PDA

View Full Version : need some more soulmedls

Nosta
2015-12-12, 10:23 PM
can some one tell me if there is a place I can find some homebrew soulmeds for a 20/level incarnate?

Chronos
2015-12-13, 07:58 AM
You've just hit on the biggest problem with incarnum: There are no soulmelds for a 20th-level character, because the nature of the system is that they're all available at level 1, and there's only so useful an ability usable by a level 1 character can be at level 20. The best you can get is a meld with a powerful heart or soul bind.

NomGarret
2015-12-13, 05:25 PM
Mentioning level is still worthwhile for a couple of reasons: how well does a given soul meld hold up with enough essentia investment? At level 20 incarnate, you are back to not caring about whether you have the essentia to keep it full since your capstone fills everything. Plus, being at a higher level you have more soul melds at a time, so ones that play off each other have greater value.

KillianHawkeye
2015-12-13, 07:11 PM
You've just hit on the biggest problem with incarnum: There are no soulmelds for a 20th-level character, because the nature of the system is that they're all available at level 1, and there's only so useful an ability usable by a level 1 character can be at level 20. The best you can get is a meld with a powerful heart or soul bind.

Actually, given that different chakra binds come online at different levels, there is something to be said about which ones are low level and which (such as those that bind to the heart or the soul chakra) are high level. Of course, they all have a basic ability usable at level 1, but the extra abilities gained when binding the soulmeld are where things tend to get really interesting.

As far as homebrew goes, I can't help with that. *shrug*

NomGarret
2015-12-13, 09:54 PM
Have you considered back porting the DSP akashic mysteries material?

Nosta
2015-12-13, 10:24 PM
Have you considered back porting the DSP akashic mysteries material?

sorry but I have no clue what that is sadly

NomGarret
2015-12-14, 02:47 AM
It's the third party analog of Incarnum for Pathfinder by the people who did the same for psionics and Tome of Battle. It's really good, really good. Search this forum for Akashic Mysteries and it will pop up.

They did it with new classes in mind, so there's nothing with Incarnate written on it. That and because it's Pathfinder, there are a few changes here and there you'll have to make (like skills that were merged).