PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psi Fox - Kitsune Psychic (Detective?)

Triskavanski
2015-12-15, 10:01 AM
So I've been thinking with more stuff between the group of ours. There is three of us, One is going unchained rogue with a focus on investigations, and originally another was to go unchained rogue with the focus on assassinations (waylay archetype). The second one was dropping back and out of the assassination rogue because it would have a heavy focus on the surprise round and then not have too much more after that.

The investigative rogue is more geared towards physical investigations from what I've seen. Following clues, spotting traps, etc.

So talking to a few people, they've managed to talk me out of the Mesmerist and instead I've begun looking into the Psychic or the Psychic detective.

Why Kitsune? Well the basic reason for playing a kitsune is to have a fun race to draw. I'm better at drawing fantasy things that are less human looking than I am humans, so most of the races are out for my ability to draw at the moment. But it also lead to something..

Being able to transform into a tiny fox and throw around various magic spells. And to this end, the 3/4 bab class is faster than the psychic, letting me get it at level 5 instead of 7. The rogue player was also kinda "Well, I'm not sherlock.. With you two I'll be more of a scooby doo." (The other player wants to play a skinwalker himself.)

Now Psychic has more spell power. I can't decide between Raport or Rebirth.
Detective has more skill power however, lots more. And can get even more.

avr
2015-12-15, 10:50 AM
Your friends' characters sound about as unsuited to keeping enemies off your back as any I've heard of. Which means a sky-high acrobatics skill to get away from enemies then cast sounds like a good idea; yes, I'm suggesting the detective is the best. Also the closest in theme.

With a little cooperation you should be able to arrange places that the rogue shines and you don't (the reverse shouldn't be a problem.)

Triskavanski
2015-12-15, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda a little more on the psychic detective side of things too. I get fox form faster, more skill points too. Though I get less spells per day which can be a pain

So what I'm thinking is something along the lines of..

10 str, 19 dex, 11 con, 17 int, 13 wis 16 Cha
Will of the Dead for the amplification at 3rd level.

Another idea I have is to drop the Kitsune.. and Go Psychic with Raport
I don't know the race yet, Plume-kin fit stat wise though, and wouldn't be too hard to be a scion of humanity. then focus on strategy. Level 7 I'd take leadership and pick up a ninja Cohort or something...

Florian
2015-12-16, 03:27 AM
The Psychic Detective archetype really is kind of cool and unique as psychic spells lend themselves to totally different tactics than the usual alchemy would.

As for the Psychic, I would take a closer look at what Disciplines would allow you fast and reliable phrenic pool regain, as you don't want to be stuck with choices that you can't keep powered up in the long run. Rebirth has no regain at all, Rapport is very limited to due to be coupled to a slow-scaling mechanic.