PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Advice on Sunless Citadel cycle.

VenomTongue
2015-12-16, 12:57 AM
So a while ago a couple of my roommates asked me about my D&D books. I explained to them what role playing games were, and what D&D was to the best of my ability. Well they asked to play a game, and even though I don't usually DM, I said sure. I am having to play a couple of the characters but they don't do a lot of talking, I want my players to take the lead.
So we started playing the Sunken Citadel, worked out pretty well, until Calcryx the dragon joined the party. Yada yada yada, adventure concludes, and they want to do another, so we do the Forge of Fury, and Calcryx is back. Now we are on the Speaker in Dreams, and Calcryx the white dragon wyrmling is still in the party. (The players love her, I can't kill her).
So I started advancing her in class levels. We already had a Barbarian (favored class for white dragons) so I started leveling her in Ranger (wildshape variant).
But now the characters have money and Calcryx needs gear. So I have problems.
1. When Calcryx gets Wildshape I plan on going into Master of Many Forms if only to easily get gear. I am worried however that when she shifts back into dragon form the items will fall off or cease to be useful. There isn't a lot of information about my particular issue. Any useful feats, or ideas?
2. Finding useful gear for a wyrmling dragon is kind of hard, any suggestions would be appreciated. She has about 4500 gp.
3. Its looking like I am going to end up running all the modules through Bastion of Broken Souls. Any advice would be appreciated.
4. The party consists of an NPC Barbarian, an NPC Cleric of Pelor, a Beguiler, a Bard/ Marshal (Diplomancer), and Calcryx. But the Bard and the Beguiler are starting to see Calcryx as more of a familiar than an equal. Any suggestions on how to nip that in the bud without being too hostile?