PDA

View Full Version : Hiding stuff in the hilt of swords

Nosta
2015-12-13, 07:51 PM
so I have a rogue npc that main bag is to hide stuff in the hollow hilt of her short swords
on one hand I plan for her to hide several wands but i'd like to know what other things could work to be hidden in the hilt of swords

short sword
long sword
bastard
and great
I'd like ideas as to what to put in them

BowStreetRunner
2015-12-13, 08:19 PM
Note that there is a Hilt Hollow on Dungeonscape page 33 and also a Wand Chamber on Dungeonscape page 34 which are two different things. The Hilt Hollow is shorter and wider, and designed to carry things that can be ejected into your hand easily - like a spellcaster accessing their spell components while in a grapple. The Wand Chamber is thinner and longer and only carries a single wand, but you can activate the wand while holding the weapon. You might want to look into both of these.

Nosta
2015-12-13, 08:22 PM
Note that there is a Hilt Hollow on Dungeonscape page 33 and also a Wand Chamber on Dungeonscape page 34 which are two different things. The Hilt Hollow is shorter and wider, and designed to carry things that can be ejected into your hand easily - like a spellcaster accessing their spell components while in a grapple. The Wand Chamber is thinner and longer and only carries a single wand, but you can activate the wand while holding the weapon. You might want to look into both of these.

well I might rework it so it'll work how I want since this is encounter is for the daughter of my one pc from the future
I'd like to hide things that be use able by an assassin type npc

Xavrias
2015-12-14, 12:56 AM
Poisons, potions, wands, small wondrous items. The limit for what you can fit into the hilt of your sword is kinda endless. Take a bad of holding and stuff it in there so the opening is out and you could pile a punch of small throwing knives in. You could go as far as placing small beads of fireball, poisonous gases. Really, in my opinion, the sky is the limit.