View Full Version : Cleric build advice?

Leonsatyr
2015-12-13, 05:52 PM
So, dm is starting a new campaign and has warned us that it will be an undead campaign. The other party members are ranger and palidin. So, we really don't have a healer so he asked me to make a cleric. Really just asking for opinions.

Books are all open except for libre mortise and dragon mag.

The class so far:
Cloistered Cleric 5/Ordained Champ 5/Bone Knight 10
LG Hellbred, worshiping Heroneus.
I'm thinking of taking serenity, any other suggestions for feats?

Thanks in advance.

Faily
2015-12-13, 06:00 PM
So, dm is starting a new campaign and has warned us that it will be an undead campaign. The other party members are ranger and palidin. So, we really don't have a healer so he asked me to make a cleric. Really just asking for opinions.

Books are all open except for libre mortise and dragon mag.

The class so far:
Cloistered Cleric 5/Ordained Champ 5/Bone Knight 10
LG Hellbred, worshiping Heroneus.
I'm thinking of taking serenity, any other suggestions for feats?

Thanks in advance.

Lots of undeads, you say? Can never go wrong with a Radiant Servant then for all the Turning you will ever need.

Leonsatyr
2015-12-13, 06:05 PM
Lots of undeads, you say? Can never go wrong with a Radiant Servant then for all the Turning you will ever need.

Hadn't thought of that. Plus improved healing spells.

GilesTheCleric
2015-12-13, 06:07 PM
A ranger with wands of CLW and a paladin with cures and lay on hands isn't enough healing? I'm frightened for your party. :smalleek:

Ordained Champion and Bone Knight both lose you caster levels, though they do both continue to progress turning. Have you asked your GM if being a cleric really is okay for your game? If undead are the majority of what you face, it's not difficult to destroy all or most of your foes with a single check, thus making the game less fun for everyone else. Radiant Servant or Sun domain will let you do that. There's ACFs that will change your turn checks into damage instead, which will better synergize with the rest of the party's hp beatdown and will make encounters less win-button.

Rebel7284
2015-12-13, 07:44 PM
It's best to not focus on in-combat healing. There are multiple guides that explain why in-combat healing is often suboptimal.

Here is one of them with a quick google search: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6656.0

With that said, Radiant Servant of Pelor is a pretty good choice in part because while increasing your healing, it also fully progresses your cleric casting, allowing you to do other things besides healing. Extra boost to Turn Undead is nice in an undead heavy campaign too.

Faily
2015-12-13, 09:36 PM
Radiant Servant is an incredibly solid prestige class (even without Undeads around).

Pros:
- Martial weapon proficiency
- Full casting
- 2 strong saves
- Stacks with Turn Undead from Cleric
- Gives an additional pool of Turn Undead in form of Greater Turn Undead (leaving your regular pool to be fully used for Divine Metamagic)
- Empower and Maximized Healing powers for even better healing the times you have to do that (and thus making you more efficient with one spell)
- Extra domains

Cons:
- d6 HD
- And uh... can't think of anything else...

Ellowryn
2015-12-13, 10:13 PM
Whats your starting level? If you are starting high enough then you can grab the cloistered cleric ACF from UA, giving you the knowledge domain (and by trading that out for the awesome knowledge devotion feat) for free, along with extra skill points.

Speaking of Con's: 2+ Int skill points for RSoP.

Faily
2015-12-14, 09:22 AM
Whats your starting level? If you are starting high enough then you can grab the cloistered cleric ACF from UA, giving you the knowledge domain (and by trading that out for the awesome knowledge devotion feat) for free, along with extra skill points.

Speaking of Con's: 2+ Int skill points for RSoP.

I just never consider the 2+Int skill points a Con since that is what Clerics normally get, but I can agree on it being a Con if you come from a Class (like Cloistered Cleric) with much better skill points. ^_^