PDA

View Full Version : Honor Harrington Novels

russdm
2015-12-11, 08:08 PM
I am posting to simply ask if anybody of anywhere it talks about David Weber's plans for the main and secondary HH plotlines. Since their end in A Rising Thunder and Shadow of Freedom and Cauldron of Ghosts, I have not seen anything so far. I know that Weber had done or is doing the Manticore Ascendant trilogy and I picked up the first book for that; but I want to know what is going after A Rising Thunder and Shadow of Freedom.

It didn't or doesn't seem to me that either plotline has concluded out. So I would like to know and also know where to look to find out more. Thank you Playgrounders.

The Glyphstone
2015-12-11, 08:56 PM
HH has a very mixed reaction around here - you'd be far better off going over to David's official forums (davidweber.net) and asking the members there.

From what I remember, though, there's going to be one more book in the Saganami Cadets series, and either one or two more 'mainline' Honornovels, then the series will be mostly wrapped up as far as primary plot goes.

Gnoman
2015-12-11, 09:01 PM
I really would hesitate to put much stock into Weber's plans for more than the very next novel - Harrington was scheduled to be killed at First Manticore up until Crown of Slaves (the whole Mesan Alignment thing was supposed to be handled by her children a few decades later, but the timeline wound up being accelerated), for example.

Rodin
2015-12-11, 11:05 PM
Did A Rising Thunder and Shadow of Freedom have a noticeable uptick in quality from the last couple? I kinda want to see the series, y'know, conclude, but the Mesans were such moustache-twirling villains and the Sollies so pathetic that I kinda lost the will to keep going with it. The fact that the series could have been wrapped up with an epilogue at the end of Ashes of Victory didn't help in that regard.

Rakaydos
2015-12-11, 11:57 PM
Did A Rising Thunder and Shadow of Freedom have a noticeable uptick in quality from the last couple? I kinda want to see the series, y'know, conclude, but the Mesans were such moustache-twirling villains and the Sollies so pathetic that I kinda lost the will to keep going with it. The fact that the series could have been wrapped up with an epilogue at the end of Ashes of Victory didn't help in that regard.

Well, Honor Sue is offscreen for most of it, but there's still plenty of moustach twirling on the part of the mesans, even as the cracks start to appear in their "foolproof" master plan...