PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Rise of the Runelords] Native Born background, but where do I live?

mrguymiah
2015-12-15, 09:54 PM
So I've just started a RotR campaign with the "Black Sheep" trait. This means I'm a native to Sandpoint, where the adventure begins. However, the DM and I ran into one small question; "Where do I live?" Nowhere in the book does it describe where a player native to Sandpoint would live. I suggested that I could live under Titus Scarnetti's roof, since I work for him and could live in his houshold guard's barracks, but there's nothing in the book indicating if he'd even be wealthy enough for that. So can anyone else give some advice where to look for information, or perhaps have some yourselves?

Roncorps
2015-12-15, 10:05 PM
I've read the trait description and it didn't seem to say that you need to live in Sandpoint. You could live in the woods near the village, or even in a tent on the bench (watch out for goblins ;)).

My best guest, for a city-live, would be that you are renting a cheap room.

You are in a gray zone / the developpers couldn't write or imagine all the small details like that.

Milo v3
2015-12-16, 09:00 PM
Well not every building in sandpoint is detailed, you can just live in a house.

bulbaquil
2015-12-16, 09:27 PM
Well not every building in sandpoint is detailed, you can just live in a house.

Yep. Pick a non-numbered building on the Sandpoint map - you live in it. Good examples are the block between Bishop Street and Prickleback Lane, the area north of the garrison/town hall, and the area to the northeast of the Pillbug's Pantry and Bottled Solutions.

Alternatively, since your character works for the Scarnettis - while it may look like the Scarnetti Manor isn't particularly big (as manors go) on the map, keep in mind that it's a top-down view. There is likely a second and possibly a third floor, as well as at least a cellar and possibly a full basement.

mrguymiah
2015-12-16, 11:18 PM
Thank you for all the help. I'll try and work it out with the DM.