PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alchemist Elf Archer, 25 point build. Stat suggestions?

Odessa333
2015-12-10, 12:30 PM
Topic. Elf Alchemist, using a bow to deliver poisons/bombs and using potions/infusions to buff.

Right now I have
STR: 10
DEX: 18
CON: 10
INT: 18
WIS: 10
CHA: 8

after racial bonus. I still have 5 more points. I'm torn if I should boost Will (weakest save, perception) get a bit more CON/HP/Fort save, try to salvage my CHA, etc. Open to ideas. Thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you for you time!

Geddy2112
2015-12-10, 12:40 PM
Boost wisdom to at least a 12-Failing a will save is often a fate worse than death. You will be ranged and have plenty of buffing/curative abilities available, so con is less important. You could go to a 14 in con and a 12 in wis with the 5 points, giving you a 12 in each if you want a decent balance. Or a 14 in wis, which I think is slightly more important. Neither is wrong though. Don't boost charisma, it is utterly useless. You could even dump charisma more for extra points, but If you don't want a super low cha I understand. UMD is a class skill, so the -1 won't really matter after a few levels. You can take the pragmatic activator trait and have UMD based on intelligence if you really want to focus on it.

Platymus Pus
2015-12-10, 01:14 PM
Topic. Elf Alchemist, using a bow to deliver poisons/bombs and using potions/infusions to buff.

Right now I have
DEX: 18
CON: 10
INT: 18
WIS: 10
CHA: 8

after racial bonus. I still have 5 more points. I'm torn if I should boost Will (weakest save, perception) get a bit more CON/HP/Fort save, try to salvage my CHA, etc. Open to ideas. Thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you for you time!
I believe I got this right.

Elf: +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and –2 Constitution.(PF) 25 points
DEX: 16(+10)(+2 race after)
CON: 12(+2 from cha)(-2 from race after)
INT: 16(+10)(+2 race after)
WIS: 14(+5)
CHA: 8(-2 given to balance cost of race from after 12 and 8 scale directly to each other, cha is dump stat here so worth it)

If you decide to put points into con to get it to 14(16) it's going to cost 10 points best you can do is 7 points for an 13 and you'd ignore wis,since that isn't possible don't bother you can boost it with items later or just be immune to things that relate to con rolls most times. The hp con bonuses will scale on it's own later.
Putting the 5 points into wis is optimal here, 14 wis is the bordering point for lots of nice things you can get and it'll help your save on it, also your perception. You are an archer, your perception is important. Also an alchemist, you should have some wisdom logically.

N. Jolly
2015-12-10, 04:26 PM
For me, I'd go lower on dex and int.

Since we're probably dealing with a 25 point buy, I'd set it up like:

14 str (5 points, giving you some damage on composite bows and a decent base if you want to melee)
16 dex (5 points +2 racial, solid enough without tanking everything else)
12 con (5 points -2 racial, so you're not getting hammered all the time.
16 int (5 points +2 racial, easily possible and still nice damage)
14 wis (5 points, now you've got a solid will save)
10 cha( 0 points, you don't need anything here, you could dump it, but it'll only push a few things up to odd numbers)

With this, you can do damage with a composite bow, you're only -1 on attack and bomb damage, your will save isn't the worst thing ever, and you're pretty well rounded.