PDA

View Full Version : May I post an ad for my forum that is very similar to this one?

Zhentarim
2015-12-12, 03:39 AM
I love Giant in the Playground, and have made many friends here. However, I want to make a forum similar to GiTP which also focuses on DnD/Pathfinder games, except with more lax moderation, as well as with subforums for every topic under the sun. If I can get a moderator's blessing, I will post a link here.

Keltest
2015-12-12, 05:50 PM
My understanding is that directing people to other forums or websites is not strictly prohibited, though the mods would prefer that you leave such a link in your signature rather than actually create posts advertising it.

HOWEVER I am not a mod, so take my word with a shaker of salt

Jormengand
2015-12-12, 06:29 PM
Bear in mind that if it makes profit (in which case you will have to use Project Wonderful), or if it contains content not safe for GitP (in which case you shouldn't post it at all), the answer is probably no.

Zhentarim
2015-12-13, 05:19 PM
Bear in mind that if it makes profit (in which case you will have to use Project Wonderful), or if it contains content not safe for GitP (in which case you shouldn't post it at all), the answer is probably no.

It is non-profit and except for allowing darker games and a little civil discussion on politics, religion, and philosophy, it is similar to this site.

ChristianSt
2015-12-13, 06:21 PM
Since politics, religion and darker games (depending on the definition of darker) are inappropriate topics per forum rules, I would answer with this:

Likewise, if you can't post something under the Forum Rules, please don't link to that content.

While you might not directly link to inappropriate content, your forum allows discussions about it, so for me it seems to be against the forum rules to link to it.

Roland St. Jude
2015-12-13, 07:21 PM
Sheriff: Please don't post or link to things that violate our Forum Rules. Your forum seems to include those kind of things.

A forum just like this one but that doesn't follow our rules doesn't seem like something we have any interest in having a thread about.