PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wild Child Brawler and Teamwork feats

Cranthis
2015-12-12, 01:50 AM
I'm about to start playing in a campaign starting from level one. The character I'm playing is a created race, which I'll post the stats for in a minute. I want this build to use teamwork feats in tandem with my animal companion. For flavor reasons, the animal companion is a boar. I've never really worked with brawler or with teamwork feats, so I'm looking for advice related to both. Its going to be a 25 point buy. The race I'm using has +2 strength, con, and int; they also have a +2 on cmb to trip opponents

For the level 1 feat, I'm thinking my boar and I will take Pack Attack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/pack-attack-combat-teamwork), or Stick Together (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/stick-together-combat-teamwork). I see these all as great options, and would like your opinions on it.

Any other advice you have on the build would be greatly appreciated.

Secret Wizard
2015-12-12, 02:28 AM
You should wait on the teamwork feats. You have more important things to get on each side, and, more relevantly, the animal companion cannot pick teamwork feats until it has INT 3 or higher. If you played a Human, you could go with Eye for Talent to get +2 INT right off bat, but it seems you'll have to wait 'til level 4.

For the Brawler, first get accuracy and improved maneuvers feats. Weapon Focus (unarmed), Dirty Fighting, Improved XXX, depending on your favored maneuver.

On the animal companion, my recommendation is to get some general use feats early like Power Attack and Combat Reflexes or Armor Proficiency... then after getting INT to 3, get Dirty Fighting so it can help with maneuvers in a pinch. Later on, you can get Teamwork feats, but make it the good ones -- Outflank, Coordinated Maneuvers, Coordinated Charge...

PS: If you really like teamwork feats and animal companions, honestly, Hunter is a great choice.

Cranthis
2015-12-12, 02:53 AM
Ah, I had forgotten the 3 int requriement for nonanimal feats.
I think the pig will start off with armor proficiency.
And oh man. That Dirty Fighting feat is amazing. I think ill start with that.

Molosse
2015-12-12, 04:37 AM
Ah, I had forgotten the 3 int requriement for nonanimal feats.
I think the pig will start off with armor proficiency.
And oh man. That Dirty Fighting feat is amazing. I think ill start with that.

You could always grab three levels of Hunter.