PDA

View Full Version : Dmm for druids: easiest build?

Warrnan
2015-12-14, 04:57 PM
Druid19/ cleric1 for dmm persist druidzilla? Or something involving sacred exorcist?

Which seems best?

Flickerdart
2015-12-14, 05:01 PM
You generally want multiple pools of turning, even if the DM lets you stack unlimited Nightsticks.

ComaVision
2015-12-14, 05:02 PM
Druid19/ cleric1 for ddm persist druidzilla? Or something involving sacred exorcist?

Which seems best?

If Dragon magazine is an acceptable source, there is a Wild Reaper ACF for the Druid that gives it TU at level 12. (Issue #311)

Endarire
2015-12-14, 05:03 PM
Sacred Exorcist (Complete Divine) is a 1 level dip for Good characters for Turn Undead use and it progresses arcane or divine casting.

Contemplative (Complete Divine) is a 1 level dip for anyone that is effectively a prereq for Sacred Exorcist. You need a means of making Knowledge (Religion) a class skill, such as the feat Knowledge Devotion.

Divine Metamagic is useful, but I doubt it's worth all the feats as a Druid, or anyone who doesn't get a kick start from domains/GM handouts.

eggynack
2015-12-14, 05:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of DMM for druids, to be honest, cause it feels like your best buffs are pretty long in duration anyway. Still, if this is your goal, then avoid dipping something that doesn't progress casting, like cleric, unless you're doing it once you already have druid 9th's. Sacred exorcist is a bit awkward, cause those prerequisite spells aren't on your list natively, but it's doable.

Troacctid
2015-12-14, 05:27 PM
It's probably easier to be an Illumian with naenhoon, since it saves feats.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-14, 05:37 PM
What on earth is ddm?

Dance... Dance... Mevolution...

thethird
2015-12-14, 05:38 PM
Use bone talisman (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a)

Warrnan
2015-12-14, 11:04 PM
What on earth is ddm?

Dance... Dance... Mevolution...

I never noticed until just now. I've been typing that wrong for ages! Divine Dummy magic I guess. Hahahaha!

Ok so the General consensus is "don't DMM as a druid just be an Illumian for teh lols twice a day."

Thanks everyone. Good game. :)

eggynack
2015-12-14, 11:30 PM
Ok so the General consensus is "don't DMM as a druid just be an Illumian for teh lols twice a day."

DMM and illumian are really really similar in this case, with the illumian plan only taking one fewer feat and one more racial choice, which is probably a worse deal when you get right down to it (given that the human standard gives a race a positive feat value of at least one, and probably more if you optimize). My position where the consensus is concerned is on the side of just not doing it at all. What are you even persisting here? Sure, there are spells to persist, but I feel like your time is better spent just getting some rods of extend spell and getting a mostly naturally ludicrous duration on your hearts of X and primal y's, adding in the occasional resist energy of some scale and something resistance, and probably some snowsight+obscuring snow combos if ya want. I am by no means saying that reduced persist spell lacks value on a druid, but I think you're just better off doing other things with your time.

Rebel7284
2015-12-14, 11:48 PM
Bite of the Werebear seems really worthwhile to persist if you expect to eat some faces for the day. Undermaster is nice to persist for terraforming. Stormrage has a bunch of nice benefits. Friendly Fire is just broken with persist.

Beheld
2015-12-14, 11:54 PM
Yeah, if you really care about Persist, and are playing in the kind of game where that is even remotely acceptable, just take Leadership for a Wizard Incantatrix cohort. He can Cooperative meta your spells to persist them, and he can even cast some of his own and metamagic effect them. One feat instead of at least 2, and maybe more.

But what people said, Druids already get really long durations on their best buffs, get a Bead of Karma and extend the spells, then cast them all extended (Energy Immunities, Superior Resistance, Heart of the X, so forth) then rest for 8 hours then prepare a whole new set of spells, then adventure with another 20-40 hours of buff duration.

Lagren
2015-12-15, 01:20 AM
A one-level dip in Spelldancer is always an option, for a three/four feat tax: since you have access to Sheltered Vitality, it'll let you persist everything you want.

eggynack
2015-12-15, 02:20 AM
Bite of the Werebear seems really worthwhile to persist if you expect to eat some faces for the day. Undermaster is nice to persist for terraforming. Stormrage has a bunch of nice benefits. Friendly Fire is just broken with persist.
The bite spells are worthwhile, but they aren't really that much better than the spells you're already getting all day. Undermaster is a 9th, and thus mostly not relevant. Stormrage is indeed pretty good, but it's again pretty high up, though not so much as to be entirely worthless. Friendly fire is probably as good as it gets, but while it's a strong incentive, the crazy casting time means that you're getting a lot of that action economy breakage with the spell in its normal form. It just feels like druid feats are good enough that spending three and some other turn accessing resources is too much for that claimed value.

Warrnan
2015-12-15, 07:40 AM
It was a thought experiment. I hadn't actually contemplated such a "DM throws books at you" combanation in a real game. If my fellow tablemates heard the words druid and DMM in the same sentence they'd all try to kill me. Hahaha. (I usually play a ordained champion cleric instead of Dmm.)

I was just seeing if it could be done and what value it would have. I hadn't realized so many druid spells had a natively long duration.

Thanks to everyone for the great insight. :)

Darrin
2015-12-15, 02:44 PM
It can be done via just feats, but it's costly. Magical Training (PGtF) + Necromantic Bloodline (Dragon Compendium) + Kin Mastery (Dragon Compendium) gives you TU 1/day.

If you allow Dragon Magazine, then it's somewhat simpler: God-Touched + Divine Channeler feats. Dragon #305.