PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Resident Evil D20 Redux

AlanBruce
2015-12-16, 03:04 PM
Greetings! A few years back I stumbled upon this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?49714-Resident-Evil-D20). It did an amazing job adapting all things Resident Evil into a 3.5 format.

The link, thankfully, can still be seen, but it was closed by a Moderator years ago, so it cannot be expanded upon.

I was hoping to get some fresh new ideas for the following titles, which the thread did not get to cover. Mostly the creatures found in each of the following titles, new weapons (if any, the games tend to have the same weapons in every game), and if anybody has an idea for a PrC or template, even better.

The games we are looking to convert to 3.5 (specifically the items mentioned above) are from the following titles:

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil: Revelations

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Thankfully, the previous thread dealt with a bunch of existing templates for creatures which resurface in a mildly altered way in RE5 and 6, but there are new viruses. New, unique creatures.

So I am hoping to garner interest and see the brilliant minds at in the forums come up with amazing new critters, classes, PrC and templates that can be used in new aberration/undead games.

Looking forward to your amazing contributions!

And yes, this was submitted days ago to Homebrew, but nobody decided to post any feedback. Hopefully here, e will see some contributions or at least starting points to work on the many elements contained within these titles.

Tohsaka Rin
2015-12-16, 10:24 PM
Weapons are perhaps the easiest thing, simply go look up D20 Modern, and the supplement Weapons Locker. The system is built very similarly to 3.x so porting over weapons and items really only requires adding the requisite proficiency feats to the game. Armor, not so much, but who really uses armor in RE?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51C4DF7M15L._SX363_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Use the Resident Evil wiki or IMFDB to match the ingame models to their actual counterparts, and then look them up in the D20 books.

Piece of cake.

AlanBruce
2015-12-16, 10:31 PM
The weapons aren't a problem. As you wrote- d20 Modern has them.

I was more focused on the creatures and templates that he new games brought to the table. And how easily would they apply to a traditional 3.5 game (not necessarily modern based).