PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

zahidshisui
2015-12-12, 10:36 AM
Can somebody suggest me an anime like My Neighbour Totoro that have genre about family, friendship at small peaceful village??

LibraryOgre
2015-12-12, 02:26 PM
Not familiar with My Neighbor Totoro, save by osmosis, but the first thing that pops to mind is Kiki's Delivery Service. Lots of Studio Ghibli stuff could be appropriate... From Up on Poppy Hill is almost entirely about relationships, for example.

Durkoala
2015-12-12, 03:36 PM
It's not an anime, but a lot of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic primarily focuses on a village of brightly-coloured equines and their friendship and the minor and not-so-minor trouble that come their way. From what I remember, the first few seasons were good, but I stopped watching past that so I don't know what it's like now.

Manga Shoggoth
2015-12-12, 06:23 PM
It's not an anime, but a lot of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic primarily focuses on a village of brightly-coloured equines and their friendship and the minor and not-so-minor trouble that come their way. From what I remember, the first few seasons were good, but I stopped watching past that so I don't know what it's like now.

Seconded: The first two episodes are slightly more adventure stories, but the bulk of the series after that is indeed as you describe it. Season 4 and 5 have slightly more in the way of adventure stories than seasons 1 - 3, but still heavy on the slice of life stuff.

The general feeling is that each season has been an improvement on the previous one.

If you definitely want anime, then for a family focus you might try "My Neighbours the Yamadas" (another from the Ghibli stable) or Azumanga Diaoh (which is about a bunch of school friends rather than family, but has the same sort of vibe).

Silverraptor
2015-12-12, 06:35 PM
Kiki's Delivery Service is a good movie. Wolf Children is also a very good anime movie.

Soepvork
2015-12-15, 05:24 AM
Panda! Go, Panda! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panda!_Go,_Panda!) is supposedly the spiritual forerunner to Totoro. I haven't seen it, so I am not sure of it's too similar (or if it's even good), but I came across it not too long ago and it piqued my interest (and it has pandas!)