PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Needing advice on LE Red Knight Melee Cleric build

Sancelot
2015-12-16, 12:35 PM
Hi folks, how you all doing?

So, I'm about to create a combat focused cleric, starting at level 1. As I've never played an evil character, I'm trying to change a bit and see how it feels. My idea of a LE Cleric, is a cleric that believes thar War/Conflict is fundamental to evolution, meaning that peace would lead to stagnation. Of course, he isn't the type of guy that goes into a bar causing havok because this is just violence without reason. That being said, Red Knight seems like the ideal god for this kind of belief. (Feel free to suggest other deities with similar reasoning).

That being said, I have 85 points and starting 3 feats (human has 4).
I'll grab ordained champion ASAP(the DM allowed using Red Knight as deity for this purpose), but I don't have any idea of what other PRC I could use to beef up a bit more.

At first, I thought 18,10,17,10,16,14 would be the ideal build. Starting with power attack, quicken spell, DDM quicken and extra turning. But after reading Holy Warrior (which let's me use Wisdom insted of Str for attack and damage), wouldn't a 14,12,17,18,14 be more powerful later on? After all, focusing Wisdom significantly buffs Channel Spell, Will saves and raises DC.
Also, I need a few more feats suggestion, as adding a bunch of extra turning seems like a viable thing to do.

Thanks in advance for reading :smallbiggrin:

nintendoh
2015-12-16, 01:24 PM
Quicken and dmm quicken are a waste of two feats there. You get spontaneous war domain spells from the prc you were looking at. Instead, take human and get extend. Work towards persisting. Then eventually get into sacred exorsist. You will end up with all day buffs instead of quick buffs. Maybe bump cha just a bit. Holy warrior gives you plus x to damage rolls equal to the highest war domain you can cast. Intuitive attack does wis to attack rolls. Try persisting divine power and rightous might.

GilesTheCleric
2015-12-16, 01:35 PM
Asking your GM about taking Prestige Paladin of Tyranny for smites might not be a bad idea if your cha is already high from DMM.