PDA

View Full Version : Game: Hmm, this player has made a lot of progress since his last save. TIME TO CRASH!

MonkeySage
2015-12-13, 01:17 AM
Sweet mother of Loki... I was playing Spore(yes I play spore, don't judge), and I'm in the space stage. Got a pretty big empire going, made a few enemies. One zealot declared war on me just cause I refused to pay tithes.. pretty suicidal on his part, but I decide to pay his home world a visit. I collect a few plants and animals before rendering the planet uninhabitable. I intend to capture the planet and restore it(though I'd prefer to capture it without destroying it, these zealots had become a major pest and simply had to go).

Well, I manage to defeat the zealots and get them out of my hair once and for all... Game crashes immediately after a prolonged battle, during which i got interrupted twice for babysitting missions(oh how I hate this game sometimes).

So I do the whole thing over again.. Make a ton of progress, and save after the fight is over... but then it's time to restore the planet. After half an hour of hunting down all the plants and animals needed to restore it to it's former state, I finally stabilize the planet's habitat at T3(best you can get)... and the game crashes again. I hadn't saved since winning the fight.

factotum
2015-12-13, 03:02 AM
You've been a PC gamer for a while, presumably, yet you never learned the "save often" mantra? Heck, when I played Half-Life 2 on its first release, back in the days when the Source engine had an inexplicable dislike of Soundblaster sound cards (I mean, they were only the most popular sound card around at the time, they don't need to test support for them, right?), it was literally crashing every 10 minutes as I entered the city section near the end of the game--I just got used to hitting save every couple of minutes so I could complete it!