PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Resident Evil D20 Redux

AlanBruce
2015-12-11, 03:48 AM
Greetings! A few years back I stumbled upon this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?49714-Resident-Evil-D20) by Zeta Kai. It did an amazing job adapting all things Resident Evil into a 3.5 homebrew format.

The link, thankfully, can still be seen, but it was closed by a Moderator years ago, so it cannot be expanded.

I was hoping to get some fresh new ideas for the following titles, which the thread did not get to cover. Mostly the creatures found in each of the following titles, new weapons (if any, the games tend to have the same weapons in every game), and if anybody has an idea for a PrC or template, even better.

The games we are looking to convert to 3.5 (specifically the items mentioned above) are from the following titles:

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil: Revelations

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Thankfully, the previous thread dealt with a bunch of existing templates for creatures which resurface in a mildly altered way in RE5 and 6, but there are new viruses. New, unique creatures.

There's Albert Wesker and his Matrix moves!

So I am hoping to garner interest and see the brilliant minds at Homebrew come up with amazing new critters, classes, PrC and templates that can be used in new aberration/undead games.

Looking forward to your amazing contributions!

Debihuman
2015-12-11, 08:10 AM
Sorry that I am unable to help as I have never played the games. If someone else wants to homebrew more stuff, I'll be happy to critique but I don't have the background to create new content on my own.

Debby

AlanBruce
2015-12-12, 04:18 AM
Sorry that I am unable to help as I have never played the games. If someone else wants to homebrew more stuff, I'll be happy to critique but I don't have the background to create new content on my own.

Thank you for your interest, Debby. You do not need to have played the games in order to come up with a creature or set of creatures using 3.5 monster making mechanics.

Reason why I linked the original thread, which goes in depth about the various monsters, characters, viruses and templates that can be used very well in a d&d game.

For those who have played RE 5, 6 and Revelations 1 & 2, creating new enemies by using the mechanics from the old thread should not be too difficult, unless you plan to make them an entirely new creature, based on the virus used (this goes particularly well with RE 5 and Revelations 2, which uses a virus unique to any other seen in the game).