PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Please help me with a Wizard/War Weaver build

Shame
2015-12-09, 11:13 PM
Background: I've read a lot about 3.5 and I did a few short one shot campaigns with my friends a few years ago but I don't have any real experience. My friend is planning a long campaign that will start at level 6 and end at 20 with all books allowed. Nothing is banned because he trusts us to not break the game. I don't want to betray that trust but I don't think he would mind if I do it by being a support who makes everybody else OP. He's also new to the game so he wants us to keep our builds simple. (no dipping into a ton of different classes and stuff.)

TL;DR I'm trying to build a War Weaver and have no idea what I'm doing.

What I have so far: I've decided to make a Wizard since it seems like the optimal choice. We've all rolled for our stats and I lucked out with 18/16/14/14/14/12 I put the 18 into INT the 16 into CON and the 12 into STR. I plan on specializing in Transmutation and dropping Enchantment and Necromancy. I'm dropping those over Evocation for RP purposes. I would like to play a human but I'm open to suggestions for other races.

TL;DR I plan on being a Wizard.

What I need help with: I don't know what to pick after I get to level 10. I'm thinking Incantatrix so it would end up being Wizard 5/War Weaver 5/Incantatrix 10. I also don't know what feats I should take, I know Improved Initiative and Spell Penetration are good ones but other than that I'm pretty clueless.

Thanks!

Hiro Quester
2015-12-10, 08:21 AM
There is a war weaver handbook here, with a focus on using war weaver to protect your friends, then blasting.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5881

Edit: you will at least need enlarge spell feat (WW prerequisite).

Twurps
2015-12-12, 09:54 AM
AvatarVecna posted a good build (as usual..) in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?470708-Practical-Optimisation-Help-me-sort-out-this-War-Weaver&highlight=war+weaver) thread. It's a gestalt build, but a simple warweaver build would just be the left side of the build.
Not sure it qualifies as 'not breaking the game' though. Maybe lose incantatrix and just add more wizard levels.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-12-12, 01:07 PM
Uncanny Forethought is probably THE premiere wizard feat- it lets you leave Int slots open and cast any spell you know out of them as a full round action. Seriously good, maybe too much - YMMV.

Any PrC is fine at 10th ss long as it has a full progression. Hmm... Spellguard of Silverymoon is a 5 level class that lets you cast selective area effects and cast personal range spells as touch- that goes well with War Weaver. Take that, then 5 levels of Archmage and call it good?