being the only person here that's ever actually had to take that s*** in the face here, I think my word carries a LITTLE more weight than anyone else's."

"I don't know how much a taser hurts, so even if I did that. That wouldn't answer the question." Agatha points out.

"Of course it wouldn't," Mallory said through gritted teeth. She was holding back? So much for thinking she had gotten soft during her time at Southington. Mallory should have known better than to think that was Lestran actually trying for even a second.

"So I have to go make a call." Catherine replied. "Remember. Ice cream, ask the team." She stated, starting to wander off.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 12:23 AM
"So I have to go make a call." Catherine replied. "Remember. Ice cream, ask the team." She stated, starting to wander off.

"See you soon," Mallory muttered darkly, before making her way back to the rest of her team.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 12:28 AM
.... I've never had a parental figure around just one year. Jen points out.

"They're just boyfriends to mother as far as I'm concerned, and they're clear on that before they ever meet us. Most of them were nice guys, just not long term compatible with her. She's a little like Alex, funny enough. Doesn't like to be tied down to one person, takes a little pride in the variety of parents that her children have. We all are different from one another, racially and interest-wise, so even growing up away from any larger cities, we still see some variety in people, but we all are family first, and that outlook sticks with us. Doesn't date more than one person at once, though. That's the one difference. Too easy for jealous feelings to form, prevents ugly polyhedra from forming in things."

Illven
2015-12-14, 12:42 AM
"See you soon," Mallory muttered darkly, before making her way back to the rest of her team.

Lorena is the first to talk to you.

"So how screwed is Bran. Because you know, he did stay."

"They're just boyfriends to mother as far as I'm concerned, and they're clear on that before they ever meet us. Most of them were nice guys, just not long term compatible with her. She's a little like Alex, funny enough. Doesn't like to be tied down to one person, takes a little pride in the variety of parents that her children have. We all are different from one another, racially and interest-wise, so even growing up away from any larger cities, we still see some variety in people, but we all are family first, and that outlook sticks with us. Doesn't date more than one person at once, though. That's the one difference. Too easy for jealous feelings to form, prevents ugly polyhedra from forming in things."

Aren't hydra's all poly. Since you know multiple heads? Jen asks

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 12:51 AM
Lorena is the first to talk to you.

"So how screwed is Bran. Because you know, he did stay."

"He's definitely in trouble," Mallory admitted with a scowl, "How he could botch something as simple as an opening statement so badly is beyond me." She punctuated that last statement with a glare at Bran.

Illven
2015-12-14, 01:20 AM
"He's definitely in trouble," Mallory admitted with a scowl, "How he could botch something as simple as an opening statement so badly is beyond me." She punctuated that last statement with a glare at Bran.

Bran shrinks under the table.

"Yes, Mal, but he stayed when alot of them left." She argued.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 02:09 AM
Bran shrinks under the table.

"Yes, Mal, but he stayed when alot of them left." She argued.

Mallory glared at Bran for a long moment, then sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration, "Fine. One chance. I will give him one chance to redeem himself. You better not screw up again, Bran."

Illven
2015-12-14, 02:42 AM
Mallory glared at Bran for a long moment, then sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration, "Fine. One chance. I will give him one chance to redeem himself. You better not screw up again, Bran."

Bran nods, then slicks away.

"Something wrong, Mal. You seem really tense."

Necroticplague
2015-12-14, 02:55 AM
"I don't know how much a taser hurts, so even if I did that. That wouldn't answer the question." Agatha points out.

"I don't think it's a question of hurting, it's a matter of stopping power. The water may hurt Alex like hell, but it does little to actually stop her, and mat be counterproductive in that angle. However, as someone who's been electrocuted to "death". I can tell you it does a good job stopping you from further movement."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 03:03 AM
Bran nods, then slicks away.

"Something wrong, Mal. You seem really tense."

"Sorry," she groaned, "Lestran is just getting to me again. She teased me about my parents, then tried to guilt me into letting her come to our afterparty. Probably to gloat if she won or sabotage it if she loses."

Illven
2015-12-14, 03:08 AM
"I don't think it's a question of hurting, it's a matter of stopping power. The water may hurt Alex like hell, but it does little to actually stop her, and mat be counterproductive in that angle. However, as someone who's been electrocuted to "death". I can tell you it does a good job stopping you from further movement."

Give me a skill or allure check =d4

"Sorry," she groaned, "Lestran is just getting to me again. She teased me about my parents, then tried to guilt me into letting her come to our afterparty. Probably to gloat if she won or sabotage it if she loses."

"Damn, she sounds like a bitch." Lorena agrees.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 03:18 AM
"Damn, she sounds like a bitch." Lorena agrees.

Mallory nodded, "She is. Which is why no matter how much she tries to sweet-talk you or the rest of the team, we can't let her come. Understood?"

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 04:16 AM
Aren't hydra's all poly. Since you know multiple heads? Jen asks

"But you let my mom. She's not a hydra, she's a witch." Given that Jen stayed over, she would remember that Taika's mom is indeed not a multi-headed lizard.

Illven
2015-12-14, 05:14 AM
Mallory nodded, "She is. Which is why no matter how much she tries to sweet-talk you or the rest of the team, we can't let her come. Understood?"

"I'll do my best." Lorena nods.

"But you let my mom. She's not a hydra, she's a witch." Given that Jen stayed over, she would remember that Taika's mom is indeed not a multi-headed lizard.

Hmmm.. I feel like one of us missed the other one. Jen admits.

At the Agatha debacle.

"Fine... I'll get a taser." Agatha grumbles. "Just don't tell Mallory."

".... Why are we talking about acid and electricity. Please tell me this is some sort of RPG." Ethan adds.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 05:25 AM
"Perhaps... But yeah, avoids drama."

Illven
2015-12-14, 05:32 AM
"Perhaps... But yeah, avoids drama."

Do they really tend to get that attached? Jen asked.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 05:42 AM
Do they really tend to get that attached? Jen asked.

"People get attached. Imagine sleeping with someone for a year, you have a kid with them, and then the other person decides that they're not as interested in you. Now complicate it by not being sure if the kid is yours."

Illven
2015-12-14, 05:50 AM
"People get attached. Imagine sleeping with someone for a year, you have a kid with them, and then the other person decides that they're not as interested in you. Now complicate it by not being sure if the kid is yours."

Does DNA testing work with Eldritch beings? Jen asks.

Zevox
2015-12-14, 06:46 AM
At the Agatha debacle.

"Fine... I'll get a taser." Agatha grumbles. "Just don't tell Mallory."

".... Why are we talking about acid and electricity. Please tell me this is some sort of RPG." Ethan adds.
"'Fraid not dude. Short version is that after Alex threatened Cereza on valentine's day, Scout decided she needed a way to defend herself if Alex went after her. So she made her a little unholy water. Guess she'll be tradin' that for a taser now - just hope squid-girl there's right about it."

To Alex, she remarks, "Now, if you're satisfied, mind gettin' back to your own seat and leavin' us in peace already?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 08:18 AM
"I'll do my best." Lorena nods.

"Good," Mallory said curtly, "Now, what about you? I hope you are better prepared than Bran was for your part of the debate. Or at least more composed than him."

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 08:53 AM
Does DNA testing work with Eldritch beings? Jen asks.

"I don't see why it wouldn't. Witches at least can breed with humans and produce totally viable offspring, who are also witches, with no apparent loss in power. I also inherited traits from both my father and mother, as have all my siblings. It's more of something that latches on with a gamete, like a dominant gene, except that it also prevents the recessive gene counterpart from passing on. Or maybe a witch supplies both pairs of genes to pass on being a witch... I'll have to look into that. I didn't think about that really when I learned about genetics. And what happens to children with two witch parents, like was more common back in the day... Hm..." Taika says, beginning to ramble, gesturing to herself with her hands.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 10:47 AM
"I'm not really HAPPY about someone carrying around a weapon at school, but at least it's something more reasonable now. Sure, I'm gone," Alex sighed.

Illven
2015-12-14, 03:30 PM
"'Fraid not dude. Short version is that after Alex threatened Cereza on valentine's day, Scout decided she needed a way to defend herself if Alex went after her. So she made her a little unholy water. Guess she'll be tradin' that for a taser now - just hope squid-girl there's right about it."

To Alex, she remarks, "Now, if you're satisfied, mind gettin' back to your own seat and leavin' us in peace already?"

"Is she that bad?" Ethan asked

"Good," Mallory said curtly, "Now, what about you? I hope you are better prepared than Bran was for your part of the debate. Or at least more composed than him."

"I'm totally, ready. Ask me anything." Lorena replied

Skill roll if you want to stump her.

"I don't see why it wouldn't. Witches at least can breed with humans and produce totally viable offspring, who are also witches, with no apparent loss in power. I also inherited traits from both my father and mother, as have all my siblings. It's more of something that latches on with a gamete, like a dominant gene, except that it also prevents the recessive gene counterpart from passing on. Or maybe a witch supplies both pairs of genes to pass on being a witch... I'll have to look into that. I didn't think about that really when I learned about genetics. And what happens to children with two witch parents, like was more common back in the day... Hm..." Taika says, beginning to ramble, gesturing to herself with her hands.

So wait, I think that makes humans and witches the same species. Or does that same species if fertile offspring, only apply to animals.

"I'm not really HAPPY about someone carrying around a weapon at school, but at least it's something more reasonable now. Sure, I'm gone," Alex sighed.

"If you're so upset, stop threatening everyone." Agatha mentions.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 04:57 PM
"Maybe. Like I said, we may genetically show up as quite different in some aspects. One possibility that I have considered is that witches have at least one extra set of chromosomes compared to humans, which deal with all of our supernatural faculties. A parent can supply one or both of these as needed, or there may be some as yet undiscovered mechanism."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 04:59 PM
"I'm totally, ready. Ask me anything." Lorena replied

Skill roll if you want to stump her.

"Very well," Mallory said, straightening up and giving Lorena an analytical gaze, "Tell me why the government should bother with registering celestials and demons in the first place when their identities need to be rediscovered every lifetime, their citizenship needs to be redefined, and angels have to obey the current laws to the letter anyway."

Strong Skill (+1), +1 total.

[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 05:04 PM
"If you're so upset, stop threatening everyone." Agatha mentions.

"...I only threaten people when I'm upset to begin with. So you're saying if I'm upset I should stop getting upset," Alex frowned. "...whatever."

Illven
2015-12-14, 05:11 PM
"Maybe. Like I said, we may genetically show up as quite different in some aspects. One possibility that I have considered is that witches have at least one extra set of chromosomes compared to humans, which deal with all of our supernatural faculties. A parent can supply one or both of these as needed, or there may be some as yet undiscovered mechanism."

Should we look at some of your cells under a microscope. Jen replied.

"Very well," Mallory said, straightening up and giving Lorena an analytical gaze, "Tell me why the government should bother with registering celestials and demons in the first place when their identities need to be rediscovered every lifetime, their citizenship needs to be redefined, and angels have to obey the current laws to the letter anyway."

Strong Skill (+1), +1 total.

[roll0]

You get the impression she got lucky.

But she does answer your question. Barely. But competently.

"So how did I do?" She asks.

Illven
2015-12-14, 05:12 PM
"...I only threaten people when I'm upset to begin with. So you're saying if I'm upset I should stop getting upset," Alex frowned. "...whatever."

Nate beckons you back over to him.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 05:29 PM
Nate beckons you back over to him.

"Fine," Alex sighed, before walking back over and taking Agatha's now empty seat. On a whim she wrapped her arms around him. Alright maybe it wasn't a whim so much as the fact that she was still freaking out a bit at the idea of Agatha carrying a weapon around on a hair trigger...

Illven
2015-12-14, 05:33 PM
"Fine," Alex sighed, before walking back over and taking Agatha's now empty seat. On a whim she wrapped her arms around him. Alright maybe it wasn't a whim so much as the fact that she was still freaking out a bit at the idea of Agatha carrying a weapon around on a hair trigger...

Nate looks at this in surprise.

"You're not okay are you?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 05:57 PM
You get the impression she got lucky.

But she does answer your question. Barely. But competently.

"So how did I do?" She asks.

Mallory stared her down for a long moment, then finally said, "...Passable. But you need to work on your delivery. You took too long to get to the point, and you'll be torn apart up there if you can't be concise."

Illven
2015-12-14, 06:01 PM
Mallory stared her down for a long moment, then finally said, "...Passable. But you need to work on your delivery. You took too long to get to the point, and you'll be torn apart up there if you can't be concise."

"Jeez you have high standards." Lorena replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 06:13 PM
Nate looks at this in surprise.

"You're not okay are you?"

"Agatha scares me a little bit," Alex admits quietly. "She hates everyone, has a weapon, and has Mal wrapped around her finger. She lets everything bug her. She's going to snap at some point, someone is going to get hurt, and she's going to drag Mallory down with her. I don't want Mal to get into trouble, but I don't see any way to avoid it as long as she's as devoted to Agatha as she is..."

Zevox
2015-12-14, 06:15 PM
"Is she that bad?" Ethan asked
"She could be if she wanted to," Tanya remarks. "You know our sparring in judo? I still ain't even come close to beatin' her. And I'm starting to think she ain't even had to try her best to beat me, or pretty much anyone else in the class. And if she's willing to even threaten someone like Cereza, who couldn't do anything to her even if she wanted to and is the best friend of somebody she supposedly considers her friend? Yeah, I'd be worried, too."

Addressing Agatha, she asks, "How you holdin' up there? That basically what you been dealin' with since we got here?"

Illven
2015-12-14, 06:19 PM
"Agatha scares me a little bit," Alex admits quietly. "She hates everyone, has a weapon, and has Mal wrapped around her finger. She lets everything bug her. She's going to snap at some point, someone is going to get hurt, and she's going to drag Mallory down with her. I don't want Mal to get into trouble, but I don't see any way to avoid it as long as she's as devoted to Agatha as she is..."

"Maybe suggest that Agatha get therapy." Nate offers.

"She could be if she wanted to," Tanya remarks. "You know our sparring in judo? I still ain't even come close to beatin' her. And I'm starting to think she ain't even had to try her best to beat me, or pretty much anyone else in the class. And if she's willing to even threaten someone like Cereza, who couldn't do anything to her even if she wanted to and is the best friend of somebody she supposedly considers her friend? Yeah, I'd be worried, too."

Addressing Agatha, she asks, "How you holdin' up there? That basically what you been dealin' with since we got here?"

"As long as I'm away from Alex, I'll be fine." Agatha replied.

"Hmm. Why does Scout hang out with Alex then?" Ethan asks.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 06:21 PM
"Jeez you have high standards." Lorena replied.

"Well of course I do," Mallory stated proudly, "I aspire to nothing short of perfection from myself, and as long as I am leading this team I will do whatever I can to ensure the same goes for the rest of you."

Illven
2015-12-14, 06:32 PM
"Well of course I do," Mallory stated proudly, "I aspire to nothing short of perfection from myself, and as long as I am leading this team I will do whatever I can to ensure the same goes for the rest of you."

"Perfection sounds like work." Lorena sighs.

"Joking." She adds after a moment.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 06:32 PM
"Maybe suggest that Agatha get therapy." Nate offers.

"And have Agatha hit me with a knife or something and Mal yell at me for suggesting Agatha isn't perfect? No thanks," Alex muttered bitterly.

Zevox
2015-12-14, 06:44 PM
"As long as I'm away from Alex, I'll be fine." Agatha replied.

"Hmm. Why does Scout hang out with Alex then?" Ethan asks.
Tanya nodded at Agatha. "Alright. Sorry, I shoulda paid more attention to who you wound up sittin' with, but I'm just so used to you always being with Scout that it didn't click that you wouldn't be here."

At Ethan's remark, she raised an eyebrow and smiled for a moment. "Been a while since you used one of my nicks. That one's stickin', eh? Nice."

"But honestly? I been askin' that since I met 'em. They're basically opposites. When I asked, Scout about it she said Alex had been the one to reach out to her, and somethin' about offerin' emotional support. She wasn't long on details, and honestly I get the impression it's kinda personal," she said with a glance at Agatha. "I've yet to see her do anything like that for anyone myself... though honestly, I've been avoiding her outside of judo and science. Even when she ain't being scary, being around her is grating 'cause about the only thing she wants to talk about is sex."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 06:48 PM
"Perfection sounds like work." Lorena sighs.

"Joking." She adds after a moment.

Mallory's eyes narrowed. She was clearly not amused.

"Of course it's work," Mallory said seriously, "And actually achieving it may be impossible. But one must always strive for it in whatever they do. Not only will it lead to personal success, but they will also serve as a shining beacon to others to bring out the best in them, or drive out the worst."

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 06:54 PM
"I don't think the school has powerful enough microscopes for that... Speaking of unusual abilities and genes, do you know much about what makes you a sorcerer?"

Illven
2015-12-14, 07:51 PM
Tanya nodded at Agatha. "Alright. Sorry, I shoulda paid more attention to who you wound up sittin' with, but I'm just so used to you always being with Scout that it didn't click that you wouldn't be here."

At Ethan's remark, she raised an eyebrow and smiled for a moment. "Been a while since you used one of my nicks. That one's stickin', eh? Nice."

"But honestly? I been askin' that since I met 'em. They're basically opposites. When I asked, Scout about it she said Alex had been the one to reach out to her, and somethin' about offerin' emotional support. She wasn't long on details, and honestly I get the impression it's kinda personal," she said with a glance at Agatha. "I've yet to see her do anything like that for anyone myself... though honestly, I've been avoiding her outside of judo and science. Even when she ain't being scary, being around her is grating 'cause about the only thing she wants to talk about is sex."

"So maybe she's scared to say no to Alex?" Ethan replied. To which Agatha shakes her head.

"No, it's more something about it being a challenge. That Alex challenges her." Agatha replies.

Mallory's eyes narrowed. She was clearly not amused.

"Of course it's work," Mallory said seriously, "And actually achieving it may be impossible. But one must always strive for it in whatever they do. Not only will it lead to personal success, but they will also serve as a shining beacon to others to bring out the best in them, or drive out the worst."

"Um? So I'm going to eat this breakfest perfectly?" Lorena asks, seemingly concerned.

"I don't think the school has powerful enough microscopes for that... Speaking of unusual abilities and genes, do you know much about what makes you a sorcerer?"

I know it's something to do with genetics, that I'm slightly more likely to have sorcerous children, but not by much. Jen replied.

"And have Agatha hit me with a knife or something and Mal yell at me for suggesting Agatha isn't perfect? No thanks," Alex muttered bitterly.

"It's all how you frame it. Suggest that she go to it, to deal with the stress of being hit on by every girl." Nate offered.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 07:52 PM
"Hm... I wonder what the odds of a sorcerer witch..."

Illven
2015-12-14, 08:02 PM
"Hm... I wonder what the odds of a sorcerer witch..."

As far as I know. 0. Or at least there's no recorded instances of Sorcerers coming from anything other then humans or Vampires. Jen answers.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 08:47 PM
"Hm... Interesting. If only experimentation in that respect was possible. And legal. Oh well, just have to perform studies over time. I have plenty, certainly..."

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 08:51 PM
"It's all how you frame it. Suggest that she go to it, to deal with the stress of being hit on by every girl." Nate offered.

"That's one way to do it. And Mal did listen when I told her to talk to Ms. Smith when she couldn't decide whether to date me or not. Seriously, she broke my heart like three times in one freaking day," Alex chuckled dryly. "I'll give it a shot. I kind of hope this debate runs long to put off that talk though."

Illven
2015-12-14, 09:03 PM
"Hm... Interesting. If only experimentation in that respect was possible. And legal. Oh well, just have to perform studies over time. I have plenty, certainly..."

So I think the first step is a survey? Jen asked.

"That's one way to do it. And Mal did listen when I told her to talk to Ms. Smith when she couldn't decide whether to date me or not. Seriously, she broke my heart like three times in one freaking day," Alex chuckled dryly. "I'll give it a shot. I kind of hope this debate runs long to put off that talk though."

"Yeah. I remember. You came over and ate all my ice cream." Nate teases.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 09:05 PM
"Yeah. I remember. You came over and ate all my ice cream." Nate teases.

"Is that the thanks I get for bravely sacrificing my health in order to save you from all those calories?" Alex mock protested.

Illven
2015-12-14, 09:17 PM
"Is that the thanks I get for bravely sacrificing my health in order to save you from all those calories?" Alex mock protested.

"Oh I'm sorry, in the contract you sign, you very clearly labeled you wanted shunning instead of marble statues." Nate snarked back.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 09:26 PM
"Oh I'm sorry, in the contract you sign, you very clearly labeled you wanted shunning instead of marble statues." Nate snarked back.

"Shut it or I'll kiss you in front of everyone just to make people think we're together. ...actually I kind of want to do that now just to see how Catherine responds," Alex muses.

Illven
2015-12-14, 09:32 PM
"Shut it or I'll kiss you in front of everyone just to make people think we're together. ...actually I kind of want to do that now just to see how Catherine responds," Alex muses.

Nate squicks out at that.

"I don't know, probably call me a cheating *******." He muses.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 09:33 PM
Nate squicks out at that.

"I don't know, probably call me a cheating *******." He muses.

"That's be hilarious to see," Alex laughs. "Or maybe we could convince her I'm a unicorn. I'm sure she'd get a nosebleed at the idea of me and Agatha in bed together."

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 09:38 PM
"Yeah, and doing some record diving. Every recorded instance of sorcerers, find any witches I can and collect ancestries, look for lines that vanished and trace those, look for overlap with sorcerers."

Illven
2015-12-14, 09:47 PM
"That's be hilarious to see," Alex laughs. "Or maybe we could convince her I'm a unicorn. I'm sure she'd get a nosebleed at the idea of me and Agatha in bed together."

"Why a Unicorn?" Nate asks confused.

"Yeah, and doing some record diving. Every recorded instance of sorcerers, find any witches I can and collect ancestries, look for lines that vanished and trace those, look for overlap with sorcerers."

So in the next couple of days, to the library? Jen asked.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 09:56 PM
"No, more like a years long process spent pouring through records. You don't go through the entire history of sorcery in a week, and you don't cross reference that with several thousand year long family lineages over the course of a month."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 10:10 PM
"Um? So I'm going to eat this breakfest perfectly?" Lorena asks, seemingly concerned.

Now it was Mallory's turn to look confused, "What? No, it's the middle of the afternoon! Besides, that's not what I mean, unless you're wanting to have a healthy diet I suppose. My point is that if you set out to accomplish something, you need to do it in the best possible way. No shortcut and no underhandedness: become as knowledgeable as you can and devote yourself to doing what you have to correctly."

Anubis Dread
2015-12-14, 10:15 PM
"Why a Unicorn?" Nate asks confused.

"Because if I told her Agatha was polygamous she'd hit on her again," Alex admitted. "Unless you're asking what a unicorn is. In which case it's a bi or pan sexual person who sleeps with two people in an otherwise committed relationship. It's sort of a stable triad."

Illven
2015-12-14, 10:19 PM
"No, more like a years long process spent pouring through records. You don't go through the entire history of sorcery in a week, and you don't cross reference that with several thousand year long family lineages over the course of a month."

Seriously? Jen asked slumping

Now it was Mallory's turn to look confused, "What? No, it's the middle of the afternoon! Besides, that's not what I mean, unless you're wanting to have a healthy diet I suppose. My point is that if you set out to accomplish something, you need to do it in the best possible way. No shortcut and no underhandedness: become as knowledgeable as you can and devote yourself to doing what you have to correctly."

"Oh.... No there's no room for fun on the team?" Lorena asks.

Illven
2015-12-14, 10:20 PM
"Because if I told her Agatha was polygamous she'd hit on her again," Alex admitted. "Unless you're asking what a unicorn is. In which case it's a bi or pan sexual person who sleeps with two people in an otherwise committed relationship. It's sort of a stable triad."

"I've never heard that before." Nate replied.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 10:27 PM
"Witches breed a lot, so there's a lot to pour over. And sorcerers sometimes are hard to track. Best way to find them will be to look for unusual events associated with awakenings."

Illven
2015-12-14, 10:31 PM
"Witches breed a lot, so there's a lot to pour over. And sorcerers sometimes are hard to track. Best way to find them will be to look for unusual events associated with awakenings."

Do you think we'll be able to tell what is an awakening and what isn't based on old legends? Jen asked.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 10:42 PM
Do you think we'll be able to tell what is an awakening and what isn't based on old legends? Jen asked.

"Sometimes you can't, but it gives me places to investigate. If I know years and locations, I can investigate other abnormalities that occur afterwards."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 10:51 PM
"Oh.... No there's no room for fun on the team?" Lorena asks.

Mallory shook her head, "Not when we're currently fighting for a victory. There will be time for fun at the afterparty, which will be so much more enjoyable if we get to taste victory beforehand."

Illven
2015-12-14, 11:05 PM
"Sometimes you can't, but it gives me places to investigate. If I know years and locations, I can investigate other abnormalities that occur afterwards."

Oh like, if at Lake Erie there was an alleged awakening 60 years ago, we can go there and ask people if they remember anything? Jen asked.

Mallory shook her head, "Not when we're currently fighting for a victory. There will be time for fun at the afterparty, which will be so much more enjoyable if we get to taste victory beforehand."

"Acceptable." Lorena relents.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 11:09 PM
"Acceptable." Lorena relents.

"More than acceptable," Malory points out, "Vital. We do not want to let our guard down and let the enemy win. Especially when that enemy is Lestran."

Illven
2015-12-14, 11:16 PM
"More than acceptable," Malory points out, "Vital. We do not want to let our guard down and let the enemy win. Especially when that enemy is Lestran."

"You know. She sounds like a bitch, but I lack a personal connection to this girl." Lorena points out.

Esprit15
2015-12-14, 11:16 PM
"Exactly. Or I could research unusual individuals that showed up shortly after."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-14, 11:35 PM
"You know. She sounds like a bitch, but I lack a personal connection to this girl." Lorena points out.

"Good," Mallory said curtly, "It would be wise to keep it that way. She is a conniving snake of a girl that ides her awful nature behind a cheery smile and airhead act. But as you've seen, she's no slouch when it comes to debates."

Illven
2015-12-14, 11:47 PM
"Exactly. Or I could research unusual individuals that showed up shortly after."

And then see if you can trace stories back to them growing up in the same place as the awakening like event? Jen asked.

"Good," Mallory said curtly, "It would be wise to keep it that way. She is a conniving snake of a girl that ides her awful nature behind a cheery smile and airhead act. But as you've seen, she's no slouch when it comes to debates."

"Personal can mean negative Mallory." Lorena points out.

Zevox
2015-12-14, 11:58 PM
"So maybe she's scared to say no to Alex?" Ethan replied. To which Agatha shakes her head.

"No, it's more something about it being a challenge. That Alex challenges her." Agatha replies.
"Pretty sure Alex challenges everyone who has to deal with her," Tanya responds. "...well, except maybe Luna. Which I also don't really get. Maybe it's just 'cause I haven't talked to her much, but she seems like a half-decent girl, yet she's somehow dating her. And while she seems to hold back her BS a little, it ain't by as much as I'd expect you'd have to to deal with her."

"Come to think of it, there's Nate, too. ...how the heck do these otherwise decent types manage to put up with her?" Tanya said, starting to actually wonder about this. One person, like Mal, was an anomaly - several was a pattern. Or at least the start of one.

Illven
2015-12-15, 12:04 AM
"Pretty sure Alex challenges everyone who has to deal with her," Tanya responds. "...well, except maybe Luna. Which I also don't really get. Maybe it's just 'cause I haven't talked to her much, but she seems like a half-decent girl, yet she's somehow dating her. And while she seems to hold back her BS a little, it ain't by as much as I'd expect you'd have to to deal with her."

"Come to think of it, there's Nate, too. ...how the heck do these otherwise decent types manage to put up with her?" Tanya said, starting to actually wonder about this. One person, like Mal, was an anomaly - several was a pattern. Or at least the start of one.

"Hmm.... Love potions perhaps?" Ethan suggested.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 12:06 AM
"I've never heard that before." Nate replied.

"Ms. Robins made me read a bunch of stuff about sexuality and gender and relationships and stuff when we were trying to work out what exactly I was," Alex admitted.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 12:07 AM
"Personal can mean negative Mallory." Lorena points out.

"You have a point," Mallory admitted with a frown, "As much as I would personally love to see Lestran crushed today, the best way to keep a cool head to do so is to ensure my personal feelings do not influence my arguments. Though I must admit, things being personal does increase my drive to win."

Illven
2015-12-15, 12:07 AM
"Ms. Robins made me read a bunch of stuff about sexuality and gender and relationships and stuff when we were trying to work out what exactly I was," Alex admitted.

"Makes sense. You still have the materials?" Nate asks.

Illven
2015-12-15, 12:11 AM
"You have a point," Mallory admitted with a frown, "As much as I would personally love to see Lestran crushed today, the best way to keep a cool head to do so is to ensure my personal feelings do not influence my arguments. Though I must admit, things being personal does increase my drive to win."

"Yeah, saying Lestran is a snake onstage can disqualify you." Lorena reminds her.

Zevox
2015-12-15, 12:19 AM
"Hmm.... Love potions perhaps?" Ethan suggested.
"No way," Tanya said with a shake of her head. "Alex can't do magic, thank goodness. And I doubt those'd even work on Luna - vampire sorceress and all, sure she could do somethin' about that sort of thing. And Nate just acts like she's a friend, not like he wants to date her."

She sighs as she continues, "I really don't know. That girl does nothin' but confuse, frustrate, and tick me off, and all three just get worse the more I try to make any sense of her. It'd be a lot easier if everyone treated her like she's the half-crazy bully she seems to be, but they don't, and I don't get that."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 12:34 AM
"Yeah, saying Lestran is a snake onstage can disqualify you." Lorena reminds her.

"Thankfully, I have more common sense than to do something that stupid," Mallory said. Though if she could somehow egg Lestran into doing it...

No. She had to win this fairly, without resorting to such underhanded trickery. Her pride wouldn't allow anything less.

Illven
2015-12-15, 12:45 AM
"No way," Tanya said with a shake of her head. "Alex can't do magic, thank goodness. And I doubt those'd even work on Luna - vampire sorceress and all, sure she could do somethin' about that sort of thing. And Nate just acts like she's a friend, not like he wants to date her."

She sighs as she continues, "I really don't know. That girl does nothin' but confuse, frustrate, and tick me off, and all three just get worse the more I try to make any sense of her. It'd be a lot easier if everyone treated her like she's the half-crazy bully she seems to be, but they don't, and I don't get that."

"Me either, from what you said, she sounds horrible." Ethan agreed.

"Thankfully, I have more common sense than to do something that stupid," Mallory said. Though if she could somehow egg Lestran into doing it...

No. She had to win this fairly, without resorting to such underhanded trickery. Her pride wouldn't allow anything less.

"Just making sure." Lorena replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 12:54 AM
"Makes sense. You still have the materials?" Nate asks.

"Sure. Why, you questioning your sexuality?" Alex asks back with a frown.

Illven
2015-12-15, 01:37 AM
"Sure. Why, you questioning your sexuality?" Alex asks back with a frown.

"Nope, just don't want to get blindsided again." Nate replies.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 01:57 AM
"Nope, just don't want to get blindsided again." Nate replies.

"Fair enough. I'll swing by your place tonight with the pamphlets," Alex shrugs. "Then we can curl up on the couch and watch a movie while a b**** about how awful my day was some more. ...are you sure we're brother and sister and not dating?" she teased.

Illven
2015-12-15, 02:00 AM
"Fair enough. I'll swing by your place tonight with the pamphlets," Alex shrugs. "Then we can curl up on the couch and watch a movie while a b**** about how awful my day was some more. ...are you sure we're brother and sister and not dating?" she teased.

"I know we're not dating, because we'll be watching an action movie, not a romantic one." Nate teased back.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 02:11 AM
"Just making sure." Lorena replied.

"I'm perfectly capable of controlling myself without you reminding me, you know," Mallory said, sounding slightly insulted at the implication.

Illven
2015-12-15, 02:17 AM
"I'm perfectly capable of controlling myself without you reminding me, you know," Mallory said, sounding slightly insulted at the implication.

"You know Mal. It would be great if you could not bitch at me for 5 minutes." Lorena replies.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 02:40 AM
"I know we're not dating, because we'll be watching an action movie, not a romantic one." Nate teased back.

"No, that just means we aren't sissies," Alex points out.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 02:45 AM
"You know Mal. It would be great if you could not bitch at me for 5 minutes." Lorena replies.

"Well sorry that I feel like I have to just to keep this team functioning!" Mallory snapped, "In case you've already forgotten, it took a bunch of 'bitching' just to get the rest of the team to fall in line."

Illven
2015-12-15, 02:55 AM
"No, that just means we aren't sissies," Alex points out.

"Oh, really. I don't know I think a romantic movie would fit the mood of a date." Nate shrugs.

"Well sorry that I feel like I have to just to keep this team functioning!" Mallory snapped, "In case you've already forgotten, it took a bunch of 'bitching' just to get the rest of the team to fall in line."

"Yes, but not at me." Lorena replies.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 03:10 AM
"Yes, but not at me." Lorena replies.

"Then prove I don't need to," Mallory said, "You studied like I asked you to, which I am happy about. Now get yourself in the right mindset so you don't falter up there like you just did with me. In other words, strive for perfection rather than just coasting on luck."

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 03:21 AM
And then see if you can trace stories back to them growing up in the same place as the awakening like event? Jen asked.

"Exactly! At that point I can check lineages."

Illven
2015-12-15, 03:46 AM
"Then prove I don't need to," Mallory said, "You studied like I asked you to, which I am happy about. Now get yourself in the right mindset so you don't falter up there like you just did with me. In other words, strive for perfection rather than just coasting on luck."

"Get yourself in the right mind set. You're so focused on your personal rivalry with Catherine, you don't care about the rest of the other team." Lorena replies.

"Exactly! At that point I can check lineages."

How long are census figures accurate for? Jen asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 09:54 AM
"Oh, really. I don't know I think a romantic movie would fit the mood of a date." Nate shrugs.

"Eh whatever. I'm not into incest so it's not something we'll ever have to worry about," Alex shrugs.

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 10:29 AM
"Depends on where they go through. Big cities in Europe, probably a thousand years, give or take a few centuries. I was going to go through personal family trees though, see what branches I can follow. Like I said, I have nothing but time on my hands now, so maybe it will be something I just start pursuing if the chemistry thing doesn't work out or bores me, spend a decade on it and then work on how to sire children without having to take someone else's. I have enough eggs, I should be able to figure out how to make it work before running out. Maybe do those in reverse order if I find someone to stick around with that I would rather have kids with sooner than later, especially if they have no interest in losing all of their blood."

Illven
2015-12-15, 01:49 PM
"Eh whatever. I'm not into incest so it's not something we'll ever have to worry about," Alex shrugs.

"Well I might have to but not you." Nate corrected.

"Depends on where they go through. Big cities in Europe, probably a thousand years, give or take a few centuries. I was going to go through personal family trees though, see what branches I can follow. Like I said, I have nothing but time on my hands now, so maybe it will be something I just start pursuing if the chemistry thing doesn't work out or bores me, spend a decade on it and then work on how to sire children without having to take someone else's. I have enough eggs, I should be able to figure out how to make it work before running out. Maybe do those in reverse order if I find someone to stick around with that I would rather have kids with sooner than later, especially if they have no interest in losing all of their blood."

Would you. Jen asked.

Nevermind.... silly question Jen replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 02:16 PM
"Well I might have to but not you." Nate corrected.

"I don't think Luna is into romantic movies either," Alex teases. "Or maybe she is and just doesn't want me to get bored."

Illven
2015-12-15, 02:59 PM
"I don't think Luna is into romantic movies either," Alex teases. "Or maybe she is and just doesn't want me to get bored."

"You could ask." Nate replied stating the simple solution.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 03:01 PM
"You could ask." Nate replied stating the simple solution.

"YOU could ask. Seems a perfect way to get her to come by your place and sate that crush of yours," Alex smirked.

Illven
2015-12-15, 03:25 PM
"YOU could ask. Seems a perfect way to get her to come by your place and sate that crush of yours," Alex smirked.

"Oh god, that'll be embarrassing." Nate admitted blushing.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 03:36 PM
"Oh god, that'll be embarrassing." Nate admitted blushing.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to throw you into the deep end. I still plan to talk to Luna about how she feels about a fling," Alex promised.

Illven
2015-12-15, 03:44 PM
"Don't worry, I'm not going to throw you into the deep end. I still plan to talk to Luna about how she feels about a fling," Alex promised.

"Ideally you wouldn't. I don't know how to swim." Nate replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 03:57 PM
"Ideally you wouldn't. I don't know how to swim." Nate replied.

"Really? I need to teach you then," Alex frowned. "Swimming is an essential life skill. Might be better to get P'ro'shi to show you actually. It'd be cool if you two hung out more."

Illven
2015-12-15, 04:02 PM
"Really? I need to teach you then," Alex frowned. "Swimming is an essential life skill. Might be better to get P'ro'shi to show you actually. It'd be cool if you two hung out more."

"Yeah, probably P'ro'shi would be better, unless she's a really bad teacher." Nate pointed out.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 04:16 PM
"Yeah, probably P'ro'shi would be better, unless she's a really bad teacher." Nate pointed out.

"Nah she's a great teacher. Though she doesn't always put her all into training. Not like Jessica and Tanya. THEY let me sic an alley full of stray cats on them," Alex pouts.

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 04:30 PM
"The worst that happens is I give a silly answer."

Illven
2015-12-15, 04:36 PM
"Nah she's a great teacher. Though she doesn't always put her all into training. Not like Jessica and Tanya. THEY let me sic an alley full of stray cats on them," Alex pouts.

"... Why?" Nate replied.

"The worst that happens is I give a silly answer."

I answered my own question. Jen admitted.

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 04:46 PM
"No you didn't, you discarded it."

Illven
2015-12-15, 05:36 PM
"No you didn't, you discarded it."

My question was. Jen replied, trying to think of how to word it.

Would you really be okay with loving someone who didn't want to be a Vampire, but then I realized the answer was a yes.

Necroticplague
2015-12-15, 05:44 PM
"... Why?" Nate replied.

"Did I not do that? Because, as much as chicks dig scars, it seemed unrelated to practicing my swimming. I can see the relevance to those xe's teaching self defense."

Illven
2015-12-15, 05:46 PM
"Did I not do that? Because, as much as chicks dig scars, it seemed unrelated to practicing my swimming. I can see the relevance to those xe's teaching self defense."

"No. Wait. What. How do cats prove anything." Nate replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 05:47 PM

"It's perfect for building stamina and promoting leg strength! Both of which are perfect for swimming!" Alex protested. "Also reflexes and dodging. Though I prefer the exercise where I pelt medicine balls at them for that."

Zevox
2015-12-15, 05:51 PM
"Me either, from what you said, she sounds horrible." Ethan agreed.
"I know, right? I mean, the crap she tried to pull the day I met her alone..." Tanya remarks with a shake of her head.

And then sighs. "...and yet despite knowin' about that, Scout's told me point blank that she thinks Alex is a good person beneath it all. ...and honestly? I wish I could believe her. I mean, I don't want anyone to be as bad as Alex seems, and I don't wanna think Scout somehow can't see the obvious when she's normally so smart. I just don't see how she can be right."

With another shake of her head, she finishes, "Well, guess we'll see how right or wrong she is after the debate."

Illven
2015-12-15, 06:04 PM
"It's perfect for building stamina and promoting leg strength! Both of which are perfect for swimming!" Alex protested. "Also reflexes and dodging. Though I prefer the exercise where I pelt medicine balls at them for that."

"I'm pretty certain that counts as assault. How has your club not gotten sued yet?" Nate asked

"I know, right? I mean, the crap she tried to pull the day I met her alone..." Tanya remarks with a shake of her head.

And then sighs. "...and yet despite knowin' about that, Scout's told me point blank that she thinks Alex is a good person beneath it all. ...and honestly? I wish I could believe her. I mean, I don't want anyone to be as bad as Alex seems, and I don't wanna think Scout somehow can't see the obvious when she's normally so smart. I just don't see how she can be right."

With another shake of her head, she finishes, "Well, guess we'll see how right or wrong she is after the debate."

"Oh, we have to deal with her after the debate?" Ethan asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-15, 06:26 PM
"I'm pretty certain that counts as assault. How has your club not gotten sued yet?" Nate asked

"That's just the personal training I put Jessica and Tanya through to toughen them up. The actual judo club isn't involved," Alex points out. "And those two volunteered. Jessica because she's a champ and wants to be a good fight, and Tanya because she's insanely stubborn and will take everything I throw at her just to prove she can."

Illven
2015-12-15, 06:39 PM
"That's just the personal training I put Jessica and Tanya through to toughen them up. The actual judo club isn't involved," Alex points out. "And those two volunteered. Jessica because she's a champ and wants to be a good fight, and Tanya because she's insanely stubborn and will take everything I throw at her just to prove she can."

"Oh, so they both like pain, okay." Nate replied.

Zevox
2015-12-15, 07:01 PM
"Oh, we have to deal with her after the debate?" Ethan asked.
"If by 'we' you mean me and Scout, yeah," Tanya answered. "We're plannin' to have a chat with her afterward about Jessica - and about her cozyin' up to Catherine earlier today. Scout is not happy about either one, and at this point I figure this at least has better odds of stopping her from training Jessica than I have of beating her in Judo. Which ain't sayin' much, but still..."

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 07:49 PM
My question was. Jen replied, trying to think of how to word it.

Would you really be okay with loving someone who didn't want to be a Vampire, but then I realized the answer was a yes.

"Well yes. Like I said, when I find reason to, I intend to find a way around my infertility as a vampire."

Illven
2015-12-15, 08:28 PM
"If by 'we' you mean me and Scout, yeah," Tanya answered. "We're plannin' to have a chat with her afterward about Jessica - and about her cozyin' up to Catherine earlier today. Scout is not happy about either one, and at this point I figure this at least has better odds of stopping her from training Jessica than I have of beating her in Judo. Which ain't sayin' much, but still..."

"Beating Jessica, or beating Alex?" Ethan asked.

"Well yes. Like I said, when I find reason to, I intend to find a way around my infertility as a vampire."

Adoption is an idea. Jen replied.

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 08:43 PM
"It is, but I would at least want one child that I can pass my magic on to. Can't do that via adoption."

Illven
2015-12-15, 08:50 PM
"It is, but I would at least want one child that I can pass my magic on to. Can't do that via adoption."

Could adopt a magical child. Jen points out.

Zevox
2015-12-15, 08:50 PM
"Beating Jessica, or beating Alex?" Ethan asked.
"Alex, of course," Tanya said. "Beatin' her was how I was plannin' to stop her, remember?"

Illven
2015-12-15, 09:03 PM
"Alex, of course," Tanya said. "Beatin' her was how I was plannin' to stop her, remember?"

"Acceptable." Ethan replied.

"We would have also taken both." He kidded.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 09:18 PM
"Get yourself in the right mind set. You're so focused on your personal rivalry with Catherine, you don't care about the rest of the other team." Lorena replies.

"Please, I'm not worried about them," Mallory said, "The rest of the Southington team is a joke compared to us. How else do you explain them being desperate enough to overlook Catherine's orientation?"

Illven
2015-12-15, 09:33 PM
"Please, I'm not worried about them," Mallory said, "The rest of the Southington team is a joke compared to us. How else do you explain them being desperate enough to overlook Catherine's orientation?"

Lorena shrugs. "Still even the worst debater can roll a nat 20."

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-15, 09:41 PM
Lorena shrugs. "Still even the worst debater can roll a nat 20."

"This isn't a game, Lorena," Mallory scolded, "Something like that doesn't just happen in real life. They can't win if they don't know what they're doing."

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 09:50 PM
Could adopt a magical child. Jen points out.

"No doubt I would adopt, but there's something to be said for having your own children."

Illven
2015-12-15, 10:11 PM
"This isn't a game, Lorena," Mallory scolded, "Something like that doesn't just happen in real life. They can't win if they don't know what they're doing."

"Life is a game! According to Doctor Rainey" Lorena replies.

"No doubt I would adopt, but there's something to be said for having your own children."

That's true. Jen admits.

Just don't give into despair if you can't.

Zevox
2015-12-15, 10:15 PM
"Acceptable." Ethan replied.

"We would have also taken both." He kidded.
"Bah, I can beat Jessica as-is," Tanya said, waving it off. "She's stronger than she looks, but doesn't really know how to use that against anyone that can fight back. For now, anyway," she added. "Which I'd rather didn't change."

Getting tired of discussing Alex and all the frustrations surrounding her, Tanya decided to turn things back to the topic she knew Ethan would rather be hearing about. "So, Cereza," she addressed Agatha, "how are things goin' with Nate?"

Esprit15
2015-12-15, 10:26 PM
"Hm, maybe. Well, I've got time to figure it out. Reviving a few dead cells shouldn't be too hard." Unless there was severe DNA damage...

Illven
2015-12-15, 10:33 PM
"Bah, I can beat Jessica as-is," Tanya said, waving it off. "She's stronger than she looks, but doesn't really know how to use that against anyone that can fight back. For now, anyway," she added. "Which I'd rather didn't change."

Getting tired of discussing Alex and all the frustrations surrounding her, Tanya decided to turn things back to the topic she knew Ethan would rather be hearing about. "So, Cereza," she addressed Agatha, "how are things goin' with Nate?"

"He doesn't seem to like me." Agatha pouted.

"Hm, maybe. Well, I've got time to figure it out. Reviving a few dead cells shouldn't be too hard." Unless there was severe DNA damage...

That is very true. Jen admits with a chuckle.

Zevox
2015-12-15, 10:52 PM
"He doesn't seem to like me." Agatha pouted.
Tanya gives a slightly exaggerated sigh. "Yeah... honestly, after what he said to Taika earlier? I kinda got the impression that might be the case. Sorry," she said with a sympathetic look. "Sucks havin' unrequited crushes. We've all been there before - right, Kit?" she said, poking him slightly with her elbow.

Illven
2015-12-15, 11:09 PM
Tanya gives a slightly exaggerated sigh. "Yeah... honestly, after what he said to Taika earlier? I kinda got the impression that might be the case. Sorry," she said with a sympathetic look. "Sucks havin' unrequited crushes. We've all been there before - right, Kit?" she said, poking him slightly with her elbow.

"Oh gods. My Valetine's day was the worst." Ethan replied.

"Not worst then mine..." Agatha started.

Zevox
2015-12-15, 11:52 PM
"Oh gods. My Valetine's day was the worst." Ethan replied.

"Not worst then mine..." Agatha started.
"Eh, both very bad in very different ways," Tanya remarked, not eager to remind Agatha of hers. "Kit's had more to do with it being Valentine's specifically, though," she said, trying to give him his cue.

Illven
2015-12-17, 06:38 PM
Episode 14 Scene 8.

And with that, comes the closing arguments.

Both teams have debated well. Even if two members of the Northington team damaged their legs, stepping wrong.

As Mal goes up to deliver the closing argument. Because of course Mallory will save the best for last, she sees a familiar face in the crowd.

At the same time Catherine bumps into her.

"Hey, I called your house to leave an angry voicemail for your parents, but your mom picked up, and turns out I guilted her into showing up. Now your parents can watch your debate!" She cheers quietly.

That bitch.

Defeat Catherine your way!

Defeating Catherine with Allure or Conflict rolls, gives +3 VP with Jennifer
Defeating Catherine with Skill or Luck rolls, gives +2 VP with Jennifer

Catherine activates Shadow out of time, Do your best, Strong skill roll, Connections, and Honor student.

Defeat Catherine with an Allure roll for +3 VP with Jennifer.

Allure =Cheer Mal on. Maybe if you cheer loudly enough, no one will notice how pissed she is. =d7 +2 VP with Jennifer

Skill =Subtly help Mallory with stealthy signs or signals. =d7 +1 VP with Luna.

Conflict =There are a few boos springing up. Make sure they know not to interrupt Mallory, while she's talking. =d7 +2 VP with Jennifer.

Luck =Who is this mysterious woman sitting next to you. =d7 +1 VP with Luna.

Tanya will be rolling Luck.
Takia will be rolling Conflict.
P'ro'shi will be rolling Luck.
Alex will be rolling Allure.

Esprit15
2015-12-17, 07:23 PM
Something in Taika's head clicks off as she chats with Jen.

That person over there booing was being increasingly rude. But it wasn't just that. The seat was less comfortable, Jen's presence didn't have the same usual mental relaxation effect, the lights were hurting her eyes just enough, and it all began to get to the witch at once...

"Υͫ̎̋͛̎̊̒͊̇͆̄͒ͫͥ̎͏̵͖̞̱̠͙̠̟̭̳͖̫͖̫ῳ̶̵̣͔͇͙̘͉͈̮̜̌̈́̿̾̈̓ ͥ͋̍ͩ̆̀͆̾ͧ̑̑́̚͜͜ ̛̣̪̪̭͙̠̾̽͐͂̃̂͋̉̿χ̧̥͔̘͎̻͎͈̙̝̹̹̬͇̙̐̇̄ͮ̅ͦ̍̉̐̈́̓͟͜͠͞υ͐ ͫͥ̋͢҉̝̘͍̲́͜͢τ̸̨̦̻͈̥͕͖̞̮̩̱̯̙̠̠̰̣ͧͪ̈ͫͣ́̽̂̀̾̅ͮ̆ͫ̚ ͢͞ ̸͖̯̯̳͓̞͛ͮͪͪ͆ͩ̃̑̀͝υ̸̣͔̣̘̳͙͙͖̱̫͚̐ͫ̈ͥ̏̃ͭͫ̂͛ͤ͟͡ὡ̵̛̭̝̯̗ ͕̼̭͖͚͚̱̝̙͎̤̯̹̪͖ͫ͗̄̏̀͋̎̋ͪ͛͊͐ͥ̕͞ρ̶̸̰̠͓͙̦͆ͬ͒̇ͣ̒̾ͯ̃̒̐̍ ͫ̒͆͐ͣ̾͘͘͟ ̢̛̥͉͙͖̲̬̙͙̥̯̥̙͕̒ͯ́ͩ͌̿̅̅̈ͧ͑̐ͤͤ̓̄ͦ̇̕͝η̵̘̦͇̫͉͔̙̺̤͍̫̞̟ ̬͋̓̿̊̓ͦ͝ο̵̢̧̦̟͍̥̹̤̮̝̦̙͇ͨ̆̄ͦ͡ρ̸͉̠̠͓̙̼͕̟͖͚̺͖ͤ̐̿̄͊͑̕͘ ͠ι̃ͩ͌͒͋ͬͬ̊ͭͨͨ̈́͊̽̚͜҉̦͇̺͈͚̜͇̩͙̮̖̠͔̠͔̪χ̸̨̼͖̫̠̹͕͍̱̰͉̩ ̱̜̋͐͐͛͐̏̚ ̸̨̬͕͎̹̰̉̃͐̃̄̌͊͊́ͦ̄͊̈̓̍̆̆̑̚͢͟͠μ̴̨͚̗̦͓̪̩͓̱̦̥̗̤̹͔̤̮̀ͯ ͊̋ͨͥͧͯͦ̃̀͟͞ͅα̢̞̫̜̩̪̱̳̪̖̯̻̱̤ͦ̓ͥ̇̓ͤ̐̑ͮ̽ͪͤ͆ͨ̓ͭ̑͌̀͟͡ω̰ ̻̳̖̳͈͉͉͓̩͙͙̝̜̞͚̥̖̈́ͮͬ͆ͮͮͨ̽͊ͪͤ͂͠͞θ͌̂̊ͩͬͯͩ̏ͬ̿͏͉̝̫̠̥͎ ̬͍̭̪̳̜̱͖͞ͅ ̢̰̞̹̞̘͍̠̳̙̘̗̫̦̖̲͖̾̀̉̄̈̅̈́̀̎̚̕ῦ̐͗̽͆ͧ̎̏͏̞̲͍̫̠̟̺͈̭̭̹͙ ̳͈̖̹̭͘ͅῳ̴̳̯̼̥͊ͥ̽ͩ͒ͩͦ͆͂̏̅̿̓ ̌̓̏ͧͧ̚͡͏̺͈̖̜̳̺̳υͧ͂͑͐ͨ̾̌ͮ̆̚͡҉̬̟̘̺̦̮̼̪͓̯̦͠ν̶̛̭̮̠̠͎̳̻ ̯̹̩̟̗̳̜͖̝͒͑̏̿́͋ͥͪͮ̚͟͟κ̴̙̲̭̮̹͉͉̖͖͔̫̙̮̺̂̽̒͒̆͐͟͟͜υ̨̢̯ ̫̯̹͙͉̰ͨͫ͑̆͛ͪ͌͋̔͘͢ͅλ̸̧̟̘͍͙̯̯̬̞̘̰͉̹̟͙ͩ̏͋̇̃͗̃͐ͦ̚͟τ̵̡̡ ͬ̎̋ͣͭ̂̈́͆ͫ͒̽͊͛ͣͩ̏҉̙̠͚͖̭̦̘̬ϋ̧͙͈̘̩̮̰̗̜͓̭̖̠͓̜̰̙̹̟ͯͬ̄̑ ̀́́͠ρ̢̡͉̰̰̟̗̠͍̺͉͓̳͔͓̱̃ͨ̄ͧͧ̃̾ͦ̀͠ε̩̦̣̜̠ͦͩ̿̏̅̊ͬ̍̚̕͝δ̿ ͋ͥ̏̃ͯ̅͂̀ͮ̋ͪ̈́ͤͥ͆̉҉̝̘̦̬̼̣̰̖̩̤̭̪̣̦͕̜̠̣̣͟͞ ̢̞͉̯͎̳̼͉͈͖ͩ̄ͯ͂̆ͫ̈̏̔̒̿͌́̚͠͝ηͨ͗̏̂͐̉ͯ̆̍̀̋ͨ͏̶̢͈͈̼͍̬̺̪̱ ͢ε͋̓͋͒ͧ̊ͯ͏͇͉̟̥̻́͜θ̡̊̀̀ͨ̽̚͞͏͇̪̫α̞̬̱̥͙̤̞̫̬̩̹͚͕͓̪͙̖̾͂ ͯͧ̔ͤ͊ͭ̽ͮ̈́̇͠͝ν̡̛̳̯̞͍̦͚̳̺̙̩̬͊̓̊̅̉̌̍̃͌͠͞͝!̨͒ͧ͂ͮ҉̨̺͎͇ ̰͎̞͙̙̘"
she shrieks at the heckler, grabbing a chair and running toward them.
Conflict (-1)

Anubis Dread
2015-12-17, 08:13 PM
"Yay, Mal! And Catherine. But mostly Mal! Even though I'm pissed at you! Well maybe Catherine then... damn it Mal this would be a lot easier if you didn't piss me off so often," Alex muttered.

Weak Allure -1

Necroticplague
2015-12-17, 08:42 PM
P'ro'shi stands up to try and write something encouraging on her own body. Unfortunately, her thoughts as to what to write get muddled, and thus so does the text that appears, becoming just a flowing river of confused letters of differing alphabets before she slinks back to a seat, dejected and defeated.
Weak Luck

Zevox
2015-12-18, 12:15 AM
Tanya watched the close of the debate nervously, unsure of basically everything: who was winning or what was about to happen, how things stood with Agatha and Ethan, how worried she should be about Alex, whether anyone would notice the scratch marks she still had from her run-in with Catherine, how long Jen's illusion may last... yeah, everything.

At least with sports when things came down to the wire it was exciting, she reflected. Here it was just confusing and nerve-wracking, and that was even without all the little details of her actual life that were bothering her right now.

Weak Luck -1, Thaw Out +2 = +1 total.
Thaw Out on scene 3/3.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-18, 01:56 AM
Mallory couldn't believe it. She wanted to be angry at Lestran, and she was. After all, she had gone behind her back to 'surprise' her, more likely than not in an attempt to throw off her game. However, what concerned her more is that her mom was actually at the house to answer in the first place. She had said she had a meeting with an agent today, didn't she? And agents don't usually do house calls.

Did they talk over the phone? No, if they were Lestran wouldn't have been able to call the home phone to begin with. And if her mom was using a cell phone, there's no reason she couldn't have brought it with her and done the call on the drive there or at the school. Did the agent cancel on her? Unlikely, since if that happened she would have tried to make it to the debate without Catherine having to guilt her into it. Maybe she had just gotten back? But Mallory told her about the debate. If it was important to her, she would have known to come straight from the talent agency to the school. No, there was only one logical explanation: she had deliberately come up with an excuse so she wouldn't have to come.

She lied to me. My own mother lied to me so she wouldn't have to come.

The realization hit Mallory far harder than it had every right to. It was enough to almost cause her to start crying on the spot. But there was a debate to finish. And Mallory came to the conclusion that, rather than run and hide, she would use this opportunity to show her mother just what she was missing by not coming. And more importantly, show Lestran that she would not be cowed so easily. In fact, Lestran probably expected Mallory to put the pieces together like that once she found out her mom was home, and break down enough to be unable to debate properly. But Mallory saw right through her ploy. And after pulling a stunt like that, she was more determined than ever to not let Lestran best her.

Lestran thought her team hated her now? Well, their opinion of her was about to get a whole lot worse once Mallory destroyed her in front of a live audience.

"Magic is inherently dangerous," she began, "That is not opinion, but fact. And yet while we talk about controlling guns and drugs, we let any magic not cast by a sorcerer run rampant and unchecked. Should we not treat it with caution and respect? Though the forces at play may be ancient, my team has proven here today that they have no less impact to our society than they did a thousand years ago. My opponent would claim that would mean magic is safe, but all it really shows is that society has had no real way to bring it under control. But with today's advances in technology and data collection, nowadays such an action would be trivial, if not for the continued protestation of those believing their right to remain unaccounted for is considered sacred. But just like with any weapon, far greater damage can be done if magic remains hidden. If people were able to know just who has magic and what power they were capable of, they could better protect themselves from those who would use magic to do harm, and also have an easier time finding those magic users who could assist them in a time of need. The common man would no longer have to fear that they are being manipulated mentally, or that a slight towards a co-worker will result in a curse placed on their entire family. And magic users will no longer have to fear said common men going on another witch hunt out of ignorance and fear of what they are capable of. Thus, magical registration is not only logical, but imperative to our society's continued safety."

Weak Allure, Less is More to copy Catherine. +7 total.

Illven
2015-12-18, 02:30 AM
Something in Taika's head clicks off as she chats with Jen.

That person over there booing was being increasingly rude. But it wasn't just that. The seat was less comfortable, Jen's presence didn't have the same usual mental relaxation effect, the lights were hurting her eyes just enough, and it all began to get to the witch at once...

"Υͫ̎̋͛̎̊̒͊̇͆̄͒ͫͥ̎͏̵͖̞̱̠͙̠̟̭̳͖̫͖̫ῳ̶̵̣͔͇͙̘͉͈̮̜̌̈́̿̾̈̓ ͥ͋̍ͩ̆̀͆̾ͧ̑̑́̚͜͜ ̛̣̪̪̭͙̠̾̽͐͂̃̂͋̉̿χ̧̥͔̘͎̻͎͈̙̝̹̹̬͇̙̐̇̄ͮ̅ͦ̍̉̐̈́̓͟͜͠͞υ͐ ͫͥ̋͢҉̝̘͍̲́͜͢τ̸̨̦̻͈̥͕͖̞̮̩̱̯̙̠̠̰̣ͧͪ̈ͫͣ́̽̂̀̾̅ͮ̆ͫ̚ ͢͞ ̸͖̯̯̳͓̞͛ͮͪͪ͆ͩ̃̑̀͝υ̸̣͔̣̘̳͙͙͖̱̫͚̐ͫ̈ͥ̏̃ͭͫ̂͛ͤ͟͡ὡ̵̛̭̝̯̗ ͕̼̭͖͚͚̱̝̙͎̤̯̹̪͖ͫ͗̄̏̀͋̎̋ͪ͛͊͐ͥ̕͞ρ̶̸̰̠͓͙̦͆ͬ͒̇ͣ̒̾ͯ̃̒̐̍ ͫ̒͆͐ͣ̾͘͘͟ ̢̛̥͉͙͖̲̬̙͙̥̯̥̙͕̒ͯ́ͩ͌̿̅̅̈ͧ͑̐ͤͤ̓̄ͦ̇̕͝η̵̘̦͇̫͉͔̙̺̤͍̫̞̟ ̬͋̓̿̊̓ͦ͝ο̵̢̧̦̟͍̥̹̤̮̝̦̙͇ͨ̆̄ͦ͡ρ̸͉̠̠͓̙̼͕̟͖͚̺͖ͤ̐̿̄͊͑̕͘ ͠ι̃ͩ͌͒͋ͬͬ̊ͭͨͨ̈́͊̽̚͜҉̦͇̺͈͚̜͇̩͙̮̖̠͔̠͔̪χ̸̨̼͖̫̠̹͕͍̱̰͉̩ ̱̜̋͐͐͛͐̏̚ ̸̨̬͕͎̹̰̉̃͐̃̄̌͊͊́ͦ̄͊̈̓̍̆̆̑̚͢͟͠μ̴̨͚̗̦͓̪̩͓̱̦̥̗̤̹͔̤̮̀ͯ ͊̋ͨͥͧͯͦ̃̀͟͞ͅα̢̞̫̜̩̪̱̳̪̖̯̻̱̤ͦ̓ͥ̇̓ͤ̐̑ͮ̽ͪͤ͆ͨ̓ͭ̑͌̀͟͡ω̰ ̻̳̖̳͈͉͉͓̩͙͙̝̜̞͚̥̖̈́ͮͬ͆ͮͮͨ̽͊ͪͤ͂͠͞θ͌̂̊ͩͬͯͩ̏ͬ̿͏͉̝̫̠̥͎ ̬͍̭̪̳̜̱͖͞ͅ ̢̰̞̹̞̘͍̠̳̙̘̗̫̦̖̲͖̾̀̉̄̈̅̈́̀̎̚̕ῦ̐͗̽͆ͧ̎̏͏̞̲͍̫̠̟̺͈̭̭̹͙ ̳͈̖̹̭͘ͅῳ̴̳̯̼̥͊ͥ̽ͩ͒ͩͦ͆͂̏̅̿̓ ̌̓̏ͧͧ̚͡͏̺͈̖̜̳̺̳υͧ͂͑͐ͨ̾̌ͮ̆̚͡҉̬̟̘̺̦̮̼̪͓̯̦͠ν̶̛̭̮̠̠͎̳̻ ̯̹̩̟̗̳̜͖̝͒͑̏̿́͋ͥͪͮ̚͟͟κ̴̙̲̭̮̹͉͉̖͖͔̫̙̮̺̂̽̒͒̆͐͟͟͜υ̨̢̯ ̫̯̹͙͉̰ͨͫ͑̆͛ͪ͌͋̔͘͢ͅλ̸̧̟̘͍͙̯̯̬̞̘̰͉̹̟͙ͩ̏͋̇̃͗̃͐ͦ̚͟τ̵̡̡ ͬ̎̋ͣͭ̂̈́͆ͫ͒̽͊͛ͣͩ̏҉̙̠͚͖̭̦̘̬ϋ̧͙͈̘̩̮̰̗̜͓̭̖̠͓̜̰̙̹̟ͯͬ̄̑ ̀́́͠ρ̢̡͉̰̰̟̗̠͍̺͉͓̳͔͓̱̃ͨ̄ͧͧ̃̾ͦ̀͠ε̩̦̣̜̠ͦͩ̿̏̅̊ͬ̍̚̕͝δ̿ ͋ͥ̏̃ͯ̅͂̀ͮ̋ͪ̈́ͤͥ͆̉҉̝̘̦̬̼̣̰̖̩̤̭̪̣̦͕̜̠̣̣͟͞ ̢̞͉̯͎̳̼͉͈͖ͩ̄ͯ͂̆ͫ̈̏̔̒̿͌́̚͠͝ηͨ͗̏̂͐̉ͯ̆̍̀̋ͨ͏̶̢͈͈̼͍̬̺̪̱ ͢ε͋̓͋͒ͧ̊ͯ͏͇͉̟̥̻́͜θ̡̊̀̀ͨ̽̚͞͏͇̪̫α̞̬̱̥͙̤̞̫̬̩̹͚͕͓̪͙̖̾͂ ͯͧ̔ͤ͊ͭ̽ͮ̈́̇͠͝ν̡̛̳̯̞͍̦͚̳̺̙̩̬͊̓̊̅̉̌̍̃͌͠͞͝!̨͒ͧ͂ͮ҉̨̺͎͇ ̰͎̞͙̙̘"
she shrieks at the heckler, grabbing a chair and running toward them.
Conflict (-1)

Jen who had gone back to the cheerleaders, is also unable to prevent any sort of calmness.

As you throw the chair and bang up one of the students, Mrs.Edwards rushes over.

"Takia! What the hell is wrong with you!"

"Yay, Mal! And Catherine. But mostly Mal! Even though I'm pissed at you! Well maybe Catherine then... damn it Mal this would be a lot easier if you didn't piss me off so often," Alex muttered.

Weak Allure -1

"I thought you found it hot when she pissed you off." Nate commented.

P'ro'shi stands up to try and write something encouraging on her own body. Unfortunately, her thoughts as to what to write get muddled, and thus so does the text that appears, becoming just a flowing river of confused letters of differing alphabets before she slinks back to a seat, dejected and defeated.
Weak Luck

Um. P'ro'shi, are you okay? Luna asks concerned, feeling P'ro'shi's forehead for a fever.

Tanya watched the close of the debate nervously, unsure of basically everything: who was winning or what was about to happen, how things stood with Agatha and Ethan, how worried she should be about Alex, whether anyone would notice the scratch marks she still had from her run-in with Catherine, how long Jen's illusion may last... yeah, everything.

At least with sports when things came down to the wire it was exciting, she reflected. Here it was just confusing and nerve-wracking, and that was even without all the little details of her actual life that were bothering her right now.

Weak Luck -1, Thaw Out +2 = +1 total.
Thaw Out on scene 3/3.

"Tanya, you okay you seem nervous." Ethan asks clearly concerned.

Mallory couldn't believe it. She wanted to be angry at Lestran, and she was. After all, she had gone behind her back to 'surprise' her, more likely than not in an attempt to throw off her game. However, what concerned her more is that her mom was actually at the house to answer in the first place. She had said she had a meeting with an agent today, didn't she? And agents don't usually do house calls.

Did they talk over the phone? No, if they were Lestran wouldn't have been able to call the home phone to begin with. And if her mom was using a cell phone, there's no reason she couldn't have brought it with her and done the call on the drive there or at the school. Did the agent cancel on her? Unlikely, since if that happened she would have tried to make it to the debate without Catherine having to guilt her into it. Maybe she had just gotten back? But Mallory told her about the debate. If it was important to her, she would have known to come straight from the talent agency to the school. No, there was only one logical explanation: she had deliberately come up with an excuse so she wouldn't have to come.

She lied to me. My own mother lied to me so she wouldn't have to come.

The realization hit Mallory far harder than it had every right to. It was enough to almost cause her to start crying on the spot. But there was a debate to finish. And Mallory came to the conclusion that, rather than run and hide, she would use this opportunity to show her mother just what she was missing by not coming. And more importantly, show Lestran that she would not be cowed so easily. In fact, Lestran probably expected Mallory to put the pieces together like that once she found out her mom was home, and break down enough to be unable to debate properly. But Mallory saw right through her ploy. And after pulling a stunt like that, she was more determined than ever to not let Lestran best her.

Lestran thought her team hated her now? Well, their opinion of her was about to get a whole lot worse once Mallory destroyed her in front of a live audience.

"Magic is inherently dangerous," she began, "That is not opinion, but fact. And yet while we talk about controlling guns and drugs, we let any magic not cast by a sorcerer run rampant and unchecked. Should we not treat it with caution and respect? Though the forces at play may be ancient, my team has proven here today that they have no less impact to our society than they did a thousand years ago. My opponent would claim that would mean magic is safe, but all it really shows is that society has had no real way to bring it under control. But with today's advances in technology and data collection, nowadays such an action would be trivial, if not for the continued protestation of those believing their right to remain unaccounted for is considered sacred. But just like with any weapon, far greater damage can be done if magic remains hidden. If people were able to know just who has magic and what power they were capable of, they could better protect themselves from those who would use magic to do harm, and also have an easier time finding those magic users who could assist them in a time of need. The common man would no longer have to fear that they are being manipulated mentally, or that a slight towards a co-worker will result in a curse placed on their entire family. And magic users will no longer have to fear said common men going on another witch hunt out of ignorance and fear of what they are capable of. Thus, magical registration is not only logical, but imperative to our society's continued safety."

Weak Allure, Less is More to copy Catherine. +7 total.

As Catherine and Mallory stand on the podiums. The two judges seem to consider their words.

They start to whisper upon themselves fervently. Until.

"We, the three honorable judges, do find the winner of this debate to be Northington high!" They shout in creepy unison.

Catherine slumps slightly upon hearing this, before turning to Mallory.

"Ah, well. Good game Malone." She says extending a hand.

Esprit15
2015-12-18, 02:52 AM
"Lots of things! I lack a pulse, I'm inconsistent in the head, I'm in love or lust with one of my friends which is what encouraged me to break up with my boyfriend, and I swear I will rip those lights out of the ceiling if someone doesn't fix that incessant blinking! What, I'm supposed to be polite and reserved while they act like trash? They're the ones harassing students who have worked hard to get where they are! Screw them!" Most likely, the vampire's hungry, given the paleness of her face and the fact that normally she never acts this aggressively.

Illven
2015-12-18, 02:57 AM
"Lots of things! I lack a pulse, I'm inconsistent in the head, I'm in love or lust with one of my friends which is what encouraged me to break up with my boyfriend, and I swear I will rip those lights out of the ceiling if someone doesn't fix that incessant blinking! What, I'm supposed to be polite and reserved while they act like trash? They're the ones harassing students who have worked hard to get where they are! Screw them!" Most likely, the vampire's hungry, given the paleness of her face and the fact that normally she never acts this aggressively.

Mrs.Edwards sighs.

"When's the last time you ate?" She asks.

Esprit15
2015-12-18, 02:59 AM
"Probably some time yesterday! I don't exactly have a fresh volunteer anymore, do I!?"

Necroticplague
2015-12-18, 03:33 AM
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had my train of thought derail harder than.......crap, can't think of any particular train accidents to finish this analogy."

Illven
2015-12-18, 03:37 AM
"Probably some time yesterday! I don't exactly have a fresh volunteer anymore, do I!?"

"You.... Takia.... The school is supposed to provide blood bags." Mrs.Edwards replies face-palming.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had my train of thought derail harder than.......crap, can't think of any particular train accidents to finish this analogy."

Strangely fitting, huh. Luna snarked.

The TechnoGnome
2015-12-18, 07:14 AM
As Catherine and Mallory stand on the podiums. The two judges seem to consider their words.

They start to whisper upon themselves fervently. Until.

"We, the three honorable judges, do find the winner of this debate to be Northington high!" They shout in creepy unison.

Catherine slumps slightly upon hearing this, before turning to Mallory.

"Ah, well. Good game Malone." She says extending a hand.

Mallory felt a momentary rush of relief upon hearing she had won the debate. She had done it. Even after everything thrown at her by Lestran and her own teammates, she had won. She had beaten Lestran. And it felt good.

She looked over at her nemesis' offered hand. Still high off of her victory, she decided then and there not to let Lestran get away with her false modesty.

"Of course I won," Mallory said, not bothering to take the hand, "Despite your attempts to sabotage me, I remained focused and tore apart all of your arguments. It is only natural that the judges were able to see that so easily."

Esprit15
2015-12-18, 09:15 AM
"And I hate them! They feel cold and stale, and for the past few months I have been in the habit of drinking blood from a friend who I no don't see anymore! Imagine going from gourmet food for every meal to a stale sandwich. You'd likely skip out a bit too!"

Anubis Dread
2015-12-18, 10:52 AM
"I thought you found it hot when she pissed you off." Nate commented.

"Yeah, when we're having fun play fighting it's hot. When it's about how she treats other people and lets other people treat her? Not so much," Alex sighs.

"And I hate them! They feel cold and stale, and for the past few months I have been in the habit of drinking blood from a friend who I no don't see anymore! Imagine going from gourmet food for every meal to a stale sandwich. You'd likely skip out a bit too!"

Alex overhears this and immediately perks up. "Yo!" she raises her hand and waves it as though eagerly volunteering in class.

Esprit15
2015-12-18, 01:09 PM
"You know exactly why I am not asking you, Alex," Taika says, rolling her eyes.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-18, 02:24 PM
"You know exactly why I am not asking you, Alex," Taika says, rolling her eyes.

"Hey it's not like Nate wouldn't have gotten off on it," Alex mutters bitterly.

Illven
2015-12-18, 02:26 PM
Mallory felt a momentary rush of relief upon hearing she had won the debate. She had done it. Even after everything thrown at her by Lestran and her own teammates, she had won. She had beaten Lestran. And it felt good.

She looked over at her nemesis' offered hand. Still high off of her victory, she decided then and there not to let Lestran get away with her false modesty.

"Of course I won," Mallory said, not bothering to take the hand, "Despite your attempts to sabotage me, I remained focused and tore apart all of your arguments. It is only natural that the judges were able to see that so easily."

"Oh sabotage. Malone you're such a kidder." Catherine replied.

"No because I have a child that depends on me eating well." Mrs.Edwards points out.

"Yeah, when we're having fun play fighting it's hot. When it's about how she treats other people and lets other people treat her? Not so much," Alex sighs.

"As in, she needs to be less of a doormat/bitch?" Nate asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-12-18, 02:36 PM
"As in, she needs to be less of a doormat/bitch?" Nate asked.

"Pretty much," Alex replied, still a little grumpy. Which turned her mood even more surly when she looked back at Mal on stage. "Oh for fudge sake, she isn't even taking Catherine's damn hand. What is wrong with that girl?"