PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pawn Collection

Cardea
2015-12-10, 11:12 PM
DM (Me) is sitting at gaming table getting set-up for the night's session of The Emerald Spire. The Player who plays Veldren, the Anti-Paladin of Achaekek, says to the group. "So hey, we were thinking of playing Iron Gods, right?" There is a middling murmur of agreement. The Player who plays Sparrow, Arcanist Intern of the Goldenfire Order, and constant target of Skeletons, speaks up next. "As long as there aren't any skeletons in space suits, I'm good."

"It looks like they have laser guns? I'm in." Says Rumple, Oread Cleric, decent dude all around, and new to the group. "Gunslinger is a class right?"

"Yes it is, I say."

"I think I'll go Bard, then." Says Magpie, Rogue and Thief and official Mapper of the Emerald Spire, who played a Bard in our run of Rise of the Runelords, who was disintegrated.

"Cool, I'll be back in a moment." Says Veldren. He comes back five minutes later with all six books of Iron Gods, two decks of cards for the Iron Gods setting stuff, and the Iron Gods Pawn Collection.

The point of all this is, how the heck do I store all of these? I popped them all out to put them in plastic sleeves for coins and cards or sheets of paper, thinking it'd be an easy way to store them, but I run into the issue of, they can slip out. They can slip out and then they go missing and I'm all of a sudden missing a cardboard cutout for a boss fight I spent an hour prepping for and I have to tell my party to wait five minutes while I look in the bottom of my bag for it. So does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can store a Pawn Collection, outside of keeping them in their cardboard sheets, or putting them in plastic protector sheets?

SwordChucks
2015-12-10, 11:58 PM
Is there a reason ziplock bags won't work?

Cardea
2015-12-11, 08:33 AM
Bending and possible warping. They have to go into little plastic standees, and any slight damage might mess their ability to look nice, be clear as to what they are and stand up straight while on the map.

Psyren
2015-12-11, 11:01 AM
We use ziploc bags and haven't had any issues with damage. It's not like they're going into the back of a hay wagon at the end of the session, they're just getting put on a shelf somewhere.

Quertus
2015-12-11, 11:14 AM
while I look in the bottom of my bag for it. So does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can store a Pawn Collection, outside of keeping them in their cardboard sheets, or putting them in plastic protector sheets?

Don't store the Ziploc bags in your (duffle) bag, store them in one or more small, hard cases - tool boxes, game boxes, etc.

Psyren
2015-12-11, 12:06 PM
Don't store the Ziploc bags in your (duffle) bag, store them in one or more small, hard cases - tool boxes, game boxes, etc.

Or heck, cookie tins are cheap and work well too