PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Bardic Spell: Crowd's Favor

AbyssStalker
2015-12-14, 07:06 PM
I'm in need of another critiquing, I found my self in love with Divine Favor after seeing it in use by a paladin, and want to create a spell that some-what mimics it's effect for my Valor Bard. Would this be acceptable balance and fluff wise? I will put question marks (?) in areas I need help most in.

Crowd's Favor
1st Level Evocation(?)/Enchantment(?)
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Range: Self
Components: V,S
Duration: 1 minute

You channel a spectator's admiration of your valor, upon seeing you hit a target with a weapon attack, another creature can use it's reaction to cheer you on, causing your attack to deal an additional 1d4 psychic damage. To do this the creature must be able to see and hear you and you must be able to hear the creature. (The entirety of this part?) If a spell slot of 3rd level is used increase the damage to 1d6, increase to 1d8 at 5th level, 1d10 at 7th level, and 1d12 at 9th level.

I figured that the reactions would be valuable enough to warrant in increase in power using higher spell levels, with reactions becoming more likely to already have a use at higher levels.

Alternatively I could call the spell Encore and make it to where the creature shouts "Encore!" instead.

Calen
2015-12-14, 07:27 PM
You begin channeling the appraisal of your dance and song into your attacks,

Might want to rephrase that. Sounds wonky.

To do this the creature must be within 160-300ft(?) and you must be able to hear the creature. (The entirety of this part?)

Would change to "The creature must be able to see and hear you and you must be able to hear it."

AbyssStalker
2015-12-14, 08:55 PM
Might want to rephrase that. Sounds wonky.

Would change to "The creature must be able to see and hear you and you must be able to hear it."

Will do, thanks.