PDA

View Full Version : stuck on a build

Nosta
2015-12-14, 03:51 PM
so I will be playing a level 10 pc in a new game with a custom setting
My pc will be a Half human half dog girl who is part of a police force and who's family is famous for there work with the government . My build plan was rogue or fighter 1 (for sneak attack) then wu-jen or bard for 5 levels and then the last four being spellwarped sniper. I'd like to know what way would better for my character to take down criminals I know bards can get can know foes prone with there one spell but I also know wujen can pend there foes to the ground with I think its rain of spines so i'm not sure what path to go.

help please

Venger
2015-12-14, 11:25 PM
so I will be playing a level 10 pc in a new game with a custom setting
My pc will be a Half human half dog girl who is part of a police force and who's family is famous for there work with the government . My build plan was rogue or fighter 1 (for sneak attack) then wu-jen or bard for 5 levels and then the last four being spellwarped sniper. I'd like to know what way would better for my character to take down criminals I know bards can get can know foes prone with there one spell but I also know wujen can pend there foes to the ground with I think its rain of spines so i'm not sure what path to go.

help please

there's a lot of different interests you express here that is fairly disparate. there isn't going to be a build that does all those things really well.

which one of those things is the most exciting to you?

generally speaking, it's more trouble than it's worth to dip classes that don't advance spellcasting with a character whose primary purpose is casting spells.

"take down criminals" is a fairly broad thing. do you want to be able to hunt and track people well? there are a number of classes who do that, such as crimson scourge or deneith warden if you want to be a cowboy/bounty hunter type.

if you're interested in a dog-woman, check out the shifter race from eberron (descended from humans and were-animals) which is also where deneith warden is, a very fun and easy to use "take down criminals" class, since its class features and fluff are centered around that specific concept, which you seem interested in.

"I know bards can get can know foes prone with there one spell " is very difficult for me to understand. I'm having a lot of trouble parsing it. would you please rephrase? I'm not sure what you're saying.

it sounds like you want to build a tripper. those are fun too, but bard or wu jen aren't very good at fulfilling that role.

once you nail down with a little more specificity what your goal is, I'll be able to provide more specific advice (handbooks, links, etc)