PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Help balancing and designing a new Legacy Weapon

HeadlessWaltz
2015-12-10, 12:08 AM
Im trying to create a new legacy weapon for a character.
This new weapon tries to illustrate a different concept of the character's philosophy, the Gourmet philosophy.
The Gourmet philosophy teachs that all the things in the world are ingredients and everything is part of a great and honorable food chain, where one eats another and in the end the earth itself eats all. (Yes, the manga Toriko inspired this concept.)

I represent this philosophy in some kind of a oriental culture, where the great warriors are not only honorable combatants, but great cooks too.
And on top of this belief there is a sacred item, the great Gourmet Katana, Onibi.

Onibi, The Gourmet Sword

Onibi is an adamantine katana with a golden handle and scabbard. Both are garnished with sharp, wild teeth. Its guard displays drawings of long and devilish tongues.

Non-legacy statistics: +1 Adamantine focus bastard sword; Cost 7.675 gp.; Weight 6lb.

Omen: Onibi's blade is originally clean and white. However, it consumes flesh from who it strikes, turning the metal evermore scarlet as the katana starts to bleed as if drooling with hunger.

History:

Legacy rituals:

Wielder Requirements:
Only those who understand the world as a vast kitchen full of ingredients are worthy to wield and feed the gourmet sword. Swordsages or Warblades are better suited to use it though any character can meet the requirements.

BAB +3, Weapon Focus (Katana), 8 ranks Iajutsu Focus

Onibi, The Gourmet Sword

Wielder level
Attack penalty
Fort save penalty
Hit point loss
Legacy Abilities

5th
-
-
-
Glutton Sword

6th
-
Samurai Prowess

7th
-
-
Gourmet Spirit

8th
-
-
Iaijutsu Master

9th
-
-
-
-

10th
-
-
Hunger

11th
-
-
-
Gourmet spirit 2

12th
-
-
Faster than the eye

13th
-
-
-

14th
-
-
-
Diamond Blade

15th
-
-
-
Gourmet spirit 3

16th
-
Allfeeding

17th
-
-
-
Gourmet spirit 4

18th
-
Arcane taster

19th
-
-
-
-

20th
-
-
-
Time Stop

Legacy Weapon Special Abilities

Glutton Sword: Every time this weapon deals damage to a creature with blood, it gains 1 blood point and every time this weapon deals damage to a creature with blood with a Diamond mind strike, it gains 2 blood points. When the weapon has 5 blood points, it can deal an additional 1 point of damage at the user's behest (spending the blood points). The weapon can store up to 50 blood points, allowing an additional 10 points of damage, usable all at once or divided up over a number of attacks.

Samurai prowess: Onibi grants its wielder a +5 perfection bonus on iaijutsu focus checks when the weapon has at least 1 blood point.

Gourmet spirit: +5 perfection bonus on craft cook/profession cook, These bonuses rise to +10 when the wielder reaches 11th level, to +15 when she reaches 15th level and to +20 at 17th level.

Iaijutsu master: At a cost of 5 blood points, its wielder can make any one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check using her Iaijutsu Focus skill modifier in place of all other modifiers.

Hunger: The Gourmet sword grants its wielder the Scent ability when the weapon has at least 10 blood points, creatures below half their full hit points or suffering bleed damage are considered strong scents for this ability. The weapon gains the seeking special ability when it has at least 25 blood points.

Faster than the eye: On command (as a free action) at a cost of 5 blood points, the weapon gains a special ability, The first attack made with it each round is made as if the target were flat-footed.

Diamond Blade: Onibi gives its user a +10 perfection bonus on concentration checks when making checks for Diamond Mind strikes.

Allfeeding: When the weapon has at least 25 blood points its users gains +5 resistance bonus on saves against poison and diseases. Poison and disease Immunity when the weapon has 50 blood points. Everytime its users makes a successful save check against a poison or disease, the weapon gains 5 blood points.

Arcane taster: The user of Onibi can ready an action to absorb spells targeted at her as if it was a rod of absorption. It gets 5 blood points for every spell level absorbed.

Time Stop: At a cost of 50 bloodpoints you can use time stop as the spell, caster level 20th.

Well, this is my concept, I like the bloodfeeding like special ability and how it represents the hunger the sword has and how it gets most of its powers and abilities from being full or expending his energy.
I used this thread to help me: brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5907.0

I would like to know what you guys think about it, its balenced? It even works?

Thank you =]