PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Building and Playing a Slaver

Gwazi Magnum
2015-12-11, 03:58 PM
Basically what are ways both mechanically and roleplay wise you'd suggest playing a Slaver in a Pathfinder Campaign.

Taking 3.5 content for this is allowed.

Geddy2112
2015-12-11, 04:04 PM
For me, whip and/or spiked chain proficiency comes to mind, as well as intimidate. Bards fit the bill fairly well, but so do hobgoblins with the pit boss archetype, and half-orcs with the city-raised archetype. Zon-Kuthon gives spiked chain proficiency to his inquisitors and clerics, and has plenty of fluff about slavery. Calistria gives her followers whip proficiency.

noob
2015-12-11, 04:20 PM
You might also play an human and take a class like monk/priest/warblade/wizard and enslave people.
There is no particular race or class for enslaving people there is just some cliche who runs around.

Platymus Pus
2015-12-11, 04:28 PM
Basically what are ways both mechanically and roleplay wise you'd suggest playing a Slaver in a Pathfinder Campaign.

Taking 3.5 content for this is allowed.

Being murdered by Good aligned PCs roleplay wise.

Mechanically if 3.5 content is allowed you might be able to get away with 3.0 since well this is all one section for a reason.
I'd suggest you'd look into the "The Book of Erotic Fantasy", "Book of Nymphology" is also an option.
Or maybe the "book of exalted deeds" if you want your more mundane sort of evils.

Gwazi Magnum
2015-12-11, 04:49 PM
Ok, so far I'm considering Inquistor with the "Conversion Inquisition" and the "Sacred Huntsmaster" variant.

I'm also considering the "Mercantile Background" feat.

Being murdered by Good aligned PCs roleplay wise.

Mechanically if 3.5 content is allowed you might be able to get away with 3.0 since well this is all one section for a reason.
I'd suggest you'd look into the "The Book of Erotic Fantasy", "Book of Nymphology" is also an option.
Or maybe the "book of exalted deeds" if you want your more mundane sort of evils.

Yea, 3.0 would also be allowed by extension.

Though I have to ask, what is it with those books you think I should look at?
I mean I've seen them both before, but I can't recall anything that wouldn't just boil down to "use sex slaves for yourself", while part of the goal with the Slaver is to profit off them.

Flickerdart
2015-12-11, 04:58 PM
The Thayan Slaver PrC is pretty good for your intended purpose, though you can only enter at level 8. They get some neat slaver things:

proficiency with the sap, whip, and net (and also spiked chain for some reason)
the ability to deal nonlethal damage with any weapon with no penalty (a -2 penalty if it's a sneak attack)
death attack, except only to paralyze
Wisdom damage by making Intimidate checks and Strength damage by making sneak attacks
4th level spells cast as a wizard with a lot of spells at a reduced level, including sequester (as level 4, normally level 7), veil (as level 4, normally level 6), dominate person (as level 3, normally level 5)

Platymus Pus
2015-12-11, 05:06 PM
Though I have to ask, what is it with those books you think I should look at?
I mean I've seen them both before, but I can't recall anything that wouldn't just boil down to "use sex slaves for yourself", while part of the goal with the Slaver is to profit off them.
The spells in the book, you could be an evil bastard and warp a person to such a degree it meets the customer's requested needs, everyday if need be.
There are spells that basically force sex and take away will.
TBH some of the spells in those books. Are stupidly powerful, they are your stick and punishments that give things worse than death are possible. Same for some of the items.
I'd give those books a once over again because it's more than just for yourself.

Quertus
2015-12-11, 05:45 PM
(One incarnation of) my favorite 3.x character was in a party with a Neogri (sp?) slaver. As I was a cleric, I could keep the slaves healthy... and animate anything we killed to sell as undead slaves. Great times.

You need some way to pacify the creatures, and some way to keep them under control (these could be the same thing, or different things). Subdual damage and ropes are the easiest to come by... and the least effective. Diplomacy is the second easiest to come by, and perhaps the most stylish, but also the most real world creepy, and probably the most likely to get a book thrown at you. Consider charm, domination, poison, ability drain / damage, bestow curse, petrification, polymorph, or, heck, chop their limbs off if you've got a cost effective way to regenerate them later.

Feeding and transportation are issues you need to consider, as is long term storage if you plan on running your own business and not just selling your slaves off to the evil empire.

Gwazi Magnum
2015-12-11, 06:16 PM
The spells are a good point, so there's two avenue's I'm considering now.

Inquisitor/Investigator Gestalt (Campaign I'm thinking for usually allows it).
Investigator has Relentless Inspector & Steel Hound.
Inquisitor has Conversion Inquisition and Sacred Huntsmaster.

Meanwhile I could also go Sorcerer and just go mind control crazy with spells.

Though I double checked the book of erotic fantasy, the best I could find was hurting people for having sex, or make them a virgin. Nothing in regards to mind control or anything like that.

Platymus Pus
2015-12-11, 08:53 PM
The spells are a good point, so there's two avenue's I'm considering now.

Inquisitor/Investigator Gestalt (Campaign I'm thinking for usually allows it).
Investigator has Relentless Inspector & Steel Hound.
Inquisitor has Conversion Inquisition and Sacred Huntsmaster.

Meanwhile I could also go Sorcerer and just go mind control crazy with spells.

Though I double checked the book of erotic fantasy, the best I could find was hurting people for having sex, or make them a virgin. Nothing in regards to mind control or anything like that.

Impotence, sterile forever you control your trade, no one else.
You can even change boob size male or female from the nymphology book if the customer is into that.

Anything from a Double-D down to an A-cup can be given regardless of the gender of the target.
There is also a spell called Change Orientation(yes, I can MAKE you like something), change sex(both books have this). Pheromone Enhancer.
You can make most if not all these things permanent easily. There is also a spell that allows you to remove people's armor. 1st level spell, easy kills.

Did I mention that you're really bloody evil if you're a slaver because you force living beings against their will to do inhuman things, in a fantasy setting?
You sure about going for this?

AMFV
2015-12-11, 09:26 PM
We need to know a lot more fluff stuff. Are you playing an Arcane type, a Divine type? What sort of country are you from? What are their views on slavery? What kind of slavery do you espouse and follow? What does your character use the slaves for?

Secret Wizard
2015-12-12, 12:31 AM
I would totally play a slaver as a Ranger or a Slayer, I like the idea of being good at tracking escapees and having a good set of skills to coax them to work as well.

I would probably play a Half-Orc or a Hobgoblin because they have easy access to whip proficiency...

But that being said, I think Human is probably the best because you can take Military Tradition to get proficiency with scorpion whips and brutal bolas, both fitting instruments for battle and intimidation.

The Bounty Hunter Slayer has the whole package too.

Spore
2015-12-12, 07:27 AM
I really like the (high level) Cleric as slaver. You basically use your slaves as payment for demons. You conjure up a Kalavakus (I know you can't do this without the 6th level Planar Ally but it's just fluff) and trade in your slaves for demonic servants. Go for Diplomacy and Bluff and let the haggling begin:

"Three dozen slaves. They'll net you about 50 HD down there. You give me an Quasit spy and a Shadow Demon and I'll be sure to get it to an important host body within two months. I've got connections to some people very high up."

Et voila, you just got a Shadow Demon to possess the Duke.

stack
2015-12-12, 11:10 AM
If using 3PP, the guru from DSP's Akashic mysteries can do excellent nonlethal damage while having numerous skills and general versatility. Fluff is mutable.

Edgar Snow
2015-12-12, 12:11 PM
Since Conversion Inquisition and half orc came up, go fear based?

Half orc Inquisitor with Conversion gets big bonuses to intimidate, and you can dump Charisma. Grab whip or chain perhaps. Enforcer feat seems like an excellent feat for this purpose. Maybe Dazzling Display and the other basic fear combos. Plus, spells for support.

Psyren
2015-12-12, 12:43 PM
Pit Boss Hobgoblin Inquisitor probably