PDA

View Full Version : dinocrisis

arumizy
2015-12-15, 10:56 PM
Unuasual could be said about this mission, low priority down to just the most basic gear and they had sent the entire team. Tex was sitting in the pilot seat of the chopper as it hummed through the air towards the island. They had gone dark and the only light inside of the chopper was the dull green light. The commander was standing beside Tex and they were talking about something that you couldn’t over here.

Some of your squad mates were checking their gear, Gunther as usual was unloading and reloading his magazines. He seemed very uneasy without his M60 “baby “ but the giant bowie knife he kept slapt across his chest seemed to serve the same purpose in the brutes hands.

“ Alright team… T-minus 5” the commander barked back at you in the **** pit. Cajun shrugged as she slapped the magazine into her glock 17 and fiddled with her IpOD, like usual you didn’t want to know what she was listening to or what was going on in the mind. Sinamoi on the other hand, he always looked at others like he might eat them like the muay of old. …………………………………………………… BAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

The Chopper shuddered and whirred as something huge struck it, you could a string of obscentities coming from him from a mile away . “ What tha bloody chapped arse was that” he said as his cowboy hat flew to the back of the chopper. It was going to be a tough landing… errr crash…

……..
You shake yourself off and try to take stock of the scene around you, the chopper was more in less in one piece and texas was kicking it. No one looked to hurt and the Doc was moving around between them all trying to check on their booboos.

“ Comms equipment is down… damn,,, it was working before we left” the commander said as he tossed the radio to the ground. From no where you saw Dereck raise his M1911 and walk towards a bush that had rustled. “ What the” he said as he moved closer. He kicked the bush and shrugged as he turned around, before the scream could escape something huge crashed against his back. The creature roared as it ripped at his back with a claw. The team started to open fire when more of the devils came from the bushes, dozens… of them.
“ Make for the facilitiy!!!” the Commander said as he took a few shots behind him. The group sprung into action going into the forest. No one stopped , everyone sprinted a scream echoed as something grabbed Tex, Tina turned around and fired her pistol into it for another flash of feathers and teeth to tackle her and drag her into the darkness………………….

…………………….. ……………………… Mission Status……….. FUBAR
Commander Yuri was the only other team member to make it to the same position as you, he collapsed against the guard shack his pistol aimed at the thick jungle for anything that would come out of it. The feint echo of more gun fire could be heard, the others were who knows where the hell at and it was you three and the Commander. Yuri eventually caught his breath and forced himself up, crimson dripping from a gash from his rear right shoulder.
“ What the hell vere dose things” he said as he started to walk around to the back of the guard shack. “ In here”.

The Entire area is surrounded by a 8' tall chain link fence, you can see buildings at the end of each path.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/entry_zpsigezia7f.png (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/arumizy/media/entry_zpsigezia7f.png.html)

Yael
2015-12-16, 12:42 PM
Kai looks around and clears his throat, running is what he does, but there's a clear diference in strategic running and running from the unknown. He stands up from his resting position, and cleans any dust from his rear.

"Is everyone okay?" He asks as he tries to look around for any of his missing companions. "What was that... Lizard?" Kai finally says in a quiet voice, loud enough to be heard by his nearby comrades, but not enough for being heard from anything beyond them.
Yeah~ Rolling for a Spot check.

Spot: [roll0]In which part of the map are we located, exactly?

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-16, 12:47 PM
Nahid didn't like running. As far as tactics go, she'd much rather make a stand as an organized group than run for it like this. But she was a realist. They were already too spread out as the attack happened, too much happened too quickly and there was too much cover to decently line up your shots against these... animals? As the now much smaller group came to a standstill at the shack Nahid hung her flashlight back on her belt and lowered her riot shield off her shoulder. In the heat of the moment her first reflex was still to go for the bludgeoning weapon, even though she knew very well using a club while shooting had more intimidation value than practical use. With only the shack before them, she turned around and covered the back of the group as they were moving through the door. "I don't know what those were commander, Is that a rank in this organisation? Or is it a function, e.g. he is the commander of the team, but also a captain or major in rank? but they sure were some nasty devils. Routine checkup mission my ass, sir. When we get back I'm billing the company for hazard pay.

EDIT: Ninja'd, by several minutes. But it doesn't look like our posts really contradict, so I'm leaving it as is.

root
2015-12-16, 02:56 PM
"Woah." It was all Chad could utter after the unexpected dash to safety. Running was not his forte, even if he wasn't completely out of shape. After spending a few moments checking his gear, making sure he didn't lose any of his many kits, he noticed the blood on Commander Yuri's uniform.

"Lemme take a look at that, boss.", he offered, fumbling with his medkit.

[roll0] treat injury

arumizy
2015-12-16, 04:55 PM
Urashima, Yiu guys are anywhere near the vicinity of the guard shack. That grayness that is 2 blocks generally is road and theres a gate and perimiter fence there if you guys cant tell from my horribad attempts at mapping. The one bliock grayness is a concrete path.

Not a bad spot check, but theres nothing sneaking around or danger. But you do start noticing blood stains around the area..

Level 2

OOC: Commander is his rank within the Unit, why they are cloned after military ranks Wise Co uses different ranking then other branches. Operator, Corporal, Sergeant, Liutenant and Commander and they ranks dont affect others out side of the rank. Though he answers to any authoritative title. Though the Commanders do hold infleunce in as fact as the Commanders are generally friends and if one tells the other one of their dudes is being a **** its being taken seriously.

Root Your treat injury succeeds and you examine the gash, its five inches long and its deep enough to see the bone. Tendons, and ragged meat make up most of his back and its most likely pure adrenaline keeping him up to this point. You do what you can to stop the bleeding but its beyond what you can do at this time. He needs serious surgery and the sooner the better.

Everyone:

Commander Yuri walks into the guard shack and leans against the wall and slumps down, why his bleeding is mostly stopped thanks to root ( 25 Experience btw), the injury is going to cause him a lot of issues further down. The jungle around is unnaturally silent as if all of the natural fauna are gone or to terrified to make a sound, luckily the yard is decently well lit and the power is still active.

Inside of the guard shack is a laptop computer, more blood then could have come from Yuri and that is dried stains the floors and walls and empty shell casings cover the floor.

" Something... isn't right for @!#$ sure here" yuri said as he stood himself back up " Someone at Command messed up. When i find otu who is responsible i will killthem my self" he said in his deep Russian accent.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-17, 01:19 AM
They were in here...

Nahid checks for ways other than the door a five foot terror could enter the shack. She checks the walls, the base of the walls (for fox-like tunneling) and the roof. She doesn't have ranks or a modifier, but if there are dark bits she can at least shine a light on them.

[roll0]

P.S. How big is the shack? Judging by the size of those cars it'd be about 10 by 8 meters/yards, but it looks like that may be for showing up well on the map.

root
2015-12-17, 04:37 PM
Having regained some of his sense as adrenaline left his system, Chad shuddered. He's been covered in Yuri's blood, from the rushed attempt to staunch the bleeding.

"What the hell were those things? Am I dreaming!?! Where are all the cheerleaders, then?"

Having noticed a laptop, he turned to his companions. "I don't think we'll be able to find anyone to answer questions." Chad dismissively waved his arm in the direction of gore encrusted walls before continuing. "But maybe this laptop holds some answers. This'll only take a second... Don't let any of those damn beasts to sneak up!"

Chad approached the laptop and, after wiping his hands on his pants, at tempted to access it.

[roll0] Charisma check against DC 10 for Coordinate talent. If successful, give +1 to hit and +1 to all skills to Nahid and Kai for 3 rounds. Takes 1 full round to activate but this doesn't appear to be a combat situation so your mileage may vary.

[roll1] computer use assuming the laptop works and that there are security measures in place ( passwords or encrypted files).

arumizy
2015-12-18, 08:17 PM
Level: Each grid square is a standard five foot square... things like the cars are not to scale. Pretty low score but , you don't really see much other then the door. Most likely the beasties burst the door open and took the guard by surprise

Root: It is not combat so it doesn't take a turn to activate, but you failed your DC.

The Computer has power and has an ethernet cable plugged into its port. You take a crack at it and see no password and the internet indicator shows no network connection.. every nerds most feared status. This laptop seems like it was mostly used to access the camera network and seems to be able to be keyed into other areas as well. The Camera connection is still working but the status shows non-broadcast, reset in Sector security office.

You also stumble across a local messenger service used by the staff to talk back to one another, the only message that was saved before the net crashed.

To: L. Woodford

Yo Woody, your lucky your still by the staff center man, i though moving to the receiving dock of the Holding Facility would be exciting but its crazy. They brought in a transport with three more of those things today and the entire time their eyes never moved off of me. Its like the Raptors were looking into my spirit and judging my worthiness. Man im putting in for a transport to the Aquatic Center, at least there theres more then a little steel between me and those things.

Commander Yuri as if almost on queue hearing you ponder about the dream and the animals... " I seen something simular in movie once, about an island park... but that is fiction, this is real life... They couldn't be" he trailed off as he slumped back over sick from blood loss.

OOC: Was hoping Uru would post by now, but he can catch up. Reactionaries are rolled by me btw, if you forgot. Reactionary rolls made using invisible castle by me so i don't have to double post.

Yuri, Uru, Level... Fail.

Root, Succeed. You hear the crunch of grass.

root
2015-12-18, 10:14 PM
Chad was able to access the laptop with little difficulty. There wasn't even a password - so much for a secret research facility's security. Too bad there was no Wifi...

Turning back to his team mates, he said:
"Damn, no connection. But a certain Mr. Chakotai likely knows what's going on... assuming he's still in one piece."

"Wait, I think I can hear someone outside. I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Giving the situation a few more moments of thought, Chad added, "Whatever happens, I think I'll be taking this laptop with me. Who knows, it could be useful ahead."

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-19, 04:23 AM
"You can hear someone, or something?"

Not wanting to alert whatever made that sound too much, Nahid doesn't close the door, but crouches down beside it. Pistol drawn, but one hand free to push against the door if one of those November Delta's comes in.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-19, 04:25 AM
O, and in case a hide check helps. No ranks, but +3 dex, and a -1 penalty for my armor.
[roll0]

root
2015-12-19, 05:22 PM
"Yeah. I think there's someone outside.... Or something, maybe one of those damn lizards."

Having finished stuffing the laptop in his pack, Chad drew his weapon. It never hurts to have more firearms when flesh eating giant lizards are on your trail...

Yael
2015-12-20, 12:04 AM
Until now, Aoyama followed his team while keeping defensive for the big lizards. "We have to re establish connection with the main group, I don't know what were those things outside, but if this place is full of them, we better regroup." After a while, Kai checks his clip, and loads his Desert Eagle. "Outside? We better take a look." Kai closes distance to the door and takes a look at the outside.Spot Check [roll0]

arumizy
2015-12-20, 12:02 PM
As you look outside you hear the crunch of metal as the Raptor jumps onto the car, it screeches at you with a violent hiss. This one looks different then the other animals you encountered, same build but devoid of feathers.

( Reactionaries roled by me)

Initiative order, ( Iv decided to use the on board to do your reactionaries to make it fair and transparent, the npcs will be hidden still)
Urash [roll0]
Level [roll1]
Root [roll2]
??????? Initiative 17
Yuri.. Lost consciousness,

Map Legend:
Circle R Raptor
Circle 1: Urash
Circle 2: Level
Circle 3 Root
Circle 4: Yuri incapacitated.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/Round%20one_zpsirgujgih.png (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/arumizy/media/Round%20one_zpsirgujgih.png.html)

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-20, 01:41 PM
If Kai was looking out the door, and Nahid was crouched was crouched sitting behind the door, shouldn't they be closer to the door then Chad? I mean, I guess that's the square the laptop was in, and I doubt it's really going to matter with the bogie still some distance away, but it doesn't look like Kai could even see the dinosaur from there. ;)

Yael
2015-12-20, 05:09 PM
"What in the... Another one?!" Kai raises his weapon, but doesn't shot, he expects for the thing to move closer or to be shot first by his comrades.Kai Readies his Action to shot the thing if it gets way too close (20 ft.) and it threatens everyone inside the office.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

I don't want to damage the structure by shooting like crazy, so if the door is made of glass or cardboard, I just won't pull the trigger.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-21, 01:15 AM
Nahid moves to outside the shack (giving up the value of her door ambush) and takes a really good look around. Specifically, she's looking to see if this thing is alone. She may not remember the clever girl scene, but she has seen these foxtrot's (military curses are fun) operate a minute before.

If she doesn't notice anything see says "It looks like it's just the one, I advise we try to scare it off, sergeant". ('m probably going to have to use my wis modifyer because it's an animal, but I do have ranks in intimidate.)

If she does see anything I'll get back to you on what she says, because it depends on what she sees.

Search or spot check:
[roll0]

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-21, 01:17 AM
Semi-edit:

Oh, and I ready my shield in addition to my gun.

I'm starting to like quick draw.

root
2015-12-22, 12:22 AM
With his TEC 9 unholstered and ready for action, Chad isn't too hasty to shoot the Delta Lima. Turning back to his companions, he tries to defuse the situation a little bit.

"It only looks like one of 'em. I'm sure we can take it. No damn lizard is stopping us!", he said, trying to fill the silence.

Eyeing the slumped body of Commander Yuri, he only hoped he wasn't lying.

Chad edged a few feet closer to commander, continuing to look directly at the dinosaur.

[roll0] vs DC 10. If successful, give Nahid and Kai +3 to hit, to saves and to damage for 3 rounds.

It takes a full round action so.

Take 5 foot step to spot between "1" and "4" on the map (between Kai and Yuri's body)

Edit: Yess! Successful. The 2 of you get +3 to hit, +3 to damage, +3 to all saves for 3 rounds. Hopefully it's as long as it takes.

arumizy
2015-12-22, 11:54 AM
Expert: You do not see anything else, just one raptor mulling about the car. You can try to indimidate it, but this sucker has a good foot and a half on the ones you encountered earlier and looks heavier. It might take a bit of convincing to run off.

Everyone: Sorry about bad map placement guys, but from this point on we will have you guys map grid lcoations to move on. IRL play makes things much smoother then this and quicker lol.
Also the map has grid coords on it

The raptor jumps down off of the roof of the car and starts to sniff the interior as if it were searching for something. It had not yet caught scent of the buffet in the guard shack and it was silently mulling about, its snout raised into the air and it sniffed and sniffed again harder before releasing an sharp shrieking call. The group hears more calls from the distance and you can not tell how far away but most likely they aren't in the immediate vicinity.

The single raptor continues to mull about and begins sniffing at the ground as it moves to O9 and sniffs at the blood stain. There is something weird with its behavior its almost like it knows you guys are watching it.........

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/2_zpspzykey2z.png (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/arumizy/media/2_zpspzykey2z.png.html)

Yael
2015-12-22, 06:53 PM
Kai gives Chad his trademark poker grin, and returns his sight to the beast. "We aren't exactly well hidden, that thing should have noticed us by now." He focuses his sniper-trained sight on the raptor. "Just as if it was taunting us..." Right after, the responsive hisses are heard. "Tch, I knew it. Aoyama quick checks on Yuri. We are being hunted. Brace yourselves."In response to the reveal of the posible ambush, Kai readies his action, again but focusing his sight on the lone raptor in the parking lot. He trusts in his instincts (hence his Uncanny Dodge talent) but still, he aims increasing his defenses.
Attack Roll (Combat Expertise -4): [roll0]
[B]Damage Roll:[B] [roll1]

I increase my defense by +4.

Same conditions for shooting as the previous round.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-23, 01:15 PM
Nahid is still standing outside on the square in front of the door, where she went to have a good look around last time. She is holding her shield and her pistol.

I ready my action like Urashima did. I fire if the car park scavenger we see or anything else that looks decisively non-mammalian and dangerous gets within 50 foot (because this thing looks fast, no reason to let it get close for free), so if it steps onto the path to the shack or approaches us through the green to a similar distance.

Attack: [roll0] (+6 BAB, +1 because Glocks are masterwork, +1 for greater inspiration (if I'm reading it correctly), -2 because range increment=30)
Damage: [roll1] (+1 for greater inspiration)

Chad, how is the commander looking? Do we have a scenario where he lives, and if we do, do we need to be mobile?

Sergeant, how do you want to play this? Offense or defense? Because this things is making me nervous.

Yael
2015-12-24, 02:32 AM
Kai takes a deep breath to reduce his body movement, enhancing his accuracy (just in case), and answers Nahid's question. "I call defensive, at least until we get more information on the number of targets. They appear to be highly hostile." He answers.I'm not taking an action, but talking. I also forgot to add the +3 to Attack and Damage to the rolls before (I didn't want to edit), so the real totals are 12 for Attack, and 17 for Damage.

root
2015-12-24, 04:05 PM
As Nahid and Kai raised their weapons, Chad readied his gun as well.

"Whatever this thing is, it's really itching for some bullets."

I'm going to ready my action to shoot if it comes within 30 feet.

Will employ double tap feat...

[roll0] to hit (including : MWK (+1), Point Blank (+1), Base(+5), Laser sight (+1), Double Tap (-2). Greater Inspiration unfortunately doesn't apply to myself)
[roll1] to damage (Double tap for +1 dice; +1 from point blank)

arumizy
2015-12-25, 09:54 PM
OOC: All When making movement be sure to put the grid coord in where your going , so i can keep it accurate.

The Raptor shrieks as it charges at you, Urash takes a shot first his round missing the charging reptile.
Level 2 takes aim and fires impacting the raptor in its chest, the animal hobbles a bit but doesn't stop its charge despite being injured.
Root follows the lead and sends more lead at the creature, landing a pummeling blow to its shoulder. The Raptor is hurt but not out yet.

from over the fence another one comes jumping. Landing on Y9, from the gate area another one comes roaring in shrieking and peering through the window. It has become even more obvious the lead raptor was keeping you distracted from a coordinated attack that was being set up. Luckily there are only two ways to get at you from this position, through the door and a fierce riot shield and to bust through the glass.

Initiative., Updated going forward to round 4

Urash (1d20+10)[24]

Level (1d20+3)[23]
Root (1d20+3)[22]
R Initiative 17
Yuri.. Lost consciousness,
R3 11
R2 9

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/3_zpsb944gmcp.png (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/arumizy/media/3_zpsb944gmcp.png.html)

Yael
2015-12-26, 08:59 PM
"I knew it, they are hunting us." Kai says as he aims a second time and shots. "Pack hunting speaks volumes, they are somewhat intelligent, or with a high instinct."
I'm not applying Combat Expertise this time. I'm shoting the same one that I shot the round before, I don't want to show the third raptor that the glass can be easily broken.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

I'm changing ammo as I use it in my sheet.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-27, 08:10 AM
Every riot cop knows that it's a good idea to take out the leader first. Nahid shoots the lead raptor. If Kai already killed it she shoots raptor 2.

Attack: [roll0] (+6 BAB, +1 because Glocks are masterwork, +3 for greater inspiration)
Damage: [roll1] (+3 for greater inspiration)

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-27, 08:11 AM
Crap. Let's see how good this shield really is. :smallfrown:

EDIT: O wait, I've got combat sense (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/modern/smack/bodyguard.html), that's another +1 to attack (to any single opponent, in this case the raptor I shoot at). It doesn't look like it will matter this time, but from now on I should remember to add that.

root
2015-12-27, 11:00 PM
Noticing more dinos on the field, Chad continues to fire.

Going to do what Level 3 does, basically. Go for original raptor, and if it's dead, go for number 2.

[roll0] Same as before, Double Tap.
[roll1] Same as before, double tap.

arumizy
2015-12-29, 11:14 AM
Uash takes aim and fires, the rounds impact between the Raptors eyes. It shrieks and flops and writhes kicking on the ground before it finally succumbs to hail of bullets. This has the other two raptors shriek in rage at their commreades deaths.

As the lead Raptor falls Level quickly turns and takes aim at the secondary pack mate. The bullets scream past the raptor and has no hit. The raptor looks angry.

Root takes aim and lets loose his double tap, boom boom the rounds impact heartily on the raptors side and it shriels in pain. But its far from out.

R2 comes screaming at Urash, its wicked talon on its toe slashing visciously at her. The riot shield deflects it and she is able to smack it on the snout as a bad lizard bad sign/.

R3 Raptor three comes in screaming from around the side, not suspecting the glass in brittle and comes at the side of Urash, it snaps its wicked jaws at her. As she is unprepared to shield from both sides this ones bites her for 5 Damage on her thigh. Urash is now bleeding profusely ( Creates a solid scent trail and deals D4 -1 damage per turn minimum 1)

Map
OOC: Urash be a decent tank eh.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x110/arumizy/4_zpsqiiymecq.png (http://s183.photobucket.com/user/arumizy/media/4_zpsqiiymecq.png.html)

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-29, 12:42 PM
OOC: I'll assume you meant Level or Nahid where you said Urash. :smallwink:

Bleeding profusely, nice. Good thing I have some hit points.

arumizy
2015-12-29, 05:53 PM
OOC: I'll assume you meant Level or Nahid where you said Urash. :smallwink:

Bleeding profusely, nice. Good thing I have some hit points.

You assume correct posting with a toddler on your lap makes for interesting things

root
2015-12-30, 12:51 PM
"Duck!" Chad screams, shooting a single bullet at the raptor that just sank its teeth in Nahid's thigh, taking care not to hit her.

[roll0] to hit (same bonuses as before, taking -4 for shooting into melee though)
[roll1] No double tap, just hoping to hit.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-30, 01:54 PM
Nahid lets out a single scream of pain and anger. Then she elbows the beast that just bit her in the face, causing it to let go. She moves her right foot to rebalance herself on her injured leg, and shifts her focus to the bastard that has been trying to eat her shield. As delightful as revenge sometimes sounds, the others will have a much easier time shooting the one she's not standing in front of. As she turns her body and pushes against her shield for a little room to maneuver she quickly weights her options. Crowd control situation, big guy gets pushy? She makes a decision, and quick as lightning switches her pistol for the electric stun gun hanging from her belt. This thing wants to be a monster? It gets to be Frankenstein*.

*Nahid does not have ranks in pop cultural knowledge, I don't think she knows or cares about the distinction.

The elbow and the step are flavor text, she's not moving and she's making a single stun gun attack.

Attack: [roll0] (+3 BAB, +1 for combat sense, -1 for reckless, +3 for greater inspiration)
Damage: [roll1] (+1 for melee smash, +1 for reckless, +3 for greater inspiration (strength bonus doesn't work on stun guns))
Paralyzes for 1d6 rounds, DC15 fort save.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-30, 01:57 PM
O, I knew I was forgetting something. Let's roll for some blood!

[roll0].

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-30, 02:58 PM
semi-edit:

O, right, and to clarify: I'm attacking raptor 2.

Yes, almost all my message board posts have edits in them. It's taking some time to get used to a format with dice rolls...

Yael
2016-01-07, 02:15 AM
"Nahid!" Nahid's scream startles Kai for a second it was the , he then takes a moment to analyze the situation and look for the best solution. The things are obviously pack hunting, and they are well coordinated, or so it seems, but the first one, that could be the leader has been taken out, so our chances of beating these dinos are quite high, if their coordination works like a primtive attack. "Focus your fire." Kai closes the distance shots the one that injured his comrade. Kai trusts on his agility, so he fears not (almost) steping closer to them.
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1]