PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Mancatcher build

Endril_69
2015-12-14, 04:37 AM
I was looking for a character built around the mancatcher, and I couldn't find one. First, I wonder if your interpretation of the rules for grapple would mean that after you hit with it, if you make the grapple check, you do damage with it again? The rules say when you succeed in a grapple, you deal unarmed strike damage, so I'm not sure how that would work with a mancatcher, if at all.

Second, if I use this idea for my character I'm playing this week, I'll have 32 pt buy, 13 levels, and we're allowing most books; but we never allow 3.0/pathfinder/non-WOTC, or dragon mag, and some obscure campaign material may have to pass DM approval; races of, complete, etc is all good.

This is what I've drawn up so far: (race: goliath)
mancatcher trip/grappler
Level Class feat features
1 barbarian extra rage mountain rage, pounce
2 fighter combat expertise
3 fighter improved trip dungeoncrusher
4 fighter
5 fighter EW Proficiency
6 fighter Weapon Focus
7 EWM exotic trip
8 swordsage unarmed strike
9 fighter power attack dungeoncrusher
10 fighter
11 fighter improved bull rush
12 swordsage knockback ac bonus, thicket of blades
13 EWM? stunning weapon

As you can see, I'm doing more than just grappling. I want to be able to trip, then hit with improved trip, which leads to grapple, and possibly combine that with a knockback into a wall. But that's a lot of checks and it's hard to tell at this stage if it's trying to do too much or if it will result in the first guy I decide to pounce on being owned in a hilarious fashion. Trying to find room for stunning fist (usable with exotic weapon master ability) and improved grapple for the +4, also would be nice to mix it with the usual shocktrooper (also helps with dungeoncrush) and leap attack for insane damage. The problem with all that would be what to drop, and if it's worth it. Any input would be appreciated!