PDA

View Full Version : Iajitsu Mastery or TPK for party, making new characters

Triskavanski
2015-12-14, 03:45 AM
In the 3.5 game I'm playing there was a TPK. It wasn't a true TPK mind you, as my character did survive the archers, but everyone else was killed. So, rather than my character try to find some new people, he went off and we're starting a new campaign.

We've got a Skeletal Raptoreon fighter, Deathmaster Necrocosmopolotin (Some undead race), Pixie Fighter, Drow Rogue. We're starting at level 5, and we get 9k gold each. And those players are Evil.

rolling for me was a 10, 15, 15, 14, 15, 16, and I'm not really one for LA and RHD type races. Sides, I like to be the oddball of the group somehow.

The classes I'm thinking about doing is a Chain Master (3.0 Fist and sword) Iajistsu Master(3.0 oriental adventures) or perhaps something else.

Iajistsu Focus however, what are the best ways to capitalize on it? I know I could use some skill tricks to get the enemy flatfooted

Beyond that, what is the best ways I defend against the party? The common pitfall of Evil parties is when everyone wants to be their own evil and starts trying to betray those who are closest to them. I know the pixie has some crazy high Cha

jok
2015-12-14, 04:36 AM
If you search for factotum handbooks, there is often discussion about the Iajitsu Focus skill.
I found the Sapphire Nightmare Blade maneuver very useful. One level dip into Warblade or Swordsage. But you would need a concentration check to beat the target AC, but then its flat-footed for one attack and you get +1d6 damage.

Triskavanski
2015-12-14, 06:23 AM
Hmm, well we are limited in books, though I don't know really which ones too much. Other than PHB 1 and 2, the complete series, MIC and Spell compendrium, Unearthed Arcana are all safe ones mostly.

Another possibility of mine is the "God Wizard" as I call it. Which is a wizard/archivist who is blended together somehow, and learns all the magic ever. Well not all of it, but a good amount of it.

Specifically learns things like Create Demiplane and develops an epic level spell (When and if we can get there) to create his own race even.

big things I'd need for this guy is quicker learning of spells, A blessed spellbook could help some, as well as any spell that could let me learn divine spells from defeated foes. Then a method of making sure the rest of the scurvy crew can't backstab me sometime.