PDA

View Full Version : That's a Crazy Monk! [Feat]

JackMage666
2007-06-12, 02:15 AM
Ascetic Berserker
You've scene both the untaimed powers of raw emotion and the precision of order. You're fighting style mixes the best of both worlds, creating an emotional, yet dutiful, warrior.
Prerequisites: Stunning Fist, Rage 1/day
Benefit: Your Monk and Barbarian levels stack for Unarmored Speed Bonus, Unarmed Strike Damage, and daily uses of Rage.
You may multiclass freely between Barbarian and Monk levels. You must be still lawful to gain levels in Monk.
As an additional benefit, you no longer lose Barbarian class features for being lawful. Also, you may continue to gain levels in Barbarian, even if you are lawful.
Special: A Monk may take this as his 6th level bonus feat.

Callix
2007-06-12, 02:52 AM
How the **** do you qualify for this? You have to undergo radical alignment shift, and either lose rage for one level or burn a precious feat. I can't see anyone taking this feat. Ever. It is truly crazy. Not imba, or underpowered, just a completely insane concept. All the same, it is well written.

JackMage666
2007-06-12, 03:34 AM
Shouldn't be anymore difficult than the Bard/Paladin feat in Complete Adventurer, though.

Plus, it takes roleplaying! Everyone loves roleplaying!

Nebo_
2007-06-12, 04:11 AM
I think you mean Ascetic, not Aesthetic...

Edit: Perhaps you should only be able to enter via Monk, at the moment a Barbarian could take this and get monk bonuses for nothing, kind of like Talashtora. Still mind class feature pre req, perhaps?

Callix
2007-06-12, 06:38 AM
I take your point on paladin/bard (which is also insane).
One question: does the barbarian fast movement stack with the monk fast movement?

brian c
2007-06-12, 10:46 AM
I take your point on paladin/bard (which is also insane).
One question: does the barbarian fast movement stack with the monk fast movement?

Monk fast movement is an enhancement bonus, while Barbarian fast movement is unnamed, so unless specifically stated otherwise they do stack.

Thexare Blademoon
2007-06-12, 11:13 AM
How the **** do you qualify for this? You have to undergo radical alignment shift

Neutral to Lawful is a "radical alignment shift"?

Barbarians don't require Chaotic, y'know.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-12, 11:27 AM
I think you mean Ascetic, not Aesthetic...

No, it's only for really hawt barbarian monks. Its just that standard DnD has no measure of appearance.

JackMage666
2007-06-13, 01:47 AM
Alright, changed the name (thank you for the correction), as well as made Stunning Fist the pre-req feat rather than Improved Unarmed Strike. While it's still possible for a straight Barbarian to get into it, it's much less likely.

TheOOB
2007-06-13, 02:11 AM
You should also add a clause that lets you take levels in barbarian even if you are lawful.

JackMage666
2007-06-13, 02:36 AM
Done, added the Lawful Barbarian clause.

Matthew
2007-06-15, 09:36 PM
This seems a bit bonkers to me. Not for fluff reasons, but the mechanics seem terribly powerful. Basically you're some sort of Monk/Barbarian Gestalt. I have heard rumours of this sort of Feat being introduced, but it seems crazy to me.

F.H. Zebedee
2007-06-16, 10:31 PM
Actually, Monk-barian wouldn't be too unbalanced. It might actually be somewhat a balancing factor since Monk would go from: Fast guy that can survive to DANG FAST guy that can survive well and hit hard on occasion. I like it, personally.