PDA

View Full Version : Portable Anyone here play Pokemon X/Y? I'm a confused noob with no help (so sad!)

Odessa333
2015-12-15, 07:04 PM
So maybe a bit of a long shot trying here, but I just started Pokemon Y (I know, a tad late here). I'd like to do this 'trade' thing pokemon is big on and get some rare pokes like Amaura, Chespin, and Fennekin. Only I can't figure out how to trade. I've been googling (is that a word?) up a storm, and I'm just ending up confused. Most guides say it's based on my 3ds friend list. I have friends (gasp!) but can't do any trading as far as I can tell. I posted over on gamefaqs, and no one's replied, which is just eerie. I'm running low on ideas, so I figured I'd try here as I tend to find some great people on these boards, even if I've not used the video game section before.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 0920-2538-1864, for what it is worth. If anyone could explain how this works in this gen, I'd love to hear from you. Thank you for your time!

V

Lord Raziere
2015-12-15, 07:19 PM
well first, you have to be connected to the internet on the 3ds to make any trade. and you don't really need the friends list, you just need the Global Trade Station and the right pokemon.

for the GTS, you can get any pokemon by say, putting up a kadabra or a machoke as an offer for the pokemon you want. this is because they evolve into their final forms ONLY through trading, and therefore anyone who wants one has to give you the pokemon they want for an Alakazam or a Machamp, its how I've got some legendaries like Ho-oh, Moltres, Articuno, so if your want a good bet for getting anything through a trade, putting a pokemon that only evolves through trade is a good way to get what you want.

just one option. I personally found that finding the right GTS strategy can get the pokemon you want faster than seeing out individual people to trade with, but thats just me.

Sajiri
2015-12-15, 10:08 PM
Lord Raziere summed it up pretty well, but I'll also let you know that when you get to the end of the game, you'll get access to friend safaris that also gives you access to some rarer pokemon like that without needing to trade. Obviously, that doesnt do much for you if you want to play through the game pre elite 4 with those pokemon, but its an option none the less. You just have to have people on your friends list (everyone is assigned a type and 3 pkmn to their friend safari others can enter)

You can find people here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?433634-Pok%E9mon-Thread-XXV-Adorable-Eugenics-Simulator) that has a list of what their safaris are. And if you want them sooner, and/or have no luck getting what you want off the GTS, I'm sure you could find someone that could trade you something through there. If you aren't trading through GTS, you can add someone to your friends list and they show up on the PSS (I think thats what it was called) on the touch screen when online, you can trade directly with that person through that

Sylthia
2015-12-17, 08:51 PM
I second checking out the main Pokemon Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?433634-Pok%E9mon-Thread-XXV-Adorable-Eugenics-Simulator). It's not as active as it used to be, but there's plenty of breeders there that may have pokemon you're interested in. Try messaging people directly, since as I said, it's not as active as it used to be.