PDA

View Full Version : Aluria: The Age of Sin

Samshiir
2015-12-11, 01:59 PM
Findicano
Stormhaven is a grand metropolis located on the eastern shore of the main continent of Aluria. Originally built in the early years of the Age of Awakening, Stormhaven was founded by groups of pirates, traders, and shipmasters seeking shelter from the ocean's brutal weather. Today, the city is no more than a gathering of ex-Daetharian military, conscripts, mercenaries, and lowlifes trying to make a living without thought of the rest of the city's right to live.

This has been your home ever since the Solvarian military wiped out your home to the west. It is common knowledge that the only reason the Solvarians annihilated the western borders of this Daetharian nation was in self-defense.

Kyrus
As a high standing member of the Thieves Guild of Stormhaven, you are often assigned missions to carry out against the local tyrant, more commonly referred to as Governor Felix. As such, Edricht Sedwin, a local businessman and long time ally of the Guild, has given you information about a bounty hunter hired by Felix that is tracking an elf named Findicano Throshana. Apparently Felix is out for blood and is no friend to this elf. As a close friend to Findicano, Sedwin wants you to find him before Felix's man.

Falcon777
2015-12-12, 12:38 PM
After finishing his breakfast, Kyrus stretched lazily. It had been a quiet couple of weeks and he was enjoying his time off. Kyrus splashed some water on his face to wake up more thoroughly when he heard a knock at the door.

He called out "Who's there?!" while approaching his mirror set up to let him see outside. It was a young lad, probably no older than 14 and he was clearly carrying a letter in his hands.

"A messenger from Mr Edricht Sedwin sir!"

"Ah hah," Kyrus thought. "He's probably got another job for me." Kyrus quickly donned his hat of disguise and changed his look to his normal facade for dealing with messengers. He then opened the door.

"Well then, good lad, let's see it." The young man handed Kyrus the letter. It read as such:

Greetings Kyrus, I hope this finds you quickly. Our beloved leader has found a man for a job that needs executing and has sent for an expert messenger to inform him of the offer. The messenger has a fondness for dark cats and supposedly defends himself with a falchion, though you know how rumors are. He may be taking a circuitous route, so you should have a chance at delivering the news first. The recruit's name is Findecano Throshana. He's an elf that lives in the business district of Stormhaven, though I don't know the exact location. He's a friend of mine, and I'm currently busy with work at the moment. If you could be so kind as to give him a hand with this new job, as well as congratulate him, I would be in your debt and most appreciative.

Your patron,

Edricht Sedwin

"Well, thank you lad. Here's a silver piece for your trouble."
The young man smiled. "Thank you sir! Should I bring him a response?"

Kyrus nodded. "Indeed just let him know that his message has been received and that I agree to his terms. I'll contact him when it's finished. You can remember that, right?"

"Of course, sir!" the lad responded.

"Excellent. Here's another silver piece to see the job done."

"Thank you sir!" the boy exclaimed, taking the proffered coin and running off to return the message. Kyrus then stepped back into his apartment and closed the door.

"Damn that Felix!" he exclaimed. "Going after a friend of a friend...well. We can't have that, now can we?"

Kyrus quickly gathered his supplies and armory, doffed them, and changed his look to that of a slightly well to do adventuring swordsman. He also made himself look human instead of like the half elf he was. "This should hopefully help to get past people's prejudices. I've got to find this Findecano quickly."

Kyrus then left his apartment and set off for the business district of Stormhaven.

Sorry if I placed Findecano's residence in a place of the city you don't want. I forgot to check his sheet before beginning the post, and I didn't want to lose my progress by changing tabs to look (stupid "smart" phone). I can fix that if you need me to.

Also, I'll get to die rolling in the second post. I figured I could at least respond to the setting and beginning plot to start fleshing out Kyrus.

Farmerbink
2015-12-12, 05:23 PM
A brief groan escaped between Findecáno's lips. For the first time in almost a decade, a thin line of red appeared just below his left earlobe- at the jawline. "Blast it, what's wrong with you, man?" he inquired of the irritated face in the mirror.

He'd been up most of the night, struggling with his thoughts. Something about this deal felt wrong, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Staring into his own reflection, he succumbed once more to his thoughts. The man checked out, his sources were legitimate, so why do I have this feeling that I'm being conned, somehow?

A splash of water from his basin removed the scant remaining foam and the worst of the blood, while invigorating his features otherwise. Irritably, he grabs a small damp cloth, and places it against his jawline, more forcefully than strictly necessary. With a quick breath, he extinguishes the table-lamp, and picks up his candlestick.

Striding into the next room with his long gait, he sniffs once. At least those are coming along nicely, he thinks to himself, as the pungent aroma of simmering alchemical compounds assaults his senses. A few minor tweaks here than there, slightly more heat to this, just a dash more of the greycap powder to that one... Satisfied, for the time being, he turns to the only clear space in his workshop. He scoops up six small vials, and goes about with his daily ritual, preparing the elixirs that he never leaves home without.

An hour passes, and as is often the case, his stomach begins grumbling just as he puts the final touches on his mutagen. Pocketing the various concoctions, he slides into his fine-link shirt, and sword-belt, and gently drapes a simple blue linen shirt over it all.

He unbars and unlocks his door, and opens it just as dawn's first rays filter down the street. Living at the top of even a gentle incline has its perks. He sighs in contentment at the beauty of the first day's beams. Already, the sweet, enticing scent of fresh bread calls from the small bakery at the end of the block. Smiling, he takes his first steps into the day, fully intent upon getting to the bottom of his unease.

....after breakfast, anyway.

No problem, at all. You guessed or remembered correctly :-)

Falcon777
2015-12-15, 01:23 PM
While walking towards the business district, Kyrus kept an eye out for suspicious activity. He also began mentally reviewing his knowledge of the business district of Stormhaven, especially the prominent people who lived there. He hoped one of them knew where Findicano lived.

perception[roll0]
Knowledge local [roll1]