PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help me build a high level Unseen Seer.

Huldaerus
2015-12-10, 04:03 AM
Hi folks!

I'm building a Rogue1/Wiz4/Unseen Seer 10 and I could use some help. I will be playing a solo campaign. I will be able to have some followers here and there, but I'll be solo most of the time. Versatility and defeat enemies by myself are my priorities. I think of him as a magic-user James Bond. His stats looks like this atm: Str 12, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 28, Wis 12, Cha 14.

Race is homebrew +2 Int -2 Con, +2 on one Knowledge skill, +3 Sense motive, Telepathy 30': SLA 1/day detect thoughts and Daze. Nevertheless, the GM has allowed me to take Able Learner. Apart from that and Practiced Spellcaster, I am not sure of what other feats should I get. Leadership is out of the table.

I have the standard 200k gold to buy my equipment. I'll take a +6 Int headband, +4 Con Amulet, Ring of Feather Fall, Metamagic Rod of Quicken, Extend and Silent Spell (all lesser) and Heward's handy haversack. And I'll get some more spells to add to my spellbook.Maybe a Boccob's Blessed Book or something like that?

I'm lost on what spells to memorize. I can't just take Treantmonk's list and call it a day because I won't have a group. I'll probably need to use more summons and some blasting I guess. We are using UA spell point system btw.

Any help on what feats, spells and items to take is greatly appreciated!

nedz
2015-12-10, 05:44 AM
Melee or Ranged ?

It matters because you need different feats for each option.
E.g. for Ranged you might want PBS, PS and Deadeye shot

Huldaerus
2015-12-10, 06:03 AM
Ranged. But he's more a caster than an archer. Something around ranged touch spells, maybe?

nedz
2015-12-10, 06:15 AM
Then you will need some Rays.

Consider Rogue 1 / Wizard 4 / Unseen Seer 2 / Spellwarp Sniper 5 / Unseen Seer +8
Then you can turn AoEs into Rays for more flexibility.
Also you want spells with riders since SS removes the save.
Spells which allow you to sneak attack constructs and undead are also useful, though there is a feat for the latter.

Feats:
Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Split Ray, Deadeye Shot; also the usual Darkstalker and Craven.

I'd normally look at using Sorcerer instead of Wizard, for more tactical flexibility, but it doesn't really matter.

Ed:
The Combat Wizard (UA 59) ACF would allow you to take Precise Shot at level 2 instead of Scribe Scroll.
Having Precise Shot before SS 3 allows you to grab another feat which you might not have qualified for earlier.