PDA

View Full Version : Bow Sniper help

Max Caysey
2015-12-16, 08:48 AM
Hi...

Im trying to make a sniper, with a bow, and I'm looking for mundane equipment. I have distance and far shot and range weapon mastery, but I'm looking for ways of adding stuff to the bow. I also have long range from DM #358 and flight arrows.

So what kind of equipment is out there for my to apply? Any sniper scopes or stabilizing weights I havent found???

Thanks

Hiro Quester
2015-12-16, 09:10 AM
Hank's Energy bow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a)
Bracers of Archery
Dexterity item (gloves)

Edit: Oh. you said mundane equipment. Never mind those then.

A custom skill item (+2 circumstance bonus) for spot checks (sight/rangefinder on you bow)?

Darrin
2015-12-16, 11:55 AM
Start with an Elvencraft longbow (300 GP, Races of the Wild) made out of serren (+4000 GP, MIC). It counts as a quarterstaff, which is a double weapon, so it can hold two wand chambers (100 GP, Dungeonscape). It also counts as a longbow, so you may be able to add a third wand chamber. Then add a hilt hollow and/or oil chamber (same book) if the DM hasn't thrown any books at you yet. A bow blade (4 GP, Complete Scoundrel) can also be added if you need a melee piercing weapon.

The only other mundane thing I can think of that attaches to a bow... there's a gnome crossbow sight in A&EG that lets you ignore some range penalties, but it's only designed to be attached to a crossbow. To which I would say, what sort of gnome would ever stop at just crossbows?

Max Caysey
2015-12-16, 12:59 PM
Start with an Elvencraft longbow (300 GP, Races of the Wild) made out of serren (+4000 GP, MIC). It counts as a quarterstaff, which is a double weapon, so it can hold two wand chambers (100 GP, Dungeonscape). It also counts as a longbow, so you may be able to add a third wand chamber. Then add a hilt hollow and/or oil chamber (same book) if the DM hasn't thrown any books at you yet. A bow blade (4 GP, Complete Scoundrel) can also be added if you need a melee piercing weapon.

The only other mundane thing I can think of that attaches to a bow... there's a gnome crossbow sight in A&EG that lets you ignore some range penalties, but it's only designed to be attached to a crossbow. To which I would say, what sort of gnome would ever stop at just crossbows?

Thanks...

A followup question... Would the Targeteer special ablitity (Vital Shot) function with Crossbows?

Vogie
2015-12-16, 01:21 PM
I'm heard the front-end damage with crossbows is better for snipers, but haven't run the numbers myself. Wand slots with at least one with Gravity Bow is an easy add, but I don't know if that falls into mundane for you...

You may be interested in THIS THREAD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?454658-Compound-Bow-in-game), a short discussion about how to build a compound bow in-game.