PDA

View Full Version : 5e evil ic

Heartspan
2015-12-11, 11:30 PM
The six "heroes" stand in the center of the keep, weapons drawn and surrounded with the corpses of slain goblins and hobs. Begin.

Prince Zahn
2015-12-12, 09:59 AM
N'nileus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=638884) Neo-Human Arctic Druid

The arrival at the keep was most unnerving, He came running, panting, holding a large sack of gold as he fled from eminent danger to (what he thought and was assured to be-) an abandoned old keep on the uphill plains. but his successful escape led to nothing but misfortune as they ran into goblinoids - how he hated goblinoids with such a passion - Such inferior, filthy, destructive creatures. . . slaying them for their territory seemed like the only logical choice when they began to overstay his welcome.

Bloodshed was inevitable, but N'nileus and his partner in crime survived the encounter in one piece. the wolves he had brought to the knife fight, however, have seen better days.
He speaks in an incomprehensible tongue to the wounded alpha wolf, as he releases the pack's wild souls to whence they came in a puff of snowflakes - no healing, nor goodbyes, just a bow and a smirk accompanied the magic words of dismissal.

N'nileus wiped the blood off of his face, but the thick goblin blood instead smeared his pale face and white hair.

"Who's next!" he cried in a high pitched, rather feminine voice. his heart was pounding, bloodlust and magic surged through his veins.

Irish Musician
2015-12-12, 01:45 PM
Myrick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=640160), Half-Elf Shadowfell-Touched

Myrick was a mess, standing in front of these strangers. His clothes were completely soaked in goblin blood and even though the air hung heavy with heat of dead goblins, his breath could be seen as if it were a cold day, as he breathed in and out. Though he breathed heavy, he did not look aggressive or as though he was preparing to attack. He actually looked.....calm.

Myrick had been in the tower for a while, and after showing his arcane strength, the goblins had learned to leave him alone and would even bring "presents" to him to keep him away. This had gone on for a couple of weeks and then the tower came under attack. For the first part, Myrick couldn't see who was attacking it, but saw goblins running around trying to get ready for battle. As the attackers came in, he saw they weren't pitiful races like the goblins. But powerful warriors and casters that were mowing the goblins down. Myrick shrugged and from behind the goblin lines started the one game he thought was fun.....Exploding Monsters. Firebolts started to fly all over, and ghostly hands starts to strangle goblins as he walked through them to meet the newcomers.

Eventually the fighting stopped and the goblins were dead. There was still one monster left, but Myrick thought it might be unwise to attack this one.....a Minotaur. Then the human spoke up, in a rather uncharacteristically high voice, and seemed to want to fight more. Myrick just cocked his head to the side, as a dog might when confused, and looked at the ground just behind the high-energy human. A goblin just behind the human was stirring a had a knife in its hand, and raised it to stab the human in the leg. Myrick raised his hand up, which did look a little like he was about to cast at the human. But instead a cold, dead hand appeared at the goblin's throat and it started to emit choking sounds, dropping the dagger.

After a few, quick moments it went limp and the hand disappeared. He nodded to the human and walked over to the Minotaur. He looked up at the large creature and walked around him, seeming to be very interested in the large bull. He eventually made it to the front of him again and turned to the rest of the group. A soft, almost frail, icy voice crept out of Myrick's mouth.....it almost sounded dead, "I am Myrick....." and he turned back to the Minotaur, "....and you are an amazing creature."

Myrick waved a hand from his head down and all of the goblin blood disappeared. Underneath it it looked as though you were looking at a zombie or corpse. Myrick's eyes are sunken in, his skin is ever so slightly tinted blue, his eyes are bloodshot, and his lips are slightly purple. And of course, with every breath that is exhaled, a cold frost of vapor comes out of his mouth. And looking at his hair for too long tends to make people feel uncomfortable, as if they were looking into the Shadowfell itself.

DoctorGlock
2015-12-12, 02:08 PM
Elias picked at his armor. It shouldn't be black. it was supposed to be shining silver with the red rose prominent. There were standards to maintain.

He couldn't give half a damn. He stopped trying to rub soot off of the burnt and blackened enamel and pulled his blade out of another goblin. His name had been B'thardun. He spat with distaste. The deed was done now. He needed the help of new allies and his own keep, and the goblins could no longer offer shelter. It was the cruel arithmetic of power. Look out for number one. Besides, he recognized some of the intruders. If the rest were as competent as the few he knew then he needed them as well.

'It's ok Myric. I know some of 'em.' the fallen knight says jerking his thumb at the newcomers. Turning towards them himself he sketched a mocking bow. 'Welcome to my humble keep. Mimmi, good to see that you escaped Earl Greyfort's men. Who are the others?'

Irish Musician
2015-12-12, 03:37 PM
Myrick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=640160), Half-Elf Shadowfell-Touched
Myrick turned to his fallen paladin friend.....a sort of project he has been working on since he met the once noble warrior. Elias hasn't yet fully descended into the evil shadow that Myrick is full of....but it is only a matter of time.

Myricks nods to the paladin, "As you say," and starts to walk around the room full of dead goblins, trying to find any that might be still alive. Every now and again he will find one that is either playing dead or just barely alive. As the others talk, they hear sounds of electrical energies surging and goblins being electrocuted, and then falling still. If Myrick happens to find any objects of note, he will collect them as we walks through the dead bodies.

Perception for finding stuff [roll0], in case you want one.

Pyon
2015-12-12, 04:53 PM
Mimmi dismounted, and cleaned the blood off her rapier. She looked around at the others, her face not revealing her thoughts. We can't get a rest now can we. However she gave a heartwarming smile when she was greeted. "Always pleasant to see you, Sir Jormaunt. I don't see any reason for trouble, we fought together and so we all deserve to rest, am I wrong?" She twirled a lock of hair as she looked to her side.

"This is the strong N'nileus my companion. We are looking for a place to stay, you wouldn't mind letting us rest here." Mimmi turned back to look at the knight, this time with a soft smile. "Would you?"

DoctorGlock
2015-12-12, 05:00 PM
'Not at all Lady,' he said with a sardonic grin. 'Make yourself at home, with all the finest trappings my hospitality can bear,' he gestures at the crumbling walls and halls open to the elements. 'Five course meals, provided you really enjoy gruel.'

Prince Zahn
2015-12-12, 05:37 PM
N'nileus took a good look around him as he picked up a rusted spear. The walls were man-made and deteriorating, the colors dull and depressing, spacious it certainly was but where is the furniture? And what is this about eating gruel?

"Mimmi, is this bloke serious?" N'nileus raised his eyebrow and pointed the rusty spear at the sir knight. "This place is just. . . dreadful. These walls will not save a soul from an angry gnu. It is no fit at all for a man of your standing, so much less my own..

"We also just slain a menagerie of goblinoids, I would rather eat them than common gruel." N'nileus suggested, as he contemplated making a nice necklace from the hobgoblins' colorful noses."—"and we certainly could, you know. surely I—we, deserve better for this victory."

Vlamidjan
2015-12-13, 01:34 AM
The battle was neither long nor hard and Asterion and his employer didn't suffer any wounds. That was mostly because they arrived late at the scene but still a victory is a victory. Around them were lying the dead bodies of several goblinoids that made this derelict keep their home. The goblinoids however were not alone at the keep when Asterion and Lord Tonland arrived. There were four more individuals there, two humans and two half elves. "Looks like they are also after whatever you are looking for." Asterion didn't know what the nobleman wanted in this abandoned keep. It wasn't his job to know and he didn't care enough about it to ask anyway. He was being paid to guide him and protect him, not ask questions. "What are we gonna do now, boss?" Asterion said looking back at him with a tone of irony apparent in his voice. He was hired by him but wanted to imply that he wasn't one of his lackeys and wouldn't just be bossed around. The other individuals seemed to know each other but Asterion didn't bother talking to any of them. Not even when one of those, Myrick, a sickly looking half-elf introduced himself. For Asterion all four of them were still enemies and dangerous ones at that. He was ready to cut Myrick in half should Lord Tonland ask for it.

Frendle
2015-12-14, 07:04 PM
Tonland smiles as the Half Elf walks around the Hulking Minotaur. He listens to each of the others in turn. It seemed that the Fellow in soot covered armor has placed some claim on this place, well that is fine, this place will be a temporary refuge, the only claim he makes is on another place. Stepping forward he speaks softly to Asterion "We get a feel for where the wind is blowing." then he answers Myrick.

“Yes. He is a marvelous being, is he not?” Bowing to Myrick, then to the others, “I am Lord Tonland Carth, some of you may know me perhaps, but if not, that is fine.” Walking into the center of the three groups without any apparent concern for the drawn weapons and grim faces he continues, “I see from this short skirmish that we are all capable in our given crafts. That is good.”

The Warlock turns toward the armored warrior and looks up the length of his glaive and then smiles again. “You have taken ownership of this place?” Tonland looks about at the pieces and parts of the former residents, “I doubt the former landlords will complain much, as for me, I would be glad to acknowledge your claim in return for your hospitality.” He concludes his speech with a courteous bow though never removing his eyes from his host.

DoctorGlock
2015-12-14, 08:58 PM
Jormaunt gazes about the desolate keep and lets out a rueful laugh. 'Why not?,' he replies to Tonland, though which question he answered is unclear. 'A knight's got to have a keep I guess. Take it up with spooky there too though,' he continues, jerking a thumb towards the corpse-like sorcerer.

It had felt good. Charging through their ranks, he almost felt like a proper knight again. All too soon it fades...

'If you want to eat any though I'd advise against it. Golamog had stomach bloat,' he says to Nnilius, kicking one of the bodies with a steel-shot foot. 'And it was spreading. As your generous 'host' I feel hospitality compels me to warn you, though if you insist..'

Irish Musician
2015-12-14, 10:39 PM
After Myrick is done with the goblin corpses, he stands with the others, just listening to the conversation. He doesn't tend to say much, and usually answers in short sentences. When does does go on at length, it is generally for good reason. "I do not care if they stay here."

Prince Zahn
2015-12-18, 12:40 PM
N'nileus backed away from the goblin and sticked out his tongue. His buck teeth showed as he expressed disgust. "Ick!" he said rather arroganty. "goblinoids carrying stomach bloat, Why am I not surprised?"

N'nileus sits, thinking what he could do to eat, he never had gruel, but it does NOT sound like a proper meal for a sovereign.
could I roll to see if N'nileus noticed anything in the area worth eating? I.e. berries, wildlife, fruit, a farm we could steal from, etc.?

As he pondered, he rose up and drew out his leather working tools and his blade, and began an attempt to skin some goblins who's skin looked salvageable enough.
"If not food, perhaps this skin might add color to this place. O Yes; I could see myself sitting on a throne made from goblinhide. . . Oh! What about a fire? We'll need a fire a fire would be rather handy where can we light a fire?"

Irish Musician
2015-12-18, 02:20 PM
At hearing N'nileus' words, Myrick looks around and sees what once was a fireplace. He starts to gather bits of wood and starts piling it all up in the fireplace. It takes a moment because he can't usually get too much wood at once, but once he is done he has an nice pile of wood. He then stands back and shoots off a firebolt into the fireplace. The firebolt explodes and covers the wood with fire, setting it ablaze. Myrick then turns to N'nileus, "Will that suffice?" He doesn't show any emotion, but simply seems to be waiting for an answer to move on to the next task.

Frendle
2015-12-18, 05:04 PM
Lord Tonland looks around at the crumbling Keep. “Well, perhaps we should see what the accommodations are like here.” Tonland motions to Asterion, “before all the good spots are gone.”

Walking around the courtyard, the Warlock Noble chooses the least decrepit tower and heads inside.

[roll0]

Looking to see if the first level of the tower is clear of dangers and if there is a way up to the next floor.