PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my gun using artificer

Nosta
2015-12-14, 04:38 PM
so I dropped my spellwarper idea for a new more entertaining (in my mind) character
My current GM wants to do a future like game and its a school like anime setting for advance people AKA were all the plot happens. He wants to do a gestalt game but he wants it to be a 3.5 class and a d20 modern class

all 3.5 drg mag and 3.0 books allowed and all d20 moder, urban arcana and future books allowed

My plan is do do artificer/fast hero : I like the idea of infusing bullets and guns
30 point buy level 10

there'll be plenty of new rules and since Me and another player have gm in the pass we are helping to build rules for this world

we will be using the wealth bonus from d20 for money so i'm not exactly sure what I can and can't afford
but I 'd like some recommendation as to what gun I should use as well bullets (thinking of using hollow tip and putting poison. and what magical items would be nice for me to half
custom ideas will be welcomed

also I hear of a pouch of infinite shuriken and I think there is one for arrows I think.
what price would you put on what that did the same only for bullets for a gun

also for feats I know I plan to take point blank and rapid shot but i'm not sure if I should take any meta magic feats for infusion.

thoughs?

FocusWolf413
2015-12-14, 06:27 PM
You could build Megamind's degun.
Your gun would need:
Decompress, Debilitate, Demoralize, Decoupage, Deregulate, Death Ray, and Destroy

Flesh to stone->Shrink object, with the caveat that they reverse on contact with water.
Disintegrate.
Orb of Force
Bestow curse, ray of clumsiness, or similar
Enlarge person/enlarge object.
Prestidigitation

Nosta
2015-12-14, 06:44 PM
You could build Megamind's degun.
Your gun would need:
Decompress, Debilitate, Demoralize, Decoupage, Deregulate, Death Ray, and Destroy

Flesh to stone->Shrink object, with the caveat that they reverse on contact with water.
Disintegrate.
Orb of Force
Bestow curse, ray of clumsiness, or similar
Enlarge person/enlarge object.
Prestidigitation

hmmm I could see that as being fun

FocusWolf413
2015-12-14, 07:07 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?471930-Megamind-build&p=20192501

Nosta
2015-12-14, 07:13 PM
how likely do you think a DM is to allow an item that increases the number of infsuions I have

MisterKaws
2015-12-14, 07:49 PM
how likely do you think a DM is to allow an item that increases the number of infsuions I have

As likely as winning the lottery.

About the infinite bullet thing: there's a glove for creating infinite throwing weapons in MIC, so it wouldn't be too hard to talk your DM into at least allowing you to change those for ammunition, which is usually cheaper.

Forrestfire
2015-12-14, 07:51 PM

There are already items that do that, actually. The Memento Magica from the Magic Item Compendium and the Ring of Master Artifice from Magic of Eberron both grant you extra infusions per day. I'd recommend checking out the guide in my sig, it might have some useful information for you.

Nosta
2015-12-14, 08:15 PM
There are already items that do that, actually. The Memento Magica from the Magic Item Compendium and the Ring of Master Artifice from Magic of Eberron both grant you extra infusions per day. I'd recommend checking out the guide in my sig, it might have some useful information for you.

Thank you your guided is very useful
cause that's kinda how I want to play my pc
A badass who can empower is weapons with all types of neat abilities

I must ask what would you say would be some of the better enchantments to use for infusing my gun and bullets
I know I want to do splitting but i'm not sure what others would be fun and be helpful

Forrestfire
2015-12-14, 09:26 PM
Splitting can only be applied to bows and crossbows. Some of the better things to apply to guns are Seeking (srd) and Force and Precise (MIC). For bullets, Bane of all types is pretty awesome (and can be put on a pile of them with weapon augmentation as needed).

Nosta
2015-12-14, 09:37 PM
Splitting can only be applied to bows and crossbows. Some of the better things to apply to guns are Seeking (srd) and Force and Precise (MIC). For bullets, Bane of all types is pretty awesome (and can be put on a pile of them with weapon augmentation as needed).

what would you say would be the best +3 enchantment to put on a gun or the bullets
general over all good. and not just one based on fight a certain type of enemy

frost890
2015-12-14, 09:40 PM
Look up dragons breath rounds(alchemy bullets), poison bullets(drill tiny holes to put poison in), glass rounds(shatter in the target), glaser saftey rounds(large shallow wounds and less chance you will go through a wall into the next room), explosive rounds, homing bullets,tracker and Taser rounds. these are all real world rounds for guns.

Magic...
sunlight round(vampire hunting), Shadow rounds(for cover), a round that does subdual damage.

Forrestfire
2015-12-15, 12:29 AM
what would you say would be the best +3 enchantment to put on a gun or the bullets
general over all good. and not just one based on fight a certain type of enemy

Seeking (+1) and Force (+2) together, if you're purchasing a gun with magic on it. If you have both, you ignore miss chance (even from total concealment, if you aim for the right square), hardness, and DR. If you're using weapon augmentation to add weapon properties to your gun, then I like Speed (extra attacks are great), Greater Elemental Power (DMG 2, summons a greater elemental (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm) 1/day for 15 rounds, turning your level 3 infusion into an exceptionally good summon spell for your level), and Clouting (CAr, forces a save or knocks them back on every hit. Not super strong, but definitely neat).

This thread might be useful. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?445736-Saving-from-WOTC-Forum-The-3-5-Weapon-Special-Abilities-thread)

RaistlinSees
2015-12-15, 01:28 AM
After reading this, I might actually attempt to try this. :smallsmile:

FocusWolf413
2015-12-15, 03:01 AM
poison bullets(drill tiny holes to put poison in), glass rounds(shatter in the target)..... these are all real world rounds for guns.

Uhh... no they aren't.

Glass bullets don't have the mass to fly straight, and if a glass bullet did weigh enough to fly straight, it's either too dense or too large to shatter in someone's body. Hollow point rounds would accomplish everything that a glass bullet can, but better. Even if they are technically sold, that doesn't mean they're effective, useful, or superior to anything else on the market.

Poison rounds are another thing that fits in the same category. They're the exception and they aren't useful. If you shoot someone and it's the poison, not the multiple gunshot wounds, that puts them six feet under, you need to reevaluate your fighting style.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-12-15, 11:43 AM
Look up dragons breath rounds(alchemy bullets), poison bullets(drill tiny holes to put poison in), glass rounds(shatter in the target), glaser saftey rounds(large shallow wounds and less chance you will go through a wall into the next room), explosive rounds, homing bullets,tracker and Taser rounds. these are all real world rounds for guns.

As FocusWolf413 said, glass rounds are most certainly not a thing. You're thinking of frangible rounds, or blended metal bullets. They're designed to break up upon penetration, to make a bigger wound channel. Glaser Safety Slugs are basically a plastic round filled with rat-shot, to make a bigger wound channel as well, I don't know where you're getting 'large shallow wounds' from.

Dragon's Breath rounds are a thing, yes, but they're not an alchemy thing, just plain ol' real-world science... That tends to very quickly foul any barrel (shotgun, if you're wondering) they're fired out of.

Taser rounds are limited to shotguns, due to the size of the projectile.

Tracker rounds? Sure, they get used... On animals by scientists, mainly.

Homing rounds? Yeah, good luck, they're still being worked on by the military.

Explosive rounds? Sure, again, too big to use in anything like a pistol. Also, you need a special license to get such things, as a civilian. Most law enforcement doesn't take kindly to random folks carrying around such stuff.

You might've missed the part the OP said about it being a school-like setting for 'advanced people', which I guess means people with special powers.

Man, I get cranky when I'm not feeling well. OP, I suggest looking in the D20 Modern core book for the pistol that shoot crystal shards. A couple levels of psion should get you all the PP you need to run that thing, and the cost to damage output ratio is pretty damn good without even enchanting it at all.