PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A question on the dragonlance fluffy stuff

Nessa Ellenesse
2015-12-15, 11:07 PM
I was going though the dragon-lance supplemental looking for the physical description of the elves and I remember reading something about them having a dream about the person they were supposed to marry around age 70-75 but when I went back to look it up in the place I thought I read it I couldn't find it. Has anyone else come across this reference?

Ganorenas
2015-12-16, 01:30 AM
I have not, though it has been awhile since I read the original books, I have not seen it mentioned in any of the side stories that I have read. I am not saying I have read them all, but I have read a sizable amount.

I would think that it would have been mentioned a few times in any of the books that focused on elves, but didn't see it described in any of them while I was browsing.

Sorry =(

jedipilot24
2015-12-16, 11:34 AM
Since elves don't sleep, that's a very unlikely ability for them to have.

Nessa Ellenesse
2015-12-16, 03:53 PM
It was in one of the rules books. They don't sleep they enter into four hours of "trance" which something akin to dreams and visions are possible. According to Races of the Wild which is generic D&D they walk the paths of memories.

Aleolus
2015-12-16, 04:02 PM
It was in one of the rules books. They don't sleep they enter into four hours of "trance" which something akin to dreams and visions are possible. According to Races of the Wild which is generic D&D they walk the paths of memories.

This is true, and it would be plausible for a dm to rule something like this happens. However, according to the BoEF, elves don't really marry, or at least not in thhe way we think of marriage. because of the elven lifespan and how free-spirited they are, a life-long commitment to one partner is baffling to them

SovelsAtaask
2015-12-16, 04:56 PM
This is true, and it would be plausible for a dm to rule something like this happens. However, according to the BoEF, elves don't really marry, or at least not in thhe way we think of marriage. because of the elven lifespan and how free-spirited they are, a life-long commitment to one partner is baffling to them

You mean the Book of Erotic Fantasy? The 3rd-party sex book? I'm not really sure if that should be used as a reliable source of information for things not specifically coming from it.

illyahr
2015-12-16, 06:09 PM
You mean the Book of Erotic Fantasy? The 3rd-party sex book? I'm not really sure if that should be used as a reliable source of information for things not specifically coming from it.

Actually, the fluff in it is extremely well thought out and written without the usual "oh it's sex, tee hee" mindset. I would recommend the book for the fluff alone. The crunch is mostly poor and seems like it was written by teenagers, but there are a few things that are salvageable.

Keltest
2015-12-16, 06:20 PM

Dragons of Autumn Twilight specifically calls out Laurana, the Elf Princess, and being betrothed, ie promised to marry. While this was considered inappropriate, it was because of who she promised herself to, not because she was getting married. Whether or not elves across D&D marry, elves in Dragonlance certainly do.