PDA

View Full Version : (Spoiler) To stop the "But how?!?!?" threads...

Ridureyu
2007-06-12, 03:33 AM
...The "How did O-Chul survive if Miko didn't?" question.

It's not a matter of who has more HP. O-Chul was hit by the blast and sent flying. Miko was nailed by rubble, including the throne itself - which evidently did something somewhat similar to a vorpal swing, just a little bit lower.

Essentially, Miko failed more saves than O-Chul, and got whacked a lot harder. Concerning Physics, she was pushing herself into the epicenter of the blast, and her body might have shielded O-Chul from some of the debris.

kolvar
2007-06-12, 03:50 AM
You mean the GM in Heaven rolled two different damage-die pools and O-Chul's came out with only ones and Miko's all sixes? And in addtion the one made his save the other did not (did Miko have Evasion?).
Or do you mean: "Heck, it makes a better story when the one survives and the other not?" :smallsmile:

Ridureyu
2007-06-12, 03:55 AM
All of the above. Miko got debris. O-Chul didn't. Miko had more saves to roll and apparently fail, and the big one cut her in half.

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 04:10 AM
It's pretty simple for me.

First: We don't know if O-Chul REALLY survived. He can be dead.
Second: His flight had pretty comedic effect, and he wasn't very important for plot after he failed to cut the gates himself..

Finally Miko was important, and it really wouldn't make good story if Miko survived such horrible blast in my opinion. Consider it: no dramatic end - instead " I made Reflex save its OK".

You must agree that even according to let's say "not very realistic" D&D rules such explosion would be pretty deadly. And it's save DC pretty high.

Irbis
2007-06-12, 04:17 AM
Yep, she has evasion, so she survived the explosion unharmed.

Too bad evasion doesn't count against razor-sharp debris :smallyuk:

By the way, her saves are probably worse than Ugly's :smallamused: